HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,868 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 53 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 52 53
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #166928
07/18/14 09:23 PM
07/18/14 09:23 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: his child
Do you ask this so that you won't have to change your shoe size?
Not at all! The foot is large. The events of the last days are not limited to North America. Yes, the image of the beast will be setup in the United States, but its effect will be global. It may be BO who helping form the image. Will he finish it? Perhaps; perhaps not. And if not, where will you be on the issue? EGW warned about this. Read GC457.1 and following. She also indicates that if the Advent people had done their part, this whole mess would have been over by now, and BO would not have even been born.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #166933
07/19/14 02:35 AM
07/19/14 02:35 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
His child, are you saying only those in the U.S. will be saved?

No. When the Bible talks about Israel and Judah should we get the impression that only the Jews will be saved?

That only they are God's people?

No. When the Bible talks about Israel and Judah should we get the impression that only the Jews are God's people?

Or are you saying that other Christians in other countries need to see the fires and floods happening in the U.S. and even if they aren't as bad as the ones they are experiencing, it must mean something?

I am saying that GW set up an abomination that desolates on 9/20/01 and that when the 10 years before his action are compared to the 10-years that followed, there is a remarkable increase in floods, Tornadoes, fires, and earthquakes.

I suppose you have a reason for picking and choosing a "10 year cycle"?

When I did the initial study in 2010-2012, I compared the 10 years before 9/20/01 to the 10-years after it rather than doing a 1-year study because 1-year can fluctuate widely. There has been a tremendous increase of natural disasters in the USA that aligns with my understanding of the Spirit of Prophecy.

Originally Posted By: hch
It is the USA that has polluted the planet to the degree that it is today.

I suppose no one can dispute that statement because if someone said China pollutes more, you would say China isn't part of God's people....

Never imagined such. Apparently there is a miscommunication and you are speaking about what you think about what I said. That can become a straw man. (From 1776 until today the US has been a world leader in pollution due to our industrialization. China has been relatively slow to change from rural agriculture to ...

Originally Posted By: hch
During the star wars testing, in multiple tests, America released hundreds of pounds of lithium-barium dust to make high altitude clouds for testing Laser optics.

And James would say all that is a false conspiracy.

There will always be those that speak ill of what they do not understand. But I will have to let James speak for himself.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: APL] #166936
07/19/14 03:36 AM
07/19/14 03:36 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: his child
Do you ask this so that you won't have to change your shoe size?

Originally Posted By: APL
Not at all! The foot is large. The events of the last days are not limited to North America.

That is true BUT Do you suppose that I limit my understanding of the Bible to North America?

Daniel 7:17 identifies 4-kings from the earth. The prophetic earth is the USA according to Revelation 13. So while the prophecy is revealing things about 4 American Presidents, why would a Bible student turn from the Bible's focus on America to look elsewhere? Wouldn't that be like getting out a Diesel Ford manual to work on a gas Chevy?

Originally Posted By: APL
Yes, the image of the beast will be setup in the United States, but its effect will be global. It may be BO who helping form the image. Will he finish it? Perhaps; perhaps not. And if not, where will you be on the issue? EGW warned about this. Read GC457.1 and following. She also indicates that if the Advent people had done their part, this whole mess would have been over by now, and BO would not have even been born.

Yes and EGW also warns:
Originally Posted By: EGW
"Peace and safety" is the cry from men who will never again lift up their voice like a trumpet to show God's people their transgressions and the house of Jacob their sins. These dumb dogs that would not bark are the ones who feel the just vengeance of an offended God. Men, maidens, and little children all perish together." {5T 211.2}

We need to pray for discernment that we will not go to either extreme. When the Bible identifies the very men who are going to implement the Mark of the beast, we should avail ourselves of the particulars and not be satisfied with supposed Present Truth that leaves the believer in limbo.

And I am interested if you have found a 10-year fire period prior to 9/20/01 that had more than 13.5 million acres burned. Since, I look for truth, I could not continue to preach that fires have increased in the USA after 9/20/01 if indeed you have evidence to the contrary.

Your silence on that issue leads me to conclude that you cannot find any evidence to refute my original statement and therefore it must be correct as I stated it. If you have proof that I have misspoken, present it and I will learn and change.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #166946
07/19/14 10:59 PM
07/19/14 10:59 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
You believe that the four kings are four American presidents. That has not yet been established as far as I have seen.

You have said that Massachusetts passes a gay marriage law, and bam, 500 year flood. Cause and effect? What caused the flood, how did that happen? Can you explain?

