HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171468
01/24/15 05:27 AM
01/24/15 05:27 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- Are these SRod interpretations leading me to the Bible and to Christ, or are they trying to lead me to Houteff?

Counsel advises-

Those who allow prejudice to bar the mind against the reception of truth cannot receive the divine enlightenment. Yet, when a view of Scripture is presented, many do not ask, Is it true--in harmony with God's word? but, By whom is it advocated? and unless it comes through the very channel that pleases them, they do not accept it.

So thoroughly satisfied are they with their own ideas that they will not examine the Scripture evidence with a desire to learn, but refuse to be interested, merely because of their prejudices.(TM, p.105-106)

Ded-But Satan, in his final attempt to receive worship as if he were God, will attempt to set up a righteous sounding kingdom in Palestine

While it's useless to continue to go round and round with you on Scripture to point out the pre-Mil kingdom, could you provide Inspiration for this idea of Satan's kingdom in Palestine?

Ded- The timing of the special resurrection mentioned in Daniel 12:1
This resurrection takes place during seventh last plague well after probation has closed for the whole world and God steps in to deliver His people.
SRod place it before the LOUD CRY and maintain that the dead are raised to help in this work.

We've done a thorough study on this, no use to help you here, but for others please see our post -- Special Resurrection

Ded-Yes, after reading that I did write on the "counterfeit kingdom" thread, that such a depiction convinces me that SRod followers may well take things in their own hands.

GLL now presents those words as if I said it was definite that they would, but that was not the case.

One must be either blind or , purposely ignorant, or deceitful to think that the post shows 'people" will rise up and do killing. What part of 'angels" do you not understand? You try to continually twist things, which is so clear to those who watch your story line.

So now you are back tracking? Actually for your own soul's sake I would hope so.

Ded-. I asked GLL, what a SRod follower would do if a being, that looked like Houteff, talked like Houteff, and shared experiences unique to Houteff, appeared and told them it was God's will to do the cleansing, just as God had commanded Joshua of old? What would they do?

Sorry, but honestly?? I mean I am chuckling at a) your non-sense hypothetical a) your lack of understanding the Lord's Rod.

But to go along with your idea-- First any "Rod" believer knows the Rod and what it teaches. It does not say that "man" or any human being will EVER do any "cleansing" in future. So if someone would come and pretend to be V.T. Houteff (even if it appears to be some type of resurrection) and say something like "go kill people to clean the church" they'd know it was Satan , not Houteff speaking.

The prophetess explains in Testimonies vol. 7, under the chapter called 'Acceptable Service" how her work is all about "soul saving". She writes "Your work, my work, will not cease with this life. For a little while we may rest in the grave, but when the call comes, we shall, in the kingdom of God, take up the work once more."

Now anyone who knows how to read "context' can clearly see that her work of 'soul saving" shall continue "when the call comes" in "the kingdom". Of course Dedication will spin this, but it's clear as crystal.

Further in Daniel 12:2-3 we read--

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."

Brethren, those righteous that are resurrected here, will do something. They "turn many to righteousness." Now, will there be a need to turn souls to righteousness in heaven? Or will there be a need while in probationary time?

The wicked shall include the evil soldiers who mocked and agonized the King.

This is the "Special Resurrection" that serves the Lord's purpose. Check out our post link we showed above.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/24/15 07:31 AM.
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171491
01/25/15 01:09 AM
01/25/15 01:09 AM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
Ded- Are these SRod interpretations leading me to the Bible and to Christ, or are they trying to lead me to Houteff?

Counsel advises-

Those who allow prejudice to bar the mind against the reception of truth cannot receive the divine enlightenment. Yet, when a view of Scripture is presented, many do not ask, Is it true--in harmony with God's word? but, By whom is it advocated? and unless it comes through the very channel that pleases them, they do not accept it.

So thoroughly satisfied are they with their own ideas that they will not examine the Scripture evidence with a desire to learn, but refuse to be interested, merely because of their prejudices.(TM, p.105-106)

Not an answer to my question.

If the "channel" is not leading us to Christ and the Bible but is using prophetic writings to draw disciples after himself, then indeed we need to BEWARE!!!!

When we ask "is it true" and find it is not -- then it is imperative we not place that "channel" between us and Biblical truth.

ACTS 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

This is Zechariah 4

But you say Houteff's study tells us we must not go directly to the "trees" HOLY SCRIPTURE to find truth?

Yet we are told:

" False doctrines will sap the foundations of many, because they have not learned to discern truth from error. Our only safeguard against the wiles of Satan is to diligently study the Scriptures; to have an intelligent understanding of the reasons of our faith; Maranatha Chpt. 87

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: kland] #171494
01/25/15 02:16 AM
01/25/15 02:16 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
That's what I'm finding with the promoters of error. It's almost as if they key in on problems and then offer their "solution". It's almost as if they go through the commentary, and everywhere there is any statement which states that they aren't sure, or it is unclear, the error promoters jump at offering "the truth". If Adventists have interpreted scripture wrong in places, then they grab hold of it and offer what they say is correct. So the unsuspecting realizes the errors and problems with the church and then become deceived into something much worse and sinister.

Yes, it does seem to work that way.

I remember reading about Martin Luther, who (along with the other reformers) was linking the papacy with the little horn of Daniel and the harlot of Revelation 17. Yet Luther had some problems with understanding the book of Revelation. Then the counter-reformation Jesuits (like Alcasar and Ribera) who wrote commentaries on Revelation to get the finger pointing away from the papacy, presented themselves (and the Catholic church) as the true defenders of the prophecies.

