HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23
Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Mountain Man] #173534
05/22/15 10:43 AM
05/22/15 10:43 AM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Kland, the 28FB are sound, biblical doctrines. Do you agree? If not, why not? The GC Session has never included false doctrines. I doubt they ever will.

In agreement with you, MM. The 28FB is our guideline and it is, or should be, the basis on which we baptize people and accept them into the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Our church is rather liberal when it does not disfellowship those who come to a slightly different understanding of our basic doctrines. Should we be more conservative?

Is our church on a wrong path when we elect officers who deviate in their acceptance of our basic doctrines?

Is it appropriate for an electronic ministry for Adventists and teaching others the faith of Adventism when it uses "officers" with deviating understanding of our 28FB?

Personally I feel we should be liberal in the views of participating members while it is against the purpose of this mission when moderators are permitted to present views that are in opposition to our basic 28FB.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: kland] #173543
05/22/15 02:31 PM
05/22/15 02:31 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Kland, the 28FB are sound, biblical doctrines. Do you agree? If not, why not? The GC Session has never included false doctrines. I doubt they ever will.
If you keep straddling the fence, it may not be good for your health.

You said, "But if they did".

So you're saying that if the FB included false doctrine, it would still not lead you to "conclude they are not voice of God when in GC Session". That is, the voice of God could include false doctrine.

Which boils down to what we've been asking you. Who gets to determine whether they are Biblical or non-Biblical, the truth or false. So far, all you've offered is that you get to decide.

It doesn't matter how many times the truth is divided and subdivided.
What you're really saying here is that the church should discipline members for even that which isn't specified in the 29+/- FB.

So why have them if you are going to use what they don't say against members?

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Johann] #173548
05/22/15 03:16 PM
05/22/15 03:16 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Johann
M: Kland, the 28FB are sound, biblical doctrines. Do you agree? If not, why not? The GC Session has never included false doctrines. I doubt they ever will.

J: In agreement with you, MM. The 28FB is our guideline and it is, or should be, the basis on which we baptize people and accept them into the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Amen.

Our church is rather liberal when it does not disfellowship those who come to a slightly different understanding of our basic doctrines. Should we be more conservative?

Members who understand and then reject one or more of the FB should honestly and respectfully withdraw their membership. Why would they want to fellowship with people who do not believe as they do? "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

Is our church on a wrong path when we elect officers who deviate in their acceptance of our basic doctrines? Is it appropriate for an electronic ministry for Adventists and teaching others the faith of Adventism when it uses "officers" with deviating understanding of our 28FB?

The Church must not tolerate officers who do not agree with the FB of the Church.

Personally I feel we should be liberal in the views of participating members while it is against the purpose of this mission when moderators are permitted to present views that are in opposition to our basic 28FB.

Amen.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: kland] #173550
05/22/15 03:40 PM
05/22/15 03:40 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: kland
M: But if they changed the FB to include a doctrine I believe is wrong or unbiblical I would simply disregard it. I would not, however, reject the Church as unworthy of leadership or conclude it is no longer the voice of God when in GC Session.

K: Am I understanding you correctly that you see there could be a possibility of including a doctrine you believe is wrong or unbiblical of which you would disregard, but yet you would not conclude it is not the voice of God?! That is, you are saying the voice of God could include doctrines which you believe are wrong or unbiblical. Really?

M: Many decisions are voted on during a GC Session. Do they get every single vote right? I don't know. I have never bothered to check. As it relates to the FB I care very much. So far, all 28 FB are biblically sound. I very much doubt a GC Session will vote to include a false doctrine in the FB. But if they did - it would not lead me to conclude they are not voice of God when in GC Session. Just because they get one thing wrong doesn't mean everything else is wrong. A mute point, however, because so far they have gotten all 28 FB right.

M: Kland, the 28FB are sound, biblical doctrines. Do you agree? If not, why not? The GC Session has never included false doctrines. I doubt they ever will.

K: If you keep straddling the fence, it may not be good for your health. You said, "But if they did". So you're saying that if the FB included false doctrine, it would still not lead you to "conclude they are not voice of God when in GC Session". That is, the voice of God could include false doctrine. Which boils down to what we've been asking you. Who gets to determine whether they are Biblical or non-Biblical, the truth or false. So far, all you've offered is that you get to decide.

Obviously, Kland, if a GC Session added to or subtracted from the FB in a way that resulted in false doctrine it would not represent the voice of God. This is purely hypothetical, a mute point because the Church has never voted in GC Session to include false doctrine(s) as part of the FB. Who decides what it true doctrine? The Church while in GC Session. You and I are free to accept or reject their decision. So far, I choose to accept the FB. However, there may be decisions voted on in GC Session (that are not related to the FB) which I may or may not accept.

