HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Adventism brought front and center.... [Re: Elle] #179831
03/15/16 11:40 PM
03/15/16 11:40 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Elle
Here's a very good & nice turn of events for both Ben Carson and Trump. Donald said he likes Ben's views on Health Care and Education. He adds that Ben Carson will be very much involves in those areas for the country.

Ben speaks very nicely in the live Press conference. I think this is a very nice touch the Lord has put into this by bringing these two men together. And who knows, maybe the Lord will bring Adventism health & education gift "front and center".

Ben Carson Endorses The Donald Press Conference - Live Feed

Quote:
Opposites attract? Softly-spoken Dr. Ben Carson is reportedly set to endorse The Donald this morning but Trump's press conference will, we are sure, have more to offer than just that...

As The Hill reports, Trump confirmed the endorsement on Thursday night’s GOP debate, saying Carson "will be very much involved” in advising him on education, calling it Carson’s “expertise.”

The retired neurosurgeon is expected to accompany Trump on the campaign trail as the real estate mogul attempts to cement his lead in Florida ahead of next week’s pivotal primary in the Sunshine State.

I'm sorry Elle. I didn't notice this post of yours.

But, I must disagree with your assessment.

Last edited by Alchemy; 03/15/16 11:43 PM.
Re: Adventism brought front and center.... [Re: Rick H] #179870
03/17/16 10:25 PM
03/17/16 10:25 PM
ProdigalOne  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Adventism brought front and center.... [Re: Rick H] #179871
03/17/16 10:30 PM
03/17/16 10:30 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Trump is no friend of religious liberty. So far, his speeches have indicated a bully who advocates violence against opponents and a willingness to dismantle the Constitution in order to silence his critics in the press!

He has made promises of political power to a number of religious audiences. Jerry Falwell Jr., the son of Moral Majority founder Jerry Falwell Sr., compared Trump to Jesus Christ, Martin Luther King Jr. and King David.

I would say that Trump is a prime candidate to bring in a government enforced Sunday law!

Re: Adventism brought front and center.... [Re: Rick H] #179872
03/17/16 10:54 PM
03/17/16 10:54 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Ben Carson's endorsement of Trump is not "a very good & nice turn of events".
Carson is ignoring the council of Sister White that Seventh Day Adventists should not become involved in politics.

It seems that Carson is among those professed Seventh Day Adventists who do not accept the Fundamental Beliefs? Such "believers" should have the grace to find another church and stop bearing false witness by representing themselves to the world as Seventh Day Adventists!

Carson's entanglement in such high level politics is particularly disturbing in light of Sister White's warning that some Seventh Day Adventists will turn on their former brethren and support the Beast power...

Re: Adventism brought front and center.... [Re: ProdigalOne] #179880
03/18/16 04:05 AM
03/18/16 04:05 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
Ben Carson's endorsement of Trump is not "a very good & nice turn of events".
Carson is ignoring the council of Sister White that Seventh Day Adventists should not become involved in politics.

It seems that Carson is among those professed Seventh Day Adventists who do not accept the Fundamental Beliefs? Such "believers" should have the grace to find another church and stop bearing false witness by representing themselves to the world as Seventh Day Adventists!

Carson's entanglement in such high level politics is particularly disturbing in light of Sister White's warning that some Seventh Day Adventists will turn on their former brethren and support the Beast power...

I have long been concerned about Ben Carson's involvement in politics. And that concern is fast growing into disdain. Ben Carson has directly put his support behind Donald Trump and that is actually heretical to me.

We must pray for him.

Re: Adventism brought front and center.... [Re: Rick H] #179908
03/19/16 08:55 AM
03/19/16 08:55 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Amen

Re: Adventism brought front and center.... [Re: Alchemy] #179928
03/21/16 01:27 PM
03/21/16 01:27 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

I have long been concerned about Ben Carson's involvement in politics. And that concern is fast growing into disdain. Ben Carson has directly put his support behind Donald Trump and that is actually heretical to me.

We must pray for him.

Maybe Ben knows Trump more than you!

Maybe Ben knows something you don't know!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-20...e-bed-democrats

If I were American, I would support B.Saunders. I think he would make a better president with more experience. However, if Trump wouldn't be around and some other puppet republican would be in the lead (by which Trump is not an establishment puppet, and that's why Mainstream Media is so on him to demonize everything he says), I really don't think Bernie would make it with his more gentle less aggressive demeanor. I don't think Bernie would win enough vote(despite he would get the lead in votes, but that would never be shown) to override the highly rigged computerized voting counting electoral system. Whereas Trump winnings is such a great majority, that the number is too great to be overriding.

The current phenomena is not about voting for either Trump or Saunders -- it is really to vote against the establishment. Both Saunders and Trump are non-establishment(elites) supported. I think personally that Saunders is a better person for the job; however I don't think he can pull to win the election what Trump can pull.

If Hillary ends up indicted for her past crimes and out of the race; and the election comes between Saunders and Trump -- that would be wonderful. And personally I would prefer Saunders, but Trump would be far better than any other puppets out there. So it wouldn't be a great loss either.

