HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,956 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Thy Kingdom Come [Re: dedication] #170730
12/19/14 05:31 PM
12/19/14 05:31 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
Basically what that is saying -- is -- Houteff's interpretations of scripture supersede EGW's writings, as well as anything anyone finds in scripture.
Yes, I was starting to think that. Except not Houteff's but GLL's interpretations. Kind of, she's inspired except where I disagree kind of attitude.

For he does say: I mean that our "understanding" of her writings must not be that "it" supersedes the Scriptures.

Meaning also, that his "understanding" of Scriptures is the "it" which supersedes the Scriptures.

Re: Thy Kingdom Come [Re: dedication] #170732
12/19/14 05:51 PM
12/19/14 05:51 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
But then -- just read the Zechariah "interpretation" presented by GLL in "Summary of our Zechariah 4 Lesson" thread.
It twists the meaning of that passage to come to the conclusion that ONLY Houteff is the final word on how Scripture is to be interpreted.
The "other" that GLL is referring to is V. Houteff.
And one just has to read the prologue to this thread to realize SR followers teach EGW was given only partial truth, while they think Houteff gives the full truth.
Oh no! I guess I had forgotten he was a sheperd's rod or unbranched-davidian. That is just so wrong. Sounds kind of like the same concept of "the last pope" people. But a good example of Houteff/GLL's private interpretation superseding the Scriptures!

Re: Thy Kingdom Come [Re: dedication] #170758
12/20/14 05:44 PM
12/20/14 05:44 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- When you use scripture to reason with a Houteff follower they will accuse you of "private interpretation".

Now this is funny! This is coming from someone who has be warned repeatedly that she should cease from doing private interpretations.

Let us examine proof--

1) She has continued to point to Isaiah 14:13-14 as pointing to the time in the last days, during the Loud Cry, when Satan shall establish his throne in Israel.

We have asked several times to show supporting INSPIRATION (not her ideas) for this.She has refused to supply anything. Truth seekers are not fooled. This is private interpretation beyond doubt.

Quite the contrary SOP repeatedly applies this verse to long ago in heaven, see the following--

"Evil originated with Lucifer, who rebelled against the government of God. Before his fall he was a covering cherub, distinguished by his excellence. God made him good and beautiful, as near as possible like himself. Of him it is written, “Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.” But self-exaltation entered his heart. Inspiration records the charge against him: “Thine heart wast lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness.” “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend unto heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.” RH September 24, 1901, par. 4

Little by little, Lucifer came to indulge a desire for self-exaltation. 'Thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God.' 'Thou hast said, . . . I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation....I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High.' Verse 6; Isaiah 14:13, 14. Instead of seeking to make God supreme in the affections and allegiance of His creatures, it was Lucifer's endeavor to win their service and homage to himself. And coveting the honor which the infinite Father had bestowed upon His Son, this prince of angels aspired to power which it was the prerogative of Christ alone to wield. (Ellen G. White, The Great Controversy Between Christ and Satan – The Conflict of the Ages in the Christian Dispensation, Chapter 29 – The Origin of Evil, pp. 494-495)

Lucifer had said, "I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; . . . I will be like the Most High." Isa. 14:13, 14. But Christ, "being in the form of God, counted it not a thing to be grasped to be on an equality with God, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men." (Phil. 2:6, 7) (Desires of Ages, p.19)

"Speaking of Satan, the prophet testifies: “For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven [or, I will be exalted in heaven], I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High.” Isaiah 14:13, 14. That this heaven-daring aspiration was the channel through which evil came into the universe, and caused Satan to fall, Paul, in 1 Timothy 3:6, affirms where he calls pride the “condemnation” of the Devil." (Looking unto Jesus, p.32)

Satan wanted to stand where the Lamb stands. He wanted to win all humanity to his side and chain us to his chariot, his lost slaves suited only for destruction. He wanted to stand victorious, having defeated God in the great controversy. But instead the Lamb stands--with the 144,000! He stands on mount Zion. Again God says of Mount Zion, "For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth" Isaiah 62:1.

In order to build her false agenda that Satan will control Israel in the last days she must pull quotes for all directions to build "her" case.

As we continue to show unconditional Scripture showing that the kingdom starts in Israel prior to the second coming, she must use anything she can to dis-prove this. But she can't go against the plain "Thus sayeth the Lord" and in the end people like this will be found out as wanting.

Ded-But then -- just read the Zechariah "interpretation" presented by GLL in "Summary of our Zechariah 4 Lesson" thread.
It twists the meaning of that passage to come to the conclusion that ONLY Houteff is the final word on how Scripture is to be interpreted.

