HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,127 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: Green Cochoa] #168317
09/22/14 03:18 PM
09/22/14 03:18 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: kland
How was the war fought? Are you suggesting it was a physical war, perhaps with tanks and bombs and rifles and swords? Or are you being "deceitful" and/or have "misapplied it"? Otherwise, why are you bringing this up for comparison?

The Bible is not being deceitful, kland. The Bible tells us there was war, and I believe it. I'm sorry you don't.
Blinders, arrogance, maybe someone else can help me with the word I'm looking for here.

Green to APL: You didn't answer the question. Yes or no will do. Or are you saying that your heart is too deceitful to give a straight answer?

APL: Hold no parleying with Satan, but meet him with "It is written."
Like Christ, we should be able to meet the enemy in time of temptation with, "It is written." {SD 134.8}

Green: Satan quoted scripture to Jesus too, but he misapplied it, even as you are doing. Therefore, get thee behind me Satan.

Green, do you intend to attempt to make us believe that APL does not believe what the Bible says? Do you think he is saying he doesn't believe what the Bible says? Do you suppose that he may think that he believes what the Bible says and is sorry that you don't? Many times you make up what the Bible says, claiming it is simple step in logic, to come to your personal conclusion.

Or is this another example of you being deceitful to try to get your way? I wasn't talking about the Bible, but was addressing you being deceitful and misapplying it. Do you think I am claiming this ISN'T what the Bible says? You even admit you do not believe there were guns involved. So why are you making a comparison to the type of war in heaven with the war of ISIS, which involves guns?

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: Mountain Man] #168319
09/22/14 03:24 PM
09/22/14 03:24 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Jesus raised up the USA. He gives it power and authority to keep the peace and to punish criminals and combatants.
In what way is the attitude expressed any different from the papacy, Hitler, ISIS, and others feel about themselves?

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: kland] #168320
09/22/14 03:30 PM
09/22/14 03:30 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
kland,

Here is my perception of the conversation thus far:

I quoted the Bible saying that Michael fought during the war in heaven. You came back with asking me if I were being deceitful. I answered that the Bible is not deceitful (for I had but used the Bible's own words). Now you tell me, again, that I am being deceitful.

Now, if this is not how you perceive it, please be more clear in what you were focused upon. If this IS how you perceived it, I would like you to tell me where in the Bible you get the idea that there was NOT a war in Heaven, or that Michael (Jesus) did NOT fight. If you can establish those counter-biblical "truths," then I will accept that I was being deceitful. Until then, perhaps I shall leave off parleying, as APL so aptly reminds us to do.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: kland] #168321
09/22/14 03:33 PM
09/22/14 03:33 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Green, do you intend to attempt to make us believe that APL does not believe what the Bible says?

It is indeed my perception that APL does not accept nor believe that Jesus would ever fight, despite the fact the Bible tells us this. Let him clarify this point for himself, if he will.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: APL] #168327
09/22/14 04:01 PM
09/22/14 04:01 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Green, APL quotes Bible verses the same as you do.

In case you missed it above:
"So why are you making a comparison to the type of war in heaven with the war of ISIS, which involves guns?"

Is this not being deceitful on your part?

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: kland] #168330
09/22/14 04:19 PM
09/22/14 04:19 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient

"So why are you making a comparison to the type of war in heaven with the war of ISIS, which involves guns?"

Guess I missed the fact that that was your focus. It looked more like a rhetorical question to me.

If you want an answer to that, my first thought would be that both wars are alike battles against evil. In fact, all of the Great Controversy has been such a war. Good will triumph in the end, thankfully. smile

We know from the Bible, however, that angels do indeed fight with swords. I suppose it matters little whether it is a sword or a gun...both are used to kill. God's angels can be mighty warriors.

Did God love the soldiers in Sennacherib's army? He certainly did. Why did God command His angel to kill them?

This thread, however, is supposedly focused upon what our response should be. My personal response to ISIS is non-existent and moot, seeing as I have no contact with them. If I were to meet them, my duty would be to show Jesus to them in any way possible--whether that means driving them out of God's temple in holy indignation, or giving them a glass of cold water to quench their thirst. Each one should be in tune with God's Spirit to know the wisest course of action in every situation.

Where I work, my choices are a bit different: do I love them all by telling them about Jesus? or do I love them by NOT telling them all, so that I can avoid deportation or imprisonment which will prevent me from having additional opportunities to teach here. One must be prudent and discrete: the serpent and the dove.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: APL] #168335
09/22/14 09:24 PM
09/22/14 09:24 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I thank God daily for our troops who are working to stop ISIS.

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: Green Cochoa] #168352
09/23/14 02:04 PM
09/23/14 02:04 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa

Guess I missed the fact that that was your focus. It looked more like a rhetorical question to me.

If you want an answer to that, my first thought would be that both wars are alike battles against evil. In fact, all of the Great Controversy has been such a war. Good will triumph in the end, thankfully. smile

We know from the Bible, however, that angels do indeed fight with swords. I suppose it matters little whether it is a sword or a gun...both are used to kill. God's angels can be mighty warriors.
Do angels indeed fight with instruments of iron? If not, why are you making a comparison to the type of war in heaven with the war of ISIS, which involves guns? and instruments of iron?

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: APL] #168382
09/24/14 12:17 PM
09/24/14 12:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Pray for our troops as they fight to preserve freedom.

Re: How Are We To Love the Soldiers of ISIS? [Re: Mountain Man] #168389
09/24/14 07:18 PM
09/24/14 07:18 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Pray for our troops as they fight to preserve freedom.

We cannot know how much we owe to Christ for the peace and protection which we enjoy. It is the restraining power of God that prevents mankind from passing fully under the control of Satan. The disobedient and unthankful have great reason for gratitude for God's mercy and long-suffering in holding in check the cruel, malignant power of the evil one.

Our troops? Nope. Christ is the only one.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!