HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,949 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #171519
01/27/15 06:06 AM
01/27/15 06:06 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Those articles are what "uninspired" men had to say, their opinions. This is all the more the reason for validating what the Lord's lesson of Zech.4 makes. Inspired prophets are to interpret the prophecies. Not Uriah Smith, James White or Dedication. Thanks for giving us a good example.

Now, if you find EGW writes something to your liking concerning Isaiah 2:2-4, I'm all ears, or in this case--eyes.

So your point of using them to back up your view that Isaiah 2:2-4 does not mean what it clearly says, falls short.

"Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the Lord. (Jer. 17:15)

"The language of the Bible should be explained according to it's obvious meaning, unless a symbol or figure is employed. Christ has given the promise: "if any man will do His will, he shall know of the doctrine" (John 7:17. If men would but take the Bible as it reads, if there were no false teachers to mislead and confuse their minds, a work would be accomplished that would make angels glad and that would bring into the fold of Christ thousands who are now wandering in error." (GC, p.598-599)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/27/15 06:07 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #171529
01/27/15 09:21 AM
01/27/15 09:21 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Scripture itself shows that what these Adventist pioneers wrote is correct.

Remember Quotation Marks are NOT INSPIRED.
They are the works of men -- and they are NOT in the KJV.

Why should I rely on the works of modern bible translator's quotation marks for my understanding????
The grammar in the passage clearly shows who is talking --

Just as an example -- if someone were to write:

The young folks said, Let us go to the church, to the house of the Lord, and we will hear God's message and the preacher will tell those that bully people to stop, and they will stop bullying people, for in church the Word of God is spoken. So let us all go to church.
Therefore the parents grounded them because they were only going there to avoid doing their homework.

Would you know who said what?

Originally Posted By: dedication

The only way to determine who says what is to carefully look for the grammatical "VOICE" in the passage.

Basic English grammar confirms that VERSES 3-5 are all in the "WE/US" voice showing it is the people speaking.

Isaiah 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

2:6 Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and [are] soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.

It is the people talking

They keep saying "LET US" "WE WILL" "LET US" showing it is still the people talking all through verse 3-5.

This is not God speaking, this is the people speaking.
The grammar confirms it.

So yes it is the people saying everything in those verses.

These people THINK they are building God's kingdom.

In verse 6 there is a change in "voice".
It is no more the "US" and "WE" voice.

Now Isaiah is speaking
saying
Therefore "Thou" referring to God
hast forsaken "them"
referring to the people who were talking in verses 3-5.

Why has God forsaken them.

Because they be replenished from east (false religious ideas??) southsayers (false prophets???) They aren't really listening to God at all.

Now notice -- these many people say --

"nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

They are saying the nations will not learn war any more.

BUT scripture shows something very different for at Christ's second coming:
Rev. 19:19 the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse,

This passage (as well as it's equivalent in Micah 4) tell us that there will be a counterfeit kingdom gathering in the "mount of the Lord" just before Christ comes, but it does not go well with them as the rest of the chapter depicts.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171530
01/27/15 10:04 AM
01/27/15 10:04 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Since the SRod uses that passage in Isaiah 2:2-5 as proof of an earthly, temporary, righteous kingdom in present day Jerusalem -- to send forth the law from Zion and the word of the Lord from Jersualem. ---

What does EGW say?

Quote:
"Then I was pointed to some who are in the great error of believing that it is their duty to go to Old Jerusalem, and think they have a work to do there before the Lord comes. EW 75

Quote:

To the last, they (the disciples) looked for a temporal kingdom, to be established at Jerusalem. Christ's revelation of the scenes to take place at the destruction of Jerusalem, they associated with his personal coming, when he himself would punish the Jews, but would also free them from Roman bondage. He had told them definitely that he would come a second time, and they thought that probably his judgments would fall upon those who had rejected his love. He would then, they thought, lay low every stone in the temple; for they believed that no earthly power could do this....

"But as the days of Noe were," Christ continued, "so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Christ does not here bring to view a temporal millennium,--a thousand years in which all are to prepare for eternity. He tells us that as it was in Noah's day, so will it be when the Son of man comes. {RH, December 27, 1898 par. 10}

Remember the warning, "As the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." It was because of the wickedness of the inhabitants of the old world, that they were destroyed; and today the world is following in the same way. No flattering signs of millennial glory are to be seen.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: dedication] #171572
01/29/15 01:27 PM
01/29/15 01:27 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
dedication, could you just sort out this little discrepancy:
(I'm not the one advocating that no one has the right to interpret scripture --- I believe everyone needs to prayerfully ask the Holy Spirit to lead them to truth as they ponder the things in scripture)

From the "Why is rejection of the SOP happening?" thread:
People are rejecting Ellen White's writings so they can interpret scriptures for themselves, yet obviously everyone interprets it differently.

... it amazes me how people can now toss her writings out so they can adjust their understanding of the Bible more closely to the new age ways.

The first quote says you should study for yourself, the second two say you should let EGW tell you what Scripture says.

So, we can "interpret" Scripture for ourselves, as long as we come to the same conclusion EGW does.

Last edited by JAK; 01/29/15 01:34 PM.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171583
01/30/15 03:20 AM
01/30/15 03:20 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Personally, I have found EGW's messages to be inspired, leading us to scripture and to Christ. It's absolutely amazing for me to see how her interpretations of prophecies are now being fulfilled, prophecies that many scoffed at in years past. And yes, people have to push EGW aside if they want to accept the modern popular movements that she predicted would arise and lead many astray.

However -- what you believe is between you and God and your study of scripture.
That is where you must find truth and ask the Holy Spirit to lead you into truth.

Scriptures come first --
Even Paul tells us the Berans were more noble because after they heard Paul's message they went home to study the scriptures to see if his words were true.

1 Thess. 5:20 Despise not prophesyings.
5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: JAK] #171586
01/30/15 04:04 AM
01/30/15 04:04 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Jak- what I have found from Dedication is that she strongly believes her spin on what she says. The Lord had to deal with the Pharisees and SOP says this--

"When their questions have been fairly answered, they turn the subject and bring up another point to avoid acknowledging the truth. [u]We should beware of indulging the spirit which controlled the Jews."

we did a post that addresses this exact situation and may the Lord forgive me for indulging Dedication more often than I should have.

Pharisee post

I will address those certain areas that I am led to address but I shall not waste my time as I know that it is "casting pearls before swine." I say this not with joy as she has the ability to learn just as many others can, and if the "Spirit of Truth" was to indeed guide her a good work would be performed before the Lord "takes the reins into His own hands." (Testimonies to Minsters, p.300)

The trouble is , she does not know what this 'taking the reins into His own hands" is about. Her idea of church purification is that the 'bad guys" run out of the church in the time of the Sunday law.This soundly falls flat on it's face according to both Scripture and SOP and of course the rejected Elijah message, which she hates.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/30/15 04:06 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171589
01/30/15 04:36 AM
01/30/15 04:36 AM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Everyone spins Scripture to suit themselves. But of the two of you, dedication is a lot closer to reality.

Last edited by JAK; 01/30/15 04:47 AM.

Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: JAK] #171592
01/30/15 06:05 AM
01/30/15 06:05 AM
G
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
No problem with each ones opinion, let's hope the Truth wins pray
We made a post you might like "help, I can't see"

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/30/15 07:53 AM.
Re: Understanding TWO probations from Scripture and SOP [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #171605
01/30/15 07:36 PM
01/30/15 07:36 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Oh, don't worry. I can see just fine, and I need no person to tell me what I'm looking at.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!