HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181562
10/04/16 08:21 PM
10/04/16 08:21 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: kland
So "these great beasts", where did Daniel see them, where are they in reference to, if they weren't one and the same beasts Daniel just saw? Where are the land beasts explained? Isn't that what Daniel was troubled about and wanted to know?

Da 7:16 "I came near to one of those who stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me and made known to me the interpretation of these things:

Are you saying the Bible should really say, 'So he told me and made known to me the interpretation of some other things:'

Kland

Would you agree that:
Daniel 7:1-14 is the vision
Daniel 7:15-28 is the interpretation
Yes, but you seem to see the opposite.

Quote:
Should our understanding of the vision be used to explain the interpretation?

Or should our understanding of the interpretation be used to explain the vision?
Neither. We should let the interpretation give us understanding of the vision.

Quote:

After studying the vision and the interpretation, is it our position that the vision explains the interpretation or does Heaven's interpretation explain the vision?

Quote:
The student of the Bible should be taught to approach it in the spirit of a learner. We are to search its pages, not for proof to sustain our opinions, but in order to know what God says. {Ed 189.1}

Heaven's interpretation (7:17) states that it is explaining 4 kings--Kings are rulers "He shall be king in my stead: and I have appointed him to be ruler" (1 Kings 1:35).
False.

Heaven's interpretation states it is explaining the vision of the four great beasts which came up from the sea.

Quote:
Heaven's interpretation states that it is explaining that they come from the "earth"--Bible study as summarized from the Spirit of Prophecy quote indicates that the symbolic earth relates to the United States in Bible prophecy so we must apply our understanding of Heaven's interpretation to the vision.
But Ellen White, (while she had the spirit of prophecy, don't confuse her AS the spirit of prophecy. Revelation 19:10 "for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."), was talking about A beast, "I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb." Not four "beasts". Not great "beasts".
But the beast with lamblike horns was seen "coming up out of the earth." Instead of overthrowing other powers to establish itself, the nation thus represented must arise in territory previously unoccupied and grow up gradually and peacefully.

One beast. Specifically that with lamblike horns. Not overthrowing the other powers.

His child, your mixing things. And using your opinion to interpret the interpretation.

Quote:
To understand the vision correctly, Heaven's interpretation of the vision is the INTERPRETATION. To use the vision to explain Heaven's interpretation is faulty logic.

Rightly understood, the vision in 7:1-14 carries us to the endtime and the interpretation in 7:15-28 reveals the endtime American Presidents that are in office until Christ comes as sure as King Nebuchadnezzar was the head of gold at the onset of Daniel's prophecy.
FALSE!

It does not. It interprets the vision. The vision which states:
Da 7:2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

Da 7:17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

Do you negate Heaven's vision? Or should you try to understand Heaven's interpretation of the vision. The vision of the four great beasts which came up from the sea.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #181563
10/04/16 08:27 PM
10/04/16 08:27 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
Reign would have been more consistent with Heavens interpretation that it is explaining 4 kings but God commanded that the meaning of Daniel was to be sealed until the endtime. Thus the translators fulfilled God's word by interjecting their understanding into their translation.

Not until the time of the 4 kings arrived could the meaning of Daniel 7:17 be understood.
And no, that's not true.
Daniel 7 was understood in Daniel 8 and 9. It was not sealed.

Daniel's last vision was what was sealed. If you let the visions interpret themselves.

Quote:
So the position that Daniel 7 is about "4 symbolic sea beasts = 4 actual earthly kingdoms" cannot be correct:

1) It makes Daniel 7 contradict Revelation 13
2) Is does not follow the pattern of Revelation 13 that supplements Daniel 7
3) The book of Daniel was sealed until the endtime--the kingdom view was established hundreds of years before the endtime--it cannot be the meaning that was unsealed in the endtime
4) God promised to increase knowledge in the endtime
5) The translation of some words in Daniel contradict the context
No. Not so.

Revelation 13 is about one of the 4 beasts. One beast. Not four.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #181572
10/05/16 09:08 AM
10/05/16 09:08 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
kland,
I read your two replies to my post.

