HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,127 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Nissan 10 - The Latter Rain? #171353
01/16/15 12:36 PM
01/16/15 12:36 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
On Karen's thread on the Trumpets of Revelation 8 to 11 I've shared some thoughts about their immanent fulfillment - possibly this fall. Friends, bear with me while I suggest we could expect to see dramatic changes in the course of human history even sooner than this fall. In Karen's trumpet thread I pointed out that this year, a biblical Sabbatical, is the first time in over 2000 years that a Sabbatical will synchronize with a blood moon tetrad that falls on the biblical feasts, so it's something we want to watch. I suggested it could, (not must, but could,) portend the fulfillment of the fall Feast of Trumpets. But in the last couple days I came across more material that I want to share here. Let me run by you all one more thought.

In my personal studies I reviewed Ezekiel's temple vision recently (Eze 40-48) and it struck me that this vision shows the glory of God returning to the temple on the 10th day of the first month, Nissan, which is in late March to early April on our calendar. This is the same day that the Passover lamb was set aside and was also the last day of grace, according to Christ and Ellen White, for the Holy City because on this day Jerusalem, through its leaders, rejected Christ as it's King.
Quote:
It was on the first day of the week [This is the tenth day of Nissan] that Christ made His triumphal entry into Jerusalem. . .When the fast westering sun should pass from sight in the heavens, Jerusalem's day of grace would be ended. . . . There comes a time when mercy makes her last plea. . . . That day had come to Jerusalem. Jesus wept in anguish over the doomed city, but He could not deliver her. {DA 569.3, 577.3 & 587.2}
So both the departure and return of the glory of God to the temple are linked to the 10th of Nissan. This is also confirmed by the prophecy of Joel that the latter rain will be given in the first month.
Quote:
Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. Joel 2:23.

In Ezekiel's temple vision, the return of the glory of God to the temple represents the filling of the church by the Holy Spirit; it represents the latter rain. So God's next major intervention, His manifestation of the sovereign Presence among His people, may be closer than we think. This year Nissan 10 begins the evening of March 29. The Sabbatical year begins ten days earlier on Nissan 1. That's 60 days away. This is not to say it will happen this spring but that it could. The Orthodox Jews may be closer to the truth than we think in sending a child to the door of the home at Passover to welcome Elijah.

This year may be special because this year the Passover will witness a blood moon. Just as the blood of the Passover lamb was placed on the doors of the believing Jews, slaves in Egypt, in Revelation 12 we have a woman, Christ's church, clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet. That moon is the full moon, dipped in blood, but shining in full strength as it does on the Passover.

But the thought that the latter rain may be that close - - to me that's potentially the best possible news. If this is true then like Daniel we need to be praying that the Lord will fulfill His word to revive us and cloth us with the Son and breath into our dead bodies the breath of His Spirit. According to the SOP, revival will come to us only in answer to earnest prayer.

Re: Nissan 10 - The Latter Rain? [Re: Charity] #171367
01/17/15 12:24 AM
01/17/15 12:24 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I'm reposting Kland's post on Karen's trumpet thread here:

Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
For centuries devout Jews have sent a family member to the door of the home on Passover to welcome Elijah. When he doesn't appear they say "maybe next year". All Jonathan Cahn is saying is "maybe this fall", not for Elijah, but for the next big move of God which is the trumpets that announce that "the hour of His judgment is come" - referring of course to the Day of Atonement ten days later.

I'd go along with that, maybe things will start this year, but if not, maybe next year.

Friends, bear with me while I suggest we could expect to see dramatic changes in the course of human history even sooner than this fall. I pointed out above that this year, a biblical Sabbatical, is the first time in over 2000 years to synchronize with a blood moon tetrad that falls on the biblical feasts, so it's something we want to watch.

But it doesn't. That's what I've been trying to say, and I thought you agreed at your previous posts. There is no "blood" moon. There is a dim or dark moon. The same color or lack of color as occurs in other arbitrary numbers of sequences other than "four". It doesn't "coincide" except only partially in some places. And "tetrad" seems to be an arbitrary thing. For instance, if it's 4 eclipses in a row, consider 2018/2019.
http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/list.html
But someone decided that there should be 6 months between them.

