HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 2,815 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #170624
12/13/14 07:37 AM
12/13/14 07:37 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Somehow my last post got scrambled and lost half of what I wrote???? Don't know what happened?

So I'll try again.

But no, I haven't rescinded anything - I simply repeated what apparently you missed.

See post a few pages back
I simply gave more information on the same thing, and scripture was supplied.

Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
Ded- If you recall the prophecy found in Isaiah, was made to Israel prior to their captivity. They were promised that they would be re-gathered to their home land. And true to God's promise the temple and city was rebuilt. (See Ezra and Nehemiah)

Amazing! Now instead of explaining how she can produce Scriptural/SOP to back up her declaring that Isaiah 2:2-3 has a "New earth" application (which we all saw her make) she now reverts back to "oh that Scripture means the days of old Israel."

What happened to proof for your statement, you rescind that belief? Or can't find anything from Inspiration showing that --"last days = New earth?

No, I never said the New Earth is the "last days".
The New Earth comes after the final executive judgment.
The "last days" were part of what was God's original plan for Isreal as a nation -- in the last days of the 490 year probation they were to accept Christ and be the light to the world.

The problem we've encountered several times is you apparently don't believe the prophets of old were first and foremost talking to their own people. Thus you insist that every detail concerning the prophecy applies to our day.

But that is not the case -- what originally applied to literal Israel and their land and immediate geographical situation is adapted to a new situation after the plan for the Jewish nation is transferred to all nations that accept Christ as their Lord and Savior.

So when Isaiah writes the "last days" he is talking first to his own people. To their time of probation.

Much of Isaiah's prophecies were concerning Christ's coming who was to come in the last "days" of their 490 year probation.

God place His people at the crossroads of the ancient civilizations and provided them with every facility for becoming the greatest nation on the face of the earth.

" God desired to make of His people Israel a praise and a glory. Every spiritual advantage was given them. God withheld from them nothing favorable to the formation of character that would make them representatives of Himself.
Their obedience to the law of God would make them marvels of prosperity before the nations of the world. {COL 288}

The conditions governing the promises were clearly set forth before they even entered into the land of Canaan, as we read in the blessings pronounced upon mount Gerizim, and the curse upon mount Ebal.
(See Deut. 28-30)

30:15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

However, their prophecies ALSO reach out beyond the time, and the prophecies not realized to Israel will find fulfillment by the gospel accepting/commandment keeping church. Yet, the gospel was never confined to a city or geographical place.

Jesus dialogue with the Samaritan woman:
John 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
4:21 Jesus said unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

Christians are found all over the earth, and when Christ comes they will still be scattered all over the earth for
Matt. 24 tells us
24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The fundamental principle in understanding prophecies made to ancient Israel that, due to their rejection of Christ were not fulfilled to them, is to go to the NEW TESTAMENT and see how they are now applied.

That is the "inspired" source to look to and compare.

Unless we do that, our interpretations of prophecies concerning Israel and their land are "fraught with great danger".

It is clear in both the NT and in EGW's writings that the nations of the saved will flow to worship into the New Jerusalem.

And I quoted the verses from Rev. 22 showing this.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170627
12/13/14 03:31 PM
12/13/14 03:31 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
My first answer to Isaiah 3
Originally Posted By: Dedication on December 7
The words last days = don’t necessarily mean our time, they simply mean “last days”.

Hebrews 1:1,2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Has in these last days spoken unto us by his Son.

So it can also refer to the “last days” of a period of time -- like the allotted 490 years given to the nation to prepare for the coming Messiah.

Indeed if in the last days of the 490 years, when the Son of God was walking on the dusty roads of Palestine, and confirming the covenant with the Jewish people, had the nation accepted Christ as their Messiah, they would have been a light to the world to all nations.

But in spite of the national rejection of Christ, the LORD’S word did go forth from Jerusalem to all the world, as the followers of Christ (Jewish men and women) went forth carrying the gospel.

And the prophecy will be fulfilled again in completeness, when the NEW Jerusalem comes down from heaven, and all the saved nations will go to that great city to worship and learn more about God.

As Revelation points out concerning the NEW Jerusalem --

Rev. 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
21:26 "And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it."

The 490 days/years allotted to the Jewish nation can be found in Daniel 9.
This was further enlarged in the following post of Dec. 12

Originally Posted By: Dedication Dec 12
If you recall the prophecy found in Isaiah, was made to Israel prior to their captivity. They were promised that they would be re-gathered to their home land. And true to God's promise the temple and city was rebuilt. (See Ezra and Nehemiah)

According to Daniel 9 we read that after the decree to rebuild was given they were given 70 weeks of 7 or 490 years.
This was their allotted time -- their probationary time.

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

They were to forsake their sinful ways and be in covenant relationship with God. Near the end of those 490 years the Messiah came and made reconciliation for iniquity through His death, and ratify and offer the new everlasting covenant to His people. He is the "most holy" who was anointed at His baptism.

They were to accept the Messiah and be a light to the whole world to which the nations would flock and learn about the true God.

THE LAST DAYS of the prophecy refer to the last of that time period.
It was in those last days that Son of God HIMSELF, Emmanuel, God with us, came and lived, walked, talked among them.
This was their destiny, their purpose.

490 years were given to them
In the last days of their probationary time they faced two doors -- Isaiah, in several places, describing one of those doors of a glorious righteous nation--

Daniel pictures the other door -- that three and half years after Christ's sacrifice to reconcile them to God, the nation (as a nation) sealed their destiny by stoning Stephen who presented to them a covenant summons, (Acts 7) and so they chose the second door.