Concerning, Ben Carson -- I don't believe Ben supported Trump as what Alchemy termed something like "for political reasons"(sorry -- it wasn't in those exact words). That's accusing Ben being dishonest. I have respect for Ben and according to Trump verbal witness of their discussion the night before this press release -- after giving his support, Ben only express his views concerning education that he genuinely have a burden for as we know him for from the years he shared this within our churches.

I don't believe that Ben supported Trump while having interior goals as to have a place in his government. This happened because Trump thru their 8 months being together gain trust in Ben. This is the Lord's working behind the scenes -- not Ben nor Trump.

I believe Ben Carson supported Trump because he also saw something in Trump during the past 8 months of debates and at the occasional personal exchange they had and observing him, that won Ben's trust. I think Ben was genuine in his approach to Trump by giving his support. I don't believe it was a political move on his part. Nor do I think that he did it because he expected to be involve in Trumps government in the future.

And if Trump's win -- I still believe it is a nice turn of events that the Lord has put together. Whatever the Lord does -- it all works together for good at the end. We need to trust in His workmanship of the events He brings together.

Blessings
Re: Adventism brought front and center.... [Re: Elle] #179930
03/21/16 02:32 PM
03/21/16 02:32 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

We must pray for him.

Maybe Ben knows Trump more than you!

Maybe Ben knows something you don't know!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-20...e-bed-democrats

If I were American, I would support B.Saunders. I think he would make a better president with more experience. However, if Trump wouldn't be around and some other puppet republican would be in the lead (by which Trump is not an establishment puppet, and that's why Mainstream Media is so on him to demonize everything he says), I really don't think Bernie would make it with his more gentle less aggressive demeanor. I don't think Bernie would win enough vote(despite he would get the lead in votes, but that would never be shown) to override the highly rigged computerized voting counting electoral system. Whereas Trump winnings is such a great majority, that the number is too great to be overriding.

The current phenomena is not about voting for either Trump or Saunders -- it is really to vote against the establishment. Both Saunders and Trump are non-establishment(elites) supported. I think personally that Saunders is a better person for the job; however I don't think he can pull to win the election what Trump can pull.

If Hillary ends up indicted for her past crimes and out of the race; and the election comes between Saunders and Trump -- that would be wonderful. And personally I would prefer Saunders, but Trump would be far better than any other puppets out there. So it wouldn't be a great loss either.

Concerning, Ben Carson -- I don't believe Ben supported Trump as what Alchemy termed something like "for political reasons"(sorry -- it wasn't in those exact words). That's accusing Ben being dishonest. I have respect for Ben and according to Trump verbal witness of their discussion the night before this press release -- after giving his support, Ben only express his views concerning education that he genuinely have a burden for as we know him for from the years he shared this within our churches.

I don't believe that Ben supported Trump while having interior goals as to have a place in his government. This happened because Trump thru their 8 months being together gain trust in Ben. This is the Lord's working behind the scenes -- not Ben nor Trump.

I believe Ben Carson supported Trump because he also saw something in Trump during the past 8 months of debates and at the occasional personal exchange they had and observing him, that won Ben's trust. I think Ben was genuine in his approach to Trump by giving his support. I don't believe it was a political move on his part. Nor do I think that he did it because he expected to be involve in Trumps government in the future.

And if Trump's win -- I still believe it is a nice turn of events that the Lord has put together. Whatever the Lord does -- it all works together for good at the end. We need to trust in His workmanship of the events He brings together.
(bold emphasis mine)

David had his failings with Bathsheba and the census.
Peter had his failings in denying his Lord and back peddling when the Jews showed in Antioch, I think it was Antioch.

I think Brother Carson has his failing in this regard.to politics.

Brother Carson really needs our prayers.

Re: Adventism brought front and center.... [Re: Rick H] #179935
03/22/16 05:35 AM
03/22/16 05:35 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Elle, I agree with you that Trump and Saunders are both finding support due to their apparent non-establishment status. Whether either is as genuinely independent as they claim, time will tell.

I also agree that Saunders appears to be the better man.

It is certainly obvious to anyone paying close attention that Trump is being singled out as a bully and a bigot despite his main focus being the economy and jobs.

Although, he has many positive planks in his platform, Trump is nevertheless an extremely scary individual. His promise of political power to the religious right goes far belong the typical pre-election pandering. Taken together with his willingness to encourage violent suppression of common citizens who criticize his policies and his publically stated intention to meddle with the First Amendment, Trump is a recipe for religious oppression and outright fascism.

It is interesting to note that Hitler came to power by promising to turn around the German economy while scapegoating an ethnic minority... How does the Santayana quote go? "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

Re: Adventism brought front and center.... [Re: Rick H] #179936
03/22/16 05:52 AM
03/22/16 05:52 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

In regard to Ben Carson, my primary concern is his complete disregard for the council of Sister White in which she states that Seventh Day Adventists should not run for political office.

The opinion of many faithful Seventh Day Adventsts is that those who do not accept the Fundamental Beliefs are not in fact members of the denomination. Carson obviously does not believe that Ellen White is a prophet and is therefor, misrepresenting himself as a Seventh Day Adventist!

As Alchemy said: "Brother Carson really needs our prayers".

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!