HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #169764
11/10/14 07:52 PM
11/10/14 07:52 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Let's look at the latest Houteff passage which GLL shared.

Originally Posted By: GLL posting Houteffs writings

In graphic demonstration that He will come to earth with all His angels to execute judgment upon the living, the Lord revealed Himself prophetically to Ezekiel as being brought enthroned to earth by four living creatures just before the slaughter of the hypocrites in the church takes place. And as each of the living creatures has the face of a lion, the face of a calf, the face of a man, and the face of an eagle (Ezek. 1:10),

-- the same judicial insignia as have the beasts who are before the throne in the heavenly sanctuary (Rev. 4:7) in the time of the judgment of the dead, -- and as they descend to earth, they thereby symbolically show that the work of the mediatorial-judicial throne which convenes and presides over the judgment of the dead is extended to earth.

Let's note several things here:
A. Ezekiel's prophetic message has two applications.
1. The impending destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians
2. The destruction of Jerusalem as a symbol or shadow of the end time destruction upon the world.

B. The four insigna's of lion, eagle, ox and man
These are not limited to execution of judgment. To say that is what they represent is to say God's government is only about destroying people, when in reality God's government is first of all about SAVING people.

The Israelite camp throughout their wilderness journey carried these symbols showing that God was their ruler. Numbers chapter two talks about this as four standards were placed and three tribes camped under each standard. Jewish writings confirm that these standards were -- Lion for Judah, Man's head for Rueben, Ox for Ephraim, and Eagle for Dan.

C. Revelation 4-5 begins with Jesus being exulted as our heavenly high Priest and the work in the heavenly sanctuary beginning. Interestingly Revelation 4 presents a first apartment setting with it's seven lamps and many censors of incense. This inauguration of Christ as our High Priest, and the opening of the sanctuary ministry took place on the day of Pentecost.

Compare this with Peter's sermon on the day of Pentecost:
Acts 2.32-33 "This Jesus has God raised up, and has now exalted by His right hand, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he has shed forth this, which ye now see and hear."

Revelation 4 and 5 show Christ being exalted in heaven, His sacrifice declared worthy and acceptable, the work of the sanctuary begun, and THE HOLY SPIRIT given to the church upon earth. The day of Pentecost marked the opening of Christ's work in the heavenly sanctuary. The first phase of His Priestly ministry had begun in the Holy Place.

Peter revealed this in his sermon in Acts 2:32-33
AA.038.003
Christ's ascension to heaven was the signal that His followers were to receive the promised blessing. For this they were to wait before they entered upon their work. When Christ passed within the heavenly gates, He was enthroned amidst the adoration of the angels. As soon as this ceremony was completed, the Holy Spirit descended upon the disciples in rich currents, and Christ was indeed glorified, even with the glory which He had with the Father from all eternity. The Pentecostal outpouring was Heaven's communication that the Redeemer's inauguration was accomplished. According to His promise He had sent the Holy Spirit from heaven to His followers as a token that He had, as priest and king, received all authority in heaven and on earth, and was the Anointed One over His people.

Conclusion on this Houteff's first paragraph.
He is building a rather shaking base to present his conclusion upon.
The four faces of the cherubim do not necessarily mean execution of judgment -- they accompany God's presence.

2. Ezekiel is prophesying the destruction of Jerusalem which is symbolic of the destruction of the world. When Jerusalem was destroyed ALL Jerusalem was destroyed. Only those who had come out were spared.

Ezekiel portrays the removal of God's presence from the Jewish temple where His shekinah glory once abided over the mercy seat.
The picture is that of a loving God loath to leave.
It begins with "one wheel upon the earth" -- 2:15
which the is "Lifted up from the earth" -- 2:19
and "stood over the threshold of the house" --10:4
Next "The glory of the LORD departed from off the threshold of the house" 10:18
"It stood at the door of the east gate of the LORD'S house" 10:19
Then "the glory of the LORD went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city." 11:22

It is God leaving the sanctuary, leaving the mercy seat, and this results in the destruction of Jerusalem.
They have rejected God and followed idol gods, and the true God is leaving their city.
Yes, it is a symbol of the close of probation when mercy ceases and all people's final destiny is sealed.

