HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 95 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 94 95
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: dedication] #172867
04/19/15 03:26 AM
04/19/15 03:26 AM
K
Karen Y  Online Content OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Quote:
Dedication-Are you saying now that the trumpets come after probation closes?
So then the trumpets according to that new idea are no longer "warnings" or calls to repentance?

Also isn't Revelation 19 the second coming of Jesus?
Are you now saying it isn't the second coming, but rather the 144,000 as an army to bring down Babylon? (After probation has closed?)

In my forum postings on this thread I have shared that the seven trumpets are the warnings for the seven plagues as well as a wake up call to church of God.

I realized that I have created a confusion about Chap. 19 of the armies of the white horse. My apology!
Thank you, Dedication, for you have made a clear point about the armies of Chap. 19 that they are the host of angels. I totally agree with you.

I meant to say that the 144K are the ones "these are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth" (Rev. 14:4) and "they that are with him (Lord of lords, and King of kings) are called, and chosen, and faithful" (Rev. 17:14). The 144K have "gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name" (Rev. 15:2) when they stand on the sea of glass because they followed the Lamb just like the armies of heaven follow Jesus.

The armies of heaven are the horsemen. "And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses,…" (Rev. 19:14). The number of the "horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand:" (Rev. 9:16). They receive a command from the temple to "slay the third part of men" (Rev. 9:15) at the sixth trumpet which indicate that the four angels in Chap. 7 are released their "hold". "Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates" (Rev. 9:14), says the voice from the "four horns of the golden altar which is before God" (Rev. 9:13).

At a point of time, the host of angels of the horsemen obey the command of God immediately to "slay the third part of men", which clearly indicate that the mercy of God have reached the limit and the wrath of God released in judgment of Seven Plagues.

There will be no God's judgment executed without any warning. Even the 'Investigative Judgment' has made known in the first angel's message. "…Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters" (Rev. 14:7).

Each of the Seven Trumpets are talking about "hurt" of the Chap. 7:1-3. I have shared this overview on 4-2-15 posting of this thread. Thus we are told that the close of probation is imminent. The church must be awakened with a life giving sound for "if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?" (1 Cor. 14:8).

Mark, I do not believe that James White has ever interpreted the seven trumpets. Uriah Smith has borrowed a historical interpretation from non-SDA, which were popular at the time. I believe that a knowledge of the sanctuary service and the Investigative Judgment are essential to interpret the book of Revelation correctly.
The redemption of mankind are written in the sanctuary service. "Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: …" (Psalm 77:13). So we must interpret the Book of Revelation in the perspective of sanctuary and not by a historical approach.
The matter fact every chapters of the Revelation have imagery of sanctuary.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #172869
04/19/15 05:39 PM
04/19/15 05:39 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Karen- "Talk to souls in peril and get them to behold Jesus upon the cross, dying to make it possible for Him to pardon. Talk to the sinner with your own heart overflowing with the tender, pitying love of Christ. Let there be deep earnestness; but not a harsh, loud note should be heard from the one who is trying to win the soul to look and live" - Maranatha pg 105

EGW- Every man who bears the message of truth to our churches must do his duty by warning, educating, rebuking. Any neglect of duty which is a robbery toward God means a curse upon the delinquent.(Special Testimonies to Ministers, page 307)

I hope you are not saying that we are not to warn and even rebuke when necessary? EGW has much along these lines. Bottom line ONLY those who sigh and cry about sins in the midst (church, and our own life) will be sealed.

"Show them where they are making a mistake. Set their danger before them. Tell them of the sins they are committing.."(4BC, p.1149)

The work of Christ's servants is not merely to preach the truth; they are to watch for souls..They are to reprove, rebuke, exhort with long suffering and doctrine." (Testimonies, vol. 5, p.237)

"There are times when words of reproof and sharp rebuke are called for. Those who are out of the way need more than soft words to bring them back." (PH 0705)

"They hate the one who rebukes at the gate, and they abhor the one who speaks uprightly." (Amos 5:10)

"Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way.."(Proverbs 15:10)

"Keep the warning message of truth before the people.. We are to cry aloud and spare not. Some will pay no heed, but others will repent and be converted."(CW p.174)

So to address your idea that the 144,000 are sealed just with the Sabbath sign is incorrect--they must do as the Elijah message says--sigh and cry for the sins in the midst. If they fail to do this , not matter how much they speak of the prophecies, they will fail to be among the 144,000.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 04/19/15 05:41 PM.
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #172893
04/25/15 12:16 AM
04/25/15 12:16 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Karen Y
Mark, I do not believe that James White has ever interpreted the seven trumpets. . . .The matter fact every chapters of the Revelation have imagery of sanctuary.

Karen did you see the link I put in my post for you? It was to James White's article on the seven trumpets. I was hoping you'd scan it.

I agree and probably most people here agree with you that Revelation has to be studied in the context of the sanctuary. But we'll have to disagree on the trumpets. As brother and sister, that's OK.