Daniel 9 shows the other door. -- the one they chose in their last days of probationary time as God's nation.

9:27 And he (Christ) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, (by His sacrificial death) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Jerusalem's "last days" ended in 34 AD it's destiny sealed to be desolate until the consummation. There will be no re-emergence of old Jerusalem as God's city of righteousness.

But God's promises will be fulfilled to His faithful.
For we look for the NEW JERUSALEM which is above and which is free, the mother of us all. (Galatians 4:26)
We want Christ to write His name and the name of God's city, the NEW JERUSALEM on our foreheads (Rev. 3:12) with the blessed promise that we will be citizens of the heavenly kingdom.

Old Jerusalem will NEVER be rebuilt --
""I also saw that Old Jerusalem never would be built up;"
EW 75
What part of NEVER do they not understand?
God showed EGW that Jerusalem would NEVER be built up.
God doesn't give us truth and then turn around and uproot it for something else.

Now there is a lot of building going on over there.
It seems plenty clear that she was referring to OLD JERUSALEM will never be built up as the "city of God".

Daniel 9 outlines the history of old Jerusalem -- 490 years, till the Messiah comes to confirm the covenant, be "cut off" as the sacrifice to which all sacrifices pointed, and because of the nations rejection of the Messiah of the Covenant the city is left desolate.

And Jesus confirms Daniels prediction
“Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. Matt.23:38.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #170629
12/13/14 05:09 PM
12/13/14 05:09 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- No, I never said the New Earth is the "last days".
The "last days" were part of what was God's original plan for Isreal as a nation -- in the last days of the 490 year probation they were to accept Christ and be the light to the world.

Ok then what are you doing telling us that Isaiah 2:2-3 has an application in the New Earth period? The "last days" as we have conclusively showed cannot be this period of time. Further, it cannot cover your idea of the old Israel days.

Ded-The problem we've encountered several times is you apparently don't believe the prophets of old were first and foremost talking to their own people. Thus you insist that every detail concerning the prophecy applies to our day.

But that is not the case -- what originally applied to literal Israel and their land and immediate geographical situation is adapted to a new situation after the plan for the Jewish nation is transferred to all nations that accept Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Ok let's look at the Inspired quote from the Lord again--

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.(verse 2)

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem."(verse 3)

Ok let's carefully look at what is said by the Lord, through Isaiah.

1) "Now it shall come to pass..." What come to pass? ALL the following words that are to follow pertaining to this reference. This right here means that the words he is about to speak SHALL be done. No if's maybe or butts.

2) What is to be done? The Lord's people ( see Daniel 9:20 for evidence that mountain means God's people) are to be established above and exalted of all the nations around and ALL nations are to flow to it

3) What does flow to it mean? It means come up to it, God's place where the further reference tells us.

4) Again, "Many people shall come Come where? the answer comes shortly

5) "Come ,let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. This can only mean His church, his --house.

6) Why do all the nations go there? Because "He will teach us His ways, and we shall walk in His paths."

7) Here is where we find where this place shall be-- "For out of ZION shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem

Now, after we see what this is saying , we must ask ourselves the following--

1) Did the all nations of the earth AFTER Isaiah prophesied this, ever do this? Can we locate a time in history where the all nations of the earth came up to Jerusalem to get the word from the Lord?

The answer is obviously--no.

further as we see there can only be fulfillment of this prior to the second coming because ,as we've shown and Dedication has not shown, there cannot be a New earth application here. Last days are not new Earth days.

Why is this important? Because if we doubt what he will do, we doubt Him!

Ded --So when Isaiah writes the "last days" he is talking first to his own people. To their time of probation.

Cannot be, read the above reason.

Ded-It is clear in both the NT and in EGW's writings that the nations of the saved will flow to worship into the New Jerusalem.

I have no disagreement with this statement. BUT Isaiah is talking of these to 'come to pass" in the "last days" not in the New earth days (Isaiah 2:2-3). That is my original point. it was you who denied it, and tried to put two time periods to it that cannot be, as shown.

To look at what it is really saying, we should understand that the Lord will establish a "house of Jacob" in the holy land in the "last days". The reason-- to have the world (all nations) learn His truth. yes, this wil be in the same time as the counter movement--the "Beast system. But the point being that the Lord will leave mankind with no excuse to make the right choice.This is the final "Great Controversy."

"Each of the ancient prophets spoke less for their time than for ours, so that their prophesying is in force for us." (Selected Messages, vol. 3, p.338) -- Isaiah 2:2-3 is a perfect example.

Let's "take the Bible as it reads"(GCp. 598-599) instead of trying to mislead the people (wrong time period for fulfillment). God does not wink at this.You can't pull a quote out and apply it to another time, when that quote itself disallows it, plain and simple.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 12/13/14 05:39 PM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170631
12/13/14 11:40 PM
12/13/14 11:40 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Ded- No, I never said the New Earth is the "last days".

Ok then what are you doing telling us that Isaiah 2:2-3 has an application in the New Earth period? The "last days" as we have conclusively showed cannot be this period of time. Further, it cannot cover your idea of the old Israel days.

It is precisely because it didn't happen when it was supposed to have happened, that a different interpretation is necessary.

It was SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN in the last days of Jerusalem's probationary time. The "last days" of Jerusalems 490 years of probationary time.

But it couldn't happen because the nation rejected the very ONE who could make it possible for them.

What originally applied to literal Israel and their land and immediate geographical situation is adapted to a new situation after the plan meant for the Jewish nation, but couldn't be filfulled because of their unbelief, is transferred to all nations that accept Christ as their Lord and Savior.

