HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,956 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #159091
12/08/13 06:06 PM
12/08/13 06:06 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
APL, I think you would refuse to obey if Jesus commanded you to kill criminals or combatants.

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #159092
12/08/13 06:18 PM
12/08/13 06:18 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
We have the word of God. That is what I want to obey, with God's power. Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Which is how I answered above.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: APL] #159097
12/08/13 07:27 PM
12/08/13 07:27 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
APL, Moses wrote a huge part of the Bible. He obeyed when Jesus commanded him to kill criminals and combatants. Would you, if you stood in Moses' shoes, disobey?

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #159098
12/08/13 07:28 PM
12/08/13 07:28 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: APL
M: Jesus commanded His chosen people to "smite" and "utterly destroy" His enemies. Those who obeyed He blessed. And those who disobeyed He cursed and killed.

A: What would have happened if the people had obeyed God in the beginning? We don't know the answer. God's plan was to drive the people out slowly before them, "not in one year". Israel need not lose one man! But the people were full of unbelief.

They did obey Jesus. He commanded them to attack and kill the Amalekites. Jesus did not "permit" the Hebrews to "utterly destroy" His enemies - He commanded them to do it. Jesus does not command people to violate His law.

Quote:
Exodus
17:9 And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: to morrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand.
17:10 So Joshua did as Moses had said to him, and fought with Amalek: and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.
17:11 And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.
17:12 But Moses' hands [were] heavy; and they took a stone, and put [it] under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
17:13 And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.
17:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this [for] a memorial in a book, and rehearse [it] in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.
17:15 And Moses built an altar, and called the name of it Jehovahnissi:
17:16 For he said, Because the LORD hath sworn [that] the LORD [will have] war with Amalek from generation to generation.

Jesus did not tell them, Don't fight. Instead, He said, "The Lord will have war. Go out and fight with the edge of the sword."

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Mountain Man] #159099
12/08/13 07:44 PM
12/08/13 07:44 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
MM - - follow the flow!!! It was not God's plan that they fight. But they did fight, against God will. but God gave them instructions. Did they follow those instructions to figh? NO! Once they set out on their own plan, they still did not follow God's instructions. Did they clear out the land? NO! If they were so faithful, how come they were defeated? Is God impotent? It wa they unbelief.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: APL] #159103
12/09/13 04:10 AM
12/09/13 04:10 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL,

Following your logic, if and only if that logic is valid, but certainly it is your logic, it was a sin for Saul to accept the kingship of Israel, because it was never God's intent to have Israel governed by kings.

You never have answered my question, but your logic leads me to conclude the following:

1) APL would never have offered his son Isaac upon the altar, because God could not be asking him to "sin" in "committing murder."

2) APL would never have assumed the position of king over Israel, because God could not be anointing him to such a "sinful" post of duty.

3) APL would never have stoned the Sabbath breaker, because God could not be asking him to "commit murder."

4) APL would never have slain Goliath, because God could not be "tempting" him to "commit murder."

5) APL would never have taken his brother's barren wife to raise up seed to his deceased brother, because God could not be asking him to "commit adultery."

6) APL would never have gone to anoint David king over Israel, because God could not be asking him to go against His original plan for theocracy, and because God could not be asking him to "lie" to the king's men should they ask concerning his business.

7) APL would never have killed Agag, the king of the Amalekites, much less have put all of their nation--men, women, and children--to the sword, because God could not really be asking him to commit genocide and murder.

8) APL would never have killed a lamb, kid, or goat, nor would he ever have confessed his sins over the head of such, because none of that was part of God's original plan.

9) APL should never eat vegetables, because they were not originally part of man's diet.

10) APL would never even think about punishing his child, because "God does not punish."

APL, if you are to reach God's Kingdom at the last, you have a few more things to unlearn. Your misconceptions and errors prevent you from seeing the wisdom of God's ways.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Green Cochoa] #159109
12/09/13 06:13 AM
12/09/13 06:13 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Green Consider one of your points above, Quote Green: 2) APL would never have assumed the position of king over Israel, because God could not be anointing him to such a "sinful" post of duty.

