HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,101 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Church Purification #171470
01/24/15 05:43 AM
01/24/15 05:43 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Church Purification
We'd like to examine what inspiration shows us concerning the upcoming Church purification. This subject is viewed from generally two angles. Two camps, as it were, with two different ideas.

1) The idea that the threatening of the Sunday law and the actual enforcement of it, will drive the weak and unfaithful out of the Church. Thereby resulting in a sort of Church "purification." In other words those who stay in the church during this time will be the faithful and purified ones, the remnant of God.

2) The idea that the Lord must "take the reins into His own hands" (Test. to Min.p.300) and literally do something to bring about a Church purification. The prevailing act is know as the solemn Ezekiel 9 Church judgment.

So let's look at these scenarios and the Inspired verses and quotes, of which we can draw clear light in which to discern how the purification plays out.

Before we do this, we'd like to see some views from you the readers. Give us some Inspired quotes to back up your church purification ideas and specifically "how" the Church becomes pure. Describe what it does after it's pure.

Thanks, GLL

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/24/15 05:46 AM.
Re: Church Purification [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171490
01/25/15 12:40 AM
01/25/15 12:40 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Looking at a full context article by EGW on this subject.
The paragraphs in color are a continuous depiction by EGW
The words in black are my comments.

THE SHAKING
Early Writings page 269-273

I saw some, with strong faith and agonizing cries, pleading with God. Their countenances were pale and marked with deep anxiety, expressive of their internal struggle. Firmness and great earnestness was expressed in their countenances; large drops of perspiration fell from their foreheads. Now and then their faces would light up with the marks of God's approbation, and again the same solemn, earnest, anxious look would settle upon them. {EW 269.1}

Here we see God's people in deep perplexity as they struggled with conditions of darkness creeping in -- they are pleading with God. They see huge problems within the church, as well as experiencing opposition from without.

Evil angels crowded around, pressing darkness upon them to shut out Jesus from their view, that their eyes might be drawn to the darkness that surrounded them, and thus they be led to distrust God and murmur against Him. Their only safety was in keeping their eyes directed upward. Angels of God had charge over His people, and as the poisonous atmosphere of evil angels was pressed around these anxious ones, the
heavenly angels were continually wafting their wings over them to scatter the thick darkness. {EW 269.2}

Satan is bringing in all manner of things from false doctrines to wrong practices, etc. etc. to put out the light of truth and cause people to become discouraged and think God did not lead them.
Poisoning the atmosphere.
The world will be offering a solution, and those murmuring about against God and not praying will be pulled into the darkness of "men's" solutions.

The real solution -- keep your eyes ON CHRIST.
Don't give up and go after some strange theory etc. etc.
Angels will sustain you.

As the praying ones continued their earnest cries, at times a ray of light from Jesus came to them, to encourage their hearts and light up their countenances. Some, I saw, did not participate in this work of agonizing and pleading. They seemed indifferent and careless. They were not resisting the darkness around them, and it shut them in like a thick cloud.

God will strengthen the praying ones.
The careless ones will give in to the darkness of error that is coming in. They don't seem to recognize the signs all around that the very things prophesied are happening! They will actually think it's a good thing!
But the praying ones see the crises coming and are fervently praying for the church, for themselves, for their loved ones as they see the darkness coming.

The angels of God left these and went to the aid of the earnest, praying ones. I saw angels of God hasten to the assistance of all who were struggling with all their power to resist the evil angels and trying to help themselves by calling upon God with perseverance. But His angels left those who made no effort to help themselves, and I lost sight of them. {EW 270.1}

The real work of the angels:

They assist those who are praying.
THEY LEAVE those who are not praying.
Notice -- they leave them -- they don't kill them.

The darkness of error shuts the non-praying ones in like a thick cloud so they no longer see the light of truth, and they are no longer part of the praying believers.

I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. This will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver, and will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. Some will not bear this straight testimony. They will rise up against it, and this is what will cause a shaking among God's people. {EW 270.2}

Now we need to know what the testimony of the True Witness is?
We already know that Houteff attempts to claim that position for himself and thus tries to place his erroneous doctrines as the condition for salvation.

