HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 40 of 119 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 118 119
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #175483
07/20/15 12:26 AM
07/20/15 12:26 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
My comment : This is interesting. Remember Pope Francis declared a Jubilee March 2015; now he calls for a Global Bankruptcy Process.

Pope Francis Calls for Global Bankruptcy Process

http://www.jubileeusa.org/press/press-it...cy-process.html

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 14, 2015

Washington, DC - Pope Francis called for an international bankruptcy process in a news conference as he left Latin America on Monday. According to the Associated Press, when asked about the Greek debt crisis, Francis stated, "if a company can declare bankruptcy, why can't a country do so and we go to the aid of others?" Francis offered further comments noting that too many countries are struggling with high debts and he suggested a United Nations bankruptcy proposal could be the solution.‎

“Pope Francis knows that heavy debt loads cause poverty and inequality,” said Eric LeCompte, who consulted the Vatican on its position. LeCompte is the head of the religious development organization Jubilee USA Network. “The Pope's statement is a logical extension of the Catholic Church's strong support of debt relief for struggling countries."

Last year, LeCompte led a delegation of global Jubilee organizations to advise Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin on the need for a bankruptcy process to address inequality. The Catholic Church is a founder of Jubilee USA and supports its efforts to win debt relief for struggling countries.

In September of 2014, the United Nations General Assembly voted 124-11 to develop the bankruptcy process that Pope Francis referenced. LeCompte addressed the UN earlier this year on the creation of the process. This Fall, the United Nations is set to review progress on the proposal. Because International Monetary Fund (IMF) studies point to debt as a cause of inequality, the IMF is exploring aspects of a bankruptcy process based on an April 2013 paper. In addition to the debt crisis in Greece, nearly 50 countries‎ face worrying levels of debt distress according to World Bank statistics.

“A bankruptcy process is critical if we want less poverty and if we want to prevent financial crisis,” stated LeCompte, who consulted a recent United Nations Conference on Trade and Development road map that fed into the UN bankruptcy process. “Bankruptcy means less inequality and more global stability."

- See more at: http://www.jubileeusa.org/press/press-it...h.jPYPFoz7.dpuf

Blessings
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #175484
07/20/15 12:29 AM
07/20/15 12:29 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
BRICS Bank open for business

http://thebricspost.com/brics-bank-open-for-business/#.VaxBjKRViko
July 7, 2015, 4:21 pm

The long-heralded New Development Bank (NDB) or the BRICS Bank officially commenced business on Tuesday with the first meeting of its board of governors in Moscow.
The NDB with about $50 billion in capital to invest in public infrastructure will compete with institutions where the US has considerably more influence—organizations such as the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund.

The agreement was signed by the bloc’s five members — Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa — on July 15 last year during the sixth BRICS summit.

The board of governors appointed members of the BRICS board of directors and the management led by the president, Kundapur Vaman Kamath.

The board meet on Tuesday in Moscow also discussed rules regarding procedures and the bank’s five-year development strategy.

The bank will aim to “promote reform of global economic governance” China’s Finance Minister Lou Jiwei had said earlier.

The inaugural management team will take their posts in Shanghai in mid-July.

The NDB is expected to launch late this year or early next year.

The bank has an initial authorized capital of $100 billion.

Its initial subscribed capital of $50 billion will be equally shared among the founding members.

It will have a three-tier governance structure — a board of governors, a board of directors, a president and vice presidents.

As agreed by the five countries, the first chair of the board of governors has been nominated by Russia, the first chair of the board of directors by Brazil, and the first president by India.

An African regional center of the bank will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.

“The bank’s establishment will be an important achievement for financial cooperation among BRICS members,” said China’s Finance Minister Lou Jiwei.

The Chinese government is providing $10 billion as prescribed for the initial subscribed capital.

The BRICS central bank governors on Tuesday also signed an operating agreement on the $100 billion monetary fund.

The BRICS Contingent Reserve Arrangement (CRA) will come into force on 30 July, Head of the Russian Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina said after the meet on Tuesday in Moscow.

“Several other documents will be adopted to regulate the operation of governing bodies – the Governing Council and the Standing Committee,” said Nabiullina.

Blessings
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #175563
07/22/15 08:59 PM
07/22/15 08:59 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
To stay focus on the underlined which is the point you raised in this discussion -- why need wealth or material things in the next Kingdom which you believe will be in heaven?(my paraphrase of your point) Thus you ask for me to provide scripture to show that the next kingdom is material. I did provide just a few direct quotation but there's much more.

So provide quotes showing we need wealth after the second coming whether in heaven or on the earth.

Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: kland] #175573
07/23/15 10:47 AM
07/23/15 10:47 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Quote:
To stay focus on the underlined which is the point you raised in this discussion -- why need wealth or material things in the next Kingdom which you believe will be in heaven?(my paraphrase of your point) Thus you ask for me to provide scripture to show that the next kingdom is material. I did provide just a few direct quotation but there's much more.

So provide quotes showing we need wealth after the second coming whether in heaven or on the earth.

The Lord has shown it via the TYPE He established with the destruction of old Babylon. This is prophetic.

Right after the destruction of Babylon King Cyrus (One of the Kings of the East):
-made a decree that the people could return to their land(Ezra 7:13)
-provided some FUNDS for the construction of the temple (Ezra 5:13-17;Ezra 6:1-12;)
-provided some FUNDS for the restoration of the walls of the city of Jerusalem.(Neh 2:5-8;chap 3 & 4)

Below are the quotes that specificaly refers to the finances and material needed for the elders, Ezra, building of the Temple, building of the city walls, restoring the city ruins.

Originally Posted By: Bible
Fund Ezra and other leaders ask
Ezra 7:21 "And I, [even] I Artaxerxes the king, do make a decree to all the treasurers which [are] beyond the river, that whatsoever Ezra the priest, the scribe of the law of the God of heaven, shall require of you, it be done speedily,"

Fund the elders :
AV Ezr 6:8 Moreover I make a decree what ye shall do to the elders of these Jews for the building of this house of God: that of the king's goods, [even] of the tribute beyond the river, forthwith expenses be given unto these men, that they be not hindered. 9 And that which they have need of, both young bullocks, and rams, and lambs, for the burnt offerings of the God of heaven, wheat, salt, wine, and oil, according to the appointment of the priests which [are] at Jerusalem, let it be given them day by day without fail:

These expenses comes out of the King's(Cyrus) house :
AV Ezr 6:4 [With] three rows of great stones, and a row of new timber: and let the expenses be given out of the king's house:

A prayer of gratitude for the Lord to provide the Funds of the rebuilding of the Temple and Wall of the City via the King of Persia.
AV Ezr 9:9 For we [were] bondmen; yet our God hath not forsaken us in our bondage, but hath extended mercy unto us in the sight of the kings of Persia, to give us a reviving, to set up the house of our God, and to repair the desolations thereof, and to give us a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem.

This is a prophetic TYPE of what is to come when the Lord will bring down Mystery Babylon. Mystery Babylon is being destroyed by the Kings of the East today (China and Russia). And the TYPE shows that China and Russia will funds the building of the Kingdom of God.

Remember TYPES are represented in symbolic language. The temple is symbolic of the people(1Cor 6:19; 1Pet 2:5) and the wall of Jerusalem is symbolic of the Law(Lam 2:89). It is the people and the Law of God that will be restored throughout the land after the destruction of Babylon. That will require FUNDS and MATERIAL i)to evangelize and restore the people, and ii) to establish the Lord's laws back into our homes, our communities, and our government in our land.

It is not going to be done overnight. That's why the little stone(Kingdom of God) in Dan 2:35 grows gradually but will eventually become a great mountain and fill the whole earth. That may take at the max a 1000 years or much shorther...nobody knows the time it will take. There's lots of work ahead of us.

Blessings
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #175581
07/23/15 08:50 PM
07/23/15 08:50 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I think you made that up.

And therefore, anyone can use the word, "TYPE", as you use it to support every and anything they want.

Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: kland] #175653
07/28/15 01:37 PM
07/28/15 01:37 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
2Ki 5:26 Then he said to him, "Did not my heart go with you when the man turned back from his chariot to meet you? Is it time to receive money and to receive clothing, olive groves and vineyards, sheep and oxen, male and female servants?

Ya know, the other day I was squinting at the Bible and it dawned on me that we(SDAS) don't fully understand the TYPE of Gehazi. As he chased after silver and wealth, he became a leper.

So what will become of us today if we think the kingdom of God is made up of silver and gold and falsely try to get others to believe that way to?

Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: kland] #175719
07/31/15 12:59 AM
07/31/15 12:59 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada

And therefore, anyone can use the word, "TYPE", as you use it to support every and anything they want.

Nope! Would you be able to recognize them? It's harder than understanding the spiritual meaning of the Feasts by learning the symbolic language of the Lord.

I think that Types are mostly (if not all) set up by biblical events. The flood, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, the exodus, Feasts, wondering in the wilderness, following the pillar, etc... We could name most of scriptures stories and find these are types.

These types are prophetic and often repeats as a partial prophetic fullfillment revealing additional information about the plan of salvation. These teaches us the Lord's mind and ways in how He applies His laws in these events; thus understanding His character. Basically we're learning our Father's business by watching what He does.

