HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: kland] #173444
05/19/15 01:33 AM
05/19/15 01:33 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Blessings kland,

You wrote; "How does one keep an anti-type "spiritually", what would that mean? Do you believe there will be sacrifices in the future, will they be literal or spiritual, if spiritual, what would that entail?"

Spiritually means by faith. We know the judgment is going on in the Heavenly Sanctuary. We each need to be mindful that our own name will come up before the judgment. We must realize our need of our Savior and Advocate, Jesus Christ. We must also recognize how much needs to happen for us to be more like Jesus.

Yet, after the Second Coming, the redeemed will actually be present for what's left as far as Feast Days, such as the Feast of Tabernacles.

As far as sacrifices, Christ made the only sacrifice that matters once and for all. Blood sacrifices will never be practiced again after the close of probation.

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Elle] #173486
05/20/15 02:27 PM
05/20/15 02:27 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Elle
Every day Passover is being spiritually fulfilled on a INDIVIDUAL level whenever someone comes out of "Mama Egypt". The nation's of Israel's mother was Egypt. Egypt symbolizes the bondage of sin where we were kept captive until the Lord came to free us.
I think all that clarified things a little. So what I see you saying is that there need be no arguing over which month or day is what as after Christ's death we keep the feasts every day spiritually. We need not determine barley ripeness, nor sighting of moons, nor how that all fits in a round world.

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: kland] #173502
05/21/15 12:40 AM
05/21/15 12:40 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Every day Passover is being spiritually fulfilled on a INDIVIDUAL level whenever someone comes out of "Mama Egypt". The nation's of Israel's mother was Egypt. Egypt symbolizes the bondage of sin where we were kept captive until the Lord came to free us.
I think all that clarified things a little. So what I see you saying is that there need be no arguing over which month or day is what as after Christ's death we keep the feasts every day spiritually. We need not determine barley ripeness, nor sighting of moons, nor how that all fits in a round world.

Yes, that's what I understand. Keep in mind that the feasts are both fulfilled individually and corporatly.

The corporate fulfillment of the Passover was fulfilled by His Church (the Israelites) when they got out of Egypt. However the "Israelite Church" did not fulfill the Pentecost. They could of for they were brought at the foothill of Sinai at Pentecost to receive the Lord, but they backed out and rejected hearing God because they were too afraid (Ex 20:19). Thus it was only fulfilled corporatly 2500 years later with the 120 in the upper room.

The feast Type and Shadow show us spiritual development level. So the spiritual level of the Church was just a kid when they got out of Egypt. The Church only became mature enough to enter the next development stage (teenage years to young adult)to receive the teaching's of the Holy Spirit in 33 AD.

Tabernacle(to be clothed with immortality) has not been fulfilled corporatly or individually yet. This spiritual level of maturity is to enter the Priesthood ministry where we will be crown to rule over nations with Jesus.

Besides the spiritual fulfillment(corporately or individually) of the feasts that are yet to be fulfilled, we also need to watch the feasts appointed times to watch what the Lord is doing in the world from year to year.

Besides the feasts, there's other appointed time to watch that are on different cycle. Here's an example where we have Jonathan Cahn who noticed that the Lord keeps the 7th year cycle. Jonathan calls it the "shmitah" but I don't think this word is found in the Bible. I think it's some word he or rabbis names this 7th year cycle. Nor do I agree with Cahn understanding of the 7th year rest. Novertheless, I do agree with his overvation that at every 7th year some economic or other major event took place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8B14NSIWc8

This shows that the Lord still keep watch of the 7th year Sabbath as He does with many other "appointed times".

Blessings
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #173545
05/22/15 02:40 PM
05/22/15 02:40 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Wait. How did you move from spiritually to literally? Because you just had said:
Quote:
I think this is because you still read the OT and the law LITERALLY and do not still see them as prophetic & spiritual types and shadows.

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: kland] #173554
05/22/15 04:14 PM
05/22/15 04:14 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Wait. How did you move from spiritually to literally? Because you just had said:
Quote:
I think this is because you still read the OT and the law LITERALLY and do not still see them as prophetic & spiritual types and shadows.

I understand things are confusing and hard to grab. This is quite foreign for us. Also, it is a complicated subject. If you are interested to understand more about time and how the Lord applied the law to correct nation; I would recommend reading Secrets of Time by Stephen Jones. You may not agree with all his views, however if you can by-pass that and only focuss on his biblical studies about "curse" time found with the history of nations speaks for itself -- seeing that the Lord keeps these diverse cycles to judge a nation or an individual.

Concerning appointed times, there are many : daily, weekly, monthly, Start of year(in the fall and other calendars), 7th years, End of 49th year, 50th year, Feasts time, and all other cycles based on diverse numbers that holds a meaning. For example 210 days or years cycle denotes time of trouble, 40 (in days or years or Jubilees) denotes trials or probation. We see the Lord putting nations or individuals under these time cycle(210, 40 and many more).

The Lord is not limited with only a few dates, feasts time, or a certain calendar. Whatever cycle He uses today to make events happens (by small strides at time, but repeatedly until it culminates to the full fulfillment).... He has pre-defined these cycle in the law or with the Prophets in some fashion.

Each year there are a number of events that the Lord fulfills(or partially fulfills) based on different "appointed times" cycles. To know which ones He is currently working on requires "ears to hear". He does want us to develop an ear to hear and eyes to see so to behold what He's doing as He's doing it. The main reason is so we learn how He applies His laws and come to know how He works.