However, we need to know what is the true testimony of the True Witness -- the message to Laodicea?
What will cause the final sifting?

It is something much deeper than simply "whitewashing" the outside, it must go far deeper than that.

Nor is the "testimony" to accept new light that unsettles things established as truth. Indeed New Light will come, but it does NOT change truths established. That New Light is identified in inspiration. (And it's NOT Houteff)

It is only as the law of God is restored to its rightful position that there can be a revival of primitive faith and godliness among His professed people. "Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls." Jeremiah 6:16

The Light that is to be accepted is a true understanding of Christ our Righteousness -- this alone will transform the character from the inside (new creation) and will yield the works of righteousness that are not just outwardly but are part of Christ reigning within.

It is upon this that the destiny of the church hangs!

Luke warmness is not changed by merely changing outward things, it needs the constant connection with Christ to generate the true light that reflects the character of Christ.

The real problem is a neglect of a living connection with Christ and his Word.
The solution is to repent, open wide the door and invite Christ into every aspect of our lives, and He will come in by His Spirit and dwell with us, changing our lives.

I saw that the testimony of the True Witness has not been half heeded. The solemn testimony upon which the destiny of the church hangs has been lightly esteemed, if not entirely disregarded. This testimony must work deep repentance; all who truly receive it will obey it and be purified. {EW 270.3}

No, the destiny of the church does not hang on accepting Houteff's erroneous doctrines (that would be folly)

The destiny of the church hangs on it's relationship with Christ.

That's what the message to Laodicea is all about -- people feeling "rich" because they have accepted truths intellectually, but have not accepted Christ into their lives to give them the robe of righteousness, the salve of discernment, the gold of faith, and have HIM, Christ, as an intimate partner in everything they do.

Said the angel, "List ye!" Soon I heard a voice like many musical instruments all sounding in perfect strains, sweet and harmonious. It surpassed any music I had ever heard, seeming to be full of mercy, compassion, and elevating, holy joy. It thrilled through my whole being. Said the angel, "Look ye!" My attention was then turned to the company I had seen, who were mightily shaken. I was shown those whom I had before seen weeping and praying in agony of spirit. The company of guardian angels around them had been doubled, and they were clothed with an armor from their head to their feet. They moved in exact order, like a company of soldiers. Their countenances expressed the severe conflict which they had endured, the agonizing struggle they had passed through. Yet their features, marked with severe internal anguish, now shone with the light and glory of heaven. They had obtained the victory, and it called forth from them the deepest gratitude and holy, sacred joy. {EW 270.4}

Yes, a separation has taken place -- the majority sided with the "worldly religious solution" while the praying ones have received the Holy Spirit and now realizing the prophecies are fulfilling are joyfully and united, with Bibles under their arms, going forth to share the message of Christ's soon coming and to expose the errors of the "earthly solution" that is being offered.

The numbers of this company had lessened. Some had been shaken out and left by the way. The careless and indifferent, who did not join with those who prized victory and salvation enough to perseveringly plead and agonize for it, did not obtain it, and they were left behind in darkness, and their places were immediately filled by others taking hold of the truth and coming into the ranks. Evil angels still pressed around them, but could have no power over them. {EW 271.1}

Notice -- the careless and indifferent ones were left behind in darkness (the darkness of falsehoods and deceptions) I won't be surprised if a lot of the institutional plants will no longer be Sabbath keeping institutions. Great multitudes will accept the darkness.

But the faithful will remain -- having the faith of Jesus and keeping God's commandments and enthusiastically proclaiming the TRUE KINGDOM of Christ's soon coming in the clouds.

The message is doing it's work as others join the faithful.

I heard those clothed with the armor speak forth the truth with great power. It had effect. Many had been bound; some wives by their husbands, and some children by their parents. The honest who had been prevented from hearing the truth now eagerly laid hold upon it. All fear of their relatives was gone, and the truth alone was exalted to them. They had been hungering and thirsting for truth; it was dearer and more precious than life. I asked what had made this great change. An angel answered, "It is the latter rain, the refreshing from the presence of the Lord, the loud cry of the third angel."

