HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Rick H] #178049
11/14/15 03:52 PM
11/14/15 03:52 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Rick H
When we who are spiritually discerning, see the work of the Holy Spirit in Gods people or the fruit/truth that comes out from them, we recognize it as God leading and whether it is a prophet, a leader or just a God fearing member, we know the source.

The Bible as Ellen White made clear, is the unshakeable standard by which all truth must be compared, and if does not match up, we must reject it..

Isaiah 8:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

I agree with the above.

Blessings
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: ProdigalOne] #178058
11/14/15 09:04 PM
11/14/15 09:04 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
Elle : I didn't want to start this discussion. ProdigalOne, who is new here and doesn't know me nor my position, had went way off-topic in a discussion and I have answered his numerous posts & comments. Then after a few pages I have ask him kindly to start another discussion if he wanted to go further into this off-topic to understanding my position. He did not but preferred to continue sending me warnings in that discussion..."

ProdigalOne:Elle, I do not regret going off of topic previously. When I see error being presented as truth, I have no choice, but to speak. No matter what forum, or what the purported topic, we are told to-

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine..."2Timothy 4:2,3

You need to be able to show the errors via scriptures. You did very little of that but quickly pass into telling me I was in error, quoting me EGW, putting me on the spot, projecting a futile future without even knowing my biblical basis or doing any studying with me.

Concerning 2Tim 4:2,3, only those who knows the truth according to the law and its testimonies, can correct, exhort, or knows how to rebuke according to the Lord’s ways. Many claim to know the truth, but in actuality they teach doctrines of MEN for the great majority of believers are BLIND and NAKED.

I acknowledge that I am still BLIND in many areas and that’s why I came here to study. I don’t see myself mature enough in understanding truth to rebuke anyone.

In discussion, if the case arise, I will show someone's mis-representation of scriptures when they give a different spin that the plain text says. But I don’t think this is the “rebuke” 2Tim 4:2,3 is talking about. I view noting mis-representation of scriptures to be part of exchanging while studying a topic.

Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
Elle, it is apparent that you have already reached the point where you "will not endure sound doctrine". Still, I must try.

Present sound doctrine with sound Biblical support is the way I think to reach people. I don’t think that condemnation, negative fearful warnings, and a projection of a futile futur is a way of “reproof, rebuke, & exhort” like you just did in this post below :
Please, hear the words of God's Prophet, they were written for you...

If you lose confidence in the Testimonies you will drift away from Bible truth. I have been fearful that many would take a questioning, doubting position, and in my distress for your souls I would warn you. How many will heed the warning? Testimonies for the Church 5:672-680

That’s your repeated ways I’ve seen up ‘till now …. that I think will never help anyone especially those that study scriptures. It may work for a time with those that are ignorant.

Show sound argument with Biblical text to support your points why you think they err while giving them the lawful time to chew on it and letting the Holy Spirit to convict or discard what was said … and at times, with constructive discussion, we find that it was us that our understanding was in lack. I’ve been in that situation many times thru the years. I have learn this way (and many other ways) and got corrected by many who knows how to study by taking EVERY words that proceeded from the mouth of the Lord into account and not just some selected cherry picking ones, that they have blown out of proportion or twisted and mis-represented. That type of persuasive approach doesn’t fly with me anymore.

Blessings
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #178064
11/15/15 12:23 AM
11/15/15 12:23 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Elle, it has finally become clear to me why we are not communicating with each other very well. You see in your profile, you claim to be a Seventh Day Adventist. Therefore, I have been speaking to you as one Seventh Day Adventist to another.

Of course, I'm sure you realize that occasionally attending a Seventh Day Adventist Church does not make you a Seventh Day Adventist, anymore than spending time with Christians would qualify as salvation. It is a matter of matching the definition of a Seventh Day Adventist. In this case one must be in agreement with our Fundamental Beliefs. I know back in the eighties, agreement with the Fundamental Beliefs was a requirement for being a baptized member. To my knowledge, this has not changed.