Originally Posted By: Kland
M: It doesn't matter how many times the truth is divided and subdivided.

K: What you're really saying here is that the church should discipline members for even that which isn't specified in the 29+/- FB. So why have them if you are going to use what they don't say against members?

Again, your argument/question is based on a hypothetical, mute point for the simple reason the Church in GC Session has never voted to include false doctrines as part of the FB. If it ever happens, and I seriously doubt it will, then we can talk about it. Until then, it is a mute point and does not deserve our time and attention. No matter what you say or believe, this one basic truth remains true:

Quote:
There is no need to doubt, to be fearful that the work will not succeed. God is at the head of the work, and He will set everything in order. If matters need adjusting at the head of the work God will attend to that, and work to right every wrong. Let us have faith that God is going to carry the noble ship which bears the people of God safely into port.--2SM 390 (1892). {LDE 52.1}

Has God no living church? He has a church, but it is the church militant, not the church triumphant. We are sorry that there are defective members, that there are tares amid the wheat. . . . Although there are evils existing in the church, and will be until the end of the world, the church in these last days is to be the light of the world that is polluted and demoralized by sin. The church, enfeebled and defective, needing to be reproved, warned, and counseled, is the only object upon earth upon which Christ bestows His supreme regard.--TM 45, 49 (1893). {LDE 52.2}

The bulwarks of Satan will never triumph. Victory will attend the third angel's message. As the Captain of the Lord's host tore down the walls of Jericho, so will the Lord's commandment-keeping people triumph, and all opposing elements be defeated.--TM 410 (1898). {LDE 52.3}

I realize you agree with these insights, so please, resist the temptation to chastise me for posting it.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #173808
06/01/15 04:40 PM
06/01/15 04:40 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
If it ever happens, and I seriously doubt it will, then we can talk about it. Until then, it is a mute point and does not deserve our time and attention.
Do you realize you have said nothing different than what the papacy has said? You have presented it as it has never been wrong, the FB are defined by "the GC in Session", and therefore all this cannot be considered for dispute because it is beyond dispute. And that is what the papacy has said.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #173810
06/01/15 04:45 PM
06/01/15 04:45 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
God the eternal Father is the Creator, Source, Sustainer and Sovereign of all creation. He is just and holy, merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. The qualities and powers exhibited in the Son and the Holy Spirit are also revelations of the Father. (Gen. 1:1; Rev. 4:11; 1 Cor. 15:28; John 3:16; 1 John 4:8; 1 Tim. 1:17; Ex. 34:6, 7; John 14:9.)

What should be done to those who do not recognize that the qualities and powers exhibited in Christ are also revelations of the Father? What if someone should say that those qualities and powers exhibited by Christ are only partial revelations of the Father?

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: kland] #173845
06/02/15 05:01 AM
06/02/15 05:01 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
God the eternal Father is the Creator, Source, Sustainer and Sovereign of all creation. He is just and holy, merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. The qualities and powers exhibited in the Son and the Holy Spirit are also revelations of the Father. (Gen. 1:1; Rev. 4:11; 1 Cor. 15:28; John 3:16; 1 John 4:8; 1 Tim. 1:17; Ex. 34:6, 7; John 14:9.)

What should be done to those who do not recognize that the qualities and powers exhibited in Christ are also revelations of the Father? What if someone should say that those qualities and powers exhibited by Christ are only partial revelations of the Father?

We are to follow God and His Word. The GC should also be following God and His Word. If the GC were to stop following God and His Word, we should reject their teachings and call for repentance from our leaders.

If the church were to truly teach apostasy, we are to pray and fast and call for revival and reformation. We should never accept false teachings from anyone.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #173866
06/02/15 07:20 PM
06/02/15 07:20 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The RCC is a counterfeit. The SDA Church is the Remnant Church of prophecy.

Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Mountain Man] #173881
06/03/15 01:36 PM
06/03/15 01:36 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
The RCC is a counterfeit. The SDA Church is the Remnant Church of prophecy.
The remnant church concept is a fabrication. There is no remnant church, just a remnant people.

We've had this discussion before.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Should the Body Discipline Members for disagreeing on 28FB [Re: Elle] #173886
06/03/15 05:26 PM
06/03/15 05:26 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Right, you disagree with the SDA interpretation of the Revelation - "And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." SDA members who understand and reject this FB should be disciplined. I realize you are not a SDA.

Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!