I see you CHANGED my sentence making it seem like I said something that I did not:
GLL wrote --I have no disagreement with this statement. BUT Isaiah is talking of these to 'come to pass" in the "last days" not in the New earth days (Isaiah 2:2-3).
You changed my meaning in order to "agree"? When obviously you don't agree for I wrote that Isaiah was talking about the LAST DAYS OF JERUSALEM'S PROBATIONARY TIME -- the last days of the 490 years and what was meant to take place at that time.

Indeed Jerusalem was to exalted above all other religions and all nations were to flow to them to learn about salvation and their commitment to the Messiah to which all their rituals had pointed.

Originally Posted By: COL page 288-290
" God desired to make of His people Israel a praise and a glory. Every spiritual advantage was given them. God withheld from them nothing favorable to the formation of character that would make them representatives of Himself.
Their obedience to the law of God would make them marvels of prosperity before the nations of the world....

"Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments,
and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them. Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the Lord thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which He sware unto thy fathers; and He will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: He will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which He sware unto thy fathers to give thee. Thou shalt be blessed above all people. . . . And the Lord will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee." Deuteronomy 7:6, 9, 11-15. {COL 288.4}
If they would keep His commandments, God promised to give them the finest of the wheat, and bring them honey out of the rock. With long life would He satisfy them, and show them His salvation.... {COL 289.1}

"Behold," said Moses, "I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the Lord my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it. Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and
your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon Him for? And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?" Deuteronomy 4:5-8.
The children of Israel were to occupy all the territory which God appointed them....

So we see plainly that this WAS God's plan for Jerusalem to occupy. Especially "in the last days" of their probationary time of 490 years, when God sent His Son to dwell among them, confirm the covenant with them; was the door open for them to be this wondrous nation to which all nations would flow to find truth.

The IF'S (conditions) are there -- it's just that you are not looking at the whole context, but simply lifting out those two verses.

Quote:
Christ would have averted the doom of the Jewish nation if the people had received Him. But envy and jealousy made them implacable. They determined that they would not receive Jesus of Nazareth as the Messiah. They rejected the Light of the world, and henceforth their lives were surrounded with darkness as the darkness of midnight. The doom foretold came upon the Jewish nation....

That which God purposed to do for the world through Israel, the chosen nation, He will finally accomplish through His church on earth today. He has "let out His vineyard
unto other husbandmen," even to His covenant-keeping people, who faithfully "render Him the fruits in their seasons." Never has the Lord been without true representatives on this earth who have made His interests their own. These witnesses for God are numbered among the spiritual Israel, and to them will be fulfilled all the covenant promises made by Jehovah to His ancient people. {PK 713.1}

Today the church of God is free to carry forward to completion the divine plan for the salvation of a lost race. For many centuries God's people suffered a restriction of their liberties. The preaching of the gospel in its purity was prohibited, and the severest of penalties were visited upon those who dared disobey the mandates of men. As a consequence, the Lord's great moral vineyard was almost wholly unoccupied. The people were deprived of the light of God's word. The darkness of error and superstition threatened to blot out a knowledge of true religion. God's church on earth was as verily in captivity during this long period of relentless persecution as were the children of Israel held captive in Babylon during the period of the exile. {PK 714.1}
But, thank God, His church is no longer in bondage. To spiritual Israel have been restored the privileges accorded the people of God at the time of their deliverance from Babylon. In every part of the earth, men and women are responding to the Heaven-sent message which John the revelator prophesied would be proclaimed prior to the second coming of Christ: "Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come." Revelation 14:7...As the captive exiles heeded the message, "Flee out of the midst of Babylon" (Jeremiah 51:6), and were restored to the Land of Promise, so those who fear God today are heeding the message to withdraw from spiritual Babylon, and soon they are to stand as trophies of divine grace in the earth made new, the heavenly Canaan. {PK 715.1}

The coming of Christ will take place in the darkest period of this earth's history. The days of Noah and of Lot picture the condition of the world just before the coming of the Son of man. The Scriptures, pointing forward to this time, declare that Satan will work with all power and "with all deceivableness of unrighteousness." 2 Thessalonians 2:9, 10. ....

Christ is coming with power and great glory. He is coming with His own glory and with the glory of the Father. And the holy angels will attend Him on His way. While all the world is plunged in darkness, there will be light in every dwelling of the saints. They will catch the first light of His second appearing. The unsullied light will shine from His splendor, and Christ the Redeemer will be admired by all who have served Him. While the wicked flee, Christ's followers will rejoice in His presence. {PK 720.2}
Then it is that the redeemed from among men will receive their promised inheritance. Thus God's purpose for Israel will meet with literal fulfillment. That which God purposes, man is powerless to disannul. Even amid the working of evil, God's purposes have been moving steadily forward to their accomplishment. It was thus with the house of Israel throughout the history of the divided monarchy; it is thus with spiritual Israel today. {PK 720.3}
The seer of Patmos, looking down through the ages to the time of this restoration of Israel in the earth made new, testified: {PK 720.4}
"I beheld, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and
tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. {PK 720.5}

It's not "doubting" God's Word at all to realize what He intended for national Israel in ancient times.

And yes, even though the details are adjusted FROM the geographical place and applied to God's people all over the earth, the promises will still come to pass.

It is this "adjustment" that you deny.
But that adjustment can be seen in scripture and EGW.

God's truth will be proclaimed,
It will be exalted.

But that does not include a centralized government in OLD JERUSALEM.