Jerusalem's destruction is a symbol of the destruction of the whole world.

When the execution of judgment takes place all the world will be destroyed, only those written in the Lamb's book of life will be spared.
True -- in that destruction those who have lead the people into error and unfitted them to accept redemption will be the first to receive the blow, but there is NO interlude of a peaceful kingdom in between. It all happens after probation has closed for all.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #169765
11/10/14 08:53 PM
11/10/14 08:53 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
In the next part of Houteff's "study" there is quite a bit of "jumping back and forth" which makes explaining it rather cumbersome -- but I'll try.

Originally Posted By: GLL posting Houteffs writings

This extension, so far as we are able to know now, must take place at the opening of the seventh seal (Rev. 8:1), for at that time the celestial voices, which opened the judgment of the dead, cease in the heavenly sanctuary and begin, after the half hour's silence, to sound on earth.

This assumes the trumpets follow the seven seals, which I do not agree with. Each of the SEVENS in the first half of Revelation deals with Christ's work in the Holy Place and leads into His work in the Most Holy Place. While the second half of Revelation deals with Christ's work in the Most Holy Place and leads to the full restoration of all things.

When the trumpets are placed after the seals it throws the whole Adventist message off -- you must then accept that the sealing is finished before the 2300 days end and before the Great Disappointment of 1844 and the rise of the Sabbath keeping Adventist church.
Houteff's writings here are in direct conflict with EGW who places the time frame between the sixth and seventh TRUMPET as taking place in the years 1790 - 1844.

The end of the 1260 years and the 2300 years take place between the sixth and seventh trumpets.

So right there Houteff's stepping stones do not work.

Originally Posted By: Houteff's study
With the judgment of the dead, however, the work of separation takes place in the books in the heavenly sanctuary; whereas with the judgment of the living, the separation takes place among the people in the church as well as among their names in the books in the heavenly sanctuary, thus showing that both sanctuaries will finally be cleansed.

The words are true in themselves, however, Houteff means something very different then what we see in scripture.

It's very true that during the pre-Advent judgment the living are to be cleansed of sin. Through the work of the Holy Spirit and submission to God's will their lives are to be purified and cleansed. This is an essential part of the judgment hour message.

Only those thus cleansed and fully committed to God will remain true to God when the crises comes, the rest will be shaken out. They will give up the truths they once knew and join the opposition -- they will join the great ecumenical movement that will present itself as the spiritual solution to earth's problems, and they too will determine those who hold to Adventist message must die.

However, Houteff isn't really talking about that, he is talking about the Adventists who "reject truth" as he sees it, all being killed, (purification by genocide) before the prophesied crises or great time of trouble arrives. Thus in his teachings, the opposition to Houteff's interpretations is done away with, and his followers can supposedly assume the position EGW assigns to the church, and lead people from all nations to Palestine to the supposed temporal kingdom of safety.

Originally Posted By: Houteff's study continued
Inescapably, therefore, the Lord's coming to His temple (Mal. 3:1-3), His coming with all His angels (Matt. 25), and His coming enthroned above the living creatures (Ezek. 1), -- all three representing the same event as has been shown, -- take place at the beginning of the judgment of the living: the time in which the judicial activities of the heavenly sanctuary extend to the earthly sanctuary -- the church.

Christ's coming suddenly to His temple in Mal. 3:13 refers to the pre-Advent judgment in totality, not to some execution of judgment on the living.

The pre-Advent judgment is all done prior to any execution of judgment.
True, we do not know when probation will close for the living. It will be sudden and final, and thus the message that TODAY is the day of salvation -- do not put it off, is so very, very important.