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171495
01/25/15 02:49 AM
01/25/15 02:49 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
GLL writes: "First any "Rod" believer knows the Rod and what it teaches. It does not say that "man" or any human being will EVER do any "cleansing" in future."

However, the scriptures, as well as EGW does say there will be an attempted "cleansing" by people-- though for wrong reasons. Also the new age prophets that predict the coming of the "masters" (which will be none other than fallen angels personating people) to supposedly help the world advance to higher spiritual levels, state that all opposers must die.

HOWEVER that attempted "cleansing" will be a "cleansing" in reverse, trying to get rid of the opposition in the supposed earthly restoration of peace, by putting to death Christ's true followers who are opposed to it.

Hopefully your group will stick to your statement -- though there are SRod groups who are not so sure. And you gave a classic formula by which it could be done.

As to "angels" --
Prophecy gives many meanings to the word "angels".
For one -- angels are pictured as giving the three angels messages. What does "angels" mean there?

The "angels" of the seven churches to whom John addresses his letters -- who are the seven angels there?

Lastly, when EGW does give her depiction of the last verses of Ezekiel nine, even though she says "the angel goes forth" she describes the scene as people turning on each other (see GC 656)

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171524
01/27/15 07:38 AM
01/27/15 07:38 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
I have already given Dedication many many SOP quotes showing that "angels" do God's work of Ezek. 9, what good would it be to give them again??

"When their questions have been fairly answered, they will turn the subject and bring up another point to avoid acknowledging the truth."
(TM. p.108-109)

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171526
01/27/15 08:07 AM
01/27/15 08:07 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- As to "angels" --
For one -- angels are pictured as giving the three angels messages. What does "angels" mean there?

The "angels" of the seven churches to whom John addresses his letters -- who are the seven angels there?

Does it really matter ? If I give you a sensible true answer you'll overlook it and deny it like you have from the beginning since i joined this site. Your prejudices have got you stymied.There are excellent answers but it'll be a waste if you'll not acknowledge them.

"Those who allow prejudice to bar the mind against the reception of truth cannot receive the divine enlightenment." (Testimonies to Ministers, p.105-106)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/27/15 08:08 AM.
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171528
01/27/15 09:10 AM
01/27/15 09:10 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
Quote:
Ded- As to "angels" --

Lastly, when EGW does give her depiction of the last verses of Ezekiel nine, even though she says "the angel goes forth" she describes the scene as people turning on each other (see GC 656)

Does it really matter ?

Of course it matters.
The obvious answer is that those "angels" refer to PEOPLE.

Which I'm sure you realize.

The issue is this -- in trying to support this "wrong-time frame" for the latter part of Ezek. 9 --

Quotations are used that speak of "cleansing" which obviously refer to people being cleansed FROM their sin, but the quotes are used as if they support the wrong time frame for Ezek 9.

Quotations are used that speak of the "shaking" and "sifting" and "testing" time which will be a terrible ordeal, when the members of the church will be brought to a point of decision where they either have to throw their full weight on God's side, or they (many who are ungrounded and careless) leave the truth and join the popular movements -- but those quotes are used to again support this misplaced Ezekiel prediction instead of what the quotes are really saying.

Quotations where EGW clearly links the latter part of Ez.9 to the general destruction, and in GC 656 describes it as taking place during the seventh plague, are dismissed, or explained away.

The fact that angels are very much involved in everything that happens in the outworking of the Great Controversy does not mean they work independently of people --

Granted you most likely believe what you write,
but I see a lot of problems with some of those beliefs.

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171544
01/28/15 03:09 PM
01/28/15 03:09 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
So what would this mean:
Quote:
I saw angels hurrying to and fro in heaven. An angel with a writer's inkhorn by his side returned from the earth and reported to Jesus that his work was done, and the saints were numbered and sealed. Then I saw Jesus, who had been ministering before the ark containing the ten commandments, throw down the censer. He raised His hands, and with a loud voice said, "It is done." And all the angelic host laid off their crowns as Jesus made the solemn declaration, "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." {EW 279.2}

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #171567
01/29/15 06:12 AM
01/29/15 06:12 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Notice she omits what I meant by "does it matter?"

Here's the rest--(This was given in response to her asking who the 7 angels were).

"If I give you a sensible true answer you'll overlook it and deny
it like you have from the beginning since i joined this site. Your prejudices have got you stymied.There are excellent answers but it'll be a waste if you'll not acknowledge them."

"Those who allow prejudice to bar the mind against the reception of truth cannot receive the divine enlightenment." (Testimonies to Ministers, p.105-106)

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: kland] #171581
01/30/15 02:56 AM
01/30/15 02:56 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
So what would this mean:
Quote:
I saw angels hurrying to and fro in heaven. An angel with a writer's inkhorn by his side returned from the earth and reported to Jesus that his work was done, and the saints were numbered and sealed. Then I saw Jesus, who had been ministering before the ark containing the ten commandments, throw down the censer. He raised His hands, and with a loud voice said, "It is done." And all the angelic host laid off their crowns as Jesus made the solemn declaration, "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." {EW 279.2}

When the sealing is complete probation closes.

When is the solemn declaration "It is Done" made?
Rev. 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!