In no way does the end time picture in Revelation show ALL nations flowing to old Jerusalem. It's quite the opposite, they are all FLOWING to the beast and dragon and false prophet. And Daniel tells us it is the "king of the North" the confederate religions under the pope's leadership power, that will set up their tabernacle in that "mountain".

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #170632
12/14/14 12:42 AM
12/14/14 12:42 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- It was SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN in the last days of Jerusalem's probationary time. The "last days" of Jerusalems 490 years of probationary time.

Again, you are saying that the Lord's word "shall come to pass" does not mean that. In other words you are destroying His plain words of what He will do.

We must take the Bible as it reads unless figures or symbols are used. GC p.598-599

No where is there a contingency to this word of God. You try to use Isaiah 1:19 "if you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it." As the conditional words to Isaiah 2:2-3 being fulfilled.

But look further on the next verses. Notice that if they do not obey He will do the following:

"How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water. Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:

"Then I will restore your judges as at the first, And your counselors as at the beginning; After that you will be called the city of righteousness, A faithful city." (Isaiah 1:21-26)

So what does the condition of not obeying bring--His judgments! But notice something important , after His cleansing He promises to restore His people (verse 26)

You see Dedication's short sighted picking and choosing does not work. It is nothing more than private interpretation, which I have warned her should be corrected, lest no remedy is available.

Ded- You changed my meaning in order to "agree"? When obviously you don't agree for I wrote that Isaiah was talking about the LAST DAYS OF JERUSALEM'S PROBATIONARY TIME -- the last days of the 490 years and what was meant to take place at that time.

Again your "conditional" belief of Isaiah 2:2-3 is a house of cards, as shown.

Ded- In no way does the end time picture in Revelation show ALL nations flowing to old Jerusalem. It's quite the opposite, they are all FLOWING to the beast and dragon and false prophet. And Daniel tells us it is the "king of the North" the confederate religions under the pope's leadership power, that will set up their tabernacle in that "mountain".

I've seen you "Counterfiet Kingdom" report and the holes that exist. Will comment on that as well later

So what are we left with? Two options.

1) We can say that it was conditional as Dedication believes.

But this cannot be so because His word, The Lord's cannot return void, and it says “Shall come to pass.” The passage itself has 10 “shalls” which emphatically points to it sure fulfillment. All nations shall go up to Jerusalem to hear the word and law of the Lord. As mentioned Isaiah under the Spirit of the Lord, was no doubt looking down towards our day. He spoke more for us than for his time (SLM, vol.3, p.338)

2) His word shall come true as He has said.

Meaning that literally, the city of Jerusalem shall be the headquarters for the final proclamation of the gospel- Loud Cry. If we are honest seekers of the truth and weigh it all out, this must be our conclusion and faith. Keep in mind this city may not be rebuilt where it is today.

Note: this is just one of many Scriptures that say the same thing-- Jerusalem and Israel shall be inhabited by God's people in the last days. They are the Lord's plain declarations, with no ifs, maybes, or buts. For instance, in our next lesson on the pre- millennial kingdom we shall look at Isaiah chapter 11.

Bottom line, let's take heed to believe in His word as spoken by the prophets. The Jews doubted Christ's word because they held onto “one” prophet despite the many teachings of the others pointing to a later fulfillment of the kingdom. They wanted it immediately, and had little knowledge of when it would come.

So too, we as God's people, Laodiceans, have mostly fallen into this same Satan trick, we don't know much about the kingdom or how it will truly arrive because we only understand one prophet EGW, to the disregard of the Elijah prophet sent by the Lord prior to the great and dreadful day of the Lord.All I can say is "Lord count me in, I'm ready when you say--"Go".

Lastly, for those who are wondering when this kingdom begins, the message tells us that it is to begin setting up during or right after the next world war (over Israel).Who can deny that there is tremendous tension right now over there? Get ready cause it will explode very shortly.His word declares it! A whole new subject in itself!

“The unbelief that demands perfect knowledge will never yield to the evidence that God is pleased to give. He requires of His people faith that rests upon weight of evidence, not upon perfect knowledge. Those followers of Christ who accept the light that God sends them must obey the voice of God speaking to them when there are many other voices crying out against it. It requires discernment to distinguish the voice of God. “ (Testimonies, vol. 3, p.258)

“Hold not to what fabricated ideas seem to make Scripture say, but grip tenaciously to what the word,in simplicity, plainly says.” (Tract 10, p.13)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 12/14/14 12:58 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170634
12/14/14 01:12 AM
12/14/14 01:12 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Ded- It was SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN in the last days of Jerusalem's probationary time. The "last days" of Jerusalems 490 years of probationary time.

Again, you are saying that the Lord's word "shall come to pass" does not mean that. In other words you are destroying His plain words of what He will do.

No - that is your twist on things.
God did exactly what he said he would do.

GLL: We must take the Bible as it reads unless figures or symbols are used. GC p.598-599

Indeed, but we must also take it in it's full context as pertains to history, the story of salvation, and, using your words, -- the unfolding of truth.

GLL: No where is there a contingency to this word of God. You try to use Isaiah 1:19 "if you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it." As the conditional words to Isaiah 2:2-3 being fulfilled.

That was just one example I gave,
If you read -- the context and condition of all promises to Israel was established prior to their entering the land of Canaan -- at the Mt. of Blessings and curses (Deut. 28-30)

GLL wrote: But look further on the next verses. Notice that if they do not obey He will do the following:

"How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water. Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:

"Then I will restore your judges as at the first, And your counselors as at the beginning; After that you will be called the city of righteousness, A faithful city." (Isaiah 1:21-26)

Yes, and God did exactly that --
Remember once again that Isaiah wrote prior to Israel's first destruction.
Yes, that's exactly what happened, the armies came and purged the kingdom of Israel off the map, leaving it in ruins, while a faithful remnant was taken captive -- people like Daniel and his three companions.