Originally Posted By: Houteffs study
"And I looked, and behold a white cloud," exclaimed John the Revelator, envisaging the same coming variously described by Malachi, Matthew, and Ezekiel, "and upon the cloud One sat like unto the Son of man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle.

And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in Thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for Thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. And He that sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped." Rev. 14:14-16.

The earth is to be reaped with the sickle.
The EARTH is not a symbol of the Adventist church.

Revelation 14:14-16 depict the second coming.

Originally Posted By: Houteffs study
This coming of the Son of man is plainly, therefore, not when the resurrected and the living righteous are caught up together to meet Him in the air: for verses 17-20, following the ones quoted in the paragraph above, reveal that after He came and reaped the earth, "another angel...having a sharp sickle" came and reaped a second harvest before the wrath of God -- the seven last plagues (Rev. 15:1) -- was poured out upon the wicked.

Revelation 14:14-16 Describes the second coming.
The whole earth is reaped during these verses.

Revelation 14:17-20 Describes the third coming after the 1000 years, when God's city is upon earth and the wicked dead of all ages are raised and are outside that city. It will be a terrible day for those who find themselves outside the New Jerusalem at that time.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #169820
11/13/14 07:43 AM
11/13/14 07:43 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
In continuing our study of two close of probations, we will look at Isaiah 66:15-19

"For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles."

Here we that a great destruction is set for "many". We notice that this cannot be the end of time for we see that some "escape" and then go out and bring in gentiles from around the world. It is the LORD who does the destroying.

This my brethren is foretelling-- Ezekiel 9 and the after effects. let us be ready . make your election sure, and be so careful not to listen to those whose own knowledge shall someday expose them as nay-sayers of God's true plans. Woe undo them and may God awake them before it is too late!

The half-hour silence shall prove so deadly ( a whole study in itself) for them as they will witness before their eyes what truth they have fought against. The gnashing of teeth shall be unbearable for they will know that they have lost.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 11/13/14 07:44 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #169875
11/15/14 05:52 AM
11/15/14 05:52 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Let us now look at more Spirit of prophecy and Scripture for further evidence:

"The church may appear as about to fall, but it does not fall. It remains, while the sinners in Zion will be sifted out—the chaff separated from the precious wheat. This is a terrible ordeal, but nevertheless it must take place.

None but those who have been overcoming by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony will be found with the loyal and true, without spot or stain of sin, without guile in their mouths. We must be divested of our self-righteousness and arrayed in the righteousness of Christ."(2 Selected Messages, p.380)

Let's break this down as God would have us:
1) We see that the remnant church of God (SDA) stands even yet future.
2) The sinners are "sifted" out. The chaff taken from the wheat.
3) This is a 'terrible ordeal". Must take place in order for God to have His pure church. The one spoken of in--

Isaiah 66:19-20- " And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.

And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD."

Prophets and Kings, p.725- "Clad in the armor of Christ’s righteousness, the church is to enter upon her final conflict. “Fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners” (Song of Solomon 6:10), she is to go forth into all the world, conquering and to conquer."

Nahum 1:15 -- "Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace! O Judah, keep thy solemn feasts, perform thy vows: for the wicked shall no more pass through thee; he is utterly cut off."

Testimonies, vol. 1, p.190 -- Many, I saw, were flattering themselves that they were good Christians, who have not a single ray of light from Jesus. They know not what it is to be renewed by the grace of God.

They have no living experience for themselves in the things of God. And I saw that the Lord was whetting His sword in heaven to cut them down. Oh, that every lukewarm professor could realize the clean work that God is about to make among His professed people! (Note this is a clean work to Laodicean Church not world's heathen)

Isaiah 4:3-4 -- "And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:

When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning."

Amos 9:1 -- "For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth. All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us."

(Woe unto them who are now saying this very thing! Calling His church judgment (Ezek. 9) as "the evil shall not overtake nor prevent us")

Malachi 3:3 -- "And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts."

