HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: ProdigalOne] #178414
11/23/15 05:56 PM
11/23/15 05:56 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
BTW I have changed the post above with the actual numbers of the people who came out and went to Jerusalem(=New Jerusalem). There were 42000 aprox. I don't know if that number included woman and children as in some part it seems that the maidservants were numbered... I didn't read it as closely as I should to determine that.

However, what was interesting in that number above only 74 were Levites and if my comprehension of the text is correct -- there were no priests. My question is was the small list of men listed at the beginning of the chapter -- priests or servants of the King or a mixed of both?

Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne

Those members of the tribe of Judah who refused to leave Babylon remained as permanent citizens. Thus, they became part of Babylon.

I wouldn't termed it as "permanent citizens" of Babylon. Remember the Babylonian system and government was destroyed. They became citizens of the next government which was Media & Persia.

The basic concept is
a) the majority weren't shaking out
b) only a remnant came out.
c) in Jesus 1st coming only a small remnant(120) came out of their Church.
d) our interpretation of futur event of the skaking is outside down to what scriptures have shown in the past pattern.

By the same logic, if the majority of the SDA denomination refuses to separate from Babylon wouldn't they become part of it? Then wouldn't the call to "come out of her my people" be a call to leave the SDA denomination?

I think you're trying too hard to keep your pre-conceived idea. I don't see it working. We need to look at what the Lord has done in the past without any biases to understand what HE will repeat in the futur.

Last edited by Elle; 11/23/15 06:52 PM.

Blessings
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #178420
11/24/15 01:10 AM
11/24/15 01:10 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Sister Elle; The reason it will be a shaking out of those who do not follow the Spirit of Prophecy is because of the pressure of the world against those who are following the Spirit of Prophecy, the straight testimony brings serious persecution against anyone claiming our beliefs in the days ahead. And in the process the halfhearted will be the ones who turn on the remnant more ferociously than even the world because they fold under the external pressures, and the remnant will never dismiss their faith in the SDA message. Those who have already laid aside certain portions of the testimonies will be shaken out and have to forsake their claim to the title of SDA. ESPECIALLY when the Sunday law issue comes. This will be the ultimate dividing of the sheep and the goats. But the events leading to the Sunday law are already unfolding, and here is where our faith is tested to prepare us for the Latter Rain.

Using the Spirit of Prophecy I would like to draw a picture for you to imagine. The very first vision Mrs White received was about the path to the heavenly city. This path was high and lifted up with the light of the Midnight Cry at the entrance to the path. She was shown the 144,000 on this path heading to the heavenly city. So in order to be one of the 144,000 you must believe in the message of the Midnight Cry. This begins the path. But how many pastors do you hear teaching about the midnight Cry? It's a point of contention. They are ashamed that we as Seventh Day Adventists claimed that Jesus would come in 1844 so they discard the Midnight Cry. This excludes them from being prepared because they are not on that path.

Here is the first Vision the Lord's Servant received.

Quote:
While I was praying at the family altar, the Holy Ghost fell upon me, and I seemed to be rising higher and higher, far above the dark world. I turned to look for the Advent people in the world, but could not find them, when a voice said to me, “Look again, and look a little higher.” At this I raised my eyes, and saw a straight and narrow path, cast up high above the world. On this path the Advent people were traveling to the city, which was at the farther end of the path. They had a bright light set up behind them at the beginning of the path, which an angel told me was the midnight cry. This light shone all along the path and gave light for their feet so that they might not stumble. If they kept their eyes fixed on Jesus, who was just before them, leading them to the city, they were safe. But soon some grew weary, and said the city was a great way off, and they expected to have entered it before. Then Jesus would encourage them by raising His glorious right arm, and from His arm came a light which waved over the Advent band, and they shouted, “Alleluia!” Others rashly denied the light behind them and said that it was not God that had led them out so far. The light behind them went out, leaving their feet in perfect darkness, and they stumbled and lost sight of the mark and of Jesus, and fell off the path down into the dark and wicked world below. Soon we [see Appendix.] heard the voice of God like many waters, which gave us the day and hour of Jesus’ coming. The living saints, 144,000 in number, knew and understood the voice, while the wicked thought it was thunder and an earthquake. When God spoke the time, He poured upon us the Holy Ghost, and our faces began to light up and shine with the glory of God, as Moses’ did when he came down from Mount Sinai. {EW 14.1}
The 144,000 were all sealed and perfectly united. On their foreheads was written, God, New Jerusalem, and a glorious star containing Jesus’ new name. At our happy, holy state the wicked were enraged, and would rush violently up to lay hands on us to thrust us into prison, when we would stretch forth the hand in the name of the Lord, and they would fall helpless to the ground. Then it was that the synagogue of Satan knew that God had loved us who could wash one another’s feet and salute the brethren with a holy kiss, and they worshiped at our feet. {EW 15.1}