Then God restored them, he sent them Ezra and Nehemiah, and prophets to re-establish them and set up a "righteous" kingdom. We read in Ezra how judges who taught God's law were to be set up. How much God did to get them started on the right track, giving them another 490 years of probation to prepare for the coming of the Messiah!

That was the whole plan -- they were to be a city of righteousness.
This was to culminate in their kingdom being set above other kingdoms with all nations coming to them to find truth.

BUT as we see in Daniel 9 which lays out the whole history of the restored Jerusalem that was given 490 more years.
They rejected the Prince of the Covenant -- the Messiah.
Thus their CITY is left desolate until the consummation.

Yet, as far as the Jewish people did accepted Him, God could fulfill the promise. We do find people from all nations in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:5) when Peter preached and 5000 were converted; everyone understanding the gospel message in their own language (Acts 2) The wonderful truth of salvation DID go out from Jerusalem to all the world.

GLL wrote: Again your "conditional" belief of Isaiah 2:2-3 is a house of cards, as shown.

No, it's not a house of cards, it was the reality of what happened.
After being "cleansed" and "restored" they still, as a nation, ended up rejecting the Messiah, and thus the promise could not be carried out in it's fullness, but it did happen as far as it through Jewish people who did accept Christ.

It will be completely fulfilled ONLY in the NEW JERUSALEM, after the whole world is cleansed-- that's the only time when ALL nations (everyone) will be joyously worshipping the God of our Salvation.

And beware -- I have no doubt that you will boo hoo the "counterfeit" kingdom study, but it was given for a warning.

An OLD Jerusalem kingdom is A TRAP, a deception,
It is Satan using those OT prophecies to his advantage --
It's not just SR, that are doing this -- it is A LOT OF PEOPLE who are looking for a kingdom of righteousness -- the kingdom of God in OLD JERUSALEM, and believe it or not, most think a counterfeit will precede the true, so satan has both ends covered when he appears as the glorious Messiah) and yes it will be a masterful delusion.
I wish and pray you would realize that.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #170646
12/16/14 06:36 AM
12/16/14 06:36 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- No - that is your twist on things.
God did exactly what he said he would do.

Let's repeat, He said he will make something "come --to--pass" -- a house of His people established above all the other people from Zion, and His word to go out from JERUSALEM. But here is key -- ALL NATIONS. let me repeat that, ALL NATIONS shall 'flow to it" and this is in the LAST days.

Keep these promised words firmly in mind "ALL NATIONS--LAST DAYS--SHALL -- JERUSALEM

We've already established that this did not take place in "your idea" of the end of the 490 years NOR any time from Isaiah's time. I researched this time period and found out that almost exclusively, turmoil and revolts, war,disaster and invasions came upon Jerusalem after Isaiah's time. Certainly not "ALL NATIONS" came up to Jerusalem to get the word of the Lord since Isaiah's time.

Ded- Indeed, but we must also take it in it's full context as pertains to history, the story of salvation, and, using your words, -- the unfolding of truth.

"Unfolding of truth" are not my words, but they are Inspirations--

“Those who train the mind to seize upon everything which they can use as a peg to hang a doubt upon, and suggest these thoughts to other minds, will always find occasion to doubt.

They will question and criticize everything that arises in the unfolding of truth, criticize the work and position of others, criticize every branch of the work in which they have not themselves a part.

They will feed upon the errors and mistakes and faults of others, ‘until,’ said the angel, ‘the Lord Jesus shall rise up from His mediatorial work in the heavenly sanctuary, and shall clothe Himself with the garments of vengeance, and surprise them at their unholy feast; and they will find themselves unprepared for the marriage supper of the Lamb.’

Their taste has been so perverted that they would be inclined to criticize even the table of the Lord in His kingdom.”—(Testimonies for the Church, Vol. V, p. 690.)

Notice it is not AFTER the unfolding of truth, but during it, that He "shall rise up" and "surprise them at their unholy feast."
Another reference showing a church purification.

I said, "No where is there a contingency to this word of God. You try to use Isaiah 1:19 "if you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it." As the conditional words to Isaiah 2:2-3 being fulfilled."

Ded-That was just one example I gave,
If you read -- the context and condition of all promises to Israel was established prior to their entering the land of Canaan -- at the Mt. of Blessings and curses (Deut. 28-30)

Again, if one uses your logic then every one of His "shall's", "wills", "Come to pass" are reduced to nothing and are empty promises. They are void words spoken that return void. A thing that CANNOT exist with God, else He's not God. If after Deut.28-30, God is playing with His promises--I WILL, I SHALL, etc. then we have BIG trouble, because there are literally many many of these.

Further, God said through His prophetess--

"That which God purposed to do for the world through Israel, the chosen nation, He will finally accomplish through His church on earth today. He has “let out His vineyard unto other husbandmen,” even to His covenant-keeping people, who faithfully “render Him the fruits in their seasons.”

Never has the Lord been without true representatives on this earth who have made His interests their own. These witnesses for God are numbered among the spiritual Israel, and to them will be fulfilled all the covenant promises made by Jehovah to His ancient people.

What does Inspiration tell us here? ALL, and there is that key word ALL, the covenant PROMISES made by Jehovah are to be fulfilled to His last day people.