What makes this difference -- it is the latter rain on the praying ones.

{EW 271.2}
Great power was with these chosen ones. Said the angel, "Look ye!" My attention was turned to the wicked, or unbelievers. They were all astir. The zeal and power with the people of God had aroused and enraged them. Confusion, confusion, was on every side. I saw measures taken against the company who had the light and power of God. Darkness thickened around them; yet they stood firm, approved of God, and trusting in Him.

The powerful witness against the "earthly kingdom solution", the powerful witness against those seeking a united religious solution by enforcing laws concerning worship, has aroused and enraged it's proponents. Especially since their movement has resulted in an increase in world calamities, and they blame the people of God who have preached against their solution.

Now God's people face severe persecution.
Eventually coming to a death decree being issued against them.

I saw them perplexed; next I heard them crying unto God earnestly. Day and night their cry ceased not: "Thy will, O God, be done! If it can glorify Thy name, make a way of escape for Thy people! Deliver us from the heathen around about us. They have appointed us unto death; but Thine arm can bring salvation." These are all the words which I can bring to mind. All seemed to have a deep sense of their unworthiness and manifested entire submission to the will of God; yet, like Jacob, every one, without an exception, was earnestly pleading and wrestling for deliverance. {EW 272.1}

This is the time of Jacob's trouble.
The work of witnessing has closed, the plagues are falling.
The death decree is issued. Probation is closed.

Soon after they had commenced their earnest cry, the angels, in sympathy, desired to go to their deliverance. But a tall, commanding angel suffered them not. He said, "The will of God is not yet fulfilled. They must drink of the cup. They must be baptized with the baptism." {EW 272.2}

A time when God's people are definitely NOT in any safe, joyous kingdom on earth.
They have every earthly security stripped from them, and must depend totally and completely on God.
The whole world is against them.

But God has not forsaken them.

Soon I heard the voice of God, which shook the heavens and the earth. There was a mighty earthquake. Buildings were shaken down on every side. I then heard a triumphant shout of victory, loud, musical, and clear. I looked upon the company, who, a short time before, were in such distress and bondage. Their captivity was turned. A glorious light shone upon them. How beautiful they then looked! All marks of care and weariness were gone, and health and beauty were seen in every countenance.

God turns the captivity of His people.
He pronounces His blessing upon them
His law is revealed from the heavens.
The day and hour of Christ's coming is announced.

Their
enemies, the heathen around them, fell like dead men; they could not endure the light that shone upon the delivered, holy ones. This light and glory remained upon them, until Jesus was seen in the clouds of heaven, and the faithful, tried company were changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, from glory to glory. And the graves were opened, and the saints came forth, clothed with immortality, crying, "Victory over death and the grave"; and together with the living saints they were caught up to meet their Lord in the air, while rich, musical shouts of glory and victory were upon every immortal tongue. {EW 272.3}

Christ takes His faithful to the TRUE kingdom which is the crowning hope of His people.

Re: Church Purification [Re: dedication] #171520
01/27/15 06:44 AM
01/27/15 06:44 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ok, let us thank Dedication for her ideas, however off track they may be. Now, let us look at SOP, the quotes that "Houteff" often used as a basis for His writings (SRod and Tracts and Timely Greetings sermon addresses). But let's remember the Lord judges, we shall see someday very soon, see who stands and who falls, will it be you, will it be me? (Mal. 3:1-5). Choose Truth my brethren!

ALL QUOTES FROM SPIRIT OF PROPHECY

1) “The triumph of the church is very near, the reward to be bestowed is almost within our reach, and yet iniquity is found among those who claim to have the full blaze of heaven's light.