I have just looked over the 28 Fundamental Beliefs with what I have gathered is your doctrinal system in mind. It is now apparent to me that you are not a Seventh Day Adventist. I do apologize for assuming you were.

In order to avoid future misunderstandings with others, it might be a good idea to change your profile to harmonize with your actual beliefs. Any other course would be bearing false witness, something I am certain you would not wish to do.

In any future discussions, I will endeavor to treat you as a non-Seventh Day Adventist. Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Here are some of the doctrinal differences you appear to have with the Seventh Day Adventist Church:

Fundamental Belief #18 - Gift of Prophesy

Fundamental Belief #20 - Sabbath

Fundamental Belief #27 - Millenium In Heaven

Please forgive me if I have this wrong as I am not certain about your views on salvation. From what I have seen in some of your other discussions, you appear to believe that everyone will eventually be saved? This conflicts with Fundamental Belief #10 - Experience of Salvation.

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #178065
11/15/15 12:33 AM
11/15/15 12:33 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
When dealing with non-Adventists we should not quote EGW as "proof".
We do need to present our beliefs from scripture and if we do that, then a person who later reads EGW is delighted as her words reinforce scripture and they will appreciate her inspired message.

Both scripture and EGW can be misused.
Elle mentioned "cherry picking". Yet I find most people who disagree with Adventist beliefs are ALSO CHERRY PICKING.

Another misuse is spiritualizing.
This I find especially frustrating when no matter how many passages from scripture a person presents to a "spiritualizer" they will spiritualize the truths away.

That is what I see in the "Sabbath" thread.
The claim is made of "looking at the whole law" by which they then manage to spiritualize away the 7th day Sabbath of God's moral law.

The Biblical reasons for my beliefs as an Adventist are STRONG. I've studied them out from scripture.
They are firmly studied out. They are taken from the whole Bible, believing the Old testament leads into the NEW TESTAMENT.

I'm sorry Elle, but much of your applications of scripture do not match what I have studied in Scripture.
You can call us Adventists immature spiritual and ignorant, and present your ideas as the illuminated ones -- but that won't change my mind.

Your end time hope in a restructured economy will end in terrible disappointment.
All the gold, silver and other earthly securities will let you down. " their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD" (Eze. 7:19)

Zephaniah 1:14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
1:17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Christ's kingdom is not of this world. (John 18:36)
Any kingdom that humanity hopes to establish on this present world is a counterfeit and will end in destruction.

I realize that Adventists are totally out of step with most of the other religions of the world that are prophesying some type of glorious leap (following a tribulation) into a new age of peace for this old world, but they are all false prophets like the false prophets in Jeremiah's day; but like the true prophet Jeremiah's message of old -- the Adventist message is that God will destroy everything on this earth, it will be left desolate.

Quote:

God's redeemed
1 Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

The Lost:
Rev. 9:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19:21 And the rest were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.
20:5 And the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #178160
11/17/15 02:58 AM
11/17/15 02:58 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle
shouldn't we as a Church take up our Christian duty in canonizing all of EGW's writings?

The denomination has already done that. You can see it here.

By the way, canonization is inherently, a human exercise. Mormons have canonized the works of Joseph Smith, yet SDA do not consider him a prophet; neither do Mormons consider Ellen White one. And both are adamant that theirs is THE prophet.

God has a better way. Jesus said, "By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one for another." In fact, all those who rise up in our age and shout, "I was shown, I was shown ..." ought to be ashamed of themselves. (Zech. 13:4, cf. Luke 16:16 & Rev. 22:18)

///

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: ProdigalOne] #178177
11/17/15 01:28 PM
11/17/15 01:28 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
1. If you enforced the 28FB to define what constitute a SDA member, you will probably would have to ex-communicate 50% of the attending members or 90%+ of members on the registry.

2. Have you ever been in a business meeting in your Church to review its members registry to do a clean up? I have. In our little Church we have on average less than 15 attending members. In our registry, we have about 100 or more. Our Church doesn't want to remove anyone from its registry unless they are dead. You have to request to be removed, to be taken out. Thus, this shows the Church doesn't want to remove anyone including me.

