HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,127 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: James Peterson] #178365
11/22/15 08:29 AM
11/22/15 08:29 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

1. Seven hills identifies the beast, geographically.
2. Seven kings (seven individual men, ruling consecutively) identifies the beast, politically.

///

Scripture does not say seven hills, it says seven MOUNTAINS.
oros #3735

The word for "hill" is bounos #1015

Kingdoms are called "mountains" in scripture
Israel is said to be the "Lord's mountain" Jeremiah 17:3l Joel 2:1
Babylon is called a "destroying mountain" Jeremiah 51:25
Edom is called the "mount of Esau" Obadiah 1:8-9
God's kingdom is called a "holy mountain" Isaiah 11:9; 65:29

So the seven heads or mountains could be a succession of seven kingdoms.
Or they could be a succession of seven distinct types of government of one power (Rome)

I don't think the heads are individual kings or individual popes.

The eighth is the beast itself.
This beast rose out of the bottomless pit (see also Rev. 11:7) this denotes a satanic power, and since the eighth is not another head but the beast itself, I believe it is Satan.

I also believe Satan and his angels will manifest themselves in very deceptive ways BEFORE probation closes. He does it to keep as many people as possible from believing truth and being saved, it would be rather pointless after probation closes, for by then everyone will already have made their final choice.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #178369
11/22/15 11:50 AM
11/22/15 11:50 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

2. Seven kings (seven individual men, ruling consecutively) identifies the beast, politically.

///

Scripture does not say seven hills, it says seven MOUNTAINS.
oros #3735

The word for "hill" is bounos #1015

Kingdoms are called "mountains" in scripture
Israel is said to be the "Lord's mountain" Jeremiah 17:3l Joel 2:1
Babylon is called a "destroying mountain" Jeremiah 51:25
Edom is called the "mount of Esau" Obadiah 1:8-9
God's kingdom is called a "holy mountain" Isaiah 11:9; 65:29

So the seven heads or mountains could be a succession of seven kingdoms.
Or they could be a succession of seven distinct types of government of one power (Rome)

I don't think the heads are individual kings or individual popes.

The eighth is the beast itself.
This beast rose out of the bottomless pit (see also Rev. 11:7) this denotes a satanic power, and since the eighth is not another head but the beast itself, I believe it is Satan.

I also believe Satan and his angels will manifest themselves in very deceptive ways BEFORE probation closes. He does it to keep as many people as possible from believing truth and being saved, it would be rather pointless after probation closes, for by then everyone will already have made their final choice.

It is NOT for you to interpret the interpretation.

What John saw was a woman sitting on a beast. According to the Spirit of Prophecy, the Woman is "Babylon" and the beast is such that its heads symbolize BOTH where the city is AND its rulers, one of which was ruling in John's day.

As it is written, "This calls for a mind with wisdom.
1. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.
2. They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while. The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction." (Rev. 17:9-11)

You have chosen to say mountains instead of hills. It doesn't matter.

///

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #178370
11/22/15 12:55 PM
11/22/15 12:55 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
James - did you not just interpret the interpretation? Yes, you did!

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Alchemy] #178387
11/22/15 10:06 PM
11/22/15 10:06 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Blessings James,

You wrote; "Right there she calls the pope the HEAD of the universal church and you will all scoff. The pope is the HEAD."

No. She does not call the Pope the Head of all the churches. She says the Pope claims himself to be the head of all the churches. Not the same thing at all.

Well, the seven heads are not the seven forms of government of Rome.

God Bless.

I understand what you are saying, but you misunderstood my intent. The word Catholic means universal. That is why he is HEAD of the universal (Catholic) church. And now that the daughters are following her, he is head of their churches too, even though they don't know that is his claim.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #178394
11/23/15 01:11 AM
11/23/15 01:11 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
It's funny that Mr Peterson is taking words that God gave me and twisting them. (Look at the record here) God showed me that the interpretation is given in Revelation 17:9-11 so it cannot be taken symbolically. So the seven heads ARE seven hills AND seven kings. Then he puts his own spin on it to get me to argue against him.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178417
11/23/15 09:37 PM
11/23/15 09:37 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
It's funny that Mr Peterson is taking words that God gave me and twisting them. (Look at the record here) God showed me that the interpretation is given in Revelation 17:9-11 so it cannot be taken symbolically. So the seven heads ARE seven hills AND seven kings. Then he puts his own spin on it to get me to argue against him.

