HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: What does "666" represent in Prophecy? [Re: gordonb1] #173459
05/19/15 03:11 PM
05/19/15 03:11 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: gordonb1
Originally Posted By: His child
You may remember that I tweeted 8 times from Sept 2011 t0 Sept 2012 that Pope Benedict would not be pope in 2013.
You may not know that from 8/21/2011, I tweeted over 50 times
that Iran will attack America's fleet in the Gulf.

Yes Henry you correctly assessed Benedict's short reign, repeatedly. I recall many naysayers. Quite startling that he was succeeded by a Jesuit, and one from Buenos Aires, of all spots on the globe!
But what do you mean of the Gulf attack? Iran is one of the most pacifist of developed countries, America the most bellicose - and often creating pretext for military response, as in the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident to launch the Vietnam war, or the "45-minute-weapons-of-mass-destruction" to pre-emptively start the Iraq war in 2003. (Or the faked Kuwait incubator-babies testimony to spur the 1990 Gulf War.) There is a MUCH higher probability that American forces would provoke Iran with a covert attack, because this is their track record.(i.e. U.S. fires first shot)

If and when, it will be catastrophic. There must be thousands of U.S. sailors on ships & carriers in the Gulf. This seems a needless irritant and increases risks of confrontation. Iran is a powerhouse quite different from Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya.

My apology for this late reply. I had been working on updating my newest book (America, the Obama Nation available as e-book or hard copy) and I had not been able to access this forum for some time until Daryl suggested I try a different browser.

From my study of Daniel 7 and 8, I understand that America has become the king of the North (the last power to persecute God's people). This is from Bible study.

As the RC plucked up three Arian tribes through their allies,
the prophecy will repeat with America plucking up three Islamic powers. Two have "fell" (Afghanistan and Iraq). The third will be Iran.

In my study of Daniel 11, I have followed the chapter from the three kings in Persia (Cyrus, Darius, & Artaxexese) then the 2300-years to 1844 when Christ stood to commence the IJ. The prophecy repeats at verse 6 (with France as the king of the South and its daughter is the papacy that she BEGOT in 1798)through the ships of Chittam moving against the King of the North (verse 30 - Iran attacking America). Then verses 40 onward explains what led up to the attack and flow to Michael standing (Crist's Advent)

I expected the #IranUSwar much sooner. But now it looks like the Supreme court is to adopt the gay marriage abomination first. Then after America has rejected One Nation Under God the #IranUSwar will follow. This will be followed by President Obama implementing the National Sunday Law as he does exploits against the covenant.

If you have not read America, The Obama Nation, you should.

I continue to study. But the explanation in America, The Obama Nation expresses my understanding at this point in time. As history and prophecy c continue to intersect, I pray that my understanding will continue grow appropriately.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: What does "666" represent in Prophecy? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #173461
05/19/15 03:54 PM
05/19/15 03:54 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I have read all the posts in this thread since I last visited this forum. They are very interesting and well thought out.

But we need to remember that

1) prophecy is not of private interpretation.

2) Read the Bible as it is written.

3) Daniel and Revelation relate to the PAST, PRESENT, & FUTURE.

4) Since 666 is the number of the papal beast, it has to be the number of the image beast as well.

5) If something was not important, God would not put it in Bible prophecy.

6) When God puts things in Bible prophecy, He puts the keys to unlock the prophecy in the Bible also.

7) Wisdom comes from God not human reasoning (Ask Him for it)

8) Scriptures can only be rightly understood wit the aide of the Holy Spirit - not by might or power but by God's Spirit

9) NEVER open the word of God without prayer

10) Studying with godly people is safer than going it alone.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: What does "666" represent in Prophecy? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #173480
05/20/15 10:37 AM
05/20/15 10:37 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Blessings GLL;

You wrote; "Alchemy-- Why don't you try addressing the main thrust of the post instead of isolating just one area-- here it is again for review"

I try to isolate points that I believe are most misunderstood. With all due respect; You seem to greatly misunderstand how prophecy and prophets work.

Now, you are the one who keeps bringing up Word to the Little Flock (WLF) and you keep making the same mistake. Dedication has answered this very well and you continue to misunderstand.

As far as the thrust of this thread is concerned, your the one challenging the points of this thread. I believe you should keep within the thrust of this thread.

