HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (ProdigalOne, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #174566
06/23/15 08:44 PM
06/23/15 08:44 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Yes, willingness and understanding how to keep His commanments. It seem eay to hide ourselves because we are far away from certain problems.

It takes patience - and endurance. Praying for progress, even if it seems slow in being fulfilled.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Johann] #174568
06/23/15 09:08 PM
06/23/15 09:08 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Johann
Yes, willingness and understanding how to keep His commanments. It seem eay to hide ourselves because we are far away from certain problems.

It takes patience - and endurance. Praying for progress, even if it seems slow in being fulfilled.

Just wondering how your comments fit in the flow of the conversation.
Do you believe Ezekiel's temple will yet be built over in Jerusalem?
Or are you referring to something earlier in the discussion?

Originally Posted By: dedication
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Elle
Are you saying that Ezk 44-48 is not a valid prophesy?
I'm saying it's not about the future millennium. You said it was talking about the millennium, but I was trying to show it wasn't, that it couldn't be. It's talking about what could have been if Israel had obeyed. But the prophesy is not voided, just not fulfilled literally as it could have been back in ancient Israel's day. Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us. To keep a literal Passover day would be an insult to Him.

Agree!
Ezekiel was talking about a temple THAT COULD HAVE BEEN (should have been) after the Babylonian captivity when the returning remnant of Israel was given 490 years to prepare themselves and the world for the first advent of Messiah.
Daniel 9 tells us Messiah would come 483 years after Jerusalem was again authorized and built as Israel's capital.

And he did come at the appointed time. However the temple for which Ezekiel had given them the pattern was not there -- instead there was the temple built by Herod the Edomite. It was still God's house for Herod had refurbished and embellished the original simple temple built by the returned exiles 480 some years earlier, but it was not the temple God had given them the pattern for, through Ezekiel.

Of course God knew the future, but He also continually revealed what He really wanted for Israel -- if only they would have been willing and obedient.

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #174570
06/23/15 09:33 PM
06/23/15 09:33 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
No, I was going back to the original question

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: dedication] #174596
06/24/15 03:53 PM
06/24/15 03:53 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
Originally Posted By: Elle

Talking to Kland--
-Your objection MAKES NO SENCE : because both Israel and Judah had already failed and were already deported BEFORE that prophecies was given. dunno

Since your point makes no sense, then my point still stand.

That is not correct.
True, Ezekiel prophesied during Babylonian captivity. However, there was a restoration with a lot of wonderful promises covering another 490 year period when these promises could have been fulfilled. (See Daniel 9 and Jeremiah 25:11-12; 2 Chron. 36:22-23; Ezra 1:1-2)
Yes, I was coming back to say that what Elle suggests is not true.

Of course both Israel and Judah had already failed. They failed multiple times. But in Ezekiel, that was prophesied in the 570's. BC! Jerusalem wasn't left desolate until 70 AD! They failed one final time.

So why Elle was saying it means something to our future rather than their future, that definitely makes no SENSE.

Without knowing how she defines prophecy, there's other places showing it's conditional.

Jer 18:7 "The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it,
8 "if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.
9 "And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it,
10 "if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it.

Then there's Jonah.

Jon 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

But in 40 days Nineveh was not destroyed because they repented. Jonah even expected it or at least worried they might and the Lord relent. So shall we pluck up that 40 days out of context and insert it into the future at a time period of our choosing?

Yet 40 days and something will happen in the U.S.
It's 'biblical', you know. wink

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: kland] #174600
06/25/15 01:49 AM
06/25/15 01:49 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Blessings kland,

You wrote; "Of course both Israel and Judah had already failed. They failed multiple times. But in Ezekiel, that was prophesied in the 570's. BC! Jerusalem wasn't left desolate until 70 AD! They failed one final time." (bold emphasis mine)

When Jesus made that statement in Matthew 23 it was 31 AD. Other than that your post was good, some prophecies are conditional.