God made six covenants with Israel. They are the following:

Abrahamic Covenant
Mosaic Covenant
Sabbatic Covenant
Palestinian or Land Covenant
Davidic Covenant
New Covenant

"Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:

Like we say "context" is key many times. You have said that Isaiah 1:19-20 is a contingency for the promise of Isaiah 2:2-3. As shown this cannot be, further if we look at how God make's His city a righteous city, it all flows IN CONTEXT from Isaiah 1:26 right to Isaiah 2:2-3 in the "last days" an "exalted House" where ALL nation flow. So the correct flow context, I would argue is not an application from Isaiah's time (or after) to suddenly our "last days" time(Isaiah 2:2-3)

Again, each of the ancient prophets spoke more for our time then theirs (SLM, vol. 3, p. 338). This is why I believe the context flow was written Inspirationally through Isaiah TO US TODAY as Inspiration says.

Ded-An OLD Jerusalem kingdom is A TRAP, a deception,
It is Satan using those OT prophecies to his advantage --
It's not just SR, that are doing this -- it is A LOT OF PEOPLE who are looking for a kingdom of righteousness -- the kingdom of God in OLD JERUSALEM, and believe it or not, most think a counterfeit will precede the true, so satan has both ends covered when he appears as the glorious Messiah) and yes it will be a masterful delusion.
I wish and pray you would realize that.

We shall see. Inspiration has some good counsel--

"Whenever the study of the Scriptures is entered upon without a prayerful, humble, teachable spirit, the plainest and simplest as well as the most difficult passages will be wrested from their true meaning."(GC p. 521)

"The word of God is plain to all who study it with a prayerful heart. Every truly honest soul will come to the light of truth. “Light is sown for the righteous.” Psalm 97:11. And no church can advance in holiness unless its members are earnestly seeking for truth as for hid treasure." (Ibid, p.521-522)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 12/16/14 07:35 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170649
12/16/14 10:31 AM
12/16/14 10:31 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Truth has unfolded -- Christ has come. The kingdom of Grace has been established.

True, what happened to Israel is for our example, we need to learn from it, and take heed that our relationship with God is genuine.
True, much of Isaiah's prophecies ALSO apply to us, but we need to see them IN THE LIGHT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT -- as truth has unfolded.

But lets go over Isaiah 1 and 2 once more.
As you obviously do not understand what I said.

And all your cry about God not being faithful if He doesn't expect us all to flock to Palestine is just a straw man, that doesn't hold up.
God's promises are FAR GREATER than that.

TIME AND SITUATION BEING ADDRESSED:

Isaiah 1:1 The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, [and] Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
1:2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.

Notice this is "concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of" their ancient kings.

1:4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.
1:5 Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more:

God has tried to draw them to Himself, but they go backward. Calamities have come upon them, but they didn't learn from them, and if it weren't for "the remnant " of faithful ones they would have been like Sodom and Gomorrah.

1:9 Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, [and] we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY STILL FOLLOWING RITUALISITIC WORSHIP OF GOD
in fact the calamities caused a zealous return to the ritual worship at the temple, but their hearts weren't in it.

1:13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; [it is] iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateS: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear [them].

They have a form of worship but deny the power thereof. God doesn't want a form of worship, He wants a life that is dedicated to righteousness and love for God.

GOD'S SOLUTION -- HIS CLEANSING

1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
1:17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

That is true for all ages, it's the call of the gospel -- come to Christ, He will cleanse you, He will give you righteousness,
IF YOU ARE WILLING AND OBEDIENT
Yes, that is condition for all God's blessings.

You can count on it --
If we are willing and obedient -- TO GOD, (not to men who teach deceptions) If we are willing and obedient to God, He promises to wash us, cleanse us, for His heavenly kingdom.

But lets get back to Isaiah
even though many applications to modern times can be made, remember --
Isaiah is writing "concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of" their ancient kings.

1:21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.
1:22 Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:
1:23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loves gifts, and follows after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither does the cause of the widow come unto them.

Sin was a big problem.

1:24 Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
1:25 And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:

God would allow punishment to come to them, but it was to re-establish, not to wipe out Israel.

God's promise -- the covenant promise -- is the coming of a Savior, through Abrabam's seed. Through Abraham all the earth would be blessed

People get so carried away with a small piece of land, that they miss the TRUE covenant promise. The promise of a Savior!

Christ was to be born of the tribe of Judah -- but if the whole kingdom of Israel and Judah forsook God, how could the Messiah be born to them? Or if they were totally destroyed and not restored, how could the messiah be born to them?

THUS WITH THE PROPHECY OF COMING DESTRUCTION COME PROMISES OF RESTORATION

1:26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
1:27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

When were these judges restored?
It was actually part of the degree that marked the beginning of the 490 years!

Ezra 7:25 And thou, Ezra, after the wisdom of thy God, that is in thine hand, set magistrates and judges, which may judge all the people that [are] beyond the river, all such as know the laws of thy God; and teach ye them that know them not.

The appeal is that after this would be a righteous and faithful city;

They would be given 490 years --
Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks (490 years) are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

BUT FIRST THE DESTRUCTION

1:28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners [shall be] together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.
1:29 For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen.
1:30 For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth, and as a garden that hath no water.
1:31 And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench [them].

And so Jerusalem, with Solomon's temple perished.
But not without the hope of restoration.

Chapter 2

2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

Again the word is concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
These verses contain the promise that indeed the Messiah WOULD be born to them.
The promise would be fulfilled

2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, [that] the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains,

How was it exalted in the last days of the 490 years?
The Son of God came and dwelt with them!!
The living presence of One in whom dwelt the fullness of the Godhead bodily,—who was God himself manifest in the flesh; the “Desire of all nations” had indeed come to his city.

