HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #161074
01/31/14 05:07 AM
01/31/14 05:07 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Not to mention that you are directly contradicting what the servant of the Lord (Ellen White) said about Josiah Litch's discovery...

"At the very time specified, Turkey, through her ambassadors, accepted the protection of the allied powers of Europe, and thus placed herself under the control of Christian nationsThe event exactly fulfilled the prediction. When it became known, multitudes were convinced of the correctness of the principles of prophetic interpretation adopted by Miller and his associates, and a wonderful impetus was given to the advent movement. Men of learning and position united with Miller, both in preaching and in publishing his views, and from 1840 to 1844 the work rapidly extended. {GC 335.1}

Mrs White said directly in the Desire of Ages that this was a "fulfillment of prophecy", but you know better than she did?

I'm sad right now. The most promissing are falling short.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #161076
01/31/14 05:13 AM
01/31/14 05:13 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
It's a generic term "we". If one says "I" too much there is a tendency to let "self" rear it's ugly head.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/31/14 05:21 AM.
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #161077
01/31/14 05:20 AM
01/31/14 05:20 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
"We" is just a generic term. When "I" is used too much there is tendency for "Self" to rear it's head too often

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #161080
01/31/14 06:21 AM
01/31/14 06:21 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
But when talking about our faith there is nothing wrong about speaking in the singular, because we are speaking as a witness to our personal faith.

If you say "we" you sound like you are speaking for others also, which is completely irregular if speaking only for yourself. I have to teach these subtle English nuences to my Indonesian wife all the time.

The only way that the term "We" works,is if you are possessed by a demon. God doesn't require us to say "we" unless we are possessed. Example "we are legion".

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #161081
01/31/14 06:22 AM
01/31/14 06:22 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
P.S. I can't believe someone who seems like such a supported of the Spirit of Prophecy would make such a break from the path of the pioneers.

The prophecy was enlightened from God to a man who was inspired to prophesy the end of the Ottoman empire and exactly on the day that was prophecied the exact event foretold by the man who received the information was fulfilled.

Do you think it was just a coincidence that Josia Litch predicted the exact day and event in the fulfillment of Revelation 9?

Elder Litch was following the same Spirit that illuminated the 1844 message from William Miller and we as Adventists KNOW He was led by God, so what makes you think that you are more enlightened to be able to contradict one of the most prevelant Pioneers of The Advent Movement, who was led by God and rewarded by a huge influx of believers in the 1844 message?

Does God lead anyone to great disappointment? 1 Tim. 4:1-2

///

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: James Peterson] #161082
01/31/14 06:36 AM
01/31/14 06:36 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
P.S. I can't believe someone who seems like such a supported of the Spirit of Prophecy would make such a break from the path of the pioneers.

The prophecy was enlightened from God to a man who was inspired to prophesy the end of the Ottoman empire and exactly on the day that was prophecied the exact event foretold by the man who received the information was fulfilled.

Do you think it was just a coincidence that Josia Litch predicted the exact day and event in the fulfillment of Revelation 9?

Elder Litch was following the same Spirit that illuminated the 1844 message from William Miller and we as Adventists KNOW He was led by God, so what makes you think that you are more enlightened to be able to contradict one of the most prevelant Pioneers of The Advent Movement, who was led by God and rewarded by a huge influx of believers in the 1844 message?

Does God lead anyone to great disappointment? 1 Tim. 4:1-2

///

He not only lead us to it, He lead us through it, and it was foretold almost 2000 years earlier...

Revelation 10:9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book (the 2300 year sealed time prophecy in Daniel). And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

Was the death of Jesus a disappointment to the disciples? Very much so Until the truth of what happened was revealed. Our perceptions limit our understandings. The greatest event in the history of mankind had just taken place and those closest to Jesus were giving up on Him...strike the shephard and the sheep will scatter.

