HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Dr. Ben Carson, why is he running for President. [Re: Rick H] #176681
09/06/15 04:23 PM
09/06/15 04:23 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
From Sermon #6, 1895 - The Three Angel's Message
by AT Jones

If I were taken captive, as Daniel was, and was appointed by the king, as some of Daniel's people were, to brickmaking or building the walls of Babylon round about, I suppose I should work in the brickyard. Then, if the king should take me out of there and send me to school, as he did Daniel and some of his brethren, I think it is altogether likely I should go on in school and study to the best of my ability. And after I had done that, if he should take me out and put me in his palace as a doorkeeper, I should perform the office of doorkeeper; if he should finally even bring me into his court to stand before the king, as the record is of Daniel and his three brethren, I should stand before the king. And if I should be honest and faithful enough and God should give me wisdom to interpret deep things to the king, as God gave to Daniel, and the king should appreciate God's blessing in that enough to honor God for it and should at last put a chain of gold around my neck and put me in position next to the king, I should stand there.
{February 11, 1895 ATJ, GCB 98.6}

But I am satisfied that until that time does come and such circumstances as that do arise, I would not be justified in running for political or any other kind of office, nor in taking any political steps to get somebody else elected, nor in taking any part in city government or State government nor in national government nor in politics of any kind. Jesus Christ did not, and he says, ye "are not of the world, even as I am not of the world." "As My Father sent me, even so send I you," and "as He is, so are we in this world."
{February 11, 1895 ATJ, GCB 98.7}

Joseph was sold by his brethren, was bought and made a slave, was carried into Egypt as a slave, sold there as a slave and served as a slave. His integrity to God and faithfulness to His law got him into prison and there he remained quite a while. His faithfulness there, his quiet demeanor, and the atmosphere of the Spirit of God that was with him gave him favor in the sight of the jailer, who put him in charge of the doors and the other prisoners round about--what now would be called a "trusty" in the penitentiary. And God was with him still. The time came when God would prepare for the salvation of Israel--that is, Jacob and his family and all Israel to come--and He gave to Pharaoh remarkable dreams, as He did to Nebuchadnezzar in the days of Daniel. The king sent for Joseph, and he interpreted the dream for Pharaoh. Pharaoh wanted somebody to take charge of the matters that had to be arranged to prepare Egypt against the famine that was to come. Said Pharaoh, "Who knows as much about this as the man who knows all about it?" Therefore, the one that knows about this, the one that has explained it and told us what is going to come is the one to take charge of it and carry it out. I put everything in Egypt into his hands, only in the throne will I be above him. Everything in all Egypt Pharaoh gave to Joseph's care.
{February 11, 1895 ATJ, GCB 98.8}

And if you ever get into such a position as that through such experiences as that, I do not think that even I would raise any objection to your performing the duties of the place to which you are thus called.
{February 11, 1895 ATJ, GCB 99.1}

But I do deny that these experiences, as my Bible gives them, have any bearing whatever upon the course of Seventh-day Adventists now anywhere on the earth, who are out of jail, free to choose where they will go and what they will do.
{February 11, 1895 ATJ, GCB 99.2}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Dr. Ben Carson, why is he running for President. [Re: APL] #176682
09/06/15 04:35 PM
09/06/15 04:35 PM
ProdigalOne  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Thank-you for the excellent quotes,
Brother Jones had some remarkable insights.

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Dr. Ben Carson, why is he running for President. [Re: ProdigalOne] #177125
09/26/15 12:46 PM
09/26/15 12:46 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
Thank-you for the excellent quotes,
Brother Jones had some remarkable insights.

It is true that Alonzo T. Jones was a deeply spiritual man at one point. But, in the end he did apostatize. At a competing in 1904 Sister White talks about AT Jones doing the work of a man in his repentance toward people present. Then, in 1908 Sister White says we should cut AT Jones loose.

We must hold on to Jesus and His truth! We must die to self to be saved.

Last edited by Alchemy; 09/26/15 12:47 PM.
Re: Dr. Ben Carson, why is he running for President. [Re: Rick H] #177135
09/26/15 09:02 PM
09/26/15 09:02 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Quite true, I have read of his sad history, and of Sister White's prayerful efforts on his behalf. It should be a warning to all that it is always possible to be deceived, no matter how spiritual we may consider ourselves to be.