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 11/15/14 05:54 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #169888
11/16/14 12:57 AM
11/16/14 12:57 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
In continuing our study of two close of probations, we will look at Isaiah 66:15-19

"For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

In studying Isaiah we must again understand that Isaiah is speaking about --
1)The coming destruction to his nation
2)The restoration from captivity (prior to Christ's first coming)
3)To Christ's first coming
4)And to Christ's second coming and the end of the world as we know it.

Multitudes of Christians make the mistake of misapplying these scriptures in Isaiah and other OT prophets, whether they be dispensationalists, futurists, or Shepherd Rod, and also the Marian apparitions.

The common thread running through all these misapplications is the teaching that after major troubles a righteous kingdom will be set up in this present world (usually in Palestine) that will be God's kingdom.

It's THE MAJOR focus of all false prophecy.
Indeed it's the message of the "false prophet" in Revelation.
It's the teaching of an earthly literal kingdom in this present world that will rule over and subdue and convert the nations.
Each one has dire predictions for anyone not looking for this kingdom. And the whole FOCUS of this earthly kingdom is the climax of Satan's ambition to sit as god and be worshipped as God. For it is the false prophet, spiritualism and papal leadership "working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty."
Oh they will say they are gathering them into the blessed kingdom, but it NOT God's kingdom.
"And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon." -- Palestine!!!

Anyone heading to Palestine to find God's kingdom will be terribly deceived for the last plague falls and it is TOO LATE to change kingdoms.

Don't be deceived.
One thing I agree with here -- this is SERIOUS!
Whose kingdom do you want to be in?
The earthly one that will attempt to be established in this present world, but will be destroyed when Christ comes in the clouds of fire and consuming brightness, or wait and be with Christ in heaven for 1000 years before God's kingdom is established on the earth made new?

Seventh-day Adventists stand in direct opposition of such a present earthly kingdom prophecy. We look for no kingdom here in this present world, we are pilgrims here, to point people to Christ and to heaven.

Seventh-day Adventists generally believe the promises and predictions given through the old Testament prophets originally applied to literal Israel and were to have been fulfilled to them on the condition that they obey God and remain loyal to Him.

Thus the texts above first applied to literal Israel that was facing destruction by fire and the sword of the heathen nations around them. The promise was there that even though they would face destruction, God would restore "a remnant". To this remnant Christ would be born to virgin in Bethlehem. And this remnant was to proclaim the news of salvation in Christ to the whole world!

The nations were to come to Israel, like the wise men from the east, to worship the Messiah.

But the restored remnant as a nation did not accept the Messiah, they rejected Him.

Yet, it was Jewish men and woman, (another remnant) that did carry the news of Christ to the then known world. They had accepted Christ, and through them the message was spread everywhere. And we can thank them for their witness of Christ.

And yes, Christ will come again in a fiery cloud with all His angels to execute judgment --
Many will sadly die, consumed by the "swords" of angry mobs who realize they are lost, as well as consumed by the brightness of Christ's coming.

Originally Posted By: GLL
Here we that a great destruction is set for "many". We notice that this cannot be the end of time for we see that some "escape" and then go out and bring in gentiles from around the world. It is the LORD who does the destroying.

And isn't that what happened? Who was it that went out to the world of Gentiles to spread the gospel message?

In most of the major destructions predicted in the scriptures, God says He will destroy, but it is armies that come and do the destroying. It was the Assyrians that destroyed the Northern kingdom. It was the Babylonians that destroyed Jerusalem, and after the restoration and the national rejection of the Messiah, the Romans came and destroyed it again.

In all those original destructions some escaped and God's message of salvation continued to be given to the world.

Originally Posted By: GLL
This my brethren is foretelling-- Ezekiel 9 and the after effects, let us be ready . make your election sure, and be so careful not to listen to those whose own knowledge shall someday expose them as nay-sayers of God's true plans. Woe undo them and may God awake them before it is too late!