The truth that is self-evident will stand on its own. God's word will not return to Him void.

In the event that I may not have made myself clear, please pray about it and then after it has time to settle reread what you were replying to. I'm praying for you.
Christian regards

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181573
10/05/16 09:52 AM
10/05/16 09:52 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

Here in Daniel 7, the four beasts are normally considered land beasts, but, they are coming up out of the sea. In verse 16, an angel has arrived to show Daniel the interpretation. This is why there is a change in our thinking in verse 17. Verse 17 is part of the interpretation.

The symbolic beasts are literal nations and the symbolic sea represents a populated part of the earth.

I hope I was clear.

Alchemy,
That is very well put. Thank you.

So the only problem that remains is to Reconcile Daniel 7 with Revelation 13.

In Daniel 7 logic would have us to conclude Heaven's interpretation is an interpretation of the vision and not an expansion of it. But within the portion of Scripture that interprets the vision there are some facts that are out of context with the vision:

The origin of the beasts has been changed from sea to earth.
The fourth beast now has brass nails-- not mentioned in the vision.
The beasts are cited as KINGS (a word that occurs in the Bible about 2800 times in either Aramaic or Hebrew and with 5 exceptions it is KING(s) never kingdoms.

Conversely the word kingdom can be rendered reign, realm or kingly.

So Heaven's interpretation that they are KINGS trumps man's understanding that they are kingdoms. But man manipulates the text and reasons that kings are kingdoms and does away with Heaven's interpretation using the vision to interpret the interpretation rather than the interpretation to interpret the vision.

After man has disregarded a plain thus saith the Lord "These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth" (Daniel 7:17)

Man disregards the fact that Revelation 13 explains the meaning of the symbolic earth that will in turn explain who these kings are in the time of the end when Revelation supplements Daniel and they explain themselves by their fulfillment.

The partial understanding of the 4 kingdoms was correct before knowledge increased. Now the problem is that the partial understanding has become a barrier to a more complete understanding that is revealed in the endtime when Daniel is standing in his lot.

Quote:
There is need of a much closer study of the Word of God; especially should Daniel and the Revelation have attention as never before. . . . The light that Daniel received from God was given especially for these last days.--TM 112, 113 (1896).

Quote:
But that part of his prophecy which related to the last days, Daniel was bidden to close up and seal “to the time of the end.” Not till we reach this time could a message concerning the Judgment be proclaimed, based on a fulfillment of these prophecies. But at the time of the end, says the prophet, “many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.” [Daniel 12:4.] {GC88 355.3}

His Child wrote;

"The origin of the beasts has been changed from sea to earth.
The beasts are cited as KINGS (a word that occurs in the Bible about 2800 times in either Aramaic or Hebrew and with 5 exceptions it is KING(s) never kingdoms."

Your first statement about the origin of the beasts changing is incorrect. We changed from the vision to the interpretation. Consequently, we changed from the symbolic to the literal.

As far as the brass nails in Daniel 7:19, I have never thought on these before, but, they could be left over from Greece. Greece was represented by brass in Daniel 2.

Daniel 7:23 says the fourth beast represents the fourth "kingdom" on the earth. And this is after Daniel 7:17 where the term "four kings" was used. So, I believe the Bible is clear that beast and king both mean kingdom.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Alchemy] #181578
10/05/16 11:32 AM
10/05/16 11:32 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
His Child wrote;

"The origin of the beasts has been changed from sea to earth.
The beasts are cited as KINGS (a word that occurs in the Bible about 2800 times in either Aramaic or Hebrew and with 5 exceptions it is KING(s) never kingdoms."

Your first statement about the origin of the beasts changing is incorrect. We changed from the vision to the interpretation. Consequently, we changed from the symbolic to the literal.

The interpretation is what it is an interpretation. Someone in Heaven gave the interpretation as "earth" Thus to understand what Heaven is speaking of, we must understand what the earth is. In Revelation 13, earth is identified as the uninhabited area that we understand to be the United states.

So the question for each one to decide for themselves "Is the earth in Heaven's interpretation in Daniel 7:17 the literal earth or the symbolic earth?"