APL's quotes appear to be from 1895. I don't recall, had Mr. Jones fallen away at this time?

Re: Dr. Ben Carson, why is he running for President. [Re: ProdigalOne] #177194
10/02/15 04:06 AM
10/02/15 04:06 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne

Quite true, I have read of his sad history, and of Sister White's prayerful efforts on his behalf. It should be a warning to all that it is always possible to be deceived, no matter how spiritual we may consider ourselves to be.

APL's quotes appear to be from 1895. I don't recall, had Mr. Jones fallen away at this time?

I'm not sure myself, but, if what we read is Biblical, then it is safe.

Re: Dr. Ben Carson, why is he running for President. [Re: Rick H] #177196
10/02/15 08:22 AM
10/02/15 08:22 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Very true.

Re: Dr. Ben Carson, why is he running for President. [Re: Rick H] #177202
10/02/15 12:51 PM
10/02/15 12:51 PM
D
daylily  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

USA
I think it was later that 1895. It was around 1903 when The Living Temple crisis was going on and he voted in favor of publishing the book. The publishing committee voted it down at that time.

I think as late as 1906, Ellen White was telling him he was putting truth in his books but he was not living it. I'm sure his fall was a progression over time. I'm not 100% sure about these dates but I think they're pretty accurate.

I believe the early 1895s would be ok and probably a little later too.

Re: Dr. Ben Carson, why is he running for President. [Re: APL] #177209
10/03/15 02:53 AM
10/03/15 02:53 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: APL
But I am satisfied that until that time does come and such circumstances as that do arise, I would not be justified in running for political or any other kind of office, nor in taking any political steps to get somebody else elected, nor in taking any part in city government or State government nor in national government nor in politics of any kind. Jesus Christ did not, and he says, ye "are not of the world, even as I am not of the world." "As My Father sent me, even so send I you," and "as He is, so are we in this world." {February 11, 1895 ATJ, GCB 98.7}

Government in Christ's day was completely different to our North American system. Back then, Rome APPOINTED a governor over its client state. And those who wanted to rule, sat at Caesar's table, or knew someone who sat there. No one ran for office. Even after Christ ascended, those who sang on behalf of the saints rejoiced saying, "Thou ... hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation and hast made us unto our God kings and priests: AND WE SHALL REIGN ON THE EARTH." (Rev. 5:9-10)

Back then, and afterwards, Christian Kings and faithful Bishops were God-given. Today, Christian Heads of State and faithful Pastors ought to be a desirable thing. It becomes imperative therefore in our modern generation and in due accordance with our modern system of government that we should SURELY vote according to our good conscience for candidates who reflect our values. And should there be any among us called by God to serve, then let not those who speak on Christ's behalf throw a wet blanket over him ... or her. Solomon would never have been king if his mother had not spoken up for him, and had David lingered in judgment. THEY ACTED. AND NOW THE TORCH IS IN YOUR HAND.

///

Re: Dr. Ben Carson, why is he running for President. [Re: daylily] #177245
10/05/15 01:49 AM
10/05/15 01:49 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: daylily
I think it was later that 1895. It was around 1903 when The Living Temple crisis was going on and he voted in favor of publishing the book. The publishing committee voted it down at that time.

I think as late as 1906, Ellen White was telling him he was putting truth in his books but he was not living it. I'm sure his fall was a progression over time. I'm not 100% sure about these dates but I think they're pretty accurate.

And you may be right daylily. I used to be fairly active in Religious Liberty issues back around 2008 - 2010. And I attended one of their banquets in Washington D.C. in the summer of 2009. And the award given at the banquet was called the A.T. Jones award.

But, my concern mostly centers over certain people who feel sorry for A.T. Jones and even hold to the position that Ellen White's statements concerning Brother Jones disfellowship were fraudulent. That we can't believe these statements as truly coming from Sister White. They claim that after her death in 1915 these statements were devised and added to her writings.

So, I am just keeping my eyes and ears open just in case.

Re: Dr. Ben Carson, why is he running for President. [Re: daylily] #177246
10/05/15 02:00 AM
10/05/15 02:00 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: daylily

Blessings everyone,

I would say this much, that I do agree with the statements as quoted from the writings of A.T. Jones on holding public office.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!