"The subject of the sanctuary was the key which unlocked the mystery of the disappointment of 1844. It opened to view a complete system of truth, connected and harmonious, showing that God’s hand had directed the great advent movement and revealing present duty as it brought to light the position and work of His people. As the disciples of Jesus after the terrible night of their anguish and disappointment were “glad when they saw the Lord,” so did those now rejoice who had looked in faith for His second coming. They had expected Him to appear in glory to give reward to His servants. As their hopes were disappointed, they had lost sight of Jesus, and with Mary at the sepulcher they cried: “They have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid Him.” Now in the holy of holies they again beheld Him, their compassionate High Priest, soon to appear as their king and deliverer. Light from the sanctuary illumined the past, the present, and the future. They knew that God had led them by His unerring providence. Though, like the first disciples, they themselves had failed to understand the message which they bore, yet it had been in every respect correct. In proclaiming it they had fulfilled the purpose of God, and their labor had not been in vain in the Lord. Begotten “again unto a lively hope,” they rejoiced “with joy unspeakable and full of glory.” {CIHS 101.1}
Both the prophecy of Daniel 8:14, “Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed,” and the first angel’s message, “Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come,” pointed to Christ’s ministration in the most holy place, to the investigative judgment, and not to the coming of Christ for the redemption of His people and the destruction of the wicked. The mistake had not been in the reckoning of the prophetic periods, but in the event to take place at the end of the 2300 days. Through this error the believers had suffered disappointment, yet all that was foretold by the prophecy, and all that they had any Scripture warrant to expect, had been accomplished. At the very time when they were lamenting the failure of their hopes, the event had taken place which was foretold by the message, and which must be fulfilled before the Lord could appear to give reward to His servants. {CIHS 101.2}
Christ had come, not to the earth, as they expected, but, as foreshadowed in the type, to the most holy place of the temple of God in heaven. He is represented by the prophet Daniel as coming at this time to the Ancient of Days: “I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came”—not to the earth, but—“to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him.” Daniel 7:13. {CIHS 102.1}
This coming is foretold also by the prophet Malachi: “The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, He shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.” Malachi 3:1. The coming of the Lord to His temple was sudden, unexpected, to His people. They were not looking for Him there. They expected Him to come to earth, “in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel.” 2 Thessalonians 1:8. {CIHS 102.2}
But the people were not yet ready to meet their Lord. There was still a work of preparation to be accomplished for them. Light was to be given, directing their minds to the temple of God in heaven; and as they should by faith follow their High Priest in His ministration there, new duties would be revealed. Another message of warning and instruction was to be given to the church." {CIHS 102.3}

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #161086
01/31/14 11:03 AM
01/31/14 11:03 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
"We" is just a generic term. When "I" is used too much there is tendency for "Self" to rear it's head too often
Well, David Gates makes a similar application to Joel 2, and he could be right. Likely you aren't the only one with this view on Revelation 9.

I have issues though as I mentioned, with denying the historic, day for year principle here. The day for year method was the key that unlocked the great time periods of prophecy. You are not rejecting it wholesale. You still use it for the 1260 days right but you reject it in the fifth trumpet. We'll have to disagree here.

Regarding men seeking death, those who seek it are those who do not have the seal. You suggest these are the new converts because it's the 144000 who are sealed. But contextually that is straining the meaning too far in my view. The idea being conveyed is that the unsealed are being tormented for their evil works, likely by complying with and promoting the mark of the beast.

Thank you very much for sharing that. It stimulated my thinking. Some of what you wrote is worth further study but I think overall this view strains the intended meaning.

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #161087
01/31/14 02:13 PM
01/31/14 02:13 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
I would say the fall of Constantinople was not Papal Rome, although it was very much like Papal Rome. I believe the fall of Constantinople was one of the trumpets.

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Alchemy] #161091
01/31/14 03:17 PM
01/31/14 03:17 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Can I ask help with another EGW statement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHHuTUvF8m8

In this video, between the time of 39:00 and 40:30, Brothers Wieland and Douglass mention a statement from Ellen White about Jesus coming by 1893. They mention one reference, The General Conference Bulletin 1893 pg. 419. But, I don't have that in my software and the best I found online is this; http://egwtext.whiteestate.org/publicati...p;pagenumber=67

I am not finding anything like they mentioned.

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Charity] #161093
01/31/14 03:47 PM
01/31/14 03:47 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
"Thank you very much for sharing that. It stimulated my thinking. Some of what you wrote is worth further study but I think overall this view strains the intended meaning."

No problem. This issue is one of the "deeper" issues we have in Revelation that is for sure. All we can do is keep going before Him in prayer to be revealed His truths.

Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!