Last edited by Alchemy; 05/20/15 10:40 AM.
Re: What does "666" represent in Prophecy? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #173496
05/20/15 05:52 PM
05/20/15 05:52 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 05/20/15 06:01 PM.
Re: What does "666" represent in Prophecy? [Re: dedication] #174875
07/03/15 01:41 AM
07/03/15 01:41 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
The two horned beast (America) is not the 666, for America brought freedom of religion -- her Protestantism and republicanism have been a blessing to humanity, not a curse.

perhaps you missed this:

Originally Posted By: EG White

Heretofore those who presented the truths of the third angel's message have often been regarded as mere alarmists. Their predictions that religious intolerance would gain control in the United States, that church and State would unite to persecute those who keep the commandments of God, have been pronounced groundless and absurd. It has been confidently declared that this land could never become other than what it has been, the defender of religious freedom. But as the question of enforcing Sunday observance is widely agitated, the event so long doubted and disbelieved is seen to be approaching, and the third message will produce an effect which it could not have had before. {GC88 605.3}

This power, the last that is to wage war against the church and the law of God, was symbolized by a beast with lamblike horns. The beasts preceding it had risen from the sea, but this came up out of the earth, representing the peaceful rise of the nation which is symbolized. The "two horns like a lamb" well represent the character of the United States Government, as expressed in its two fundamental principles, Republicanism and Protestantism. These principles are the secret of our power and prosperity as a nation. Those who first found an asylum on the shores of America rejoiced that they had reached a country free from the arrogant claims of popery and the tyranny of kingly rule. They determined to establish a government upon the broad foundation of civil and religious liberty. {ST, November 1, 1899 par. 4}

Re: What does "666" represent in Prophecy? [Re: gordonb1] #174876
07/03/15 02:54 AM
07/03/15 02:54 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: gordonb1
Originally Posted By: His child
You may remember that I tweeted 8 times from Sept 2011 t0 Sept 2012 that Pope Benedict would not be pope in 2013.
You may not know that from 8/21/2011, I tweeted over 50 times
that Iran will attack America's fleet in the Gulf.

Yes Henry you correctly assessed Benedict's short reign, repeatedly. I recall many naysayers. Quite startling that he was succeeded by a Jesuit, and one from Buenos Aires, of all spots on the globe!
But what do you mean of the Gulf attack? Iran is one of the most pacifist of developed countries, America the most bellicose - and often creating pretext for military response, as in the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident to launch the Vietnam war, or the "45-minute-weapons-of-mass-destruction" to pre-emptively start the Iraq war in 2003. (Or the faked Kuwait incubator-babies testimony to spur the 1990 Gulf War.) There is a MUCH higher probability that American forces would provoke Iran with a covert attack, because this is their track record.(i.e. U.S. fires first shot)

If and when, it will be catastrophic. There must be thousands of U.S. sailors on ships & carriers in the Gulf. This seems a needless irritant and increases risks of confrontation. Iran is a powerhouse quite different from Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya.

Gordon,

I'm sorry I missed this.
I was concentrating on getting my last book updated, and after several months of being away from the forum, it got by me.

"But what do you mean of the Gulf attack? Iran is one of the most pacifist of developed countries, America the most bellicose... There is a MUCH higher probability that American forces would provoke Iran with a covert attack, because this is their track record.(i.e. U.S. fires first shot)"

As I read and document Daniel 11:1 to 12:1; it has been completely fulfilled from the 3 kings in Persia that began the 2300-years until Jesus stood for His people in 1844 to commence the IJ.

This is the short version:

At the end of the 2300-years, 1844 aligns with eating the little book Daniel 11 in Rev 10 then the command comes to prophesy again. John is the Revelator and Daniel is the prophet. Time is to be no longer because the 2300-years have ended and when Daniel 11 repeats, the 2300-years do not repeat.

Daniel 11 repeats at verse 6 (at the time of the end) with France as KOTS (Napoleon got the title when he invaded Egypt 1798) and Great Britain as KOTN (it propped up the faltering Ottoman empire 1840). The papacy is the daughter of the KOTS because France took Rome in 1798). The KOTS and KOTN join (become allies in 186? to fight Russia in Crimean war). Then Italy is unified and pope sought KOTN & KOTS aid to keep papal states. Branch of papal roots (church or state) was Mussolini who moved against English Africa (Kenya) which GB gave to him and redrew borders. Then England faltered in WWII and Roosevelt became KOTN. KOTS Mussolini ruled longer than Roosevelt. Then KOTS went back to Egypt. Israel 1948. Then war with Egypt...

