HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The vernal equinox and the new moon. [Re: Elle] #154919
08/12/13 03:59 PM
08/12/13 03:59 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
So Jerusalem is no longer important but you use it as an important reference point for calendars? And this makes sense, why?

Re: The vernal equinox and the new moon. [Re: kland] #172597
03/27/15 02:32 PM
03/27/15 02:32 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Guess no sense has been made.

Re: The vernal equinox and the new moon. [Re: kland] #172598
03/27/15 02:51 PM
03/27/15 02:51 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Ex 34:22 And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.
I've read some say the year's end means middle. They use the Hebrew word meaning revolution or circuit and say that means middle. Therefore, they say, since the middle of the year falls on the fall equinox, then the beginning of the year falls on the spring equinox.

However, this only works out if you start the beginning of the year at the spring equinox. Meaning, they are using circular reasoning. The question is, when does the year start. By saying it starts at the spring equinox and it's proved by the middle falling on the fall equinox makes no sense at all.

Then, there's the issue of why "end/revolution/course/circuit/come about" means "middle"....

Oh and,
Ex 23:16 And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field.

which uses a different Hebrew word for "end" with various meanings such as come about, break out, bring forth, going out, lead out...

Re: The vernal equinox and the new moon. [Re: Charity] #172608
03/28/15 03:21 AM
03/28/15 03:21 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Jerusalem is the point of reference I agree. I think the Feast of Tabernacles and New Moons which we're told will be celebrated in the New Earth may well be calculated using Jerusalem as the reference point and using the same marker - the vernal equinox. The New Moons still need a starting point, a New Year, like the feasts do because celebrating the New Moons implies that a particular month in the yearly cycle is being observed.

Do you think there will be an equinox on the new earth?

Somehow I think things will be different on the new earth -- no more -40 degree winters with several feet of snow and freezing winds, nor hot scorching summers.

Rather it will be perfect climate all the time.

Rev. 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light:

Isaiah 49:10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them

Re: The vernal equinox and the new moon. [Re: kland] #172609
03/28/15 03:34 AM
03/28/15 03:34 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Time --
do you think there will be months and years on the New Earth?
Will we be counting time by years? or by eternities?

Somehow I don't think time will be reckoned by the moon.

In the New Jerusalem there is not need for sun or moon.

Rev. 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof.

Months will be reckoned by the tree of life.

Rev. 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month:

Every month a new fruit will ripen on the tree of life.

Re: The vernal equinox and the new moon. [Re: Charity] #172611
03/28/15 03:41 AM
03/28/15 03:41 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
If the reference point is for Jerusalem, then this would mean it was indeed a Jewish calendar. . . ."
Through Moses, God said He would choose a place and put His name there. Jerusalem is the place He chose. It makes sense to measure time in reference to that place because 1) that's where God dwelt; 2) it's where He will dwell eternally; 3) it is where His people assembled at divinely appointed times; and 4) it is where His people will assemble at similar divinely appointed times.

If this is true, then Jerusalem should be the Prime Meridian Point, not Greenwich, England.

And if that is the case then the dateline should run through the eastern edge of Alaska. (180 degrees from Jerusalem) And Alaska, Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga etc. are all on Asian time.

Re: The vernal equinox and the new moon. [Re: dedication] #172616
03/28/15 09:54 AM
03/28/15 09:54 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Time --

Will the ripeness of the fruit determine the New Moon or will the New Moon determine the New Moon and the fruit follow the New Moon. In the beginning when God created the celestial bodies He gave them time-keeping authority - the sun to rule the day and the moon to rule the night. If the circuit of the sun defines a day and seven of these make a week so that the sun also defines the week it follows doesn't it that the moon defines the month which is independent of the week but not of the year which is defined by the sun.

Quote:
Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

The rule of the night by the moon implies that a month is the number of nights in the lunar cycle. The spiritual lesson is that the moon depicts our night of sin. We're not in total darkness because the Lord has given us a light in the darkness. That light is sufficient for us to know the way of Life. So in the Revelation, the pure woman is pictured as clothed with the Sun, the righteousness of Christ, with the Moon under her feet. She stands on the revealed Word of God which is like a lamp in the dark, lighting the path for her feet.

On a different topic I agree Dedication that the prime meridian should be Jerusalem. But I would hesitate to use that to settle the date-line issue. Local time-keeping is better I think.

