HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Revelation 13 [Re: James Peterson] #167156
07/30/14 07:01 AM
07/30/14 07:01 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
It's really not that hard to predict that a pope who is 78 years of age at election, (in 2005) is going to be a short time pope?

Quite a few people were saying that his reign would be a short reign.

Probably, more authentic evidence would be more involved with what is the percentage of accuracy ?
And should we believe because once in a while things because there is 10 percent accuracy? But a 90 percent in accuracy?

Re: Revelation 13 [Re: dedication] #167157
07/30/14 10:33 AM
07/30/14 10:33 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
It's really not that hard to predict that a pope who is 78 years of age at election, (in 2005) is going to be a short time pope?

Quite a few people were saying that his reign would be a short reign.

And were they saying "He won't be pope in 2013" "His time in office ends by the spring of 2013"? Bring forth your witnesses that by the mouth of two or three, your words may be confirmed.

Probably, more authentic evidence would be more involved with what is the percentage of accuracy ?
And should we believe because once in a while things because there is 10 percent accuracy? But a 90 percent in accuracy?

What was the % of accuracy of the evidence in 1843 and 44? Lest we forget how God led His people in the past: and He does not promise to lead us any different.

Jesus did not come twice and when they got prophecy right about Jesus standing for His people in Heaven's Sanctuary, it was only by faith that they knew they were right.

They were wrong twice (Jesus did not come to the earth in 1843 or 1844) and they could not prove that they were right in 1844 when Jesus began the Investigative Judgment.

Apply your 10%-90% evidence theory to 1843 and 1844 and see where it gets you.

And when the Lord gave His people great light in 1888, there were those that claimed to be God's people who explained it away then as well. They erred when God's prophet was among them, who was declaring that righteousness by faith was Present Truth. But in spite of the Scriptures and the prophet in their presence, they could not see the Present Truth. And that is how Satan wanted it.

Today as the investigative judgment is wrapping up in Heaven, there are many messages that appear close. Wendel and his group make claims about popes that almost fit the prophecy. You point the people back to past truths when they should be going forward. And I build upon the word of God (of which I have only shared a few glimpses here).

Many in Laodicea are called, but few see their blindness or they would avail themselves of the eyesalve that Jesus stands ready to apply. The wheat and tares will grow together until the harvest and God will gather the one and burn the other. As it is written, so it will be.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Revelation 13 [Re: His child] #167161
07/30/14 03:52 PM
07/30/14 03:52 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: kland

In what way does Bush II and Obama well represent the character of our own Government, as expressed in its two fundamental principles?
Originally Posted By: His child

EGW defined Republicanism and Protestantism.

Originally Posted By: EGW
"Republicanism and Protestantism. The Christian exiles who first fled to America, sought an asylum from royal oppression and priestly intolerance, and they determined to establish a government upon the broad foundation of civil and religious liberty. These principles are the secret of our power and prosperity as a nation. Millions from other lands have sought our shores, and the United States has risen to a place among the most powerful nations of the earth. {4SP 277.1}

kland,
Are you suggesting that GW and BO do not at least give lip service to civil liberty and religious liberty?
Are you suggesting that GW and BO are "the broad foundation" of civil and religious liberty?
Are you suggesting that no other presidents besides GW and BO gave lip service to civil liberty and religious liberty?
Are you suggesting that our government was established upon GW and BO?
Are you suggesting that GW and BO are "these principles" and a "secret of our power and prosperity as a nation"?

I would venture to suppose, though I could be wrong, that a great many would tend disagree that BO is a secret to our prosperity as a nation.

Re: Revelation 13 [Re: kland] #167166
07/30/14 08:50 PM
07/30/14 08:50 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I would venture to suppose, though I could be wrong, that a great many would tend disagree that BO is a secret to our prosperity as a nation.

When my posts are understood in context, they express my reading of the Scriptures and Spirit of Prophecy. But when they are not understood in context, one could suppose almost anything without knowing anything more than the little bit that was known at the onset.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Revelation 13 [Re: His child] #167171
07/31/14 05:58 AM
07/31/14 05:58 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

What was the % of accuracy of the evidence in 1843 and 44? Lest we forget how God led His people in the past: and He does not promise to lead us any different.

