HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Multiple Sclerosis #165003
05/14/14 11:15 PM
05/14/14 11:15 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA

Is Vitamin D The 'Miracle' Nutrient For Multiple Sclerosis Sufferers?

by David Gutierrez, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Scientists are now beginning to confirm what they have long suspected: boosting vitamin D levels may slow the progression of multiple sclerosis (MS) and prevent brain degeneration.

The most recent evidence came from a study conducted by researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health and published in the journal JAMA Neurology in January. The findings suggest that it is important to correct any preexisting vitamin D deficiency as quickly as possible following an MS diagnosis.

"Individuals who present with symptoms suggesting MS should be screened for possible vitamin D deficiency, and this should be corrected by vitamin D supplementation," lead researcher Alberto Ascherio said.

Vitamin D and your immune system

MS is an incurable autoimmune disorder that leads to progressive degeneration of the central nervous system. It produces symptoms such as loss of motor control or even difficulty walking, writing or speaking. Researchers have long suspected a connection between MS and vitamin D, especially as it has become clear what an important role vitamin D plays in maintaining immune health.

Vitamin D, often called the "sunshine vitamin," is produced naturally by the skin upon exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays. Just 15 minutes daily of sun on the unprotected skin of the face and hands can produce enough for light-skinned people, although darker skinned people require more exposure.

In latitudes far from the equator, however, it may not be possible to get enough vitamin D in the winter, especially if your body did not build up reserves from getting plenty of sunlight in the summer. Some of the first connections between vitamin D and MS (and other autoimmune disorders) were made when researchers realized that such diseases were more prevalent at latitudes farther from the equator, where vitamin D deficiency is more widespread.

Less brain damage

In the recent study, researchers tested vitamin D levels in 465 patients recently diagnosed with MS, then followed them for five years. They found that patients whose vitamin D levels increased at least 50 nmol/L in the first year of the study were 57 percent less likely to develop new brain lesions than patients whose vitamin D levels had not increased that much. By the end of the study, the patients with the vitamin D increase were also 57 percent less likely to relapse, had a 25 percent lower annual increase in T2 lesion size, and a 0.41 percent lower annual loss of brain volume.

These findings take the connection between vitamin D and MS to a new level. Prior studies had strongly demonstrated that lower levels of vitamin D lead to a higher risk of developing MS, while long-term studies have shown a connection between lower vitamin D levels and more severe symptoms. This recent study however, provides some of the first evidence that boosting vitamin D levels can actually improve disease outcomes.

"These findings, combined with previous evidence that vitamin D deficiency is a risk factor for MS, and [research on] the immunological effects of vitamin D strongly suggest that maintaining an adequate vitamin D status is important in the treatment of MS," Ascherio said.

A large clinical trial by other researchers is currently underway to determine if vitamin D supplementation can improve symptoms in MS patients.

"It is my belief that these trials will help answer the important question of whether it is safe and effective to recommend high-dose vitamin D supplementation to people with MS," said Ellen Mowry of Johns Hopkins University, a researcher in that study.

Sources for this article include:
http://consumer.healthday.com
http://www.naturalnews.com

Suzanne

Shout Box

[x] CoAspen: My job laptop uses WIN 7 now but still the same issues.

[x] Woody: I am stuck with IE so it appears - so will just have to put up with the problems.

[x] JoeMo: Another winter storm warning for Denver - up to a foot of snow in some areas by Monday morning...

[x] JoeMo: Doesn't summer start in 6 weeks? It can't start soon enough for me.

[x] JoeMo: Where's all the global warming the've promised us?

[x] Gail: Feeling like Christmas for months!

[x] Femster: what happened to our autumn> nowhere to be seen- almost stright into Winter

[x] genesis7: Woody, why are you "stuck with" IE? What is preventing you from using Firefox, for example?

[x] Woody: genesis7 ... I'm stuck with IE because of my own ignorance. It would seem that all kinds of things are connected to IE and if I attempt to change I disrubt the natural flow of balance.

[x] genesis7: Woody, you do not have to remove IE when installing Firefox or any other browser. You can have them both.

[x] Femster: Thanks to all who have been praying for me- they know what i have been going through thes elast few days! i am sure god has heard these prayers!

[x] CoAspen: Woody, just go to the Mozilla websitye and download Firefox. As said you can run any browser on your platform.x

[x] CoAspen: You can have several if you want. Go to Google for Chrome.

[x] CoAspen: None will cause an issue with IE. You still have the choice to use it also.

[x] Stan Jensen: When peace like a river... restoreth my soul...