As far as the brass nails in Daniel 7:19, I have never thought on these before, but, they could be left over from Greece. Greece was represented by brass in Daniel 2.

True that is, BUT the brass is an added feature in the interpretation that is not mentioned in the vision.

Daniel 7:23 says the fourth beast represents the fourth "kingdom" on the earth. And this is after Daniel 7:17 where the term "four kings" was used. So, I believe the Bible is clear that beast and king both mean kingdom.

That is not necessarily true. Most if not all English translations say that, but the word in the original language is also translated reign, which is consistent with Heaven's depiction that the 4 beasts are 4 kings. The KJV translators knew the 4 kingdom meaning and used it as a model to choose the word kingdom in 7:23.

If they had understood the endtime presidents, they would most likely used the word reign and not contradicted Heaven's interpretation given in 7:17

The bottom line is if we rightly divide the word of God, we will be approved of God.

It is up to the Holy Spirit to impress truth on each soul.

I have told you how I read it and why. But you are not responsible for how I read it unless I am reading it correctly.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181596
10/08/16 01:13 PM
10/08/16 01:13 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

In Daniel 7 the first beast was like a lion and the second a bear. Does the bible use those symbols anywhere else?

Proverbs 28:15 "As a roaring lion, and a ranging bear; so is a wicked ruler over the poor people."

A ruler?

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181628
10/10/16 02:09 PM
10/10/16 02:09 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
kland,
I read your two replies to my post.

The truth that is self-evident will stand on its own. God's word will not return to Him void.

In the event that I may not have made myself clear, please pray about it and then after it has time to settle reread what you were replying to. I'm praying for you.
Christian regards
I'm taking that as an indication of an "oops" in your book and you don't know how to respond to it.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: kland] #181629
10/10/16 08:30 PM
10/10/16 08:30 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
I'm taking that as an indication of an "oops" in your book and you don't know how to respond to it.

You assume too much.

If you are not misreading me, then no use to keep telling you that you are mistaken according to my reading of the Scriptures. I hope that you are misreading me...

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #181681
10/20/16 12:39 PM
10/20/16 12:39 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
The 7 heads on the papal-beast:

Revelation 13:3 "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast."

1) It was wounded in 1798 when authority over church and state was subjugated.
2) It was healed in 1929 when authority over church and state was restored.
3) The Scripture is referring to the phase of the beast when it is healed post-1929

History shows us that the papacy has had 6 named heads since 1929
1) Pius (a pope Pius [VI] got the wound & a pope Pius [XI] was healed)
2) John
3) Paul
4) John-Paul
5) Benedict (he reigned for a short space less than 7 years from Biblical chronology... 29 March 2006 - 28 February 2013 [from the death of Pope John-Paul II on 2 April 2005 - 28 March 2006 was John-Paul II's final year / Benedict's ascension year])
6) Francis
7) Satan

From the perspective of the men who ruled as solo popes:
1) Pius XI
2) Pius XII
3) John
4) Paul
5) John-Paul I
6) John-Paul II (the one that is and will be)
7) Benedict (began his rule during GW's term and ended during BO's term)

When the tally of post 1929 solo popes reached 7, the prophecy shifted from the papal beast to the earth beast.

The horns on the earth beast are:
1) George Walker Bush
2) Barack Obama

The 2nd beast only has 2 horns: not any more.

President Obama is the man identified in prophecy who will make war against the church of God until Christ Comes.

As ancient Babylon had 3 Kings: Belshazzar, Nabonidus, & Daniel when it fell; papal Babylon will have 3 popes--Satan, Francis, and Benedict.

Cyrus was a type of Christ. He dried up the Euphrates the night Babylon fell. ISIS is drying up the people from the Euphrates River basin and the priests' fornication scandal is drying up the flow of Christians into papal Babylon and its apostate daughters.

When Satan appears as a human being (John-Paul II) papal Babylon will have its three kings. Christ will come soon thereafter.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181682
10/20/16 08:16 PM
10/20/16 08:16 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Astonishingly fanciful "interpretation."
All of which is (apparently) based on a single verse, since no other verses were offered.

Which is why I am skeptical of any doctrine which rests on one verse alone.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!