He who presides over His church and the destinies of nations is carrying forward the last work to be accomplished for this world. To His angels He gives the commission to execute His judgments. Let the ministers awake, let them take in the situation. The work of judgment begins at the sanctuary. "And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brazen altar." Read Ezekiel 9:2-7.” (Testimonies to Min. p.431)

Comment: Before the triumph of the church, “judgment” begins at the sanctuary. Before the world has it's judgments, the church first experiences God's judgment. And this judgment is the solemn Ezekiel 9 vision.

2) “The church may appear as about to fall, but it dies not fall. It remains, while the sinners in Zion will be sifted out—the chaff separated from the precious wheat. This is a terrible ordeal, but nevertheless it must take place.” (2 Selected Messages , p.380)

Comment: The church remains while a “sifting out” of sinners in it's midst takes place. Zion is referred to as His church. Notice the wicked are “sifted out” instead of the righteous taken out of her. SOP is clear who does the work of separation--

“The time of harvest will fully determine the character of the two classes specified under the figure of the tares and wheat. The work of separation is given to the angels of God, and not committed into the hands of any man.” (TM. p.47)

3) “While the investigative judgment is going forward in heaven..there is to be a special work of purification, of putting away of sin, among God's people upon earth.” (GC, p.425)

Comment: During the Lord's time in the most holy compartment up in heaven, a purification takes place “among God's people upon earth.” Sin is divinely eliminated. Notice this is “while” Jesus is in the holy sanctuary. Will man on his own put away sin by purification? Of course not, only the King can do this.

4) “Many, I saw, were flattering themselves that they were good Christians, who have not a single ray of light from Jesus. They know not what it is to be renewed by the grace of God. They have no living experience for themselves in the things of God. And I saw that the Lord was whetting His sword in heaven to cut them down. Oh, that every lukewarm professor could realize the clean work that God is about to make among His professed people! Dear friends, do not deceive yourselves concerning your condition. You cannot deceive God. Says the True Witness: "I know thy works." The third angel is leading up a people, step by step, higher and higher. At every step they will be tested.”(Testimonies, vol. 1, p.190)

Comment: “Clean work” among who? The remnant church, His “professed people”. To be clear and have no excuse who this purification is directed to—it comes under the heading “Laodicean Church.”

5) “Angels keep a faithful record of every man's work, and as judgment passes upon the house of God, the sentence of each is recorded by his name, and the angel is commissioned to spare not the unfaithful servants, but to cut them down at the time of slaughter.” (Testimonies, vol.1, p.198)

Comment: Again as we notice through out these references, “angels” do God's solemn work not any man.

6)After quoting Ezekiel 9 she says-- “Here we see that the church--the Lord's sanctuary--was the first to feel the stroke of the wrath of God. The ancient men, those to whom God had given great light and who had stood as guardians of the
spiritual interests of the people, had betrayed their trust. They had taken the position that we need not
look for miracles and the marked manifestation of God's power as in former days. Times have
changed.

These words strengthen their unbelief, and they say: The Lord will not do good, neither will
He do evil. He is too merciful to visit His people in judgment. Thus "Peace and safety" is the cry from
men who will never again lift up their voice like a trumpet to show God's people their transgressions
and the house of Jacob their sins. These dumb dogs that would not bark are the ones who feel the just
vengeance of an offended God. Men, maidens, and little children all perish together. “(Testimonies, vol.5, p.211)

Comment: After describing Ezek. 9 EGW says “the Lord's sanctuary was the first to feel the stroke of God.” As we SDA all know, the plagues are certainly “strokes” of God's wrath. Who among us would say that the painful and horrible sores on the mouths of the cursed, would not be a stroke of God's wrath? Obviously the church purificaton (Ezek. 9) happens before that first plague.

Let us stop here and think this through. This is why the SRod teaches that the reference (GC p.656) is a secondary application. Because if the Ezek. 9 judgment occurs during the 6th or 7th plague, then the above statement is false and unreliable, because The Lord's sanctuary would not be the "first", it would obviously be the heathen who are in the world or Babylon (who experience the sores).