[x] Naomi: Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, It is well, it is well, with my soul

[x] JoeMo: 5 inches of snow and below freezing temps here. Happy Mother's Day!

[x] JoeMo: All to Jesus I surrender ...

[x] CoAspen: Green grass showing in my front yard and 35 degrees!

[x] M. T. Cross: Green grass happens after your hockey team has been eliminated. So we have obviously been enjoying an early spring here in BC

[x] JoeMo: My daughters summer break starts today - with a foot of wet snow on the ground and sub-freezing temperatures.

[x] Naomi: The worst blizzard I have ever been in was in Denver in May

[x] Naomi: Sorry about day 1 of her summer break

[x] JoeMo: On the bright side, it will all melt by Wednesday and be 80 degrees F by Sunday.

[x] CoAspen: You got a lot more than me up here in denver. about 3-4 inches.

[x] JoeMo: It snowed here almost all day today, too.

[x] Femster: we are heaiding into winter- or rather i will say we are already there....

[x] debbym: autumn is my favorite time of year.

[x] Gail: Me, too!

Featured Member

[/color]

Re: Multiple Sclerosis [Re: Suzanne] #181793
11/01/16 06:07 PM
11/01/16 06:07 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Physician Dr. Terry Wahls, stricken with multiple sclerosis, shares tips on how changing her diet led to her recovery

by Raw Michelle

(NaturalNews) In a reversal that took Dr. Terry Wahls from physician to patient, she developed multiple sclerosis (MS) in 2000, and the road ahead looked bleak. (1) Within three years after her diagnosis, she was devastated to learn that, despite taking all the newest drugs, she now had second stage progressive MS even though she was told that spontaneous remission was not possible. So she continued with chemotherapy and miracle drugs, her health in a slow but sure state of decline.

These days, as she stands completely on her own to deliver speeches about her health, able to talk, think and function optimally, Dr. Wahls is the first to admit that "physicians know very little about nutrition." She says that although they know "even less about the root cause of disease... we are still in love with the newest drugs and the latest technology."(1)

Making changes in four key areas can lead to healing

What led to her incredible recovery, one that went from forgetfulness, use of a zero-gravity chair, wheelchair and exhaustion that set in as early as 10:00 AM, involved taking a closer look at controlling environmental factors that can impact health. She read intensely about four key areas: the foods people eat, the toxins they are exposed to, their physical activity and their stress levels. As soon as she made drastic changes in these areas, she started to heal.

Several cups of leafy greens, deeply colored fruits and vegetables like blueberries and beets, sulfur-rich vegetables in the cabbage, onion and mushroom category and seaweed are all foods she ate which she says are necessary to facilitate the body's recovery from its health-depleted state. (1) Seaweed, for example, has been found to help with everything from wound healing to killing cancer cells in some studies. (2) She notes that the excessive consumption of sugar by people today is alarming, as is the little exercise they get compared to humans' hunter and gatherer days that often involved walking several miles daily.

Additionally, she also encourages people to eat only organic foods so as to ensure that their bodies are not taking in harmful toxins. Today, she only eats organic foods and uses organic personal care products, advocating removal of heavy metals, pesticides and solvents from the environment. Dr. Wahls explains that such toxins disrupt hormones and severely compromise the chemistry of cells. (1) Heavy metals assessments have revealed that many popular health food stores sell foods that have harmful concentrations of arsenic, mercury, lead and aluminum. (3)

She also engages in physical activity and meditates daily, noting that most people tend to sit all day at work only to end their day relaxing by sitting some more.

All of this healthy lifestyle creates a shift away from mental health problems, inflammation, neurological problems, obesity and much more to a vastly improved state of overall health.

Timeline of Dr. Wahls' healing after making lifestyle changes

After 6 months:
Able to walk in hospital without a cane; doctors told her to lessen disease-modifying drugs.

After 9 months: Rode bike around the block.

After 12 months: Took 18-mile bike tour with her family.

Today, Dr. Wahls says she's changed personally and professionally. She maintains these healthy habits and even suggests the "Wahls Diet" to her patients, noting that, when they follow the plan, they often improve to the point of not needing medication anymore.

"Conventional medical care was not going to stop my slide into a bedridden and possibly demented life," said Dr. Wahls. By changing the foods people eat, reducing or eliminating their exposure to toxins, engaging in more physical activity and not allowing stress to take over, "we all could herald in an epidemic of health." (1)

Sources for this article include:

(1) http://www.mindbodygreen.com

(2) http://www.naturalnews.com

(3) http://www.naturalnews.com

-Suzanne

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!