Jesus did not come twice and when they got prophecy right about Jesus standing for His people in Heaven's Sanctuary, it was only by faith that they knew they were right.

They were wrong twice (Jesus did not come to the earth in 1843 or 1844) and they could not prove that they were right in 1844 when Jesus began the Investigative Judgment.

Please don't undermine people's confidence in the 1844 movement just to prove your ideas are correct.

There is a big DIFFERENCE!
Firstly the people back were studying authentic time lines in scripture. 2300, 1260
They could see the great time lines were all coming to an end. So they were calculating them. True, they counted a zero between BC and AD at first, and had to figure out what time of year the prophecies pointed to, but once they had that figured out, they KNEW Oct. 1844 marked the END of those time lines.
There would be time reckoning no longer. Never again would there be a test on "time" reckoning.

Other Millerites after 1844, kept reinterpreting the prophecies and time lines and continued to set dates that failed again and again.

Personally I do not see value in recasting the prophecies in order to make new time calls. All it does is weaken the foundation of our beliefs, as your post above shows.
And it also greatly weakens our message, for how can any message bear up when it needs to be changed with every new president?

We can view the current events and see that we are "at the door" of the final events, but whether it's this president or the next, I don't worry about -- the presidential position of power can change in an instant, but the events thunder on to the climax.

Re: Revelation 13 [Re: dedication] #167172
07/31/14 09:46 AM
07/31/14 09:46 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

Please don't undermine people's confidence in the 1844 movement just to prove your ideas are correct.

Weaken them? I uphold them.

Firstly the people back were studying authentic time lines in scripture. 2300, 1260

The difference you propose is imaginary
They could see the great time lines were all coming to an end. So they were calculating them. True, they counted a zero between BC and AD at first, and had to figure out what time of year the prophecies pointed to, but once they had that figured out, they KNEW Oct. 1844 marked the END of those time lines.
There would be time reckoning no longer. Never again would there be a test on "time" reckoning.

Do you imagine that there is a test on time now?

Other Millerites after 1844, kept reinterpreting the prophecies and time lines and continued to set dates that failed again and again.

Personally I do not see value in recasting the prophecies in order to make new time calls. All it does is weaken the foundation of our beliefs, as your post above shows.
And it also greatly weakens our message, for how can any message bear up when it needs to be changed with every new president?

That is something between you and God.
the Lord gave Daniel visions of sea-beasts
the Lord sealed the vision until the time of the end
And at the time of the end Heaven's interpretation is that of earth-kings
So when Heaven moves from light to light and you stand still
the light you once had will eventually be in darkness

We can view the current events and see that we are "at the door" of the final events,

Do you prefer to go by sight rather than by faith?
but whether it's this president or the next, I don't worry about -- the presidential position of power can change in an instant, but the events thunder on to the climax.

When God declares that the sea-beasts are earth-kings you don't worry about it. You won't even look at the facts?
Presidents come and Presidents go?
(Reminds me of 2 Peter 3:3-4 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers...And saying...for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were...")

Satan is well pleased to have God's message of the earth-kings called a "time message" and to have it ignored, scoffed, and classified with contemptible errors. And Satan is doubly pleased to have "God's people" do such work in his behalf. But the God who gives the message that is to shine brighter and brighter until the perfect day will not have His word return to Him void: it will accomplish that which He has ordained.

Re: Revelation 13 [Re: His child] #167175
07/31/14 02:05 PM
07/31/14 02:05 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

When my posts are understood in context, they express my reading of the Scriptures and Spirit of Prophecy. But when they are not understood in context, one could suppose almost anything without knowing anything more than the little bit that was known at the onset.
I guess you saw your way out from answering the questions. I do admit, that if I was in your predicament and saw the chance, I would have probably took it too.

Have you considered a rewrite of your book so it would be easier to support?

Re: Revelation 13 [Re: His child] #167182
07/31/14 10:54 PM
07/31/14 10:54 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Weaken them? I uphold them.

And yet you used the same arguments as people who do not believe.
Originally Posted By: His Child

The difference you propose is imaginary

Hardly -- they were correct in their reckoning. Their "mistakes" were merely an oversight concerning the lack of a "0" between AD and BC.
The reckoning was correct for 2300 years led them to the cleansing of the sanctuary just like the prophecy read.