You obviously think it was a good thing for Israel to have a king (little k). If Israel had trusted God, they NEVER would have had a king. Asking for a king was a rejection of God.

1 Samuel 8:6-8 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed to the LORD. 7 And the LORD said to Samuel, Listen to the voice of the people in all that they say to you: for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them. 8 According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even to this day, with which they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also to you.

In asking for a king, Israel was wanted to be like the other "nations". What were the other nations? HEATHEN. And the History of Israel bares this out. They did become like the heathen, and WORSE. Is this the standard that you Green wish to aspire? I certainly hope not!

Originally Posted By: EJW
In the Bible the "nations" are the heathen. The Hebrew word which is often rendered "nations" is the identical word from which the word "heathen" always comes. Perhaps Psalms 96:5 makes the case as clear as may be to the English reader. "For all the gods of the nations are idols; but the Lord made the heavens." Here it is very evident that the "nations" are heathen. In Psalms 2:1 where we read, "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?" The Revision has it. "Why do the nations rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?" Such an idea as a "Christian nation" is as much a contradiction of terms as a "Christian heathen," or a "Christian sinner." A "nation" in God's use of the term, when speaking of earthly nations, is a collection of heathen. So what the Jews really said was this: "We will have a king over us, that we also may be like all the heathen." That was what they wanted, because all other people acknowledged other gods than Jehovah, and all the people on earth, with the exception of Israel, had kings over them. The Danish Bible renders 1 Samuel 8:20 plainly, "We will also be like all the heathen;" and the German of Luther still more pointedly has it, "That we also may be like all other heathen." {1900 EJW, EVCO 398.3}

I could pick holes in most of your conjecture above, but will spare you. Suffice it to say, that Israel rarely trusted God. If they had, they would have had no need to fight, God would have been their defender. Read 2 Chronicles 20. The REAL victories of Israel come from FAITH in God, NOT from the SWORD. If they had trusted God they would never have had a king. If they had trusted God, they would have gone into the promise land shortly after leaving Egypt.

I have plenty to learn and unlearn. But YOU Green that needs a change of heart. To unlearn your misconceptions and errors and see God as He is in Christ.

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: APL] #159111
12/09/13 06:47 AM
12/09/13 06:47 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL,

You are gifted at selective quotations. Why did you leave off at verse 8? Perhaps there is some truth you are avoiding in the next verse. Also, the command God gives is reiterated at the end of that chapter.

Originally Posted By: The Bible
1 Samuel 8:9 Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and show them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.
1 Samuel 8:22 And the LORD said to Samuel, Hearken unto their voice, and make them a king. And Samuel said unto the men of Israel, Go ye every man unto his city.

You wouldn't answer my other question, and I don't expect you will answer this one either--because to answer is to admit your position has been incorrect. However, that others will see that you do not admit of the truth, I will ask this plainly, and then if the deflections begin on your part, all will know where you stand and how untenable your position is that you are unable to speak plainly.

Question: Did the LORD speak against His will?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: Green Cochoa] #159116
12/09/13 02:33 PM
12/09/13 02:33 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: green
Question: Did the LORD speak against His will?
You are not a good listener green. Did God give them a command to have a king? YES. Was this for the good of Israel, under the circumstances, YES! Was this God's perfect will? NO. It was God's permissive will, to meet the people where they were.

By using YOUR logic, God's will is that we have divorce. God's will is we have polygamy. But that is NOT God's will. It is God's permissive will, to meet the people where they were. It was not God's ideal. Why did God give the rules for divorce? Because of the hardness of the people's heart.

Why did God give Israel a king? Because of the people's hardness of their heart and their lack of faith. Asking for a king was a rejection of God.

Re: Are Extreme Weather Events a Sign of . . . . ? [Re: APL] #159118
12/09/13 03:00 PM
12/09/13 03:00 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
You didn't answer the question. But I expected that.

If you do want to answer it, a "yes" or a "no" would be nice, not an ad hominem followed by a loosely-strung series of truths that do not provide a clear answer.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!