7) “God has not changed toward His faithful servants who are keeping their garments spotless. But many are crying, "Peace and safety," while sudden destruction is coming upon them. Unless there is thorough repentance, unless men humble their hearts by confession and receive the truth as it is in Jesus, they will never enter heaven. When purification shall take place in our ranks, we shall no longer rest at ease, boasting of being rich and increased with goods, in need of nothing.” (Testimonies, vol. 8, p.250)

Comment” Who are these crying “peace and safety”? Our own ministers who soon will no longer have a voice to “show God's people their transgressions and the house of Jacob (SDA church) their sins.” Now is the time to repent and accept His fearful church judgment warnings!

8) “There is a lack of moral and spiritual power throughout our Conferences. Many churches do not have light in themselves. The members do not give evidence that they are branches of the True Vine, by bearing much fruit to the glory of God, but appear to be withering away...They understand not the true application of the Scriptures, nor the power of God. They have eyes, but they see not; ears have they, but they hear not; they continue in their evil ways, yet regard themselves as the privileged, obedient people who are doers of the word. A carnal security and ease in Zion prevail. Peace, peace, is sounded in her borders, when God has not spoken peace. They have forfeited the terms of peace; there is reason for an alarm to be sounded in all “my holy mountain.” The sinners in Zion should be afraid, in a time when they do not expect it, sudden destruction will surely come upon all who are at ease.” (RH December 23, 1890)

Comment: Again we notice the church is referred to as “Zion” and in it the “sinners” will be surprised by the “sudden destruction.” This shows that something from the Lord happens suddenly and catches those who are at ease. This all makes sense because the prevailing message right now in our church is—peace and safety. The warning message of church purification is largely ignored, even ridiculed!

9) “God has promised that where the shepherds are not true He will take charge of the flock Himself. God has never made the flock wholly dependent upon human instrumentalities. But the days of purification of the church are hastening on apace. God will have a people pure and true. In the mighty sifting soon to take place we shall be better able to measure the strength of Israel. The signs reveal that the time is near when the Lord will manifest that His fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly purge His floor.”(Testimonies, vol. 5, p.80)

Comment: The purification shall produce a church which can be “measured” and thus show the Lord's strength because of it purification by purging, the sinners removed from it's midst.

10) “The plain, straight testimony must live in the church, or the curse of God will rest upon His people as surely as it did upon ancient Israel because of their sins. God holds His people, as a body, responsible for the sins existing in individuals among them. If the leaders of the church neglect to diligently search out the sins which bring the displeasure of God upon the body, they become responsible for these sins.” (Testimonies, vol. 3, p.270)

Comment: The WHOLE church will suffer if the people do not reform. Those who “sigh and cry” for the abominations done IN THE CHURCH are the only ones promised to receive the seal of God in their forehead (read Testimonies, vol. 3, p.267).

11) “God's displeasure is upon His people, and He will not manifest His power in the midst of them while sins exist among them and are fostered by those in responsible positions.” (Testimonies, vol. 3, p.267)

Comment: Notice that God's power will not be shown, while the current SDA churches have their current leadership. Sins fostered everywhere will have to change before the blind can see, the dead are raised, miracles occurring in the world by His remnant church.

12) “The purging and cleansing will surely pass through every church in our land that has had great opportunities and privileges, and has passed them by unheeded. More evidence is not what they want. They need pure and sanctified hearts to gather up and retain all the light that God has given, and then they will walk in that light.”( TM p.414, under heading TO MINSTERS and WORKERS)

13) “Study the 9th chapter of Ezekiel. These words will be literally fulfilled; yet the time is passing, and the people are asleep. They refuse to humble their souls and to be converted. Not a great while longer will the Lord bear with the people who have such great and important truths revealed to them, but who refuse to bring these truths into their individual experience. The time is short. God is calling; will you hear? Will you receive His message? Will you be converted before it is too late? Soon, very soon, every case will be decided for eternity.” (Manuscript Releases, vol. 1, p.260)

Comment: This purification is not speaking of the world but “the people who have such great and important truths revealed to them”-- the SDA church!