Never again would there be a test on "time" reckoning.

Do you imagine that there is a test on time now?

When anyone wants to fix time into the reign of a specific president or other leader, they are setting a time.

Originally Posted By: his child

... how can any message bear up when it needs to be changed with every new president?

That is something between you and God.
the Lord gave Daniel visions of sea-beasts
the Lord sealed the vision until the time of the end
And at the time of the end Heaven's interpretation is that of earth-kings
So when Heaven moves from light to light and you stand still
the light you once had will eventually be in darkness

And how is mixing European beasts and planting them on the American beast "new light".
The European beasts represents powers in Europe.
The symbolic origin of these beasts is the SEA -- representing Europe. The angel interpretation is not symbolic -- the literal European beasts reign on the literal earth.

Also note WHAT of Daniel's visions were sealed.
"that portion of the prophecy of Daniel relating to the last days" (AA 585} not the whole book.

We can view the current events and see that we are "at the door" of the final events,

Do you prefer to go by sight rather than by faith?

Who walks by faith and who is always trying to establish a sight to walk by?
Is the one who has to know the present president is the last not trying to walk by sight? ,
while the one who has faith that the timing is in God's hands no matter who the last president will be, walking by faith?

but whether it's this president or the next, I don't worry about -- the presidential position of power can change in an instant, but the events thunder on to the climax.

When God declares that the sea-beasts are earth-kings you don't worry about it.

No, because they are symbolic sea beasts that LITERALLY are kingdoms on earth.

We don't take the interpretation and make symbols of the interpretation.

As to what pleases Satan --
I think he is the one that likes to bring in a lot of confusing theories, that fail, and have to be reinterpreted with every new president and pope, and then YES, people will say it will continue and that those people talking prophecy know nothing.

We have a sure word of prophecy -- and we should be preaching that instead of all these confusing theories.

I have never said anything about Christ not coming, --- I've always said we are living in the last days, Christ's second coming is at the door. But I do NOT fix my faith on any president. A president could change tomorrow for all you know.
But God's Word is sure.

Re: Revelation 13 [Re: dedication] #167191
08/02/14 08:51 AM
08/02/14 08:51 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
The word of the Lord came to the internet:

Originally Posted By: Daniel 7:16-17
"So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things. These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

...they are symbolic sea beasts that LITERALLY are kingdoms on earth.

We don't take the interpretation and make symbols of the interpretation.

As to what pleases Satan --
I think he is the one that likes to bring in a lot of confusing theories, that fail, and have to be reinterpreted with every new president and pope, and then YES, people will say it will continue and that those people talking prophecy know nothing.

We have a sure word of prophecy -- and we should be preaching that instead of all these confusing theories.

I have never said anything about Christ not coming, --- I've always said we are living in the last days, Christ's second coming is at the door. But I do NOT fix my faith on any president. A president could change tomorrow for all you know.
But God's Word is sure.

" It is the word of God that you will find in the book of Revelation. There are those today who call the Revelation a sealed book. But it is a mystery unfolded. We need to understand what it tells us in regard to the scenes that are to take place in the last days of this earth's history. The enemy will bring in everything that he possibly can to carry out his deceptive designs. Are they not lacking in wisdom who have no desire to understand in regard to the things that are to take place on this earth?" {1SAT 340.4}

Amen

Re: Revelation 13 [Re: kland] #167192
08/02/14 09:07 AM
08/02/14 09:07 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I guess you saw your way out from answering the questions. I do admit, that if I was in your predicament and saw the chance, I would have probably took it too.

Have you considered a rewrite of your book so it would be easier to support?

Wisdom is known of her children.

"The world around us is stirred from beneath with earnest activity in evil works, but apparently dead to all that pertains to their eternal interests. But although this seems to be the condition of those around us, and there is little to encourage us to hope for the conversion of souls, God requires those to whom he has committed his truth for these last days, to present the word to the fallen children of Adam, both in the world and among the churches. As Christ's witnesses, our commission is clear, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." We are to be waiting, watching, working. It is most inconsistent for the church to whom has been opened the treasures of truth, to be dull, worldly, and indifferent. Casting away all unbelief, we should by faith put every capability and every power into exercise." {RH, January 17, 1893 par. 2}

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!