HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,198
Posts195,591
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, TruthinTypes, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 102 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 101 102
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #160711
01/21/14 07:31 PM
01/21/14 07:31 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Oh! I see. Hm - could God have stopped Satan in the beginning, thus sparing us all this pain???
The people had rejected God. Freewill means He must leave.

1. So, God could have spared us our current pain, but chose another course. Pain is not the worst thing there is, and can even be very helpful.

2. What happened to Satan's freewill? Why hasn't he been killed by snakes, swallowed by the earth, or incinerated by fire? These are examples of what you say happened when God left people alone. Why is Satan still kicking, even though he rejected God long ago?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: asygo] #160713
01/21/14 08:02 PM
01/21/14 08:02 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
If God had allowed the natural consequences of sin to proceed, Satan would have perished. The on looking universe, never having seen this, would not have understood this. God had to intervene and let satan's scenario play out. It is called, the Great Controversy.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: APL] #160717
01/21/14 09:18 PM
01/21/14 09:18 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
In all these years since his rebellion, Satan has been kept alive by God in order to let the Great Controversy play out. OK.

So, it is not always true that, "The people had rejected God. Freewill means He must leave." There are times when God overrides one's choice, if a greater good can be accomplished or a greater evil avoided.

Since his rebellion, has Satan's life been one of peace and joy, or pain and suffering?

Last edited by asygo; 01/21/14 09:21 PM.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #160741
01/22/14 04:02 PM
01/22/14 04:02 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
You like Satan have accused God to be a "dictator" because of the order of heaven.

Originally Posted By: kland
Wait! It's not me, but you and others believing God acts like a dictator!

The whole argument of Satan was that God's laws are tyranical. He took the truth and twisted it to confuse others, to believe that since the righteousness of God destroys sin and those who refuse to repent, God is a tyrant.

The reason what you are doing is the exact same thing is because you have the same argument. You have twisted the words of God to make it look like God could not possibly be just in destroying the wicked, which has the same leverage against God as what Satan argued.
You need to look at yourself. You need to review the argument of satan accusing God of being tyrannical. Because what you are doing is saying that God does the same thing as a tyrant would do, but then you have twisted it to say that acting in such a way is NOT tyranny and you have twisted the words of inspiration to make it say the opposite. You have called good evil and evil good. Satan accused God of what you are accusing Him of. However, even satan could see it as tyranny, but you see tyranny as good.

You need prayer, brother.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: dedication] #160743
01/22/14 06:36 PM
01/22/14 06:36 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
That is a perfect point Dedication.

We are in the middle of a war, and there are only two sides.

Shame on anyone who twists the truth to illude that God is in collusion with Satan. If Satan punishes the wicked then who punishes Satan?

God is in control of our only defense against Satan. Like He said to Job "can you snag leviathon with a hook?" we have no weapons against Satan and the angels of God are our only defense.

In the second resurrection God takes away Satans defenses and exposes him, casting him to the ground, making him walk like a mortal. "I shall bring you to ashes in the sight of men". God does this, not nature or the unraveling of the fabric of the universe, GOD does it.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: kland] #160744
01/22/14 06:55 PM
01/22/14 06:55 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
You like Satan have accused God to be a "dictator" because of the order of heaven.

Wait! It's not me, but you and others believing God acts like a dictator!

The whole argument of Satan was that God's laws are tyranical. He took the truth and twisted it to confuse others, to believe that since the righteousness of God destroys sin and those who refuse to repent, God is a tyrant.

The reason what you are doing is the exact same thing is because you have the same argument. You have twisted the words of God to make it look like God could not possibly be just in destroying the wicked, which has the same leverage against God as what Satan argued.
You need to look at yourself. You need to review the argument of satan accusing God of being tyrannical. Because what you are doing is saying that God does the same thing as a tyrant would do, but then you have twisted it to say that acting in such a way is NOT tyranny and you have twisted the words of inspiration to make it say the opposite. You have called good evil and evil good. Satan accused God of what you are accusing Him of. However, even satan could see it as tyranny, but you see tyranny as good.

You need prayer, brother.

We all need prayer brother, and if you are willing to offer one I am willing to accept it, but I don't see you offering one, I only see you use the fact to cast contempt. God doesn't like us using His name like that, I hope you know.

Let me tell you about the power of prayer. Every time I or my wife are in need of anything, we pray and it happens through the grace of God.

I hear the still small voice ask me what I would like, this is how close God has brought me to Him. On several occasions God has asked me if I need or want anything. I respond by taking the opportunity for praying for my family and friends and sometimes enemies, and they all come true, then He asks "But what do YOU want?"