The whole Jewish economy pointed to the Savior. His gift of salvation was exalted as the "way" the "truth" and the "life". No other religion can equal it.

and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Quote:
"And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to (Jerusalem to) worship at the feast...saying, Sir, we would see Jesus...When Christ heard the eager request, "We would see Jesus," echoing the hungering cry of the world, His countenance lighted up, and He said, "The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified." In the request of the Greeks He saw an earnest of the results of His great sacrifice.
These men came from the West to find the Saviour at the close of His life, as the wise men had come from the East at the beginning....The magi
from a heathen land came to the manger with their gifts, to worship the Saviour. So these Greeks, representing the nations, tribes, and peoples of the world, came to see Jesus. So the people of all lands and all ages would be drawn by the Saviour's cross. DA 621

Acts 2:4 And they (the disciples) were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Thus -- in spite of the Jews as a nation, rejecting their KING, God's promises did not fail.

He fulfilled them through the Jewish people who did accept Him.

BUT NOW NOTICE A SHIFT IN THE PROPHECY.

It's no longer God speaking --
It's many people talking.

Just where in the prophecy did this shift begin?

Christ came to Jerusalem and the veiled glory of heaven rested upon that place. Salvation was ratified and freely offered to all who were willing. The kingdom of Grace established, and the gospel went out from Jerusalem to the nations.

But somehow a shift takes place.

2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

The "many people" say they will walk in the Lord's ways, and beat their swords into ploughshares, and learn war no more. But while they may well "say" this, and tell each other, "Come ye, let us go and do," yet we know from scripture that they didn't and won't give up their swords and spears, (guns and bombs). Sure they will cry peace. But the actual practice will be the direct opposite, as we read in Joel that God says, the ploughshares will be turned into swords, until the coming of the Lord brings His wrath upon the angry nations.

The verses don't say that the people will actually walk in the law of the Lord, but that "many people shall go and say" that certain things shall take place.

That it is only a sham, an outward thing, and not real worship to God is indicated by the next four verses.

2:6 Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and [are] soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.
2:7 Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither [is there any] end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither [is there any] end of their chariots:
2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:

Could they be saying "peace and safety" as they head for old Jerusalem, and then suddenly, like a thief in the night, when they are unprepared, destruction from the Almighty shall come upon them. Read the remainder of Isaiah 2.

In verse 5, the people are saying come let's go worship
Verse 6 Therefore the Lord has forsaken them.

It seems like, after the rejection of the Messiah, that people are focused on a counterfeit kingdom in Jerusalem, because God isn't pleased with their "saying" let's go to that mountain.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #170765
12/21/14 12:43 AM
12/21/14 12:43 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- And all your cry about God not being faithful if He doesn't expect us all to flock to Palestine is just a straw man, that doesn't hold up.
God's promises are FAR GREATER than that.

We'll see where the "truth" holds up, we'll see.

Isaiah 1:1 The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, [and] Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
1:2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.

Ded- Notice this is "concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of" their ancient kings.

Yes, we notice that, but that does not mean that Isaiah was speaking only to them. Remember that Inspiration says that Isaiah (and all the other OT prophets) spoke LESS for their time and MORE for ours.

So what does that mean? it means that their words apply for us more than to their time. So each verse and promise is MORE applicable to us than those of Isaiah's time.

What you miss is that Isaiah 1:1-14 is applicable not only to those people back then but to us today (even more so as Inspiration says)!

The same principle applies that God's people are doing an abomination in their lifestyle and worship TODAY.

Who can deny that this verse is not applicable for His remnant church today?--"Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.(Verse 4)

Ded- GOD'S SOLUTION -- HIS CLEANSING

1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
1:17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Ded- That is true for all ages, it's the call of the gospel -- come to Christ, He will cleanse you, He will give you righteousness,

Of course this is true.

Ded- People get so carried away with a small piece of land, that they miss the TRUE covenant promise. The promise of a Savior!

Dedication gets carried away. The WORD of the LORD does not.

Not only do we find the clear promise (unconditional) in Isaiah 2:2-3. We find it repeated in Micah 4:1-3, let us look at both Inspired promises and see how close and pinpoint they are to each other.

Isaiah 2:2-3--

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

"And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem."

Micah 4:1-3 --

"But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem."

Now here is the big problem for Dedication. She has to use the term "last days" to apply to the end of the 490 years or to the new earth time period. ONE BIG PROBLEM. Nowhere in Scripture or SOP do we find the term "last days" or "latter days" even referring to the period she is claiming( 490 years) or new earth period.

Here is her justification --
Ded- They would be given 490 years --
Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks (490 years) are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

But we'll discuss Daniel 9:24 shortly

(But I think because she has been exposed on her new earth application she has withdrawn any more talk of that :-)

Ok, let's get back to her report.

1:21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.
1:22 Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:
1:23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loves gifts, and follows after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither does the cause of the widow come unto them.

Again, as we pointed out Isaiah did indeed speak to his people, and the above verses are evidence of that No dis-agreement here.

But this is applicable today as well--

"Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loves gifts, and follows after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither does the cause of the widow come unto them." (verse 23)

Concerning verses 1:24-31, I have no problem with the application for the times of Isaiah.

However verses such as below, certainly have application to our day, in that they point to a redeeming and cleaning that the Lord will do to His people.