Indeed make your calling and election sure --
Your probation could end anytime. Life is uncertain even at the best of times.
But when Ezekiel 9 takes place THERE WILL BE NO MORE PROBATION for anyone. Don't think you can escape and go to some earthly kingdom for safety. There is no earthly kingdom of safety. You're only safety is in Christ.

Another major problem of Shepherd Rod teachings is thinking they need to wait for Ezekiel 9 BEFORE they take the message of salvation to the world. -- Sorry, it will then be TOO LATE, now today, is the time to take the message to everyone who will listen. And that message is NOT about an earthly kingdom, but to resist joining the merging of nations in an earthly kingdom, and walk with Christ our Savior in humble obedience and love.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #169889
11/16/14 01:47 AM
11/16/14 01:47 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Let us now look at more Spirit of prophecy and Scripture for further evidence:

"The church may appear as about to fall, but it does not fall. It remains, while the sinners in Zion will be sifted out—the chaff separated from the precious wheat. This is a terrible ordeal, but nevertheless it must take place.

None but those who have been overcoming by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony will be found with the loyal and true, without spot or stain of sin, without guile in their mouths. We must be divested of our self-righteousness and arrayed in the righteousness of Christ."(2 Selected Messages, p.380)

That is speaking of the shaking.
Very true, trouble will come, the church will break apart, the greater part making peaceful arrangements with the ecumenical powers, and forsaking the truths of Adventism. There will be a HUGE Exodus, out of the Adventist church (and they will take many of the church's assets with them).

It will look like the church is about to fall, but it won't.

We are told:
"Standard after standard was left to trail in the dust, as company after company from the Lord's army joined the foe, and tribe after tribe from the ranks of the enemy united with the commandment-keeping people of God. 8T 41

But please note --
Adventists teachings do NOT say --
nothing will happen to those who fail to fully commit themselves to Christ,

It is by setting up that straw man that GLL misrepresents Adventist teachings. Indeed those who fail to fully commit themselves to Christ WILL fall in the judgment predicted by Ezekiel -- and as outlined in GC 656

But what Houteff and GLL dismiss is the TESTING TIME.
Before any judgment is executed there will be a TESTING TIME when those who profess to believe the three angel's message will reveal where they actually stand.

That TESTING TIME is the coming of opposition by powerful, legally endorsed religious movements. It will be pressure to join the ecumenical movement under the appearance of bringing the world back to God, and to keep Sunday in honor of Christ's resurrection and salvation, or suffer the severance of economic benefits or worse.

Those who are not fully committed to God and His commandments will be sifted out -- they will join the popular movement and be shaken out of God's commandment keeping church, and they will be busy putting pressure on their "former brethren" to do the same.

A decree will go forth that all who resist the movement and insist on the old Saturday Sabbath must die if peace is to come to the earth.

Yes, those who join that movement will sadly lose out on eternal life, and suffer destruction. Because God reverses that death decree and it will fall upon them, Ezekiel 9 will take place AFTER God delivers his people from death, and reveals His law and pronounces His blessing upon his commandment keeping people during the seventh plague. (See GC 656)

The wicked will be no more during the 1000 years, they will live again for a short space after the 1000 years, and then be cut off forever.

It is a serious thing.
Christ is offering each person eternal life --
Today is the day of salvation, there is no need to be lost.
Accept Him today and live for Him each day.

But Satan is out to deceive and that makes it very important that we do not accept false teachings.

Hold fast to the truth and do not place your hopes in earthly kingdoms or men (even if in glorious form) pretending to be antitypical king Davids.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #169958
11/18/14 08:15 AM
11/18/14 08:15 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
More on our study --

In Isaiah it is important to realize that much of his writings are projected in the future (our day--the end times), for instance--

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."(Isaiah 2:2-4)

Now anyone with the Spirit of Truth guiding them can see that this is yet future.