Quote by Mark Shipowick:
This year, Passover will witness a blood moon.

No, not really. I understand Jerusalem won't even see the eclipse. Eastern US will only see a partial eclipse for a very short time.
http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/usa/charleston-wv
In fact, April 4 is called a "partial lunar eclipse" and not "total".
http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/list.html

Quote by Mark Shipowick:
But the thought that the latter rain may be that close - - to me that's potentially the best possible news.

That could very well be true. But nothing to do with eclipses, an arbitrary number of eclipses, nor an arbitrary number of eclipses falling on certain days on certain parts of the world, of which Jerusalem, Africa, Europe... is not included.

Re: Nissan 10 - The Latter Rain? [Re: Charity] #171368
01/17/15 12:26 AM
01/17/15 12:26 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
And I'm reposting my reply to Kland here so that we don't take over Karen's thread with this topic.

Kland, according to the US Naval Observatory, (the leading authority on astronomy besides NASA in North America) the April 4, 2015 lunar eclipse is total: http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/eclipse/L2015Apr04.pdf. It will be seen as total in Hawaii, Alaska, New Zealand, eastern Russia, parts of Asia and Australia and as a partial eclipse across North America and much of Asia.

I learned just now from the same site that a total solar eclipse will occur March 20, 2015, about sixty days from now. Here's a map of it's coverage: http://astro.ukho.gov.uk/eclipse/0112015/. The evening of March 20 is Nissan 1, the start of the Sabbatical year. It would be interesting to know how often a total solar eclipse occurs at the eve of a Sabbatical year with a tetrad falling on the feasts. This eclipse will be visible as a partial eclipse across most of North Africa, Europe, the Middle East and Northern Asia.

I also learned that another partial solar eclipse will occur on the eve of the Feast of Trumpets, September 13, 2015. http://astro.ukho.gov.uk/eclipse/0322015/. This one is visible in the southern part of Africa and the southern Indian Ocean.

Regarding your comment Kland that the lunar eclipse this March isn't visible from Jerusalem, since the day of grace for Jerusalem ended in 31 AD on Nissan 10 (see my first post on this thread above), the signs in the heavens aren't restricted to the modern Jews or a physical location. The signs are for the scattered people of God around the globe. The dark day and the falling of the stars in 1833 were not limited to the Middle East right? As far as I know, neither one was witnessed in that part of the world.

Last edited by Mark Shipowick; 01/17/15 12:32 AM. Reason: For more clarity.
Re: Nissan 10 - The Latter Rain? [Re: Charity] #171370
01/17/15 12:40 AM
01/17/15 12:40 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I'm not sure myself something will happen this spring or fall, but the Lord will make it clearer I believe as the time approaches if He is about to do something major. I feel an obligation to share the evidence. If the evidence is sound, then perk up your ears. If not, ignore it. Christ's advice was to watch and that involves candid evaluation of the evidence. You be the judge.
Quote:
Mar. 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Re: Nissan 10 - The Latter Rain? [Re: Charity] #171374
01/17/15 12:26 PM
01/17/15 12:26 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
In other threads on the forum I've suggested that the judgment of the living is revealed in Revelation, especially Revelation 4 and 5. This is typified by the Day of Atonement but notice that in Ezekiel's temple which typifies the Spirit-filled/end-time church, the atonement is made in the spring, not on the tenth day but on the first and seventh days of the first month. Ezekiel 45:18-20. The difference between the two atonements is that the one in Ezekiel's vision, the spring atonement, is of the living.

Intuitively it makes sense that atonement for the living occurs first and that the return of the Spirit follows a few days later on the 10th of Nissan.

As I pondered this (and I'm still pondering it) I looked at October 22, 1844, the beginning of the IJ of the dead. To the world nothing appears to have happened. Will it be the same when the IJ of the living begins – no outward signs? How will we know if something really does happen in heaven – if there is a transition to the living? So in Revelation 4-6, what are the signs there that might be witnessed and understood here on earth?