Rev 16:12 connects Old Babylon with Mystery Babylon. Thus this means the destruction of Old Babylon is a TYPE because the same scenario was repeated with the fall of Mystery Babylon. AV Re 16:12 . And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. It was via the Euphrate river that Cyrus and Darius -- the kings of the East conquered old Babylon. Today the King of the East are Russia and China. China and Russia are setting up New "Banks" to dry up the River(=curren-cies) which is the life force of Mystery Babylon today.

Right after the fall of Old Babylon another type was establish by the Lord having His Kingdom (Temple, Wall, and the city) being build via the account told by Ezra and Nehemiah as they left Babylon. This is supported by what Daniel saw that right after the destruction of the last Empire, the Kingdom of God was established. (Dan 2:35; Dan 7)

Time will tell.

Blessings
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: kland] #175733
07/31/15 10:43 AM
07/31/15 10:43 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
2Ki 5:26 Then he said to him, "Did not my heart go with you when the man turned back from his chariot to meet you? Is it time to receive money and to receive clothing, olive groves and vineyards, sheep and oxen, male and female servants?

Ya know, the other day I was squinting at the Bible and it dawned on me that we(SDAS) don't fully understand the TYPE of Gehazi. As he chased after silver and wealth, he became a leper.

What I see from this TYPE is Elisha portrays the overcomer, the faithful servant who only does what the Lord told him to do -- nothing more nothing less. While in contrast, Gehazi portrays the unfaithful servant who seeks their own interest and not the Lord's.

Elisha "healed" Naaman because the Lord told him to. It was
not for a price. Gifts and donations are acceptable, but here it appears Elisha perceived or the Lord told him not to take the gift. Maybe it was to teach Naaman that healing is a free gift. I don't know the reason behind the refusal of the donation as I don't see it revealed.

However, it is clear that Gehazi had money as an idol that he would lie and deceive to get it. Gehazi symbolizes the unfaithful servant whereas Naaman symbolizes the unbelievers striked with lepersy[a slow death (=Mortality) that the skins decays and become petrude(=corrupt & unclean)]. The unbeliever (Naaman) accept to worship the Lord and gets cleans(=healing), whereas the unfaithful servants receives the fate of the unbeliever and ends up with the lepersy(condition of the unbeliever).

The end of this story reminds me of the parable of the unfaithful servant that will get cut off and have their reward with the unbelievers(lk 12:46) and the parable of the King's Son wedding Feast where there's a major change in the guests list.

So what will become of us today if we think the kingdom of God is made up of silver and gold and falsely try to get others to believe that way to?

The story of the healing of Naaman is not about the building of the Kingdom of God. It's about healing and a gift that was not accepted by the prophet. And the unfaithful servant becoming a leper after deceiving everyone.

You need to choose Biblical texts or stories that is relevant to make a valid point.

Blessings
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #175842
08/03/15 01:55 PM
08/03/15 01:55 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Elle
The story of the healing of Naaman is not about the building of the Kingdom of God.
Actually I was talking about Gehazi. Gehazi's greed of Silver. Not Naaman's healing.

Nope! Would you be able to recognize them? It's harder than understanding the spiritual meaning of the Feasts by learning the symbolic language of the Lord.

Quote:

You need to choose Biblical texts or stories that is relevant to make a valid point.
Actually I did.

I think what you are saying is this:

Nope!
Not anyone. Just Elle.

Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: kland] #175961
08/10/15 02:06 PM
08/10/15 02:06 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
The story of the healing of Naaman is not about the building of the Kingdom of God.
Actually I was talking about Gehazi. Gehazi's greed of Silver. Not Naaman's healing.

The main story is about Naaman's healing not Gehazi's greed. Gehazi received Naaman's leperdsy due to his unfaithfulness manifested in greed. Elisha was the faithful servant deprived of any corruptness including greed.

This story does not address money or material things with the building of the kingdom of God as it does in the story of the Israelites in the desert, Solomon, Ezra, Nehemia, and Ezekiel all addressing the building of the temple and/or the city of Jerusalem. All needed funds and material things. There's no mentioned of the people being greedy just because they had and brought funds and material things to build the temple. That's ridiculous kland.

The unfaithful servant with greed or other corruptness traits is found all over the Bible. It is the trait of Adam, Cain, Abram, Jacob, Old Israel, King Saul, the early Church, the RCC, and still lingers in abundantly in all Churches today. However, the Lord promised us that He will put His laws in our hearts and finish the work He started. But 'till HIs work is finish, well we will see some corruptness still remaining in us.

Quote:

kland:I think you made that up.

Elle: Nope! Would you be able to recognize them? It's harder than understanding the spiritual meaning of the Feasts by learning the symbolic language of the Lord.

Kland : Actually I did.

I don't recall seeing any of them yet. Please show them to me.

Blessings
Page 40 of 119 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 118 119

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!