14) “The great issue so near at hand will weed out those whom God has not appointed and He will have a pure, true, sanctified ministry prepared for the latter rain..” (Selected Messages, vol. 3, p.385)

Comment: After seeing all the above quotes the “great issue” can be none other than Ezek.9 church judgment. Who among us thinks that the false brethren will withdraw themselves from the church voluntarily? Have they ever done this in our SDA history? The only way they will go is by God's direct judgment.

15) “As we near the judgment, all will manifest their true character, and it will be mad plain to what company they belong. The sieve is moving. Let us not say : Stay Thy hand, O God. The church must be purged, and it will be.” (Testimonies, vol. 1, p.100)

16) “The desolation of Jerusalem stands as a solemn warning before the eyes of modern Israel, that the corrections given through His chosen instruments cannot be disregarded with impunity.”(Testimonies, vol. 4, p.167)

Comment: The SDA church is referred to as “modern Israel”. Those who are now warning must not be “disregarded”!

17) “There is chaff among us, and this is why we are so weak.” (Testimonies, vol. 1, p.288)

18) “Those who come up to every point, and stand every test, and overcome, be the price what is may, have heeded the counsel of the True Witness, and they will receive the latter rain, and thus be fitted for translation.”( Testimonies, vol. 1, p.187, 188)

Comment: From this we need to find out exactly what is the “counsel of the True Witness”. What message is it?

19) “The great work of the gospel is not to close with less manifestation of the power of God than marked its opening. The prophecies which were fulfilled in the outpouring of the former rain at the opening of the gospel are again to be fulfilled in the latter rain at its close.” (GC, p.611)

20) “The time of God's destructive judgments is the time of mercy for those who have no opportunity to learn what is truth. Tenderly will the Lord look upon them. His heart of mercy is touched; His hand is still stretched out to save, while the door is closed to those who would not enter. Large numbers will be admitted who in these last days hear the truth for the first time.” (RH, July 5, 1906)

21) “When God was about to smite the first-born of Egypt, He commanded the Israelites to gather their
children from among the Egyptians into their own dwellings and strike their door posts with blood, that
the destroying angel might see it and pass over their homes. It was the work of parents to gather in
their children. This is your work, this is my work, and the work of every mother who believes the truth.
The angel is to place a mark upon the forehead of all who are separated from sin and sinners, and the
destroying angel will follow, to slay utterly both old and young.” (Testimonies, vol. 5, p.505)

Comment: This warning is given to “our” people not the world. Ezek. 9 is spoken of as a SDA church warning. This paragraph was under the heading “The Education of our children (to sister C.)”

Summary

We see overwhelming evidence of a church purification. Now, our question would be why a church purification? Why would it be needed if the Lord comes in the clouds to take the righteous away? Next we'll show Scripture showing this same church purification. Then we'll answer the above questions in the final post.

(If you'd been blessed by all means print this out)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/27/15 07:52 AM.
Re: Church Purification [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171531
01/27/15 10:28 AM
01/27/15 10:28 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
GLL's quotes:

The red is added context:

1) All fornicators will be outside the City of God. Already God's angels are at work in judgment, and the Spirit of God is gradually leaving the world.“The triumph of the church is very near, the reward to be bestowed is almost within our reach, and yet iniquity is found among those who claim to have the full blaze of heaven's light.
He who presides over His church and the destinies of nations is carrying forward the last work to be accomplished for this world. To His angels He gives the commission to execute His judgments. Let the ministers awake, let them take in the situation. The work of judgment begins at the sanctuary. "And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brazen altar." Read Ezekiel 9:2-7.” (Testimonies to Min. p.431)
The words will soon be spoken, "Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth."

What does it mean?
We are near the end of time.
Christ is completing His work for the WORLD.
Soon the plagues will fall.
Don't think you will escape the judgment, those who have the full blaze of light will be the first to receive the outrage of the deceived.