The Mississippi has flooded repeatedly. The Scab lands of Eastern Washington were caused by a major flood event. Your claim that the "published" fire events is absolute proof of the end times. One needs to understand why fires are larger now. In the past, there was no fire suppression. Old growth forests had tall trees with open space around the trees. With in implementation of fire suppression, vegetation filled in the open spaces. Now fires can be more catastrophic. Was this due to enactment of gay legislation, or just the folly of man in general? Incidentally, the fire that cause the greatest lost of life in Wisconsin, near where I grew up. That fire, in 1871 caused between 1500 and 2500 deaths. The shoe still does not fit.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: His child] #166988
07/21/14 02:58 PM
07/21/14 02:58 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child

Or are you saying that other Christians in other countries need to see the fires and floods happening in the U.S. and even if they aren't as bad as the ones they are experiencing, it must mean something?

I am saying that GW set up an abomination that desolates on 9/20/01 and that when the 10 years before his action are compared to the 10-years that followed, there is a remarkable increase in floods, Tornadoes, fires, and earthquakes.

I suppose you have a reason for picking and choosing a "10 year cycle"?

When I did the initial study in 2010-2012, I compared the 10 years before 9/20/01 to the 10-years after it rather than doing a 1-year study because 1-year can fluctuate widely. There has been a tremendous increase of natural disasters in the USA that aligns with my understanding of the Spirit of Prophecy.
Ok, arbitrarily picked and chosen.

His child, are you saying only those in the U.S. will be saved?

No. When the Bible talks about Israel and Judah should we get the impression that only the Jews will be saved?

That only they are God's people?

No. When the Bible talks about Israel and Judah should we get the impression that only the Jews are God's people?

[quote=hch]It is the USA that has polluted the planet to the degree that it is today.

Quote:

I suppose no one can dispute that statement because if someone said China pollutes more, you would say China isn't part of God's people....

Never imagined such. Apparently there is a miscommunication and you are speaking about what you think about what I said.
Oh? Something must have been miss-communicated. What about:
From the context, my focus was primarily on the USA.

Quote:
Knowing that the United States is the last power to rally the world against God's people: everyone should be very interested in how the image-beast is forming the image to the beast and how America's actions will soon attempt to persecute God's people to extinction.
Hmmm....

Quote:
That can become a straw man.
False accusations will get you nowhere.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #167145
07/29/14 04:11 PM
07/29/14 04:11 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I heard on the radio that many who are most concerned about global warming also use the most energy.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #167168
07/30/14 09:22 PM
07/30/14 09:22 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I heard on the radio that many who are most concerned about global warming also use the most energy.

That's funny because Gallop Poll just recently came out with a study that say America (who by far uses more energy per capita than any other nation) is the least concerned about global warming.

http://pollingmatters.gallup.com/2014/03/why-are-americans-not-more-worried.html

"One of the most interesting, and to many most important, public opinion puzzles of our time is the evidence that the American public simply does not share a sense of urgency or a perception of the need for urgent action on the issue of climate change."

I wonder where you would hear such convoluted information? Would it be on FOX news perhaps?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #167184
08/01/14 04:41 PM
08/01/14 04:41 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Velella velella jelly fish stranding on the beach. About 2 miles long and about 4 yards wide.

sea stars dying by the millions on West Coast — Like the Black Death, only faster and deadlier [...] “Something has changed in the marine environment to lead to this unprecedented scale of an outbreak.”
(Oh, really?)

Millions of fish found dead on California coast The die-off is the third in three weeks. On July 18, thousands of white croakers washed up on Manresa State Beach [...] July 25, scores of dead anchovies washed onto the beach at Capitola
A gooey substance was found floating in the water and health officials were contacted […] officials have not identified what that ‘gooey’ substance was other than it didn’t pose a threat to public health.
(No idea what it is, but we know it's not a threat? ok....)

So some may think this is a sign of global warming. But is it? Or is it from the continuing radiation spewing out of Japan?

Surges in airborne radioactive releases have gone on for years at Fukushima — Exceeded 25,000 times normal level — Radiation alarms sound for hours at plant — ‘Extensive’ areas being impacted

Nuclear waste “flowing out to sea” from underground tunnels at Fukushima — 950 Billion Bq/m³ of cesium in Unit 2 shaft next to ocean — 11,000 tons estimated in tunnels — ‘Stream’ of moving water — Gov’t regulators ‘urgently assessing’ problems, ‘sense of crisis’ needed

Fukushima debris “waist high” on Canadian island; “Catastrophic death” trapped in nets, it’s horrifying; 15-mile long lines of floating trash — Journalist: Radioactive tsunami debris found far from Fukushima plant — Global concern over spread of contamination

http://enenews.com/researchers-radioacti... off California, levels spike to 400% normal — Crew then discovers ‘island’ of tsunami debris — Never seen so much garbage in ocean before — TV: “Disturbing new images from Pacific… looks like islands of plastic” 1,000 miles from coast — 7 tons and 80 ft. long, can walk on it as if land

James, while the plastic is a problem, the much bigger problem is the radiation in it.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #167200
08/03/14 04:25 AM
08/03/14 04:25 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
It's funny that you quoted this "Millions of fish dead on California coast" article because the article said...

