HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: kland] #178222
11/18/15 08:49 AM
11/18/15 08:49 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
Originally Posted By: Elle
Quote:
Elle :"Offering substitute sacrifices for our sins is a Pagan ritual and is not part of God’s way of justice."

ProdigalOne : Are you saying the Old Testament sacrificial system instituted by God was "a Pagan ritual"?
Jesus, the Lamb of God, offered Himself in our place. He took our punishment, paid our debt. Was His "substitute sacrifice" "a Pagan ritual"???

From my own studies(and this doesn’t come from Stephen at all as he never address this), this “substitution” notion stem from mis-understanding Isaiah 53:5 and from not understanding the meaning of the law of redemption or the sacrifices.

I made it very clear it my explanation my view why(read it again) and I never said nor even closely implied that Jesus sacrifice was pagan.

ProdigalOne, this is the third time(even 4th or more as I let many of them pass by) I catch you misrepresenting what I said (false witness). Be careful OK.

Again if you want to dig more into it, it would require to open another discussion because this type of study will require to go all over the Bible.

Elle, I have never intentionally misrepresented what you said! Your accusations are unfounded. I will admit that sometimes it is difficult to understand exactly what you are saying. Our exchange on your "A New Global Economics Restructure" thread is a prime example.

If you will carefully read my previous post, you will see that I was asking for clarification of your view:

"ARE YOU SAYING the Old Testament sacrificial system instituted by God was "a Pagan ritual"?"

By chance have you ever read the following?
http://nukeprofessional.blogspot.com/201...h.aSVr9kaM.dpuf

The principles do seem to apply to the current situation. Only way I can make sense out of it.

Especially when she accuses you of going off topic when she totally side railed your topic claiming it was necessary for understanding. Yet without addressing and clarifying all the side topics she brings up.

Excellent link, kland!

I must confess, I have long suspected such paid shills were stalking the Internet, but this is the first evidence, albeit anecdotal evidence, that I have seen.

I have come across several trolls on this site, now I am thinking some of them may be professionals. I am also beginning to wonder about our "sister" Elle...

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: Elle] #178224
11/18/15 09:25 AM
11/18/15 09:25 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
You are an intelligent man who have shown much capacity of comprehension in a discussion. I don't believe one bit that it is a case of mis-comprehension of what I've said.

I had supply a lenghty explanation with scriptures why I don't view Christ sacrifice as a "substitution" but rather a "covering" aka a "redemption of the debt note". There's a big difference between these two systems and its legal implication. I understand that "substitution sacrifice" is a widespread concept in Christiandom, however it doesn't mean that it is Biblical as many other concepts aren't.

Also you are very eloquent in your writings skills. I see no lack there either.

-- Thus you could of formulated your question more accuratly reflecting what I have said without shedding any false light. You could of counter my points and scriptures I gave. You could of brought other texts to show why you believe Jesus sacrifice was a "substitution". This would of shown your good intentions.

But no -- none of that was shown but instead you have said what you have said that was a mis-representation and twisting of what I have said -- for a very specific goal.

Sorry but it doesn't fly at all.

Quote:
Elle :"Offering substitute sacrifices for our sins is a Pagan ritual and is not part of God’s way of justice."

ProdigalOne : Are you saying the Old Testament sacrificial system instituted by God was "a Pagan ritual"?
Jesus, the Lamb of God, offered Himself in our place. He took our punishment, paid our debt. Was His "substitute sacrifice" "a Pagan ritual"???

From my own studies(and this doesn’t come from Stephen at all as he never address this), this “substitution” notion stem from mis-understanding Isaiah 53:5 and from not understanding the meaning of the law of redemption or the sacrifices.

I made it very clear it my explanation my view why(read it again) and I never said nor even closely implied that Jesus sacrifice was pagan.

ProdigalOne, this is the third time(even 4th or more as I let many of them pass by) I catch you misrepresenting what I said (false witness). Be careful OK.