Yes there are many appointed times, but what happens during those time cycle is not literal fulfillment or application of the law as most people expect, but spiritual application(the intend of the law).

Blessings
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #173670
05/25/15 04:29 AM
05/25/15 04:29 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
So the question is are the Feast Days & Sabbaths still binding? These(including the weekly Sabbath) are all are types and shadows. Are we bound to keep these???

For sure a big YES we are bound to keep these spiritually which includes all their related sacrifices...
Concerning the 7th day Sabbath, I don't believe it is greater than any other Sabbaths or any of the feasts. I do know that man (still in the state of mortality) do need some literal time to cease(rest) from their work so they may be refreshed. But I don't know exactly how yet to apply these with the mind of christ.
#172995 - 05/03/15 10:49 AM

O.K. -- so you are saying we are to "keep" the feasts, sacrifices, and the 7th day Sabbath SPIRITUALLY, not literally.
In other words we are not to keep them, just spiritualize their meaning, and seek some hidden meaning?

Now the temple feasts and sacrifices all pointed to Christ's work as our sacrifice, our High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary, and our Redeemer. We no longer look to the shadows (except to learn from them) we now look to reality which is Christ.

The 7th day Sabbath is part of God's moral law. It's meaning is not just some shadow of the future -- it represents communion with our Creator and Redeemer, in the past, in the present and in the future.

Does God care about what we believe about our origins? You wrote that God wasn't worried about evolution, as if it was no big deal if people believed in evolution or creation?

God is GOD, and we are His creation. It IS important for us to understand that!

Is it true that the only literal thing you see in the Sabbath is that we need time for "physical refreshment" but it's not a literal time that has been blessed, sanctified, set apart for special communion with our Creator. In other words, it seems you do not think the 7th day Sabbath needs to be a literal 7th day set apart from other days for worship? That its literal aspects need to be "spiritualized" away. Is that your view?

Evolution IS a big heresy.
It's not God who is personally threatened by it, He knows how utterly dependant we are upon Him for the very breath of life, as well as salvation.
It is the people who are being deceived by it.
It is a great delusion that will rob multitudes of eternal life, because it severs the created from their Creator.
It teaches that people are naturally maturing to greater levels of spiritual maturity -- superior human existence, they don't need God as their Redeemer and Savior.

Believers in evolution don't need a soon coming Savior to take them out of this sinful world, to heaven, for they believe mankind is advancing through pain and suffering into a superior level of existence via evolution.

The last warning message to the world is --

WOSHIP HIM WHO MADE... EVERYTHING... fear God and give Him glory (See Rev. 14:7)
The saints are those who with patient endurance keep the law of God and the faith of Jesus. (See Rev. 14:12)

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Elle] #173686
05/26/15 05:49 AM
05/26/15 05:49 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Blessings Elle, (no pun intended) I'm not sure I understand what you mean by these feasts being fulfilled spiritually in us?

We can use Pentecost as an example. List me the type and shadow of the Law about it with whatever you understand from it.

Originally Posted By: Alchemy
I believe we will be there for those after the Second Coming?

??? Could you elaborate? In what way? Do you means before you go to heaven or after the millennium?

BTW I don't believe those from the 1st resurrection will go to heaven to live there. There's another discussion about this and there's no need to get into this here too heavily. But since Eze 44 & 45 pertain to this discutssion, it says they(priests of Zadok) will have the uncorruptible and immortal garment(symbol=linen) to minister to the Lord, but they will have another garment to minister to the people also. Basically they will have 2 sets of garments (one to minister to God and the other to minister to the people). Just like Jesus after His resurrection was able to be seen by men and eat as men while dissappear at will and going to heaven at will by putting on his linen garment.

Eze 44-46 is clear that the unfaithful Priests(not having access to linen garment), the people, and the Princes will still be around during the Millennium doing sacrifices during the feasts. Of course these(sacrifices & feasts) are symbolic and from the writings of Paul we know that it is the spritual form we are to keep.

Sorry Elle for the long delay in answering you! I just missed this post until now.

As far as the timing of feast days in the future, the Feast of Tabernacles is mentioned in Zech. 14:16, 19. The Bible does say year after year, which still surprises me a little.

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #173688
05/26/15 06:15 AM
05/26/15 06:15 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
quoting:
" Shall we not gather our forces together, and come up to the feast of tabernacles? Let us not treat this matter as one of little importance... Let no one plead an excuse at such a time. One of the reasons why we have appointed the camp-meeting ... is that we desire the people of that vicinity to become acquainted with our doctrines and works..... Therefore come to the camp-meeting, even though you have to make a sacrifice to do so, and the Lord will bless your efforts to honour his cause and advance his work. {EGW in Bible Echo, December 8, 1893 par. 5}

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #173807
06/01/15 04:31 PM
06/01/15 04:31 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
And some will only quote the first sentence, stopping after "come up to the feast of tabernacles", insisting Ellen White kept and promoted the feast days of the Jews. So dishonest! I find dishonesty seems to be their main theme they live by.

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: dedication] #173930
06/04/15 02:43 PM
06/04/15 02:43 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: dedication
quoting:
" Shall we not gather our forces together, and come up to the feast of tabernacles? Let us not treat this matter as one of little importance... Let no one plead an excuse at such a time. One of the reasons why we have appointed the camp-meeting ... is that we desire the people of that vicinity to become acquainted with our doctrines and works..... Therefore come to the camp-meeting, even though you have to make a sacrifice to do so, and the Lord will bless your efforts to honour his cause and advance his work. {EGW in Bible Echo, December 8, 1893 par. 5}

Excellent post dedication.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!