HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #181738
10/26/16 02:21 AM
10/26/16 02:21 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
It is very important that we realize what part of the Book of Daniel was sealed. Much of Daniel was not sealed. The kingdoms of Persia and Grecia, Greece, was revealed in the Book of Daniel in two different places. So, the part of Daniel that was sealed was the part that had to do with the these last days. Only the part of Daniel that had to do with the time of the end that we are living in right now.

I hope I was clear.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181739
10/26/16 02:27 AM
10/26/16 02:27 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: Nadi
The Scripture says that the wise will understand.

True.

It also says:
"The Spirit will lead you into all truth" John 16:13

and:
"...having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people." 11 Tim.3:5

and:
"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 11 Tim. 4:3

and:
"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." 11 Tim. 2:15

So you see that what Scripture says is less important than what we say it says and how we understand what it says.

I agree with all the Scriptures cited. And when the prophecies come to pass the wise will be blessed and trhe foolish will know their folly. But if it is as it was in the days of Noah, there will not be time to change one's mind. I hope that it is not that way.
(bold emphasis mine)

Blessings His child,

I have warned you before about the "fulfillment of prophecies". I used the example of the Temple in the earthly Jerusalem being built and how that can't ever be a fulfillment of prophecy, but, just deeper darkness. So, be very careful. In Deut. 13:1-5 the Bible gives us an example of a "prophecy being fulfilled" and it leads to the destruction of souls.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Alchemy] #181753
10/28/16 10:19 PM
10/28/16 10:19 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
I would also like to mention that reign as it pertains to time could also be part of the understanding of H4437 in Daniel 7:23. A kingdom also reigns for a time in history.

That is true. Daniel 12: 4 & 9 "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased... And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end."

" But since 1798 the book of Daniel has been unsealed, knowledge of the prophecies has increased, and many have proclaimed the solemn message of the Judgment near." {GC88 356.2}

Since "A kingdom also reigns for a time in history." it is obvious that the time for these kingdoms was after 1798 when the prophecy was unsealed.
(bold emphasis mine)

Impossible! Daniel called out Babylon directly as the head of Gold in chapter two. Babylon is also the Lion with eagles wings.

Not so. Daniel called out King Nebuchadnezzar as the head of gold not his kingdom. In Daniel 4 when Daniel called out King Nebuchadnezzar as the great tree, nobody said ah Daniel was talking about Babylon. In both chapters it is the same king and the same prophet and the same statement "you are..." but in chapter 2 tradition has changed the king to his kingdom and chapter 4 the king stays himself. Does Correct Prophetic interpretation work that way?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Alchemy] #181754
10/28/16 10:21 PM
10/28/16 10:21 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
It is very important that we realize what part of the Book of Daniel was sealed. Much of Daniel was not sealed. The kingdoms of Persia and Grecia, Greece, was revealed in the Book of Daniel in two different places. So, the part of Daniel that was sealed was the part that had to do with the these last days. Only the part of Daniel that had to do with the time of the end that we are living in right now.

I hope I was clear.

Have you compared what was written about Grecia and Persia to the original text?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Alchemy] #181755
10/28/16 10:26 PM
10/28/16 10:26 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

I have warned you before about the "fulfillment of prophecies". I used the example of the Temple in the earthly Jerusalem being built and how that can't ever be a fulfillment of prophecy, but, just deeper darkness. So, be very careful. In Deut. 13:1-5 the Bible gives us an example of a "prophecy being fulfilled" and it leads to the destruction of souls.

If I were to hold my peace, would it bring glory to God? or just comfort those who are satisfied with the milk of Scripture?

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181814
11/03/16 02:34 AM
11/03/16 02:34 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
I would also like to mention that reign as it pertains to time could also be part of the understanding of H4437 in Daniel 7:23. A kingdom also reigns for a time in history.

That is true. Daniel 12: 4 & 9 "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased... And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end."

" But since 1798 the book of Daniel has been unsealed, knowledge of the prophecies has increased, and many have proclaimed the solemn message of the Judgment near." {GC88 356.2}

Since "A kingdom also reigns for a time in history." it is obvious that the time for these kingdoms was after 1798 when the prophecy was unsealed.
(bold emphasis mine)

Impossible! Daniel called out Babylon directly as the head of Gold in chapter two. Babylon is also the Lion with eagles wings.

Not so. Daniel called out King Nebuchadnezzar as the head of gold not his kingdom. In Daniel 4 when Daniel called out King Nebuchadnezzar as the great tree, nobody said ah Daniel was talking about Babylon. In both chapters it is the same king and the same prophet and the same statement "you are..." but in chapter 2 tradition has changed the king to his kingdom and chapter 4 the king stays himself. Does Correct Prophetic interpretation work that way?

Well, to say the prophecy means king only wouldn't make any sense because their weren't any names of kings called out for the other kingdoms! As we study the fulfillment of these prophecies they clearly apply to kingdoms and not kings. There were even kings in Babylon after Nebuchadnezzar! Yet, the prophecy continued to apply to that kingdom of Babylon.

And even though Cyrus was prophecied about over a century earlier, we didn't know what kingdom he would be associated with until the prophecy was fulfilled against Babylon. And even then, there were many other kings in Medo-Persia besides Cyrus.

So, your point about the kings can't be substantiated.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181815
11/03/16 02:46 AM
11/03/16 02:46 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia

I hope I was clear.

Have you compared what was written about Grecia and Persia to the original text?

