HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Mountain Man] #176044
08/13/15 09:14 PM
08/13/15 09:14 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
It is unfortunate insult and slander are slung around so freely on this forum. I'm surprised more effort isn't devoted to policing this forum. Especially is it offensive when members bash people for sharing fundamental SDA beliefs. The rules of the forum forbid it. This is a SDA community site. Nobody here should feel attacked for believing the 28FB.

I agree, but may I extend the scope a little bit....

Nobody here should feel attacked for believing OR NOT belieaving the 28FB.

Blessings
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Rick H] #176060
08/14/15 02:45 PM
08/14/15 02:45 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Amen!

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Elle] #176171
08/20/15 04:21 AM
08/20/15 04:21 AM
S
StewartC  Offline
Active Member 2011
Posting New Member
Arizona , USA
I agree with you Elle. Nobody should feel attacked here. But as Mountain Man says, this is an SDA site. It seems natural that people with non-SDA inclinations will feel uncomfortable here. We teach that even heaven itself would be a place of "supreme torture" to those that question the ways of God.

But if "strangers" come into another man's house, thinking that they are at full liberty to question and criticize, then that house is quickly made into a house of debate and conflict. The "debate" mind-set has destroyed most of the online discussion sites, and the meek and lowly , when they come looking [and inquiring,] are suddenly repulsed by the almost continual aggression.

As a people, I think we have opened our doors too widely to outsiders, and have made the house of God a den [a stronghold] of debate. There was a time when many of our people really knew our teachings regarding the time-prophecies, etc., but that time is now long past.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: StewartC] #176181
08/20/15 09:35 AM
08/20/15 09:35 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Sadly, I have to agree with you StewartC.
I just joined this site a couple of months ago, after a seemingly endless journey from one, so called SDA site, to another. I am not in a position to attend any regular church services or even a home church at this time, so finding online fellowship was extremely important to me.
Without exception, every single site I tried was one horrible, endless, extended argument.
The simplest, most basic, doctrines were questioned over and over. It was such a blessing to find this site. It can get pretty bad here from time to time, but it's generally a good place to be. I attribute this to the fussier standard and wait time for enrollment required here. Every other site seems to only ask for an email address and you're in.

I have heard theories of infiltration into SDA sites by certain organizations. Sometimes, I wonder if there could be some truth to it. I pray this place does not succumb to such influence.

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: StewartC] #176191
08/20/15 12:50 PM
08/20/15 12:50 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: StewartC
I agree with you Elle. Nobody should feel attacked here. But as Mountain Man says, this is an SDA site. It seems natural that people with non-SDA inclinations will feel uncomfortable here. We teach that even heaven itself would be a place of "supreme torture" to those that question the ways of God.

But if "strangers" come into another man's house, thinking that they are at full liberty to question and criticize, then that house is quickly made into a house of debate and conflict. The "debate" mind-set has destroyed most of the online discussion sites, and the meek and lowly , when they come looking [and inquiring,] are suddenly repulsed by the almost continual aggression.

As a people, I think we have opened our doors too widely to outsiders, and have made the house of God a den [a stronghold] of debate. There was a time when many of our people really knew our teachings regarding the time-prophecies, etc., but that time is now long past.

Steward...I'm not an outsider nor is JAK. We are both SDAs. Forum is a place of discussion, testing, if what we believe is in line with scriptures. Ellen & James White said this was our Christian DUTY.

If the SDAs 28FBs are in line with the scriptures, then there's nothing to debate about. But the problem is it often conflict with scriptures.

So what do we do as SDAs? close our eyes, don't investigate the scriptures, and bashe others in the Church that dare point these out?

And if they talk too much "in the house" then discipline them like MM recommends. And if they continue to talk too much....then kick them out of the house? Is that the way you want to deal with the problems?

Blessings
Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Rick H] #176198
08/20/15 04:39 PM
08/20/15 04:39 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Steward, thank you. So true.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Rick H] #176199
08/20/15 04:43 PM
08/20/15 04:43 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Elle, yes, the biblical course of action is discipline. Paul was to the point - "I would they were even cut off which trouble you." People who study the 28FB and then conclude one or more of them is unbiblical should do the decent thing and find somewhere else to be a church member - especially people who reject the SOP.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: Mountain Man] #176253
08/23/15 02:31 AM
08/23/15 02:31 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Elle, yes, the biblical course of action is discipline. Paul was to the point - "I would they were even cut off which trouble you." People who study the 28FB and then conclude one or more of them is unbiblical should do the decent thing and find somewhere else to be a church member - especially people who reject the SOP.

Rather, it is you who should "go the whole way and emasculate [yourself]!" (Gal. 5:12) You burden the GOOD NEWS of salvation with your 28FB, whereas, as Paul says, "For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" (verse 14)

And that is enough.

///

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: James Peterson] #176255
08/23/15 03:44 AM
08/23/15 03:44 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

Rather, it is you who should "go the whole way and emasculate [yourself]!" (Gal. 5:12) You burden the GOOD NEWS of salvation with your 28FB, whereas, as Paul says, "For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" (verse 14)
And that is enough.
///

Let's see what Paul says next:

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Galations 5:19-21

"Adultery, fornication, lasciviousness,(that almost sounds like one of God's Ten Commandments)? "Thou shalt not commit adultery". "Envyings", (sounds like another Commandment)? "Thou shalt not covet". "witchcraft" (sounds like another Commandment)? "3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. "murders" (sounds like yet another Commandment)? "Thou shalt not kill". "And such like".

"they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

It almost sounds like Paul is suggesting that "loving your neighbor as yourself". Means obeying God by keeping His Law of Love, The Ten Commandments?

"[This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."
Galations 5:16

It almost sounds like Paul is saying that "walking in the Spirit" will help you obey God's Law of Love, The Ten Commandments.

Re: Why is rejection of the SOP happening? [Re: James Peterson] #176257
08/23/15 04:12 AM
08/23/15 04:12 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

And that is enough.

///

James Peterson, are you familiar with rule one of this forum? Did you read it when you signed up?

Membership rule #1

1 - You must either be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church or a friend of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to become a member of Maritime Advent Believers OnLine.

I see from your profile that you are not a Seventh Day Adventist and after hearing your animosity toward our Fundamental Beliefs, it is difficult to believe that you are a friend of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

We're you being dishonest when you joined this forum?

I'm wondering what your motivation is for being here?

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!