HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 73 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 72 73
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164759
05/05/14 02:18 AM
05/05/14 02:18 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, the 144,000 will have sinful flesh after probation closes. Having it will not count as sin against them. So too, Jesus having sinful flesh did count as sin against Him. Nowhere in the Bible or the SOP does it say Jesus came in the likeness of sinless flesh. The "flesh of itself cannot act contrary to the will of God." It can only tempt from within to sin. It is not a sin to be tempted. No one incurs guilt or corruption or contamination because they have sinful flesh. Jesus was tempted like a born-again believer - including being tempted from within via sinful flesh.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164760
05/05/14 02:30 AM
05/05/14 02:30 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Arnold, the fruit of abiding in Jesus is righteousness and true holiness. Not sin. Defiled, yes! Requiring the love and light of Jesus, yes! Sinful, no! "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Believers do what they do because God does what He does. The result is His good pleasure. Just because Jesus must mix in His love and light, it doesn't mean the original is sinful. Jesus is not in the business of making sin acceptable to God. No amount of His love and light can transform sin into something acceptable to God. Sin will perish with Satan in the lake of fire.

Again, I believe the fruit of Jesus abiding in the Father required no additional love and light for the simple fact He is God.

I'll ignore the "Not sin. Defiled, yes!" part for now.

Let's keep this simple: Jesus required nothing added. True believers need something added. That's different, not the same. Do you agree?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164761
05/05/14 02:32 AM
05/05/14 02:32 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
James... Nowhere in the Bible or the SOP does it say Jesus came in the likeness of sinless flesh.

THAT IS NOT TRUE! PAY ATTENTION!!!!

"Do not set Him before the people as a man with the propensities of sin. He is the second Adam. The first Adam was created a pure, sinless being, without a taint of sin upon him; he was in the image of God... He (Jesus) was assailed with temptations in the wilderness, as Adam was assailed with temptations in Eden."{5BC 1128.4}

If the first Adam was created without a taint of sin, that means he was sinless, in sinless flesh, and Jesus is the SECOND ADAM.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: asygo] #164762
05/05/14 02:33 AM
05/05/14 02:33 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
Let's keep this simple: Jesus required nothing added. True believers need something added. That's different, not the same. Do you agree?

YES!

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164763
05/05/14 02:48 AM
05/05/14 02:48 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Searched the word "same":

The business life of the Christian should be marked with the same purity that held sway in the workshop of the holy Nazarene. {HR, September 1, 1876 par. 9}

The principles which rule in heaven should rule upon earth, the same love that animates the angels, the same purity and holiness that reign in heaven, should, as far as possible, be reproduced upon earth. {FLB 65.6}

The same Spirit that dwelt in Christ as He imparted the instruction He was constantly receiving, is to be the source of their knowledge and the secret of their power in carrying on the Saviour's work in the world. {AA 365.1}

Divine love makes its most touching appeals to the heart when it calls upon us to manifest the same tender compassion that Christ manifested. {AA 550.2}

The same devotion, the same self-sacrifice, the same subjection to the claims of the word of God, that were manifest in Christ, must be seen in His servants. {COL 142.3}

You will feel for others the same deep love that Christ has felt for you. {COL 197.1}

Christ will impart to His messengers the same yearning love that He Himself has in seeking for the lost. {COL 235.3}

Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18. {DA 83.5}

When we are born from above, the same mind will be in us that was in Jesus, the mind that led Him to humble Himself that we might be saved. {DA 330.4}

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164764
05/05/14 02:52 AM
05/05/14 02:52 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
"Righteousness and true holiness" is the "same" in the sense it is not sinful. The fact the one requires additions and the other does not is different.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164765
05/05/14 03:03 AM
05/05/14 03:03 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The character of the Christian is to be a reproduction of the character of Christ. The same love, the same grace, the same unselfish benevolence, seen in His life, is to characterize the lives of His followers. {OHC 198.6}

Those who keep God's commandments in truth will reveal the same love that Christ revealed for His Father and for His fellow men. {UL 126.3}

The character of the Christian is to be a reproduction of the character of Christ. The same love, the same grace, the same unselfish benevolence, that characterized the life of the Redeemer, are to characterize the lives of His followers. {ST, February 12, 1902 par. 10}

The obedience of Christ to His Father was the same obedience that is required of man. {OHC 48.3}

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164773
05/05/14 02:24 PM
05/05/14 02:24 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Mt Man can't you admit when you are wrong? I gave you direct proof that your statement was wrong and you skip right over it without missing a beat.

For the sake of being a Christian which requires complete honesty and grace, will you admit you were wrong about this?

"James... Nowhere in the Bible or the SOP does it say Jesus came in the likeness of sinless flesh."

If you cannot admit when you are wrong how can you be trusted?

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #164775
05/05/14 02:42 PM
05/05/14 02:42 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
When Mrs White says we need the "same" benevolence, love and grace it means we need HIS benevolence, love and grace. If He dwells in us those things will be manifested as well as truth and honesty.

"Father, I wish that they were IN ME like I am IN THEE".

You seem to think that Jesus was here of His own accord. I have not seen one mention of the work of the Father through Christ in any of your discourse which means you do not get the full picture.

“Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father, and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself; but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me; or else believe me for the very works’ sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it.”{ST May 7, 1896, par. 2}

Jesus didn't do the things He did on His own. The FATHER dwelt in Him. He wants us to have communion with HIS FATHER. All of the fruits of the Spirit come from THE FATHER.