“Well it happened again folks. Millions of dead anchovies overnight. It’s not Fukushima

I'm telling you that the waters are being polluted to to an alarming degree by plastic. I would lay heavy odds that the "gooey substance" found next to the dead fish was pelagic plastics. Haven't you heard of the "Great Pacific garbage patch"?

Quote:
From Wiki...

"The Great Pacific garbage patch, also described as the Pacific trash vortex, is a gyre of marine debris particles in the central North Pacific Ocean...The patch is characterized by exceptionally high concentrations of pelagic plastics, chemical sludge and other debris that have been trapped by the currents of the North Pacific Gyre.

The size of the Garbage patch is estimated at 270,000 sq mi, to more than 5,800,000 sq mi, or 0.41% to 8.1% of the size of the Pacific Ocean, or, in some media reports, up to "twice the size of the continental United States"

A similar patch of floating plastic debris is found in the Atlantic Ocean

The Great Pacific garbage patch has one of the highest levels known of plastic particulate suspended in the upper water column... Unlike organic debris, which biodegrades, the photodegraded plastic disintegrates into ever smaller pieces while remaining a polymer. This process continues down to the molecular level. As the plastic flotsam photodegrades into smaller and smaller pieces, it concentrates in the upper water column. As it disintegrates, the plastic ultimately becomes small enough to be ingested by aquatic organisms that reside near the ocean's surface. In this way, plastic may become concentrated in neuston, thereby entering the food chain.

Some of these long-lasting plastics end up in the stomachs of marine birds and animals, and their young, including sea turtles and the Black-footed Albatross. Midway Atoll receives substantial amounts of marine debris from the patch. Of the 1.5 million Laysan Albatrosses that inhabit Midway, nearly all are found to have plastic in their digestive system. Approximately one-third of their chicks die, and many of those deaths are due to being fed plastic from their parents. Twenty tons of plastic debris washes up on Midway every year with five tons of that debris being fed to Albatross chicks.

Besides the particles' danger to wildlife, on the microscopic level the floating debris can absorb organic pollutants from seawater, including PCBs, DDT, and PAHs. Aside from toxic effects, when ingested, some of these are mistaken by the endocrine system as estradiol, causing hormone disruption in the affected animal. These toxin-containing plastic pieces are also eaten by jellyfish, which are then eaten by larger fish.

Many of these fish are then consumed by humans, resulting in their ingestion of toxic chemicals. Marine plastics also facilitate the spread of invasive species that attach to floating plastic in one region and drift long distances to colonize other ecosystems.

On the macroscopic level, the physical size of the plastic kills fish, birds and turtles as the animals' digestion can not break down the plastic that is taking up space inside their stomachs. A second effect of the macroscopic plastic is to make it much more difficult for animals to detect their normal sources of food. While eating their normal source of food plastic ingestion can be unavoidable.

Research has shown that this plastic marine debris affects at least 267 species worldwide and more than a few of the 267 species reside in the North Pacific Gyre.

WAYYYY BIGGER PROBLEM THAN FUKUSHIMA!!!!!!

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #167208
08/03/14 03:55 PM
08/03/14 03:55 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
And in this quote you used about the dead fish, while it was a result of the tsunami that hit Japan it was not because of the radiation. You should read the articles better if you are going to use them to prove anything. The tsunami ripped everything off the land and drug it out to sea including drift nets. A few of those drift nets finally made it to the shores of Canada full of dead fish. (which was probably only a fraction of the nets that were actually lost and still out there!) It was NOT the radiation that caught those fish in the drift nets. The tsunami carried megatons of floating plastic into the ocean and no one cleaned it up, they just left it, and it all got caught in the Pacific currents and it took this long to make it to the Canadian shores.

http://enenews.com/fishermen-fukushima-d...ma-plant-videos

I'm going to say it again, while the radiation from Fukushima was very bad, and we are still feeling the effects of it, it is nothing compared to the garbage that the world dumps or allows into the sea every day. Plastic is killing the oceans and God has put it on my heart to warn the world about it, but no one seems to care. God will destroy those who disregard the warning and destroy the earth. This is a solemnly faithful witness.

Page 13 of 53 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 52 53

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!