I've copied the text and highlight parts that might be audible to those who are watching unto prayer as Christ advised us to do:
Quote:

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
Rev 4:3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
Rev 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
Rev 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Rev 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
Rev 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
Rev 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

Rev 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Rev 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Re: Nissan 10 - The Latter Rain? [Re: Charity] #171375
01/17/15 12:33 PM
01/17/15 12:33 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Some of the other signs that we might watch for between now and March 29 according to Christ's Olivet discourse and Rev. 8:5 include wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes and pestilences.

Re: Nissan 10 - The Latter Rain? [Re: Charity] #171413
01/20/15 02:56 PM
01/20/15 02:56 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I learned just now from the same site that a total solar eclipse will occur March 20, 2015, about sixty days from now. Here's a map of it's coverage: http://astro.ukho.gov.uk/eclipse/0112015/. The evening of March 20 is Nissan 1, the start of the Sabbatical year. It would be interesting to know how often a total solar eclipse occurs at the eve of a Sabbatical year with a tetrad falling on the feasts.
There's only certain times an eclipse can occur. An eclipse of the sun can only occur when the moon is between the earth and the sun. This happens 12-13 times a year. That would be a random probability of 1 out of 12 rather than 1 out of 365. And as far as occurring with a tetrad, the probability increases since a moon tetrad implies an alignment, so the probability of a solar eclipse happening the same time is even higher. It was explained that any time there is one moon eclipse, the probability of additional ones happening the same year are much higher.

Quote:
Regarding your comment Kland that the lunar eclipse this March isn't visible from Jerusalem, since the day of grace for Jerusalem ended in 31 AD on Nissan 10 (see my first post on this thread above), the signs in the heavens aren't restricted to the modern Jews or a physical location. The signs are for the scattered people of God around the globe. The dark day and the falling of the stars in 1833 were not limited to the Middle East right? As far as I know, neither one was witnessed in that part of the world.
Ok, so which parts of the world are important? You said not a total but a "partial eclipse across North America and much of Asia". I guess I'm asking what makes where it's seen important.
What if there were four solar eclipses over Antarctica? Would that mean anything?

And the coming solar eclipse appears to be only over a small portion of the world and that only a partial eclipse. The animation showed the total portion of the eclipse seemed to be tracking mostly over the ocean avoiding land.

Other years there are total eclipses somewhere over varying parts and degrees. And why four moon eclipses? Does four mean something more than three, two, or one? This is what I'm asking. Why is this an important occurrence rather than many other occurrences of things?

Personally I would see what's happening with the pope, the protestants, the president, the world as a stronger harbinger of crisis to come rather than cyclic orbitations of what's been happening over and over for eons.

Re: Nissan 10 - The Latter Rain? [Re: Charity] #171414
01/20/15 03:01 PM
01/20/15 03:01 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
You said something about Jewish observance of the new moon two days after the new moon being Scriptural. How so?

Re: Nissan 10 - The Latter Rain? [Re: Charity] #171445
01/22/15 11:19 PM
01/22/15 11:19 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mark S
I learned just now from the same site that a total solar eclipse will occur March 20, 2015, about sixty days from now. Here's a map of it's coverage: http://astro.ukho.gov.uk/eclipse/0112015/. The evening of March 20 is Nissan 1, the start of the Sabbatical year. It would be interesting to know how often a total solar eclipse occurs at the eve of a Sabbatical year with a tetrad falling on the feasts. This eclipse will be visible as a partial eclipse across most of North Africa, Europe, the Middle East and Northern Asia.

This is not really important and probably we have a year off in our timetable. To compare and in case we do have the same one... Isn't 1986 the beginning of the 120th Jubilee cycle since Adam? If so these would be the Sabbitical years: 1993(1st), 2000(2nd), 2007(3rd), 2014(4th), 2021(5th), 2028(6th), 2035(7th).

Blessings
Re: Nissan 10 - The Latter Rain? [Re: Charity] #171546
01/28/15 03:25 PM
01/28/15 03:25 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
What would this mean?
Quote:
And at the end of every sentence the saints shouted, "Glory! Alleluia!" Their countenances were lighted up with the glory of God; and they shone with the glory, as did the face of Moses when he came down from Sinai. The wicked could not look on them for the glory. And when the never-ending blessing was pronounced on those who had honored God in keeping His Sabbath holy, there was a mighty shout of victory over the beast and over his image. {EW 34.1}
Then commenced the jubilee, when the land should rest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!