1) The mountain of the LORD's house is certainly His church (people)
2) ALL nations shall flow to it. Notice the church has people come unto it. being exalted above all other hills indicates it's power and conquering Spirit that draws the multitudes.
3) They will spread the word that the Lord's house is were they should go and it is found in ZION and "from Jerusalem".
4) War shall be no more in this last day. A time of trouble yet true peace for those who "go up to the Lord's house".

PLEASE watch out for those like Dedication who only want to chop, splice and twist the words of the Lord. She has NO CLUE on the Lord's Elijah message. These people shall soon find out what they have done. God's plans are not mocked, He word shall not return void.

Ok, let's look at the coming of the Lord, back to His temple in heaven that Isaiah saw after the COP for the church.

"Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength?

I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.

(There is only One mighty to save--Jesus)

Why is Your apparel red, And Your garments like the one who treads in the wine press?

(Blood stained garments!)

I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

(His awful church judgment)

For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

( While it is great and dreadful, the end result is that He now has His--redeemed! Ready to go out and go to work --Loud Cry)

Remember--"only those who overcome in the strength of the 'Mighty one" will be PERMITTED to take part in the Loud CRY (RH, Nov. 19, 1908) People like Dedication think that the bad guys and weak of faith will magically walk out of the SDA church, thereby leaving only the overcomers. What a pee brain idea. let's get real. The current leaders of our church are trying to corrupt it , NOT leave it. so how can the bad guys leave when they are doing what they can to adopt it to the world right now? Is there not corruption coming in left and right and Jesuit infiltration?

There shall be the loosing of the winds AFTER the 144,000 get sealed not before. And we know that those winds are the trouble of the Sunday law (Testimonies, vol.5, p.152) And that Ezek. 9 and the 144,000 sealing is ONE AND THE SAME as Rev. 7 sealings (Test. to MIN. p.445)

The only answer is for the Lord to 'take the reins into His own hands." (Testimonies to Min. p.300)

Further more we are all told that God's sanctuary is the "FIRST" to feel the stroke of God's wrath (Testimonies, vol. 5 ,p.211) If Ezek. 9 takes places during the 7th plague, that is in no way shape or form--First of God's wrath! The mouth sores, the torching heat, etc. are certainly "strokes of God's wrath" and come BEFORE the 7th plague.

As we have often pointed out there appears a double application of Ezek.9 (first is church then world)

May people like Dedication seriously study the following -

"There is to be in the [Seventh-day Adventist] churches a wonderful manifestation of the power of God, but it will not move upon those who have not humbled themselves before the Lord, and opened the door of the heart by confession and repentance.

In the manifestation of that power which lightens the earth with the glory of God, they will see only something which in their blindness they think dangerous, something which will arouse their fears, and they will brace themselves to resist it.

Because the Lord does not work according to their ideas and expectations they will oppose the work. "Why," they say, "should we not know the Spirit of God, when we have been in the work so many years?"--RH Extra, Dec. 23, 1890.

The third angel's message will not be comprehended, the light which will lighten the earth with its glory will be called a false light, by those who refuse to walk in its advancing glory."--RH May 27, 1890.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 11/18/14 08:22 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170287
12/01/14 07:22 AM
12/01/14 07:22 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
In continuing our study of two probations, one for the church first then another to the world, we'll look at more Scripture.

Jeremiah 23:18-20 --

"For who hath stood in the counsel of the LORD, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it? Behold, a whirlwind of the LORD is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.The anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly."

What do we as Truth seekers to "understand perfectly?" It is His soon to come judgement. It begins in the house of God (NOT world) (1 Peter 4:17)

Those who have diligently searched the Scriptures know that any who say "oh the Lord shall not execute judgment upon His church" shall fall upon the solemn prophetic end result--

Amos 9:9 --

"For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth. All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

So that we do not fall for people who say "Oh that was for the old days, the days where God cast upon the Jews in His destructions." Let us see the next verse in Amos for the correct time of this word.

"In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this."(Amos 9:11-12)

Thus, both, the Scriptures and the Spirit of Prophecy explain that He Himself will purify the church, and that when thus purified "the Gentiles shall see" her "righteousness and all kings" her "glory." Moreover, Christ in the parable explains that it is Satan's determined purpose to sow the tares among the wheat. (Matt. 13:38.)