Much of the history in Dan 11 repeats but not the time.

The narration that begins at 11:6 after 1844 runs through 11:39. 11:40 is a caveat that explains what immediately preceded 11:30.

The caveat deals with Egypt, Libya, and Ethiopia being in America's steps. Beginning in 2011 in this exact sequence: Egypt's dictator was jailed. Libya's dictator was killed. and Ethiopia's dictator died unexpectedly of illness.

And we have arrived at the place (Daniel 11:30) when the KOTS (I'm reading that to be Iran -America has put sanctions on it until it is about at the breaking point) is going to attack the fleet of the KOTN and then Obama does exploits against the Covenant (America's Constitution and God's Covenant 10 Commandments).

The Iranian navy announced in March(?) that if war should come between US and Iran, Iran will sink the US Aircraft carriers because they are America's air power in the region. He went on to say that it will take 24 simultaneous strikes (by drones, planes, and ships or whatever to sink one). Their studies have shown that a carrier cannot defend itself against such a synchronized barrage. When Iran announced that they have studied how to sink our carriers the US joint chiefs laughed it off like they are the unsinkable Titanic.

All of this and the supporting documentation and so much more is in my recent book America, the Obama Nation. e-book $10 paperback $15

If you want to understand the formation of the image beast study the papal beast. From the territory comprising the Western Roman Empire, it took out the Arian Visigoths, Vandals, and Ostrogoths in a 30-year period. My study in Daniel identifies Reagan as the first king from the earth and Obama as the last. It has been 30-years since Reagan was President. As Daniel is repeating from the territory comprising the Eastern Roman Empire, America has taken out 2 Islamic countries (Afghanistan and Iraq with one to go to finish the tally of 3)

I hope this reply was worth your wait.

Re: What does "666" represent in Prophecy? [Re: kland] #174878
07/03/15 04:20 AM
07/03/15 04:20 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
It took me awhile to try to understand what the complaint of the (666) was. As I now understand it, some are questioning that the image beast does not have 666 but the beast it is an image to has 666. Now if something is an image, it should look the same. So why cannot both have the number 666? It is an image of it.

I once assumed that the papal beast having the number 666 was unimportant and that the number 666 must really identify the second beast with the lamblike horns.

Then with more prayer and study I reached the conclusion that for the image beast to be and image beast, they both had to have the number. Then I accepted the traditional SDA view of the papal 666.

Then when I studied the throne being cast down and set up in Daniel 7, I learned that it was not an either or question but Daniel was saying both. When the Babylonian thrones were cast Down, the Medo-Persian thrones were set up. When the Medo-Persian thrones were cast Down, the Greek thrones were set up. When the Greek thrones were cast Down, the pagan Roman thrones were set up. And when the pagan Roman thrones were cast Down, the papal Roman thrones were set up.

So when the papal Roman thrones were cast down, what thrones were set up? The USA.

"But the beast with lamblike horns was seen "coming up out of the earth." Instead of overthrowing other powers to establish itself, the nation thus represented must arise in territory previously unoccupied and grow up gradually and peacefully. It could not, then, arise among the crowded and struggling nationalities of the Old World--that turbulent sea of "peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues." It must be sought in the Western Continent." {GC 440.1}

When France cast down the papal thrones over all the churches and state in 1798, France then sold to America the vast sparsely uninhabited area the Louisiana (Territory) Purchase. An Identifying feature of the beast with lamblike horns - it will bring fire down from heaven upon the earth in the sight of eyewitnesses. Truman did that in WWII on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He was from Missouri in the heart of the Louisiana Territory. And Obama will do it again.

"when the Papacy, robbed of its strength, was forced to desist from persecution, John beheld a new power coming up to echo the dragon's voice, and carry forward the same cruel and blasphemous work. This power, the last that is to wage war against the church and the law of God, was symbolized by a beast with lamblike horns...the United States Government..." {ST, November 1, 1899 par. 4}

When the papal Roman thrones over the churches and state were cast Down, the US purchased the Louisiana Territory and President Monroe set up the thrones in this sparsely populated part of the USA. Then in 1844 God took his seat upon His throne and the Judgment (IJ) began in heaven.