The journey starts by believing, or having FAITH in Jesus but it develops into a divine relationship with His father.

All of the things you are try to say about Jesus, the He was in the sinful flesh of our fallen nature totally shames the truth.

The FATHER was in Him so it is IMPOSSIBLE for Christ to be in sinful flesh. Can't you see that?

He that eats MY FLESH and drinks MY BLOOD dwelleth IN ME!

You're saying He wants us to eat SINFUL FLESH! And if you cannot see how wrong you are after all this evidence then I stand proven correct that you are completely blind on this matter.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #164777
05/05/14 05:23 PM
05/05/14 05:23 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
M: Nowhere in the Bible or the SOP does it say Jesus came in the likeness of sinless flesh.

J: THAT IS NOT TRUE! PAY ATTENTION!!!! "Do not set Him before the people as a man with the propensities of sin. He is the second Adam. The first Adam was created a pure, sinless being, without a taint of sin upon him; he was in the image of God... He (Jesus) was assailed with temptations in the wilderness, as Adam was assailed with temptations in Eden."{5BC 1128.4} If the first Adam was created without a taint of sin, that means he was sinless, in sinless flesh, and Jesus is the SECOND ADAM.

Yes, Jesus is the second Adam. "His spiritual nature was free from every taint of sin." However, unlike Adam, He took upon His sinless nature our weak, fallen, sinful, suffering human nature, degraded and defiled by sin. He took humanity, with all its liabilities. He endured all the temptations wherewith man is beset. We have nothing to bear which He has not endured. He assumed human nature with its temptations. He felt the overwhelming tide of woe that deluged the world. He realized the strength of indulged appetite and of unholy passion that controlled the world. "In all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren." Hebrews 2:17. Not in some things, or most things, but "in all things". "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same". Hebrews 2:14.

Quote:
In doing this He took upon Himself the nature of weak, sinful humanity, and came to this world to battle with the powers of darkness. {2SAT 299.2}

It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life. {DA 48.5}

Think of Christ's humiliation. He took upon himself fallen, suffering human nature, degraded and defiled by sin. He took our sorrows, bearing our grief and shame. He endured all the temptations wherewith man is beset. He united humanity with divinity: a divine spirit dwelt in a temple of flesh. He united himself with the temple. "The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us," because by so doing he could associate with the sinful, sorrowing sons and daughters of Adam. {YI, December 20, 1900 par. 7}

Many claim that it was impossible for Christ to be overcome by temptation. Then He could not have been placed in Adam's position; He could not have gained the victory that Adam failed to gain. If we have in any sense a more trying conflict than had Christ, then He would not be able to succor us. But our Saviour took humanity, with all its liabilities. He took the nature of man, with the possibility of yielding to temptation. We have nothing to bear which He has not endured. {DA 117.2}

The human nature of Christ is likened to ours, and suffering was more keenly felt by Him; for His spiritual nature was free from every taint of sin. {7ABC 449.7}

He took upon His sinless nature our sinful nature, that He might know how to succor those that are tempted. {MM 181.3}

He felt the overwhelming tide of woe that deluged the world. He realized the strength of indulged appetite and of unholy passion that controlled the world, which had brought upon man inexpressible suffering. {RH, August 4, 1874 par. 1}

Jesus came in the likeness of sinful flesh as a born-again believer - not as a lost sinner. I have posted dozens of quotes on this thread that describe true, genuine, thorough converts. The description of Jesus' humanity is identical to that of born-again believers. The only difference between the two is the fact Jesus is also God. Here is yet one more example of how it is described in the SOP:

Quote:
We need not place the obedience of Christ by itself as something for which he was particularly adapted, because of his divine nature; for he stood before God as man's representative, and was tempted as man's substitute and surety. If Christ had a special power which it is not the privilege of a man to have, Satan would have made capital of this matter. But the work of Christ was to take from Satan his control of man, and he could do this only in a straightforward way. He came as a man, to be tempted as a man, rendering the obedience of a man. Christ rendered obedience to God, and overcame as humanity overcome. We are led to make wrong conclusions because of erroneous views of the nature of our Lord. To attribute to his nature a power that it is not possible for man to have in his conflicts with Satan, is to destroy the completeness of his humanity. The obedience of Christ to his Father was the same obedience that is required of man. Man cannot overcome Satan's temptations except as divine power works through humanity. The Lord Jesus came to our world, not to reveal what God in his own divine person could do, but what he could do through humanity. Through faith man is to be a partaker of the divine nature, and to overcome every temptation wherewith he is beset. It was the Majesty of heaven who became a man, who humbled himself to our human nature; it was he who was tempted in the wilderness and who endured the contradiction of sinners against himself. {ST, April 10, 1893 par. 3}

The love and justice of God, and also the immutability of His law, are made manifest by the Saviour's life, no less than by His death. He assumed human nature with its infirmities, its liabilities, its temptations. "Himself took our infirmities and bare our sicknesses." Matthew 8:17. "In all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren." Hebrews 2:17. He exercised in His own behalf no power which man can not exercise. As man, He met temptation, and overcame in the strength given Him of God. He gives us an example of perfect obedience. He has provided that we may become partakers of the divine nature and assures us that we may overcome as He overcame. His life testified that by the aid of the same divine power which Christ received it is possible for man to obey God's law. {BTS, February 1, 1908 par. 3}

Page 9 of 73 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 72 73

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!