Of course I ask for all righteousness and truth and the wisdom of Christ in my life, and then He tells me to ask for the righteous comforts of life, so I asked to get out of debt and to meet the woman HE would want for me. The very next morning I woke up to the phone ringing and it was my mothers husband asking how much the Smoothie Bar ministry I founded put me in debt and he sent me a check the next day and I met my wife that day, and everything else I asked for in the name of Jesus came true. Since that time there have been several other answers to prayer that were so miraculous that even my family and friends are constrained to acknowledge God answered my prayers. The most recent answer came last week in the saving of my fathers life while he was dying.

I wont share all the amazing prayers for others that have been answered, but there are times when in prayer that God answers directly without delay, giving answers to deep spiritual issues, and He is NEVER wrong.

I asked for a home for my new wife and one was given to me a week later, paid in full. I asked for a new car so we could have some security in our jobs and getting arround, and not one but two brand new cars are sitting in my garage right now, one of them completely paid for as a gift.

I boast in the Lord. I do need prayer, but I guarantee you I have no fear of not being heard.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #160746
01/22/14 07:46 PM
01/22/14 07:46 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The Ten Commandments are the character of God in writing. They have been around since before the angels.

Breaking the commandments demands death of the sinner.

Satan took this fact and twisted it to say God is a tyrant because He will destroy anyone who does not comply to His will in perfect righteousness. This is what you and APL are doing in your argument Kland. But it will soon be seen how wrong you are.

"Satan is constantly at work to misrepresent the character and government of God and to hold the inhabitants of the world under his deception. God sees the end from the beginning. His plans were far-reaching and comprehensive, not merely to put down the rebellion, but to demonstrate to all the universe its nature, fully vindicating His wisdom and righteousness in His dealings with evil. {EP 41.3}
The inhabitants of other worlds were watching with the deepest interest the condition of the world before the flood. They saw the results of the administration which Lucifer had endeavored to establish in heaven in casting aside the law of God. The thoughts of men’s hearts were only evil continually (Genesis 6:5), at war with the divine principles of purity, peace, and love. It was an example of awful depravity. {EP 41.4}
By the facts unfolded in the great controversy God carries with Him the sympathy of the whole universe as step by step His great plan advances to its fulfillment in the final eradication of rebellion. It will be seen that all who have forsaken the divine precepts have placed themselves on the side of Satan, in warfare against Christ. When the prince of this world shall be judged, and all who have united with him shall share his fate, the whole universe will declare, “Just and true are Thy ways, Thou King of saints.” Revelation 15:3. {EP 41.5}

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #160747
01/22/14 07:52 PM
01/22/14 07:52 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"I saw that the angels of God are never to control the will. God sets before man life and death. He can have his choice. Many desire life, but still continue to walk in the broad road. They choose to rebel against God’s government, notwithstanding His great mercy and compassion in giving His Son to die for them. Those who do not choose to accept of the salvation so dearly purchased, must be punished. But I saw that God would not shut them up in hell to endure endless misery, neither will He take them to heaven; for to bring them into the company of the pure and holy would make them exceedingly miserable. But He will destroy them utterly and cause them to be as if they had not been; then His justice will be satisfied. He formed man out of the dust of the earth, and the disobedient and unholy will be consumed by fire and return to dust again. I saw that the benevolence and compassion of God in this matter should lead all to admire His character and to adore His holy name. After the wicked are destroyed from off the earth, all the heavenly host will say, “Amen!” {EW 221.1}

All the heavenly host will say amen when God destroys the wicked but Kland and APL will not.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #160753
01/23/14 02:42 AM
01/23/14 02:42 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
JAMES - - God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression; but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown. Every ray of light rejected, every warning despised or unheeded, every passion indulged, every transgression of the law of God, is a seed sown which yields its unfailing harvest. The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan. The destruction of Jerusalem is a fearful and solemn warning to all who are trifling with the offers of divine grace and resisting the pleadings of divine mercy. Never was there given a more decisive testimony to God's hatred of sin and to the certain punishment that will fall upon the guilty. {GC 36.1}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 3) [Re: Mountain Man] #160768
01/23/14 06:27 PM
01/23/14 06:27 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
APL and Kland believe everything must be interpreted to mean God withdraws His restraining hand and permits nature, evil men, or evil angels to murder. No matter what anyone else says, no matter which passages they post they will either mock, ridicule, and chide it, or they will ignore, reject, and dismiss it.

This discussion has played itself out. Everything that can be said has already been posted.
There is more to say - Even if an angel of light...

Page 51 of 102 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 101 102

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:41 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!