Again if you want to dig more into it, it would require to open another discussion because this type of study will require to go all over the Bible.

Elle, I have never intentionally misrepresented what you said! Your accusations are unfounded. I will admit that sometimes it is difficult to understand exactly what you are saying. Our exchange on your "A New Global Economics Restructure" thread is a prime example.

If you will carefully read my previous post, you will see that I was asking for clarification of your view:

"ARE YOU SAYING the Old Testament sacrificial system instituted by God was "a Pagan ritual"?"

So Elle, you know precisely why I "formulate" my questions as I do?

Wow! On top of your "special" biblical insight, you are also a mind reader! Amazing!
It must be wonderful to have the ability to know what someone else is thinking when they write a response to one of your posts! You are to be congratulated for such unique gifts!

As for your claim that "Christ's sacrifice (is not) a "substitution" but rather a "covering" aka a "redemption of the debt note". It sounds like semantic juggling, in order to introduce more of your prosperity gospel terminology, to me.

When Jesus paid my debt, He took my place as the debtor! He was NOT some sort of banker drawing a line through a number. He humbled Himself and BECAME the object of God's wrath!

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that hangeth on a tree"! Galations 3:13

Jesus did not write some sort of cheque to cover my debt! He took my place! He suffered the punishment that was mine! He died the second death IN MY PLACE! "By His stripes we are healed!"

He did not merely pay for the sin of Adam, He became the Second Adam!

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: ProdigalOne] #178225
11/18/15 09:48 AM
11/18/15 09:48 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Elle, as the Original Poster, I request that you get back on topic.

As kland stated: "How was the Sabbath changed to Sunday?"

Since we are talking about literally keeping Sabbath or literally keeping Sunday, let's not muddy the water with anymore "spiritual" Old Testament Laws.
We are talking about LITERAL Sabbath keeping versus LITERAL Sunday keeping.

No more endless Old Testament meandering and head-scratching logic, get to the point, if you have one. Please, present some cogent evidence or admit that your view is unbiblical!

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: ProdigalOne] #178226
11/18/15 09:50 AM
11/18/15 09:50 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Sometimes I have to wonder if some of these differences have more to do with semantics. So, if my post in redundant, I apologize.

But, I heard a Pastor speaking recently on keeping the law and he made a very insightful analogy.

He talked about law and principle. And he used the example of speed limits. And he asked what is the purpose of speed limits. And the accepted answer for why there are speed limits was "Safety"!

Consequently, he said that if you live by the law, or legalistic, as long as you sense a chance of getting caught you obey the speed limit. But, as soon as you sense there isn't much threat of getting caught, you speed like a bandit.

But, if you live by principle, because of your care for other people and animals and such, even if you know there aren't any police around, you won't speed. You care too much about yourself and others and animals to risk a few moments of recklessness.

I must say, I agree with this assessment.

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: ProdigalOne] #178250
11/18/15 10:59 PM
11/18/15 10:59 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Excellent link, kland!

I must confess, I have long suspected such paid shills were stalking the Internet, but this is the first evidence, albeit anecdotal evidence, that I have seen.

Yes, that instance could very well be a made up thing. But the first I had ever seen it presented, and there's no reason to believe such things cannot and are not happening. Of the present instance, the last few posts just struck me as the direct following of a template script.

Elle, as the Original Poster, I request that you get back on topic.

As kland stated: "How was the Sabbath changed to Sunday?"

I'm just speculating here, but perhaps the reaction was to strong with the previous thread and by the initiation of this thread, I doubt she will bring up or address the topic for a long time. Hence, these side trips. The thinking, the goal was approached to fast.

Re: Sabbath Law According To Stephen Jones [Re: ProdigalOne] #178342
11/21/15 12:07 PM
11/21/15 12:07 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Yes, I too have noticed a tendency to divert intense lines of debate into new threads. I just finished reading the "are the Feast Days and Sabbaths still Binding?" thread. I lost count of how many times this strategy was employed!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!