Re: The vernal equinox and the new moon. [Re: kland] #172618
03/28/15 03:28 PM
03/28/15 03:28 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
We need to be careful….prophecies are not to be read literally. This has been made clear by the Lord Himself when He told Aaron and Myryam the difference between a Prophet and Moses. In Num 12:8 He said He speaks in “dark speeches”(chiydah) to prophets in visions and dreams. The Hebrew word chiydah means a puzzle, a riddle which needs to be solved. This means that all the prophets and the book of Revelation are spoken in “dark speeches” that requires that we learn the meanings of the symbolism used in the riddle to come to solve the puzzle.

Originally Posted By: MarkS
The rule of the night by the moon implies that a month is the number of nights in the lunar cycle. The spiritual lesson is that the moon depicts our night of sin. We're not in total darkness because the Lord has given us a light in the darkness. That light is sufficient for us to know the way of Life. So in the Revelation, the pure woman is pictured as clothed with the Sun, the righteousness of Christ, with the Moon under her feet. She stands on the revealed Word of God which is like a lamp in the dark, lighting the path for her feet.

This is a good example of solving a riddle and how to take prophecies.

I agree with Dedication that the barley ripeness was the OT way in determining which moon to start watching for the first crescent appearance to mark the "new year"(well at least the beginning of the feasts 7 months count). It was not by the vernal equinox despite that most of the time the Barley ripeness corellated after it.

Let us not forget that the whole law is prophetic as well as spiritual… meaning they are also symbolism that we refer as Types and Shadows that teaches us of greater things to come.

So what is the symbolic meaning of barley? It is the first crop to be riped and be harvested in the year. Barley represents the overcomers which are the firstfruit of all other crops. There are two other crops (wheat and grapes) that are also harvested and part of the feasts and its fruits ends up at the Lords table.

Quote:
I agree Dedication that the prime meridian should be Jerusalem.

Now let us live by all the Words that proceeded from the mouth of God. He made clearly known that [old]Jerusalem is no longer the place that His name-glory dwell. It has not dwell there since Jeremiah's time and His presence did not return there since. The Lord said very clearly that it will not return there in the future either at some point of time like His glory never returned to Shiloh. (Jer 7:11-14; 1Sam 4:21, Ps 78:59-69)

Quote:
Rev. 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof.

That city in that text is the NEW Jerusalem where the temple is made with living stones. This is not to be mistaken with the OLD Jerusalem where the Lord clearly told us that His glory will never be seen there again.

There’s two Jerusalem in the Bible. It is in the NEW Jerusalem (people’s body temple) where the Lord will dwell. The Old Jerusalem and the sacrificial services with the Feasts were all types and shadows of things to come. In the body temple of the Overcomers(Barley Harvest) is where the glory&name of the Lord will be first be fully manifested. These people will have no need of the light of the sun(Jesus two works of conciliation) or the light of the moon (the Bible that lighten up our way to the "promise land")….BECAUSE the divine goal has already been reached and fulfilled in THEM. They are fully reconciliated and restored and the fullness of the Lord glory is dwelling in them.

Quote:
Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

I would see the NEW heavens and the NEW earth on the same lines as we are NEW creature in Christ. It will be NEW but not in all the literal sense.

I still don’t understand what v.23 means. At times a symbolism can have two meanings. I don’t think moon means Bible here but perhaps feasts by which it was the moons that determined the feasts.

The word Sabbath(H7676, shabbath) here is a different word than the 7day Sabbath(H7673, shabath). The difference between the two is h7676 is written with an additional beth character. Strong defined it as “intermission”. I haven’t noticed that word before and am surprise to see it used 111 times in the Bible including in the 10Cs and many other places in the law including the feasts. Something to look into that may shed some more light in the meaning of Sabbath. There is a distinction between h7673 and h7676 despite they both mean a type of rest and forbearance of debt.

In regards to the different Sabbaths(7th-day weekly, 7th-year, 7 ceremonial Sabbath feast days, and the Jubilee year) my understanding are they all point to the Jubilee, meaning that all these different "rest" are lesser Sabbaths pointing to the greatest of all Sabbath – the Jubilee. Basically, all Sabbaths points to the liberation from sin, total debt forgiveness, and restoration of man.

Blessings
Re: The vernal equinox and the new moon. [Re: Elle] #172623
03/28/15 04:23 PM
03/28/15 04:23 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle
If the reference point is for Jerusalem, then this would mean it was indeed a Jewish calendar. . . ."
Through Moses, God said He would choose a place and put His name there. Jerusalem is the place He chose. It makes sense to measure time in reference to that place because 1) that's where God dwelt; 2) it's where He will dwell eternally; 3) it is where His people assembled at divinely appointed times; and 4) it is where His people will assemble at similar divinely appointed times. So the Jewish calendar has a local reference point - Mt Zion - but it is universal in nature; it's where the twelve tribes that are now scattered abroad over the face of the earth, (James 1:1) will gather to the holy assemblies of the first born. Hebrews 12:22 and 23 and Ps. 122:3 and 4.