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #174626
06/25/15 08:17 PM
06/25/15 08:17 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Guess the question would be was Jerusalem left desolate in 31 AD or 70 AD. I looked at it as being 'desolate' in 70, but it was 'left' in 31 AD.

(I had thought it was something like 33 AD?)

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #174675
06/27/15 11:19 PM
06/27/15 11:19 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Jerusalem, as a nation wasn't left desolate in 31 AD. The temple services had expired then, but the nation's probation still lingered.

After all -- the apostles were commissioned to preach FIRST to the Jews. Why? Because a lot of the people didn't understand the Messiah's mission and as Peter and the other apostles explained comparing scripture with Christ's life, thousands of Jews and even quite a number of Pharisees believed and were baptized. (Read Acts chapters 1-4) Multitudes believed!

34 AD we see the leadership in Jerusalem fully committing themselves to exterminate the Christian Jews. This marks the beginning of their end. The stoning of Stephen after his strong appeal to them is a key point in time. The Jewish leaders authorized the death of many and most of the rest of the Jewish Christians fled out to other places, till only a few were left in Jerusalem. Yet the apostles still had their "headquarters" in Jerusalem even as late as 50 AD and beyond.

When the Romans first besieged Jerusalem in 66 AD and then withdrew for a short time, it was a sign for all Christians to flee Jerusalem. No Christian Jews perished when the city fell in 70 AD.

(See DA 630)

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: dedication] #174687
06/28/15 11:03 AM
06/28/15 11:03 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Aren't we going way off topic since page 8? I would like to comment, but in apropriate discussion as what I will say will probably add a few more pages.

Blessings
Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: Daryl] #174735
06/29/15 02:10 PM
06/29/15 02:10 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Well, if we are going off topic it is because you said,

"We got deviated because

-My Point : Ezekiel 44-48 (which is futur) shows feasts and sacrifices keeping; thus Feasts and sacrifice still relevant.

-Your objection: Ezkiel 44-48 was conditional ....THUS that prophecy is not valid because Israel had failed.

-Your objection MAKES NO SENCE : because both Israel and Judah had already failed and were already deported BEFORE that prophecies was given. dunno

Since your point makes no sense, then my point still stand.
"

Which I objected to. Which then we showed how what you attempted to say simply was not true.

Either Ez 44-48 is your point or it is not. If it IS your point, it has been shown to be invalid. It may not be wise to pull a Green on us by saying it's off topic when people object to your point.

Re: Are The Feast Days & Sabbaths Still Binding? [Re: kland] #174747
06/29/15 03:34 PM
06/29/15 03:34 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Often discussion go off topic to clarify an issue. That's just normal. If the "off topic" cannot be resolve in a page or two, than it's better to start another topic and resolve that question under an appropriate discussion title. Let's give respect to Daryl and the moderators by being responsible to do what is right and avoiding them to do a bunch of work to transfer pages of posts to another topic. I'm willing to continue this off topic in another appropriate topic.

Originally Posted By: kland
Either Ez 44-48 is your point or it is not. If it IS your point, it has been shown to be invalid. It may not be wise to pull a Green on us by saying it's off topic when people object to your point.

I have made many other points in this discussion. It was Alchemy who brought up futur prophecies in relation to feasts:
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
As far as the timing of feast days in the future, the Feast of Tabernacles is mentioned in Zech. 14:16, 19. The Bible does say year after year, which still surprises me a little.

He was surprised I mentioned Ez 44-48 and not Isa 66. But there's other prophecies that talk about the feast in a futuristic manner.

But this treating prophecies as conditional is the same mentality as seeing the laws as irrelenat and nailing them to the cross. I see this as Man setting himself up to be able to pick and choose which one he wants to believe or keep. That's typical and always has been so. I personally don't believe in cherry picking the "Word of God" whether in the laws or in prophecies. But that's is my personal conviction.

So to discuss about if prophecies are conditional or not is clearly going to take many pages of discussion to resolve this.

I'm not pulling a "green"(whatever that means) on you. I'm just realistic knowing we are going into pages of posts. I do have much scriptures to cover to address this off topic question.

Blessings
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!