Do you have any thoughts on the seven thunders? They come in at the sixth trumpet just before the Two Witnesses but I think that, like the Two Witnesses, the thunders may span much of the trumpets. Again, any thoughts?

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #172895
04/25/15 12:37 AM
04/25/15 12:37 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw

So to address your idea that the 144,000 are sealed just with the Sabbath sign is incorrect--they must do as the Elijah message says--sigh and cry for the sins in the midst. If they fail to do this, no matter how much they speak of the prophecies, they will fail to be among the 144,000.

GLL, the GC produced a video recently called "What Might Have Been . . . and What Can Be" (or something close to that). And although I don't agree with dramatizations it was a call to repentance so I give them credit for the message if not the medium. Adventism isn't Babylon yet. We're in the death throws but it seems like we only have a vague conception that something might be wrong and not much, if any, sense of urgency. Only God can save us from ourselves.

Will the Lord send us another Elijah? If we didn't listen to Ellen White or Jones and Waggoner will we listen to someone else? Some will, but it will be a remnant. Elijah will indeed come in the power of the latter rain. The latter rain will fall on those who sigh and cry for the abominations done in the land and in the church. But this is the spirit of Christ. He spent whole nights in prayer pleading with God for His people, for us, but morning by morning he went out to minister, full of hope and grace.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #172898
04/25/15 04:39 PM
04/25/15 04:39 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Also Karen, you may have addressed this, and if you have you can refer me to your post(s) but I'd also like to know how you fit the Two Witnesses into the trumpets and thunders. What is their role if any in proclaiming the thunders and trumpets? You're probably aware that Ellen White applies all of Revelation 11 to the future and that she admonishes us to study that chapter because, she says, it's a description of what will take place in the cities of the world. If you need the SOP references, let me know.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Charity] #172908
04/26/15 12:25 AM
04/26/15 12:25 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Mark- Adventism isn't Babylon yet. We're in the death throws but it seems like we only have a vague conception that something might be wrong and not much, if any, sense of urgency. Only God can save us from ourselves.

The SDA church has never been Babylon , nor will it ever be. As we posted many times a church purification (Mal 3:1-5, Rev. 12:15-17, Hosea 1-2, Many SOP references,etc.) is to be performed by the Lord then the Loud Cry will come.

“Only those who have withstood temptation in the strength of the Mighty One will be permitted to act a part in proclaiming it (the 3rd angel’s message) when it shall have swelled into a Loud Cry. (Review and Herald, Nov. 19, 1908)

The 144,000 are found to be the converted ones who have walked in the Elijah prophet's proclamation of the Lord's last message , which is the warning message of His "suddenly comes to His Temple" (Mal.3:1).

The positive instruction that we must "sigh and cry" for the abominations in our life and the church, I believe is nothing more that the Lord's validation that they are indeed loving the Lord and hating sin.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 04/26/15 12:29 AM.
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #172921
04/27/15 02:03 PM
04/27/15 02:03 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
The SDA church has never been Babylon , nor will it ever be. As we posted many times a church purification (Mal 3:1-5, Rev. 12:15-17, Hosea 1-2, Many SOP references,etc.) is to be performed by the Lord then the Loud Cry will come.

“Only those who have withstood temptation in the strength of the Mighty One will be permitted to act a part in proclaiming it (the 3rd angel’s message) when it shall have swelled into a Loud Cry. (Review and Herald, Nov. 19, 1908)

Excellent post GLL. Yes, the ship will go through. This is a prophetic message given by God. The three angel's message will be given as sure as the Word is true. But it will be the remnant who have "withstood temptation" and are crying and sighing that give it. Now, there's a challenge for all of us, especially the youth. Let's pray for the bride of Christ.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Charity] #172929
04/28/15 11:43 AM
04/28/15 11:43 AM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
[quote=Karen Y] Mark, I do not believe that James White has ever interpreted the seven trumpets. . . .The matter fact every chapters of the Revelation have imagery of sanctuary.

https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/ thoughts on Daniel and the Revelation

Mark, this link might be helpful to your query regarding who wrote the interpretation of the seven trumpets; was it James White or Uriah Smith(?). Arthur White, custodian of the EG White manuscripts, has told us the answer.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #172931
04/28/15 04:23 PM
04/28/15 04:23 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
You mean
https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/1945/01/thoughts-on-daniel-and-the-revelation

Elder White admitted the futility of his attempting to go on with the work, and announced that, since he was away from home much of the time, "Brother Smith has consented to conclude the book, commencing with Chapter X."—Ibid., Oct. 21, 1862.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Charity] #172933
04/29/15 02:46 AM
04/29/15 02:46 AM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Also Karen, ... You're probably aware that Ellen White applies all of Revelation 11 to the future and that she admonishes us to study that chapter because, she says, it's a description of what will take place in the cities of the world. If you need the SOP references, let me know.

Mark, please let me know the SOP references. I would appreciate that. I have also mentioned about the seven thunders in this thread in the past. I hope that you can find it. If not, I have to find another time to share my understanding of that.

Page 31 of 95 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 94 95

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!