Understand it in light of EGW's own explanation in GC 656

During the seventh plague when God steps in to deliver His people:

"The people see that they have been deluded. They accuse one another of having led them to destruction; but all unite in heaping their bitterest condemnation upon the ministers...."We are lost!" they cry, "and you are the cause of our ruin;" and they turn upon the false shepherds..... Now the angel of death goes forth, represented in Ezekiel's vision by the men with the slaughtering weapons...The false watchmen are the first to fall. GC 656

Re: Church Purification [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171532
01/27/15 10:37 AM
01/27/15 10:37 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Next quote GLL's quote in blue

Again let's add the context (in red):

2)Support will be withdrawn from those who proclaim God's only standard of righteousness, the only sure test of character. And all who will not bow to the decree of the national councils and obey the national laws to exalt the sabbath instituted by the man of sin, to the disregard of God's holy day, will feel, not the oppressive power of popery alone, but of the Protestant world, the image of the beast. {2SM 380.1}
Satan will work his miracles to deceive; he will set up his power as supreme. “The church may appear as about to fall, but it dies not fall. It remains, while the sinners in Zion will be sifted out—the chaff separated from the precious wheat. This is a terrible ordeal, but nevertheless it must take place.” (2 Selected Messages , p.380)

The context shows that this sifting is the result of the Sunday laws being passed.

The church will be sifted, TESTED, shaken, when every member is forced to make a decision -- to either throw their full commitment on the side of God, or leave and join the popular religious movement.
Indeed, those who have not taken Christ and His truth seriously will be shaken out. They leave.

Re: Church Purification [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171533
01/27/15 11:07 AM
01/27/15 11:07 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Next quote by GLL

“The time of harvest will fully determine the character of the two classes specified under the figure of the tares and wheat. The work of separation is given to the angels of God, and not committed into the hands of any man.” (TM. p.47)

This quote is taken from the parable of the wheat and tares.
The wheat and tares are to grow together until the harvest. We are not to judge the spirituality of others.

The issue concerning GLL's study is -- when is the harvest?

Houteff says it takes place for the church prior to the close of probation, prior to the Sunday laws, prior to the "Loud Cry".

According to Houteff, the angels kill all Adventists who do not accept Houteff's message before any of the last day events take place.

Yet, we saw in the previous passage that indeed it is the unfavorable political conditions and laws of the last crises against God's commandment keeping people that will cause so many to leave, it will appear the church is falling.

So when is this harvest?

The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; the enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world;

Re: Church Purification [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171535
01/27/15 11:37 AM
01/27/15 11:37 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
More quotes from GLL in blue

Context in red

Those who are living upon the earth when the intercession of Christ shall cease in the sanctuary above, are to stand in the sight of a holy God without a mediator. Their robes must be spotless, their characters must be purified from sin by the blood of sprinkling. Through the grace of God and their own diligent effort, they must be conquerors in the battle with evil.
“While the investigative judgment is going forward in heaven..while the sins of penitent believers are being removed from the sanctuary,there is to be a special work of purification, of putting away of sin, among God's people upon earth.” (GC, p.425)

This is talking about personal cleansing from sin. Seeking forgiveness, and praying for the New Heart and Mind in Christ.

4) “Many, I saw, were flattering themselves that they were good Christians, who have not a single ray of light from Jesus. They know not what it is to be renewed by the grace of God. They have no living experience for themselves in the things of God. And I saw that the Lord was whetting His sword in heaven to cut them down. Oh, that every lukewarm professor could realize the clean work that God is about to make among His professed people! Dear friends, do not deceive yourselves concerning your condition. You cannot deceive God. Says the True Witness: "I know thy works." The third angel is leading up a people, step by step, higher and higher. At every step they will be tested.”(Testimonies, vol. 1, p.190)

Indeed, God is TESTING His people, leading them step by step. He wants to clean them from sin, so they need not perish.
The cleansing comes by testing, encouraging us to put our full weight and trust on His strength.
The message to Laodicea is to invite Christ fully into ones life, for simply a knowledge of truth is not enough.

Turn to Christ, He is gently knocking wanting to come in and with HIM fully in one's life, He will cloth you with His robe of righteousness, He will give the gold of faith, and salve of discernment. Invite Him into your life and He will present you faultless before the throne of God!