I don't view this as a bad thing either and I'm in agreement with the Church stand right now about its registry. However, you seem to disagree with the Church stand. Maybe you and MM should do something about it and bring that up to the conference level to change things instead of persecuting the members. So you are not currently in step with the Church whereas I am on that issue.

3. As for myself, I agree that my believes has changed during the last 7 years of my 29 years of being in the Church. I attend no other Church but the SDA Church. I have considered leaving (because of my beliefs changes) and have prayed about it as I want to do what the Lord wants me to do and not what I think I should do. He haven't told me to leave the Church. Actually the last 2 years it became clear to me that He wants me to stay. So I need to obey Him.

However if the Church wants to ex-communicate me then they can do that and I will submit to their requirement and take it that this comes from the Lord(Rom 13).

By the way Elle, while we are on the topic of "misrepresenting" and "false witness". I'm wondering when you are going to change your profile to match your actual beliefs?

On your profile page, you claim to be a Seventh Day Adventist.
This is clearly not true!

The following is part of a comment I posted on your "Should We Quote EGW?" thread.

You did not reply to me there, perhaps you will do so here?

"Of course, I'm sure you realize that occasionally attending a Seventh Day Adventist Church does not make you a Seventh Day Adventist, anymore than spending time with Christians would qualify as salvation. It is a matter of matching the definition of a Seventh Day Adventist. In this case one must be in agreement with our Fundamental Beliefs. I know back in the eighties, agreement with the Fundamental Beliefs was a requirement for being a baptized member. To my knowledge, this has not changed.

I have just looked over the 28 Fundamental Beliefs with what I have gathered is your doctrinal system in mind. It is now apparent to me that you are not a Seventh Day Adventist. I do apologize for assuming you were.

Here are some of the doctrinal differences you appear to have with the Seventh Day Adventist Church:

Fundamental Belief #18 - Gift of Prophesy

Fundamental Belief #20 - Sabbath

Fundamental Belief #27 - Millenium In Heaven

Please forgive me if I have this wrong as I am not certain about your views on salvation. From what I have seen in some of your other discussions, you appear to believe that everyone will eventually be saved? This conflicts with Fundamental Belief #10 - Experience of Salvation."

I do hope that you decide to rectify your profile's false claim of being a Seventh Day Adventist, Elle. After all, misrepresenting one's faith is one of the worst forms of false witness.

Blessings
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #178180
11/17/15 02:09 PM
11/17/15 02:09 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
I had written this in another post as well, But, I thought it would fit here as well. It is a Biblical example of the principle espoused in Deuteronomy 18:22.

Lately, it seems to have come in vogue to proclaim that God's prophets aren't infallible. Even though this is true, most people really don't realize what this means.

Stephen Bohr used this argument to disagree with Ellen White and show what he thought was true contrary to the writings of Ellen White. But, he handled it all wrong.

We must remember what the Bible says in Deuteronomy 18:22. Let me say this right up front; The evangelical view of this verse is a cult teaching. Their view literally attacks God's plan of salvation and leads those who follow this view to destruction.

The Bible gives us an example of how this principle works in Deuteronomy 18:22 works. We see this in the life of Abraham and Sarah. Remember, God made a promise to Abraham that Abraham's descendants would be like the sand of the sea. The Messiah was to come as his descendent to save mankind from their sins.

But, Sarah grew too old to bare children and Abraham and Sarah didn't know what to do! Instead of asking God for help and insight. Instead of trusting in God to resolve the situation they were in. Abraham and Sarah took matters into their own hands.

First point to bring out is this; God and God alone is responsible to bring about the prophecies He gives. Mankind is not responsible to bring about the fulfillment of God's prophecies. If we have to fulfill God's prophecies, that has a terrible bearing on God's claim as God.

Back to Abraham and Sarah. They got together and decided that for Abraham to have a seed, he would have to have a child that Sarah couldn't give. So, they decided that Abraham would have a child through Hagar. And Hagar did bare Abraham a son whom was named Ishmael.