Again this is funny. Notice she slams down this Zech. 4 prophecy because she does not agree with it, yet not once does she explain what Zech 4 means! brother Houteff , as we who have studied his writings unlocked this prophecy, but surface readers like Dedication can only tear down instead of offering a better conclusion.

You see brethren God's word has meaning in all of it and this Zech. 4 is meant for us to know how to interpret Scripture correctly, let us understand this by God's grace. here is the report on it and if you'll take the time to read it you'll see that there can be no other clear understanding of it because the beauty of the understanding is indeed from God. Zech. 4 report

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 12/20/14 05:51 PM.
Re: Thy Kingdom Come [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170763
12/20/14 11:59 PM
12/20/14 11:59 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
And once again GLL thinks Satan's aims in Isaiah 14 apply only to the beginning of his rebellion?!!!

He wrote: "SOP repeatedly applies this verse to long ago in heaven"

Of course they apply then -- that was the beginning. But they most certainly did NOT end there.

Are we to believe him and think Satan isn't going to make a tremendous effort to fulfil his ambitions NOW, knowing that time is short?

Re: Thy Kingdom Come [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170764
12/21/14 12:14 AM
12/21/14 12:14 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Indeed I do NOT agree with SR interpretation of Zechariah 4.
Houteff's followers obviously use that passage to place Houteff as the sole interpreter of scripture.

the link says: "Thus, the TWO PIPES are a symbol of the prophets whom we now primarily recognize as: E.G. WHITE and V.T. HOUTEFF"

Quote:
And GLL wrote “the two golden pipes, which carry the golden oil from the trees to the bowl, are the only two mediums which God has employed since 1844 A.D. to interpret the Scriptures.”
(Note: who are the two mediums prophesied here? We know that since 1844 God has brought us the SOP-Ellen White, who could be the other? These two alone are authorized to interpret Scripture.
Further, as this prophecy was interpreted in 1939, it proves that it is in place for us today (our present truth).

And even though a massive cut and paste use of EGW writings is used extensively to support Houteff's ideas, when anyone points out that the context of those quotes do NOT support Houteff, they will demand you must not quote her!!!!

Re: Thy Kingdom Come [Re: dedication] #170766
12/21/14 01:41 AM
12/21/14 01:41 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- And once again GLL thinks Satan's aims in Isaiah 14 apply only to the beginning of his rebellion?!!!

Yes, Inspiration says so. Do you have something from INSPIRATION to show us? infact there are about 4 or 5 SOP verses that say this is describing his rebellion in heaven.

Only you, Dedication cast this verse to YOUR own timeline in YOUR own mind.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 12/21/14 01:42 AM.
Re: Thy Kingdom Come [Re: dedication] #170767
12/21/14 01:44 AM
12/21/14 01:44 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Notice once again Dedication must "put down" something to build herself up. Does she offer something for us as to the meaning of Zech. 4? Of course not.

Re: Thy Kingdom Come [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170769
12/21/14 01:51 AM
12/21/14 01:51 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
Ded- And once again GLL thinks Satan's aims in Isaiah 14 apply only to the beginning of his rebellion?!!!

Yes, Inspiration says so. Do you have something from INSPIRATION to show us? infact there are about 4 or 5 SOP verses that say this is describing his rebellion in heaven.

Nowhere can you quote me a passage from EGW that says it applies ONLY to the beginning of the rebellion.

Indeed the readers are intelligent enough to realize Satan's ambitions didn't end when he was cast out of heaven.

Re: Thy Kingdom Come [Re: dedication] #170770
12/21/14 02:01 AM
12/21/14 02:01 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- Nowhere can you quote me a passage from EGW that says it applies ONLY to the beginning of the rebellion.

Amazing! What she is really saying is this--" because Inspiration failed to provide me a reference to support my idea, I'll do it anyway."

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." (1 Peter 1:20)

Satan likes to use just these people who will "run ahead of Inspiration". If God's INSPIRED prophets do not deal with an issue such as Inspiration does not deal with Isaiah 14:13-14, then who is Dedication to do so?

Re: Thy Kingdom Come [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #170772
12/21/14 02:58 AM
12/21/14 02:58 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
No -- inspiration didn't provide you with a reference to support your idea that Satan's ambitions mentioned in Isaiah 14 ONLY apply to the beginning of the rebellion.

Inspiration is clear that in the end the whole world (almost) will be worshipping the dragon, the beast and his image.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!