As the "Blue Sunday Law" is to be enacted by Satan's own will, not by God's, then such a method to purify the church would not only be contrary to every inspired statement but also to Satan's determined purpose, for his aim is not to bring the tares and then pluck them out, but rather to choke out the wheat by their continued presence.

Neither is his intention to fulfill the prophecies, for that is what he would be doing if he should enact blue Sunday laws, but rather defeat them. Therefore, if the church is to be purified by Satan's laws he would be doing the work which God has assigned to His servants and which He is to do Himself.

Is Satan working for God's and His church's interest or against? If against, he will never do one thing to purify the church or to fulfill the prophecy.

The only thing that would compel him to pass blue Sunday laws and
go "to make war with the remnant of her seed" (with those that are left, Rev. 12:17) is the purity of the church when God by the slaughter weapons of Ezekiel Nine takes away the tares which received not the mark, and even then Satan will not enact "blue Sunday laws" until after he has exhausted every other weapon against the church.

Therefore, as long as the church remains in her present Laodicean condition, there will be no blue laws or "war" against her, but a bluff only to make her members believe that they are free from his snares and that he is still trying to cause them to fall.

But the worst of it all is in that they are sound asleep, which is shown by the fact that they still think Satan is working terribly hard to fulfill God's word by trying to pass blue laws and are not aware that he is only playing with them as a cat with a mouse, and the brethren "to whom the Lord has entrusted the spiritual interests of the people" ("Testimonies for the Church," Vol. 5, p. 211) instead of sounding the alarm to arouse the church are determined to even silence the voice of the Rod, and thus rocking her to a more sound sleep! (Sym. Code, vol. 2, no.1, p.9-10)

"Hear ye the Rod, and Whom has appointed it!" (Micah 6:9)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 12/01/14 07:27 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170344
12/03/14 02:53 AM
12/03/14 02:53 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
More on our study --

In Isaiah it is important to realize that much of his writings are projected in the future (our day--the end times), for instance--

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

And he shall judge among the nations,

Well, at least you have now shown the texts as to why you believe in the establishment of the 'temporal kingdom" in Jerusalem.
But you do realize these are also the texts the dispensationalists use for their millennial Jerusalem kingdom.

So the subject is not new, for it has been dealt with even years before Houteff tried to bring it into Adventism.
The very foundation of the Millerite Advent movement was in direct opposition to such interpretation of the scripture.

As you know, several centuries before Christ was born in Bethlehem, the Israelite kingdoms were destroyed because of their idolatry and sin. The Northern kingdom by Assyria in 722 BC and the Southern kingdom, 134 years later by the Babylonians in 586 BC.

The prophets like Isaiah had predicted this fall many times, but they also predicted a restoration and a return to their land. These prophecies predicted that the Messiah would come to them, born of a virgin, bringing comfort to Israel, purifying them and that the law was to go to all nations from Jerusalem. As a result, "the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising."
"And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD".

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Seventy weeks of years (70 X 7 = 490 years) were given to the restored nation to prepare for the coming of the Messiah. Messiah would come and as the book of Hebrews noted “He appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself” (Heb. 9:26) And as Paul wrote; “God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself” and “we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son” (2 Cor. 5:19 & Romans 5:10) He would give everlasting righteousness to His followers; “For He has made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him”. (Cor. 5:21)

God fulfilled His promise --
And
Through the prophets He was offering Israel the position to be the example to the world of a nation that accepted the Messiah, and due to this acceptance the blessings of God would be on their nation, and like a light on a mountain all nations would be drawn to God and His covenant.

This is what God was offering to the Jewish people.