Remember, the plan of salvation required the Messiah being born and being the "seed" and not "seeds" of Abraham.

For at least 12 years Abraham taught that Ishmael was the child of Promise! Now, I am speaking for myself when I say that I believe this prophecy to be more important then any other prophecy in Scripture except the First and Second Comings of Christ! And Abraham got it WRONG!!

According to the evangelical view of Deut. 18:22, Abraham can not be a prophet of God and Abraham's seed can't be promised from God!

They don't have any idea what they are talking about.

In Genesis 17, God talks to Abraham and straightens everything out! The reason God explained and straightened everything out was because this prophecy truly came from God! And God wanted Abraham to know that in about a year Sarah was going to bare him a son and his name was to be Isaac. Isaac, born through a miracle of God, was the child God intended to carry the promise He made to Abraham. Halleluyah!

Second point to bring out; If God's prophet doesn't understand properly the message God gave him. It is God's responsibility to straighten it out! God must make known what the error is and fix whatever needs to be fixed. And God does that in Genesis 17.

Now, it was a little different with Daniel because his prophecies were for a time long after the death of the prophet. But, God made sure there was more than enough information to make sure we could understand the Book of Daniel in our day, the time of the end.

Pastor Stephen Bohr never demonstrated where God clarified an error by Ellen White. That must come from God! That must be available or we should not accept a teaching contrary to what the Prophet of God said!

I hope I was clear.

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Alchemy] #178182
11/17/15 03:15 PM
11/17/15 03:15 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
According to the evangelical view of Deut. 18:22, Abraham can not be a prophet of God and Abraham's seed can't be promised from God! They don't have any idea what they are talking about ... I hope I was clear.

Maybe you spoke with a member and had not done any ecclesiastical research into the matter. The Baker's Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology has this to say about "prophet, prophetess and prophecy":

Quote:
Psalm 105:14-15, in referring to the patriarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, urged, "do my prophets no harm." Many others could be included in this list of those who exercised this gift prior to the days of Samuel, including Moses, Aaron, Miriam ( Exod 15:20 ), Eldad, Medad, the seventy elders ( Num 11:24-29 ), Balaam (Num. 21-24), Deborah ( Judges 4:4 ), and Minoah and his wife ( Judges 13:3 Judges 13:10 Judges 13:21 ).

///

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #178183
11/17/15 03:18 PM
11/17/15 03:18 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle
1. If you enforced the 28FB to define what constitute a SDA member, you will probably would have to ex-communicate 50% of the attending members or 90%+ of members on the registry.

SDA are shaping themselves more and more into the image of the RCC.

///

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Alchemy] #178185
11/17/15 04:07 PM
11/17/15 04:07 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
That was very very good presentation and points Alchemy. I agree with most of what you said below.

Where I disagree or would add ....

1. it is not true the Lord will correct a prophet's mis-understanding or even give the interpretation of the word given. Most prophets had no clue what the Lord was saying, but a prophet is not ask to interpret or understand, but only deliver the word without adding (your interpretation to it) or leaving out any details (the things that often makes no sense to us) spoken by the Lord. A Prophet is require to only speak what the words the Lord said -- without adding nor omitting any part.

2. Jesus said about John the Baptist to be the greatest prophet, and yet we know John never predicted anything futur. His quality was to ony speak what the Lord has said -- that's what made him a great prophets in the Lord's eyes.

3. Since most prophecys spoken [in "dark speeches" that most didn't understand including the prophets himself] by the prophets in the Bible didn't come to pass in their lifetime, this is why the Israelites had the notorious tendency to stone literally the prophets by applying of Deut 18 and Deut 13. This is typical behavior of the "natural man" (=soulish or carnal man see 1Cor 2:14).

4. if you read Deut 13, we see that the prophet(noticed the Bible does not call any prophet a false prophet iin the OT), sent by the Lord who gave them the vision and dreams that these even came to pass ... this law shows us that we shouldn't follow them if what they say is to follow other gods and not the Lord...that we should "stone them". To me this law teaches us that it is our duty to test whatever it is spoken to us, even if that prophets comes with sign and wonder that come to pass"(Deut 13:2).