Consider the chart taken © 2015 from
America, The Obama Nation page 138:

President...................Letters in their names
James Monroe.............................11
John Quincy Adams......................15
Andrew Jackson II........................13
Martin Van Buren.........................14
William Henry Harrison..................20
John Tyler II...............................11
James Knox Polk..........................13
Zachary Taylor............................13
Millard Fillmore...........................15
Franklin Pierce............................14
James Buchanan II........................15
Abraham Lincoln..........................14
Andrew Johnson...........................13
Ulysses Simpson Grant....................19
Rutherford Birchard Hayes...............23
James Abram Garfield....................18
Chester Alan Arthur.......................17
Stephen Grover Cleveland................22
Benjamin Harrison.........................16
William McKinley II........................17
Theodore Roosevelt II....................19
William Howard Taft......................17
Woodrow Wilson...........................13
Warren Gamaliel Harding.................21
Calvin Coolidge............................14
Herbert Clark Hoover.....................18
Franklin Delano Roosevelt................23
Harry S. Truman............................12
Dwight David Eisenhower.................21
John Fitzgerald Kennedy..................21
Lyndon Baines Johnson...................19
Richard Milhous Nixon.....................19
Gerald Rudolph Ford II....................19
James Earl Carter II.......................17
Ronald Wilson Reagan.....................18
George Herbert Walker Bush............23
William Jefferson Clinton................23
George Walker Bush.......................16
Barack Hussein Obama II..................20

The papacy is 666 and the number of his name is made up for the image beast.

Last edited by His child; 07/03/15 04:21 AM.

Re: What does "666" represent in Prophecy? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #174936
07/04/15 12:19 PM
07/04/15 12:19 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Present Truth changes. For example: circumcision was Present Truth from Abraham until Christ.

When Christ fulfilled the law regarding circumcision, the Present Truth was that it is not required now.

The papacy fits the 666 scenario. That was Present Truth when it was discovered. But does light stop there?

" Others were careless and did not cherish the light and it moved off from them... And I did not see one ray of light pass from Jesus to the careless multitude after he rose up, and they were left in perfect darkness." {DS, March 14, 1846 par. 1}

"That God did abundantly bless the students in the school and the church, I have not one doubt; but a period of great light and the outpouring of the Spirit is quite generally followed by a time of great darkness. Why? Because the enemy works with all his deceiving energies to make of none effect the deep movings of the Spirit of God on the human subject." {1SM 130.2}

"Satan will present his temptations until the light will appear as darkness, and many will reject the very truth that would have proved the saving of their souls. Those who walk in its rays will find it growing brighter and brighter unto the perfect day." {RH, September 3, 1889 par. 16}

"'The path of the just is as a shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.' The Christian's life is one of progression. He goes forward from strength to strength, from grace to grace, from glory to glory, receiving from Heaven the light which Christ, at infinite cost to himself, made it possible for man to obtain. But the Christian cannot let his light shine properly unless he receives, day by day, an increase of the divine illumination, corresponding with his growth in the knowledge of Bible truth. It would be as inconsistent to expect to be sustained on the morrow by food eaten today, as to depend on present light and present blessings for future strength." {ST, February 10, 1887 par. 14}

The light on the papal 666 was Present Truth for yesterday, yesterday's meal. It is true and it had its purpose, but if we stop there, how will we understand what we need to know as the coming of our Lord draws near? Surely if we take the attitude that that is all there is, we will stunt our growth.

"Accountable beings must walk in the light that shines upon them. If they fail to do this, their light becomes darkness, and their darkness is great according to the degree that their light was abundant. Accumulated light has shone upon God's people. Many have neglected to follow the light, and for this reason are in a state of great spiritual weakness." {RH, August 31, 1886 par. 3}

Re: What does "666" represent in Prophecy? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #174938
07/04/15 12:32 PM
07/04/15 12:32 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
What happens if we get a new US president at the next elections?

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: What does "666" represent in Prophecy? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #174939
07/04/15 02:30 PM
07/04/15 02:30 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Jesus must return within President Obama's presidency or else the interpretation is incorrect. Let's hope and pray it is not incorrect. Nevertheless, I am confident His Child will persevere and learn a way to adjust his interpretation to account for things if a new president is elected and Jesus hasn't returned.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!