Sure! And it supports my very point in my post just before this one. The kings of these kingdoms aren't ever mentioned by name. Not even Alexander the Great. So, kings clearly means kingdoms.

I hope I was clear.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181816
11/03/16 02:48 AM
11/03/16 02:48 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia

If I were to hold my peace, would it bring glory to God? or just comfort those who are satisfied with the milk of Scripture?
(bold emphasis mine)

Well, until you gain a better and clearer understanding of Bible prophecy, it would glorify God.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Alchemy] #181824
11/04/16 10:14 AM
11/04/16 10:14 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

Well, to say the prophecy means king only wouldn't make any sense because their weren't any names of kings called out for the other kingdoms! As we study the fulfillment of these prophecies they clearly apply to kingdoms and not kings. There were even kings in Babylon after Nebuchadnezzar! Yet, the prophecy continued to apply to that kingdom of Babylon.

And even though Cyrus was prophecied about over a century earlier, we didn't know what kingdom he would be associated with until the prophecy was fulfilled against Babylon. And even then, there were many other kings in Medo-Persia besides Cyrus.

Of course it does not make sense. BECAUSE that is not what I said.

Jer 27:7 "And all nations shall serve him [Nebuchadnezzar], and his son [Nabonidus], and his son’s son [Belshazzar], until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him."

Da 2:38 "Thou [Nebuchadnezzar] art this head of gold."

Da 2:39 And after thee [Nebuchadnezzar] shall arise another reign from your land, and another third reign of brass, which shall bear rule over all the land.

Daniel 2 fulfills Jeremiah's prophecy. Daniel 2 is primarily about KINGS.

Dan 2:40 "And the fourth reignshall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, it shall be broken in pieces and bruise."

Dan 2:44 "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven appoint a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these reigns, and it shall stand for ever."

When Daniel 7 came along it repeated and enlarged the meaning of Daniel 2 from kings to kingdoms. Then Heaven's interpretation of Daniel 7 revealed the endtime meaning that was "sealed, closed, and shut-up" until the time of the end (Dan 12:4 & 9)

Dan 7:17 "These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth."

7:17 is Heaven's interpretation of the meaning of the vision in 7:1-14. To say that the translators knew more than Heaven because they chose the word kingdom when reign was the meaning that Heaven revealed is foolishness. Heaven says the vision is about KINGS. Heaven says the vision is about kings that came from the EARTH. Thus we are obliged to discover what the earth is in the interpretation of this prophecy rather than to discover the meaning of the sea in the vision to use it to explain the interpretation. When Heaven's interpretation of the prophecy is followed to interpret the vision, the correct meaning that was sealed until the endtime is understood.

When the vision 7:1-14 is used to interpret the interpretation, the incorrect meaning is inserted in place of Heaven's interpretation.

That is not rocket science it is the historicist methodology rightly applied.

Also note that Daniel was bilingual. the Word that he used for sea (Daniel 7:2-3) is West in Hebrew.

Daniel 7:2 "Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea." can also be saying: "Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove WITH CAPTAINS FROM THE WEST".

The word for great is also CAPTAIN in both Aramaic and Hebrew.

Looking beyond the superficial is needed.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181826
11/05/16 12:48 PM
11/05/16 12:48 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia

Of course it does not make sense. BECAUSE that is not what I said.

Jer 27:7 "And all nations shall serve him [Nebuchadnezzar], and his son [Nabonidus], and his son’s son [Belshazzar], until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him."

Da 2:38 "Thou [Nebuchadnezzar] art this head of gold."

Da 2:39 And after thee [Nebuchadnezzar] shall arise another reign from your land, and another third reign of brass, which shall bear rule over all the land.

Daniel 2 fulfills Jeremiah's prophecy. Daniel 2 is primarily about KINGS.

Dan 2:40 "And the fourth reignshall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, it shall be broken in pieces and bruise."

Dan 2:44 "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven appoint a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these reigns, and it shall stand for ever."

When Daniel 7 came along it repeated and enlarged the meaning of Daniel 2 from kings to kingdoms. Then Heaven's interpretation of Daniel 7 revealed the endtime meaning that was "sealed, closed, and shut-up" until the time of the end (Dan 12:4 & 9)

Dan 7:17 "These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth."

7:17 is Heaven's interpretation of the meaning of the vision in 7:1-14. To say that the translators knew more than Heaven because they chose the word kingdom when reign was the meaning that Heaven revealed is foolishness. Heaven says the vision is about KINGS. Heaven says the vision is about kings that came from the EARTH. Thus we are obliged to discover what the earth is in the interpretation of this prophecy rather than to discover the meaning of the sea in the vision to use it to explain the interpretation. When Heaven's interpretation of the prophecy is followed to interpret the vision, the correct meaning that was sealed until the endtime is understood.

When the vision 7:1-14 is used to interpret the interpretation, the incorrect meaning is inserted in place of Heaven's interpretation.

That is not rocket science it is the historicist methodology rightly applied.

Also note that Daniel was bilingual. the Word that he used for sea (Daniel 7:2-3) is West in Hebrew.

Daniel 7:2 "Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea." can also be saying: "Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove WITH CAPTAINS FROM THE WEST".

The word for great is also CAPTAIN in both Aramaic and Hebrew.

Looking beyond the superficial is needed.

(bold emphasis mine)

Letting the Bible interpret itself is needed. A lot of good information in this post btw.

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!