5.Even this law(Deut 13) implies that the Lord will send prophets for the purpose to test us whether or not we are going to test what they say and go away from the Lord's previous teachings.

6. There's tremendous benefits in testing whatever someone(prophet, brother, sister, etc) else tells us. I think that's why the Lord send them at the first place for He wants us to be in the habit to test whatever is said against His laws and never take anything without testing. The Bereans were praised for testing everything Paul said. This way the Lord can teach us further His laws. So to me the Lords sends us prophets or individuals in our lives for the purpose to study part of His law He thinks we lack understanding in.

7. The person to stone or to put to death, is the voice of our "natural man" inside of us who doesn't understand spiritual things and will never either understand (1Cor 2:14) that tells us to follow other gods. That “old man” opinions or interpretation must be put to death daily. Only the “new created man” begotten by the Spirit, can understand spiritual things via the teachings of the Holy Spirit.

Originally Posted By: Alchemy
I had written this in another post as well, But, I thought it would fit here as well. It is a Biblical example of the principle espoused in Deuteronomy 18:22.

Lately, it seems to have come in vogue to proclaim that God's prophets aren't infallible. Even though this is true, most people really don't realize what this means.

Stephen Bohr used this argument to disagree with Ellen White and show what he thought was true contrary to the writings of Ellen White. But, he handled it all wrong.

We must remember what the Bible says in Deuteronomy 18:22. Let me say this right up front; The evangelical view of this verse is a cult teaching. Their view literally attacks God's plan of salvation and leads those who follow this view to destruction.

The Bible gives us an example of how this principle works in Deuteronomy 18:22 works. We see this in the life of Abraham and Sarah. Remember, God made a promise to Abraham that Abraham's descendants would be like the sand of the sea. The Messiah was to come as his descendent to save mankind from their sins.

But, Sarah grew too old to bare children and Abraham and Sarah didn't know what to do! Instead of asking God for help and insight. Instead of trusting in God to resolve the situation they were in. Abraham and Sarah took matters into their own hands.

First point to bring out is this; God and God alone is responsible to bring about the prophecies He gives. Mankind is not responsible to bring about the fulfillment of God's prophecies. If we have to fulfill God's prophecies, that has a terrible bearing on God's claim as God.

Back to Abraham and Sarah. They got together and decided that for Abraham to have a seed, he would have to have a child that Sarah couldn't give. So, they decided that Abraham would have a child through Hagar. And Hagar did bare Abraham a son whom was named Ishmael.

Remember, the plan of salvation required the Messiah being born and being the "seed" and not "seeds" of Abraham.

For at least 12 years Abraham taught that Ishmael was the child of Promise! Now, I am speaking for myself when I say that I believe this prophecy to be more important then any other prophecy in Scripture except the First and Second Comings of Christ! And Abraham got it WRONG!!

According to the evangelical view of Deut. 18:22, Abraham can not be a prophet of God and Abraham's seed can't be promised from God!

They don't have any idea what they are talking about.

In Genesis 17, God talks to Abraham and straightens everything out! The reason God explained and straightened everything out was because this prophecy truly came from God! And God wanted Abraham to know that in about a year Sarah was going to bare him a son and his name was to be Isaac. Isaac, born through a miracle of God, was the child God intended to carry the promise He made to Abraham. Halleluyah!

Second point to bring out; If God's prophet doesn't understand properly the message God gave him. It is God's responsibility to straighten it out! God must make known what the error is and fix whatever needs to be fixed. And God does that in Genesis 17.

Now, it was a little different with Daniel because his prophecies were for a time long after the death of the prophet. But, God made sure there was more than enough information to make sure we could understand the Book of Daniel in our day, the time of the end.

Pastor Stephen Bohr never demonstrated where God clarified an error by Ellen White. That must come from God! That must be available or we should not accept a teaching contrary to what the Prophet of God said!

I hope I was clear.

Blessings
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!