5) I saw that some of God's professed people are like the man who hid his talent in the earth. They keep their possessions from doing good in the cause of God. They claim that these are their own, and that they have a right to do what they please with their own; and souls are not saved by judicious efforts made by them with their Lord's money
Angels keep a faithful record of every man's work, and as judgment passes upon the house of God, the sentence of each is recorded by his name, and the angel is commissioned to spare not the unfaithful servants, but to cut them down at the time of slaughter.” (Testimonies, vol.1, p.198)

So yes, there is a time coming when the people of God enter eternal life, and the those who lived for self will perish.
But when is that time?

"Unless they repent, and leave the work of Satan in oppressing those who have the burden of the work and in holding up the hands of sinners in Zion, they will never receive the mark of God's sealing approval. They will fall in the general destruction of the wicked, represented by the work of the five men bearing slaughter weapons.

They will fall in the GENERAL destruction of the wicked which takes place at the END of the World, not prior to some temporal kingdom of peace and safety being set up.

Re: Church Purification [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171536
01/27/15 12:38 PM
01/27/15 12:38 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Yes, there will be a cleansing of the church.
Yes, we must come to Christ for cleansing of hearts and minds,
or we won't have the courage or the strength, or even the inclination to stand in the testing time,
If we aren't living for Christ now, we won't receive the Holy Spirit to boldly proclaim the last message --

But that cleansing is
not according to Houteff's depiction.
Nor is it related to any kingdom in Palestine.

Taking the quotes that deal with the need to turn to Christ for personal cleansing from sin while Christ is still in His sanctuary, and putting a slant on them to try and show that this cleansing is done by the sudden destruction of millions of Adventists while the heavenly sanctuary of forgiveness and mercy is still open is wrong interpretation.

Taking quotes that deal with the testing, shaking, and shifting time, when every member will be forced to decide to fully surrender everything for Christ even at the risk of life itself (which a minority will do) or join the popular movement, (which a great many will do) and placing those quotes dealing with the shaking/shifting in a study trying to prove this shifting, testing time represents actual angels killing all Adventists who don't accept Houteff's theories, is a wrong interpretation.

Placing something that is plainly identified as happening at the end of the world, during the seventh and last plague , and interpreting it as "angels" systematically killing all Seventh-day Adventist who refuse Houteff's interpretations prior to all the last day events, is not reading these statements properly.

While the quotes used were written to encourage members to take their connection with Christ seriously, to be grounded in truth and faith, and to forsake the sins of the world, or they will perish with the world, they do not support the basic premise which is being presented by SRod.

There is NO PEACE AND SAFETY ahead --
It is Houteff's teachings that promises an illusionary peace and safety ahead to all that follow Houteff. He's the one that promises a trip to present Palestine will supposedly bring peace and safety and escape from the major problems of the time of trouble, after the Adventists are done away with. And that all nations of the world will come flowing to them to learn the truth and join them. That is not Adventist teachings. Adventist teachings do NOT promise peace and safety in this old world.
While the light of truth WILL flash across the world and everyone will be brought to decision, there is no picture of a huge safe, righteous and peaceful kingdom where even the wild animals are tame, and where all nations no longer study war, and where an antitypical human king David rules, welcoming the Lord at His second coming.

There is no peace and safety until Christ delivers His people and takes them to His Father's house.
Scripture says things will get worse and worse.

Satan would love to get rid of all opposition to his great attempt to set up a kingdom where he is worshipped as Christ.

Re: Church Purification [Re: dedication] #171570
01/29/15 07:39 AM
01/29/15 07:39 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Next we'll show the Scriptures showing the purification of God's church. Then we'll answer the specific reason "why" God will finally have a pure church.

Re: Church Purification [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171593
01/30/15 06:26 AM
01/30/15 06:26 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Let us now look at the Scriptures that point to a church purification--

Isaiah 4:3-5 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, when the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning. holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem: and the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defense.

Isaiah 66:16-20 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.And I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Joel 2:1-11 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them, The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Brethren this is but a small sample, if I hear from just one of you that you want more I shall post more.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/30/15 07:46 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!