HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,868 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Zechariah 4, the Lesson of God's method of Interpretation (part 1) #167670
08/23/14 05:09 AM
08/23/14 05:09 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Zechariah 4:1-6 --

"And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep. And said unto me, 'What seest thou?' And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:

And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, 'What are these, my lord?'Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, 'Knowest thou not what these be?' And I said, 'No, my lord.'

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, 'This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.'

Zechariah 4:11-14 --

"Then answered I, and said unto him, 'What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?' And I answered again, and said unto him, 'What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?'

And he answered me and said, 'Knowest thou not what these be?' And I said, 'No, my lord.' Then said he, 'These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.'

Thus the word of God is represented by these symbols. Therefore, the interpretation of them is to reveal the manner of communicating the Word of God to Zerubbabel. Not to the Zerubbabel that was engaged in building the typical temple, for he was orally instructed by the prophets Zechariah and Haggai.

Therefore, as the significance of these prophetic symbols were not understood by them, they must be applicable to those who are to be engaged in building the antitypical, or spiritual temple (church), as it was previously explained.

Each one of these symbols must be separately deciphered by uncontradictory evidence, and their significance must constitute the method by which God is to communicate His Word to His servants. It has been previously stated that all the books of the Bible meet, and end in the book of Revelation. Therefore, the revelation of Zechariah's prophecy must be found there also.

We quote: "The seven stars are the angels of the seven
churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches." (Rev. 1:20.) It will be noticed that the messages to the seven churches are not addressed to the candlesticks (the church as a body), but to the angels, saying, "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write." (Rev. 3:14.) This angel is not a heavenly angel, for he is at fault -- under condemnation and about to be spued out, except he repent. It is this angel who has charge of the candlestick (church). Therefore, the seven angels denote the leadership of the seven churches, and the candlesticks are the symbols of the seven churches. Thus, the churches in this instance are symbolized by candlesticks. Therefore, the candlestick in Zechariah's vision denotes the church as a body.

The revelation of the olive trees is found in the eleventh chapter and the fourth verse: "These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth." The olive trees and the two candlesticks are the two witnesses. (See Rev. 11:3.) Zechariah also states that "These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth." (Zech. 4:14.) Therefore, these two olive trees, and two candlesticks are inseparable, for they both "stand by the Lord of the whole earth." The two candlesticks in this instance represent God's church in two sections, and each one has an olive tree. The angel interpreted them to Zechariah as the Word of God to Zerubbabel. Therefore, the two candlesticks represent the Old and New Testament churches (Jewish and Christian). And the two olive trees are symbols of the Old and New Testament Bible (the Word of God to Zerubbabel). These two witnesses "shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and three score days (from 538 A.D. to 1798 A.D.) clothed in sackcloth." (Rev. 11:3.) "The two Witnesses represent the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament." -- "The Great Controversy," p. 267. (SRod,vol.2, p.283-284)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 08/23/14 05:11 AM.
Re: Zechariah 4, the Lesson of God's method of Interpretation (part 1) [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #167760
08/28/14 05:53 AM
08/28/14 05:53 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
(Continuing with part 2)

Thus we have a candlestick for each of the two sections of God's church while the Scriptures were being written. One candlestick and one olive tree to the Jewish, and one candlestick and one olive tree for the apostle's, and seven for the remaining history of the church to the time of the separation of the tares from the wheat, or to the commencement of the harvest.

Thus the candlestick (church) in Zechariah's vision is the tenth, denoting a universal church; depicting the living church that shall unite with all the saints since the world began -- which will join with the church of the entire universe of God!

This candlestick in Zechariah's vision is a glorious one, which in comparison, all others stand as "nothing" -- in perfect harmony with the second temple, which in comparison the first stood as "nothing."

The Two Golden Pipes

True then, the candlestick represents the church, and the two olive trees the Old and New Testament Scriptures. Now, "What be these two golden pipes," which "empty the golden oil out of themselves?" We quote from "Testimonies for the Church," Vol. 7, p. 249: "The inner lamp must be supplied with the oil that flows from the messengers of heaven through the golden tubes into the golden bowl. The Lord's communication never comes to man in vain."

Therefore, the two golden pipes that empty the golden oil into the golden bowl are God's messengers of inspiration through whom present truth is revealed, and the only true interpreters of the Scriptures. The oil represents the revealed Word of God from the Bible as it is explained through His appointed servants, and the bowl describes the publications into which these revelations are compiled.

