HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,595
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,951 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 73 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 72 73
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #166802
07/13/14 11:07 PM
07/13/14 11:07 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
But if I may, now, in this light, whether accepted or rejected, re-approach the subject of this thread; "Jesus denied self like a born-again believer". The title of the topic is flawed not in that it cannot be made to fit in righteousness, because Jesus did deny His heavenly self to come here in the first place, and He denied Himself as a man in personal comforts and defense, meek and lowly. But the title and responses revealed the error of the faith of the one presenting the topic in error. I hope the teacher is now willing to learn.

I would approach the subject this way and in this light...

"Jesus as a man denied the selfishness of mankind by the same power that a born again believer may attain through faith in His perfect character."

The character of the Son of God and man was perfect from birth. He was not fallen, but came in the likeness of fallen flesh. This character combined with the same Holy Spirit available to every man, empowered Him to overcome every sin that the defective characters of fallen men fall to. We are born selfish, He was not.

His character was that of His Father from birth and this was His only earthly advantage. He did not use His divinity, but He was born with an innate hatred of sin, so His character was free of every taint of sin unlike those He came to save. He is the beam of light from heaven that wiped the slate of the corrupted nature of man clean, so we might hold on to HIS character and be pulled out of this ugly world.

(I am using the liberty of the Spirit to put in my own words that He had the advantage of Character, but it is still not a contradiction even when Mrs White was inspired that He had no advantage, she still supports the fact that His character was perfect from birth and to me that is a wonderful advantage that we are not born with. His advantage of character and denial of personal comfort is our salvation.)

This is the greatest blessing to me in my faith and it does not contradict anything in scripture or the Spirit of Prophecy. When He revealed Himself to me in the Garden of Gethsemane vision He showed me that this was the whole foundation of our faith. He (God) denied Himself by becoming man and walking into hell to save us from sin.

So yes Jesus denied self, every personal comfort; as God, leaving the glory of heaven, as man, giving everything He had for us, but He never denied the longing for lust because He had no lust. He never denied the carnal nature because His nature (character) was not carnal. So he did not deny the lust of the flesh from within like fallen men must overcome, He hated lust from birth. He was born with a hatred of every kind of sin.

The title of this thread revealed this flaw within the presenters faith. God put this on my heart to address and challenge every point of the errors made by the presenter.

I hope this conversation has resolved this issue. May God bless those who see the Spirit in this.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #166958
07/20/14 05:25 PM
07/20/14 05:25 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
It's difficult to believe Jesus was not tempted like a born-again believer.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #167680
08/23/14 06:26 PM
08/23/14 06:26 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
With each wrong act the old selfish nature is gaining strength. – {COL 48.2}

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #167689
08/24/14 02:09 AM
08/24/14 02:09 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Sobering. Cause to fight the good fight of faith.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #167782
08/28/14 11:47 PM
08/28/14 11:47 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
These refer to born-again believers.

[1 Corinthians 9:26, 27 quoted.] Paul was ever on the watch lest evil propensities should get the better of him. He guarded well his appetites and passions and evil propensities (Letter 27, 1906). {6BC 1089.8}

When the Spirit of God controls mind and heart, the converted soul breaks forth into a new song; for he realizes that in his experience the promise of God has been fulfilled, that his transgression has been forgiven, his sin covered. He has exercised repentance toward God for the violation of the divine law, and faith toward Christ, who died for man's justification. "Being justified by faith," he has "peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1. {AA 476.2}

But because this experience is his, the Christian is not therefore to fold his hands, content with that which has been accomplished for him. He who has determined to enter the spiritual kingdom will find that all the powers and passions of unregenerate nature, backed by the forces of the kingdom of darkness, are arrayed against him. Each day he must renew his consecration, each day do battle with evil. Old habits, hereditary tendencies to wrong, will strive for the mastery, and against these he is to be ever on guard, striving in Christ's strength for victory. {AA 476.3}

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #167784
08/29/14 02:52 AM
08/29/14 02:52 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Great quotes. I have posted them many times (and many others like them). Somehow I suspect you believe they disprove what I have been advocating, namely, people who experience conversion in God's appointed way do not, and cannot, practice the sinful habits they cultivated prior to completing the long, patient, protracted process of conversion. They subdue, control, and reign them in. They do not cherish or act out in thought, word, or deed the unholy clamorings of sinful flesh. While abiding in Jesus, while walking in the Spirit and mind of the new man, while partaking of the divine nature - they daily renew their conversion, they daily grow in grace, they daily mature in the fruits of the Spirit.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #167788
08/29/14 04:47 AM
08/29/14 04:47 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
No, that's a different thread. I put them here because if Jesus went through these like a born-again believer, then He had evil propensities, the passions of unregenerate nature, old habits, and hereditary tendencies to wrong.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #167797
08/29/14 03:14 PM
08/29/14 03:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Oh, right. So, yeah, Jesus had to fight the greatest battle ever fought the same as born again believers. He had to resist, subdue, control, reign in the same sinful flesh temptations, the same unholy clamorings, the same evil tendencies, inclinations, propensities. He was dead to sin, self, and Satan. He was free from sin. He never cultivated hereditary sinful traits of character.

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #167806
08/30/14 05:56 AM
08/30/14 05:56 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
I don't believe that Jesus had "old habits" to battle. Do you?

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer. [Re: Mountain Man] #167811
08/30/14 02:02 PM
08/30/14 02:02 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
What did Christ have to overcome? Do we have inherited tendencies to evil? Did Christ share our heredity or not?

The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden "the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God." Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life. {DA 48.5}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Page 53 of 73 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 72 73

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!