But
The Jewish nation as a nation rejected the Messiah. But for another three and half years, the covenant gospel was preached to them with power!
The gospel was to be preached, first to the Jews. It was in Jewish territories that Jesus had preached and healed, and ministered. It was in Jerusalem where He had taught in the temple, and where He was crucified. And there were in Jerusalem and the surrounding areas many who had secretly believed on Jesus, and many who had been deceived by the priests and rulers. To these also the gospel was to be presented. And many did accept Christ, even some of the priests.

Remember God wanted to make Jerusalem the center from which His truths would go forth. But the nation closed the door to God’s invitation. Angered by the many conversions, the leadership brought Stephen, a powerful preacher and deacon of the fledgling church, before the council.

He preached a powerful sermon concerning God's covenantal care for their nation, and how they had rejected Christ the Son of God come down from heaven to them.
And they killed Stephen.

The seventy weeks of years ended in A. D. 34. By the stoning of Stephen the Jews finally sealed their rejection of the gospel; the disciples who were scattered abroad by persecution "went everywhere preaching the word" (Acts 8:4)

The promise that out of Jerusalem would come the gospel truth was still fulfilled, but in a different way.

Paul wrote:
Col. 1:23 "If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister".

The gospel did go out from Jerusalem to the whole world.
And that message will lighten the world -- not now centered in present Jerusalem, but all over the world!

And indeed someday all nations will flow to Jerusalem, but it won't be that old city we see today, it will be the NEW Jerusalem come down from heaven,(Rev 21) the home of the saved, where they will live with Christ forever.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170346
12/03/14 03:19 AM
12/03/14 03:19 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Is Satan working for God's and His church's interest or against? If against, he will never do one thing to purify the church or to fulfill the prophecy?

Satan is working against the church. And he does not change prophecy -- prophecy predicts what he will do through his agents. And he will do what prophecy predicts.

Satan's aim in bringing in mandatory religious legislation is not to purify the church but to destroy it.
It will look like the legislation is purifying the nation of many sinful things, it will look very deceptive.
And many will be destroyed for eternity who fail to realize this will take place.

With great craftiness he is working NOW to erase from people's minds that Sunday will be the test.
He does this in many ways:
1) Majority of Christians now believe the Sabbath was "nailed to the cross" -- it's no longer binding so why would it be a test?
2) Many who do still go to church on Saturday, don't really take the Sabbath too seriously, why would they put their lives on the line for the Sabbath?
3) Bringing in a lot of confusion on datelines, and polar regions to make it seem like nobody can even know when the Sabbath is -- yet the world has no problem knowing when Sunday is! Yet, if people think we don't know anyway, why risk one's life to keep it?
4) Causing people to value ease, more than righteousness.
5) Distracting people with the cares of this life so they won't be anchored in Christ.

Satan has another aim as well--
That is to have the whole world worship him as god.
He has crafted a Christianity of worship that appears to be godly, but is in defiance of God's law. Indeed he will move ahead with his Sunday project, and other projects that will appear to be bringing people back to God, while on the other hand destroying and bringing calamity.

Thus the work is going on NOW as to which side people will be on.

1) The deceptive work, that supposedly will bring peace on earth and unite all people in worship.

2) The purifying work in the hearts of God's people, so they will stand true, no matter how deceptive the counterfeit appears.

The Sunday law brings the great shaking --
it will make a distinct divide.
Then God's people will shine forth.
Inspite of Satan's attempts to totally neutralize the Sabbath/Sunday issue, the Holy Spirit will descend with great power upon God's faithful.

The purifying work must now take place in the hearts of people --
Yes, it is only God that works in us to do this.
And yes, God can and will turn satan's plans to His advantage for those who love and serve Him. He has done this all through history.

The Sunday laws will make it clear who is on what side.
"This is the test that the people of God must have before they are sealed. All who prove their loyalty to God by observing His law, and refusing to accept a spurious sabbath, will rank under the banner of the Lord God Jehovah, and will receive the seal of the living God. Those who yield the truth of heavenly origin, and accept the Sunday sabbath, will receive the mark of the beast.... {Mar 164.4}

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!