The Spirit of Prophecy and the Great disappointment/ Midnight Cry, is almost as much a part of the path of the 144,000 as scripture according to what God has shown me. So with this mindset if you don't believe that the Great Disappointment was ordained by God you are not on the correct path to the Heavenly city. But how many discard that message?

As an example, I am claiming that God showed me the Spirit of Prophecy. He took me out of my past life and led me directly to this church and I will never claim otherwise. I have never seen anyone as persecuted inside the church as I have been. I have been beaten and attacked and maligned and hated from the moment God had me call the SDA church that first day after telling me to call them. The seventh day of my fast God showed me Matthew 12:8 "Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath" and light circled those words and filled my mind connecting thoughts and I heard the Still Small voice say "this will lead you home to me". I called the local SDA church like He told me to and the president of the Alaska conference (Jim Stevens) came over to my home to hear my testimony with the local pastor and he has persecuted me ever since. WHY? Because I claimed God led me there. My testimony brings major persecution against me, but does that mean I should leave the church? NO WAY. They can leave, I will never.

As a side note, the running of Brother Ben Carson for president has done more to bring us into the spot light than at any other time other than when AT Jones defended our position of the Sabbath in congress. The fact that Mr Carson dismisses the council given, to NOT be involved in politics shows his willingness to Kowtow to popular beliefs and dismiss the SOP. This is a very common attribute to 90% of those claiming our faith. They are willing to dismiss the perfect council of the Holy Spirit through the testimonies to get their way, which is rebellion. They will be the remnant worst enemies. I have already seen it myself.

Hi James, its nice to finally cross path again. I appreciate your gentle voice in your reply to me above. There's great strenght in kindness.

Sorry, but I do not share your view of the Midnight Cry-10 virgins, persecution and the shaking out. I don't believe that the 10 "good" virgins will stay in the Chruch...right there I see this conflicting with history and the patterns seen in scriptures. I have expressed these to ProdigalOne in the posts above. I view the 10 virgins differ from the other 10 because they have oil in their lamp. I view this as they have learn to hear, recognize His voice and follow His guidance. That's the only difference I see with those two groups.

However I appreciated that you sharing this view as I want to understand what people believe. It's an interesting view about the midnight cry being the message that most SDAs reject. I can understand why you expect a major "shaking out".

However, now thinking of it, in a way there will be some major shaking out at the Lord second coming when the "manifestation of the Sons of God" will be unveil. Perhaps, then there will be a major shaking out of the believers from all denominationa churches.

As you may see that I haven't changed much over the years. Like many other topics, its sad for the time being we need to agree to disagree.

The persecution that I see repeated in the Bible and history is the Church members persecuting the overcomers. Paul mentions that Ishmael persecuted Isaac, the brothers persecuted Joseph, King Saul persecuted David, the RCC persecuted their members, and today the Church persecute its members for not believing as they do.

I have expressed in more detail in one of the closing post#176793 of the discussion "Should the Body discipline its Members on disagree on the 28FBs?

To comment more on persecution...I understand that anyone that have a new revelation(like yourself) will be heavily rediculed and persecuted. I'm sorry that you have to suffer this James. Plus those that bring rebuke to the Church, will also suffer rebukes. Then I have witnessed some SDA gays(still blinded in their believes) being quite heavily persecuted by the members on Adventist Online. I think that's the worst persecution I have ever witnessed. So what I have seen as persecution -- it comes from all direction by members towards other members and not only the overcomers that gets persecuted.

It does break my heart to see many at the forum making fun or passing accusations on members. A brother or sister should never do this. I'm sorry for all the persecution seen on this forum against you James.

Actually, what I understand is persecution is for our own good. It refines us. That's the Lord purpose in this. All things work together for good. So really there's no need to be bitter or angry at all, but bless the Lord for it.

I'm very happy to see that you are learning to hear the Lord's voice and being faithfull in obeying Him. I personally advocate this and believe we should all learn this. Many Blessings Brother James in your walk with the Lord!

