This was posted over at Facebook:
Quote:

I wanted to make each of you aware of some very sad news.

Years ago, when I was still at 3ABN, we began a work in Russia. It was truly historical as we were noted as being a few of the first westerners to enter Nizhny Novgorod, the third largest city in Russia, after the Iron Curtain fell.

Pastor John Carter came and conducted historical evangelistic meetings and there were literally thousands of baptisms. It is one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

We had the desire to have an evangelism center there which would house a church, as well as some TV studios where Russian programming could be produced. At that time, the laws did not allow for foreigners to be involved in such a project.

Julia Outkina was one of the converts from John Carter's meetings. Her brother, Boris Nemtsov was the governor of Nizhny Novgorod at the time. Because of her relationship to Boris, God made a way for the Center to be built. This was a HUGE deal at the time, undoubtedly a miracle. I have wonderful memories of our meetings with Boris. Boris has continued through the years being successful in politics in Russia.

I was very saddened to discover the news that Boris was shot and killed last night, age 55. He opposed Putin and the war in the Ukraine. He was calling for the Russian people to march against the war tomorrow, Sunday. He made public statements that he believed Putin would kill him because of his position.

Please pray for Julia, her family and the situation in Russia. It is truly a devastating loss.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php