1:24 Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
1:25 And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:

You see, the Lord has many in our church today that speak "smooth things" effectively lullabying the people to sleep. EGW in many places goes into this, as we all know. These people are His "enemies" as they are scattering rather than gathering His flock to be ready for His judgments to begin in the church (1 Peter 4:17) )(Testimonies, vol. 5, p.211-12)

Ded- 2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

Again the word is concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

Not wholly true. These words apply certainly to us today as we'll explain further.

Ded- 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, [that] the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains,

How was it exalted in the last days of the 490 years?
The Son of God came and dwelt with them!!
The living presence of One in whom dwelt the fullness of the Godhead bodily,—who was God himself manifest in the flesh; the “Desire of all nations” had indeed come to his city.

Dedication is missing one important word here--established.

In no way shape or form did our Lord "establish" His house at that time. No, in fact the Jews still ran Jerusalem, as we Bible students certainly know. Our Lord was officially considered an "outcast" and could no more establish His house then as Buddhism can establish it's house in Israel today!

and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Dedication then goes on to attempt to explain that DA, p.621, Acts 2:4-6 show that the "nations" of the world flowed to His established house in Jerusalem.Remember the prophecy calls for "ALL nations to go to the House of Jacob" the house that is exalted above all houses there in Jerusalem.

Her quotes point to some people going to see the Lord and his disciples yet this in no way is "ALL nations". Further the Jews and Romans controlled Jerusalem during and after Jesus' time.

Let us keep in mind that His house certainly was not established. The Jews still remained the established house of worship in Jerusalem after Christ. History bears this out.

For good measure let's look at the word "established" as defined in dictionary--

es·tab·lished
iˈstabliSHt/Submit
adjective
having been in existence for a long time and therefore recognized and generally accepted.

So to make the interpretation true, we mus read it as it states. "Shall be established" which certainly did not happen in Jerusalem. In 70 AD the whole place crashed, no establishment at all.

Remember these verses are in context, showing that it happens when the Lord removes the weapons of war (Isaiah 2:4) All the weapons of war existed in Jesus' time and after.

As far as Isaiah 2:4 goes, let's look at it.

Isa. 2:4 -- "And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Not the nations, but Inspiration Itself declares that in the day God judges the living, then those nations who go to the mountain (Kingdom church purified) of the Lord "shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks" -- they will go farming instead of spending their strength in war.

The nations that do not accept the Lord's "rebuke," in that day, though, will madly arise against the "mountain" of the Lord, as forecast by the prophet Joel, saying:

"Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles;Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up: beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong. Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O Lord. Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about." Joel 3:9- 12.

Bottom line

Each of the prophets, including Isaiah spoke more for us. And when we view Scripture with this Inspiration within our understanding, we see clearly what the intention and lesson is for us.

Isa. 2:5 -- "O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the Lord."

Because the church greatly needs this light, the light that now illuminates the Judgment Day, the Lord makes the foregone plea to the antitypical "house of Jacob," the house in which are the 144,000 Jacobites, the descendants of the 12 tribes of Israel, who down through the ages became assimilated by the Gentile nations, and thus lost their racial identity.

The Lord's concern, that the church walk in the light of the Lord (in Inspiration's light for today) definitely implies that she is not now walking in His light; and His command, found in the last verse of Isaiah's chapter, clearly reveals that she is walking in the sparks of uninspired men. The Lord, therefore, commands:

Isa. 2:22 -- "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?"

The reason that her members should immediately cease from men is told in the verses that follow:

Isa. 3:1-4 -- "For, behold, the Lord, the Lord of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water, the mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient, the captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counsellor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator. And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them."

For over a century we as Seventh-day Adventists have been preaching the work of the Judgment for the Dead, and should now with ease see that when the Judgment for the Living begins it is to separate the saints from the sinners -- the wheat from the tares (Matt. 13:30), the good fish from the bad fish (Matt. 13:47, 48), the sheep from the goats (Matt. 25:32-46), the wise virgins from the foolish ones (Matt. 25:1-13).

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 12/21/14 01:03 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170773
12/21/14 04:03 AM
12/21/14 04:03 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Ded- Notice this is "concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of" their ancient kings.

Yes, we notice that, but that does not mean that Isaiah was speaking only to them. Remember that Inspiration says that Isaiah (and all the other OT prophets) spoke LESS for their time and MORE for ours.

Yes, it applies to Israel and Judah in the days of the ancient kings--and there are applications that reach far beyond that, I have never denied that.
However, when we have prophecies of that nature not every detail applies to both applications.

GLL: What you miss is that Isaiah 1:1-14 is applicable not only to those people back then but to us today (even more so as Inspiration says)!

No, I haven't missed that, in fact I have notebooks full of my devotional studies applying Isaiah to our day.
Yet by comparing the prophecies with the NEW Testament application we realize a heaven like "kingdom" on earth will not take place till all things are made new in the New Earth.

GLL: Who can deny that this verse is not applicable for His remnant church today?--Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward

I haven't denied that corruption is found in the church.
And I believe the Lord will shake the church by allowing persecution and trouble to come to it and weed out the uncommitted. In fact, from my studies it appears the majority will denounce their faith and then turn on those who continue in the faith.
What I don't believe is that God will mysteriously cause all Adventists to suddenly die. He didn't do that to the Israel nation in the ancient days, and He won't do that now.

Isaiah is prophesying trouble for ancient Israel -- how did it come? (Babylonian persecution)
Trouble will come to the church in modern times, (Babylonian persecution) and it will come from people, the same as it did for ancient Israel.

GOD'S SOLUTION -- HIS CLEANSING

Ded- That is true for all ages, it's the call of the gospel -- come to Christ, He will cleanse you, He will give you righteousness,

Of course this is true.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!