Mark, Ezekiel saw the glory of the Lord depart from Jerusalem. The physical Jerusalem today is no longer the place where he name of the Lord is anymore. It left during the time of Jeremiah when the Lord made it known through him that He will depart from Jerusalem(Jer 7:11-14) because of the corruption. Just like it departed from Shiloh(1Sam 4:21, Ps 78:59-69) for the same reason and never was seen there again. Then after Ezekiel saw the glory depart from Jerusalem and went to Mt. Olives which is located East side of the city. .

Ez 10:18 “Then the glory of the LORD departed from off the threshold of the house, and stood over the cherubims…Ez 11:22 Then did the cherubims lift up their wings, and the wheels beside them; and the glory of the God of Israel [was] over them above. 23. And the glory of the LORD went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which [is] on the east side of the city.

Here’s some interesting notes about Mount of Olives :

a) It is 2000 cubits from the city which is considered “outside the camp” and “a Sabbath day’s journey.”
b) It is said that this is where the ashes of the red heifer was stored(Num 19:3)
c) It is the place where David made his sacrifice(2 Sam 15:30) which b) & c) both pointed to Jesus sacrifice.
d) It is the place where Jesus often went to pray
e) Also the place He ascended in sight of his disciples 40 days after He died(Acts 1:12).

Then from the Mt.Olives the next place that the glory of the Lord was seen and manifested was at the upper room at Pentecost and the peple thre received an deposit of the Spirit.

So what you say above in various places is not true since Jeremiah & Ezekiel time. The old Jerusalem is no longer the place where His glory has been seen (or name is)and it is not prophecied that it will ever return there. Revelation talk that the glory of the Lord will be in the NEW Jerusalem which is composed of the body of believers. They are the living stones that compose the temple of the Lord and it is upon their forehead that the name of the Lord will be.

In regards to the sighting of the New Moon in Jerusalem, I am a feast keeper and have the Karaite Korner moon sighting monthly newsletter. However I had never look at this with this angle. You have answered a lingering question I had for a long time. Tx.

So Jerusalem is no longer important but you use it as an important reference point for calendars? And this makes sense, why?

I don't use the Old Jerusalem as a reference point. The Old Jerusalem is no longer the place where believers go to keep the feast. The name and the glory of the Lord was last seen and manifested at Pentecost in the place on the forehead of believers. So the keeping of the feasts is to be observed within our minds (or hearts).

The feasts still needs to be kept but not by performing the literal ceremonial type and shaddows, but by having the spriritual meaning and real intent of the law performed in us. Literal circumcision of the flesh is no longer reguired but the spiritual circumcision of the heart is a MUST -- that is only posible by the two works of Christ.

In terms of keeping a calendar, the Lord is maintaining the same calendar since Adam which is based on a Jubilee cycle(49 years) that also comprises the feasts times. Not all things are fulfilled yet. The fall feasts, the law of Jubilee and other fulfillment of laws are still on course and yet to be fulfilled.

The Lord mainly makes worldly or major corporate events (prophecies) happened on feasts days or its types or other timelines (based on Types reveal in His word) that He make these known to His body(those that can hear) from year to year. He basically tells His body what (& why) He's doing before He does it by which at time the body is involve in some level.

Blessings
Re: The vernal equinox and the new moon. [Re: Charity] #174905
07/03/15 05:55 PM
07/03/15 05:55 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
Time --

Will the ripeness of the fruit determine the New Moon or will the New Moon determine the New Moon and the fruit follow the New Moon.
And I'm not sure it can be said that the fruit only ripens once a month nor only one fruit at one time a year.

Quote:
In the beginning when God created the celestial bodies He gave them time-keeping authority - the sun to rule the day and the moon to rule the night. If the circuit of the sun defines a day and seven of these make a week so that the sun also defines the week it follows doesn't it that the moon defines the month which is independent of the week but not of the year which is defined by the sun.
Except today, the moon only rules the night about half the time. The other half, it tries to rule the day. Think something went wrong?

Isa 30:26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

Now if the sun should be 7 times brighter/hotter and the moon as bright as the sun, what would happen if they should be ruling at the same time?

Some have speculated the heat would keep the water canopy suspended above the earth. If some of the time they are shining at the same time and other part of the time neither is shining, what would happen? Now if they were kept at exact opposites, then things would be much better, with each ruling the part they were designed for.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!