And the evidence for that is ... ?

///

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #178421
11/24/15 02:38 AM
11/24/15 02:38 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=138644&Searchpage=1&Main=7505&Words=%22the+interpretation+is+given%22&Search=true#Post138644

If you do an advanced word search you will see exactly how many times I have said those exact words here "the interpretation has been given" or "The interpretation is given". Those words were given to me on my first blog about the seven heads of Rev 17 back in 2007 by God while I was writing them, and here you are using those same words and coming to a completely differing conclusion. It made itself known by the Spirit when I read your last post. Please don't argue against this and make it worse for yourself.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #178933
01/06/16 11:23 AM
01/06/16 11:23 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Just for the sake of clarity;

Revelation 17:11; And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. (bold emphasis mine)

We have seen it said that there are not eight, but, only seven. This smacks right in the face of the Bible. The Bible is clear that there are seven heads, but, eight earthly powers. To have a list of only seven or less earthly powers is nonsense! there must be eight for sure.

1) Babylon
2) Medo-Persia
3) Greece
4) Imperial Rome
5) Papal Rome (Little horn in Daniel 7 and beast of Revelation 13:1-10)
6) Lamb-like beast with dragon mouth (USA from 1798 until its NSL)
7) Image of the Beast (Ten horns of Revelation 17 and False Prophet)
8) Babylon (Revelation 16:12 to the end of Revelation 18)

There can't be less than eight. Period.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #178936
01/06/16 11:27 PM
01/06/16 11:27 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I had thought at one point that the beast of Rev 13 that had the mortal wound but revived was the same as 8th entity of Rev 17 that was and is not. But that could be wrong. I think you're saying they are different right? the mortally wounded beast of Rev 13 and the eighth entity of Rev 17?

So I understand you, you're also saying that 1 to 7 are the 7 heads and that the eighth is the whore who rides the beast because she is "Babylon the Great". If that's what you're saying, it seems reasonable.

But how about this: The seven are concurrent religious and/or political entities all in submission to Babylon because she is riding the beast. At the time Babylon first falls under judgement, five are fallen or in submission to the whore. By the time her judgment is finished two more will become her allies.

By the way, I posted earlier the idea that the heads are political but the mountains are religious entities.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Charity] #178937
01/07/16 12:52 AM
01/07/16 12:52 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
I had thought at one point that the beast of Rev 13 that had the mortal wound but revived was the same as 8th entity of Rev 17 that was and is not. But that could be wrong. I think you're saying they are different right? the mortally wounded beast of Rev 13 and the eighth entity of Rev 17?

So I understand you, you're also saying that 1 to 7 are the 7 heads and that the eighth is the whore who rides the beast because she is "Babylon the Great". If that's what you're saying, it seems reasonable.

But how about this: The seven are concurrent religious and/or political entities all in submission to Babylon because she is riding the beast. At the time Babylon first falls under judgement, five are fallen or in submission to the whore. By the time her judgment is finished two more will become her allies.

By the way, I posted earlier the idea that the heads are political but the mountains are religious entities.

With all due respect Mark. Your post doesn't make much sense.

So, let me explain again my beliefs here.

All of these seven heads and eight earthly powers either are representatives of Babylon or are Babylon.

We know from 1 Peter 5:13 that "Babylon" represented Rome in the days of the Apostles. In this case of Peter, we would be talking about Imperial Rome. Sister White calls the Papacy Babylon as well.

So, when you say the Papacy in the beast that is, and is not, and so on, if you don't understand the Papacy to represent Babylon, then you have missed a crucial point.

So then, Babylon will come full circle in the near future.

But, Babylon in these last days is made up of three parts. The Papacy, Apostate Protestantism and Spiritualism, with the Papacy at the head.

I hope I was clear.

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!