This is the "Testimony of Jesus" -- "the Spirit of Prophecy." (Rev. 12:17; 19:10.) The revelation which John received is called "The Testimony of Jesus." (See Rev. 1:9.) Therefore, the testimony of Jesus is also the Spirit of Prophecy, because his testimony is revealed only by the Holy Spirit through a human channel.

Thus the Scripture interpreted by Inspiration, is the only testimony that can be, "the testimony of Jesus" -- truth without error.

The Seven Lamps

If the candlestick represents the church as a body, then the seven lamps thereon must denote the sisterhood of churches scattered throughout the denomination. The Biblical number of completeness takes in the entire movement as a whole.

This fact is also proven by the following quotation: "When the anointed ones empty themselves through the golden pipes, the oil flows out of themselves into the golden bowl, to flow into the lamps, the churches." -- "Testimonies to Ministers," p. 337.

The Seven Golden Tubes

If the "golden bowl" is that which contains the inspired interpretation of the Scriptures or the writings of the Spirit of Prophecy, and the lamps or churches are supplied with oil from the bowl through the seven golden tubes, then the ministry is represented by the tubes, whose duty is to feed the entire church with the inspired Word of God only.

This fact also is proven by the "Spirit of Prophecy," as we read: "The golden oil represents the Holy Spirit. With this oil God's ministers are to be constantly supplied, that they, in turn, may impart it to the church." -- Id.,p. 188. Note, the seven tubes (Ministry) draw the oil from the golden bowl, not direct from the olive trees (Scriptures).

This divinely illustrated lesson is too plain to be misunderstood, or its meaning misconstrued. The only safe way by which God's servants and His church can be free from error, full of faith without guile in their mouth (all speak the same thing), is the never erring guide -- "The Spirit of Prophecy."

The acceptance of so-called truth, without inspiration, is the devil's trap of deception, and they who advocate such fallacious teachings are the hardest and most impossible ones to rescue from Satan's bottomless pit; for he makes them believe that confession of their errors would disqualify them for teachers, and dishonor their high standing.

He who denies inspired interpretation of the Scriptures is denying the office of the Holy Spirit, and is sinning against Him -- committing the unpardonable sin!

This golden candlestick is the most remarkable symbol in the Bible pertaining to the church of God. Its arrangement with complete number of lamps, bowl, tubes, and pipes, all of gold, with its two olive trees emptying themselves of the golden oil in the golden bowl, reveals that the last section of God's church, is to be the most glorious church in all ages.

This "continued communication" by the Holy Spirit to the church, represented by the olive branches emptying the "Golden Oil out of themselves" into one Golden Bowl, and its complete set of Supply Tubes from the bowl to all its lamps, is to bring every part of the entire body in perfect harmony; a church without guile.

This prophetic symbol unmistakably points forward to a heavenly agency absorbing human weakness and imperfection into everlasting glory. "A glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." (Eph. 5:27.)

A church that keeps "the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." "Clad in the armor of Christ's righteousness, the church is to enter upon her final conflict. 'Fair as the moon clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners,' she is to go forth into all the world, conquering and to conquer." -- "Prophets and Kings," p. 725. (Song of Sol. 6:10.)

To this "candlestick" is the promise: "Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff. (Isa. 41:15.)

The "one stone" -- the church -- shall have complete vision of heavenly glory: "For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbor under the vine and under the fig tree." (Zech. 3:9, 10.) To the servants of God (the church) is granted to possess the earth, and restore the land to the saints to whom it originally belonged. Thus, "They shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it." (Micah 4:4.)

"And they shall be as mighty men, which tread down their enemies in the mire of the streets in the battle: and they shall fight, because the Lord is with them, and the riders on horses shall be confounded." (Zech. 10:5.) "Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit saith the Lord of hosts." (Zech. 4:6.)

"And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.... In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them." (Zech. 12:3, 8.)

"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God." (Zech. 13:8, 9.)

"Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God." (Psa. 87:3.) "Cry out and shout, thou inhabitants of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee." (Isa. 12:6.) "Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord. (Zech. 2:10.) (SRod, vol. 2, p.284-286)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 08/28/14 05:54 AM.

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!