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #178422
11/24/15 07:26 AM
11/24/15 07:26 AM
ProdigalOne  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Just curious, how would you define "persecution"?

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: ProdigalOne] #178442
11/24/15 04:55 PM
11/24/15 04:55 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Those members of the tribe of Judah who refused to leave Babylon remained as permanent citizens. Thus, they became part of Babylon.

By the same logic, if the majority of the SDA denomination refuses to separate from Babylon wouldn't they become part of it? Then wouldn't the call to "come out of her my people" be a call to leave the SDA denomination?
Maybe you are not aware she has substituted a different definition for Babylon?

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: ProdigalOne] #178446
11/24/15 06:12 PM
11/24/15 06:12 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Just curious, how would you define persecution?

Tx for the question. It is always good to look up words in the Bible to see how the LORD has define these and reflecte on these.

The main Greek word for persecution is dioko(G1377) that means “to pursue” (literally or figuratively). It has been used 44x in the NT where it was translated 28x as persecute.

Here’s a portion of the outline of the Biblical Usage given by the Blue Letter Bible :

-to make to run or flee, put to flight, drive away
-to pursue (in a hostile manner)
-in any way whatever to harass, trouble, molest one
-to persecute -- to be mistreated, suffer persecution on account of something

In Hebrew the word is rawdaf(H7291) that has a similar proper definition as dioko – “to run after”. rawdaf has many application that not necessarily all means persecution. Out of the 143x the word was used in the OT; it was translated as persecute 27x.

I think “to pursue in a hostile manner” would capture the meaning of persecution in a general way.

Some Reflection on the History and nature of Persecution

Jesus made several remarks towards the Jews for killing, a form of persecution, the prophets by stoning. When Israel has their Sovereignty under their Judges or under their Kings…stoning was the “lawful way” to bring judgment on a prophet, on a adulterer, and on a Sabbath breaker. Other sins, the sinner was “accused” in court were the Levite-judge sentenced a debt and put the sinner into slavery according to the law of judgment and the law of Jubilee.

However, despite they acted according to the LITTERAL letter of the law; they had no understanding what the Law-Giver(Jesus) meant with these laws and their purpose was hostile towards their brothers. Thus they juged their brothers and sisters according to the hardness of their hearts and limited narrow understanding of the law.

Also, another sin they were guilty of is they used the law to enslave their brothers and the foreigners. They were guilty of refusing to set free their slaves on the 7th year. The nation of Israel never kept the 7th year as a Sabbath. It wasn’t so much that they didn’t want to give a rest to the land, but mainly the reason was they didn’t want to lose their servants. Also they refused to cancel all debts and restore everyone to their inheritance at the Jubilee year.

The law was never meant for us to “accuse” our brother. This is Satan’s job, not for any “son of God” under training. The law was design to restore us and reconcile us to our brother. The Lord has provided ample loophole in the law to be used to restore anyone. However, the Jews used the law to condemn and sought loopholes to keep their brothers in a perpetual bondage for their were big profit in having free labor(and getting their possession and land) from a slave that was penalized by the law.

The Lord put the house of Israel and of Judah in captivity (under the Sovereignty of another nation) ever since they entered Canaan. Israel were put under captivity 6 times before the 7th captivity by the Assyrian came. On the 7th, they lost all their possession, they were exiled from their land, and most were killed. The same happened for the house of Judah under the captivity of Babylon. Then the Lord showed Daniel that the captivity would continue under 3 additional Beast Empires plus an extension of the Roman Empire.

Under the Roman Empire, the Jews lost their ability to stone (execute to death) their members. Actually, it is the Lord that used the Roman Empire to remove their stoning “rights” from the Jews for it was heavily abused whenever they were under a corrupt leadership -- either when they were under a corrupt priesthood or kings. If they would of retained this “right”, they would of long stoned Jesus and many others.

When the early Church became corrupt (only took less than a 100 years or so…history shows that the Christian were also stoning their members and foreigners when they could during the time the Roman Empire crumble and before the Lord gave the RCC authority) and gained Sovereignty over many nations... the RCC used Scriptures to torture and burn alive their members for simply not believing the Church doctrines. This was a strong witness to the world ‘till today that shows the ways of a corrupt Church.

The Lord removed the authority from the RCC, and the Church is now under the captivity of Mystery Babylon. The Babylonian court system does not allow slavery, nor stoning, nor burning members alive. However, if we still had that authority; I have no doubt that we would of used scriptures to stone, burn, and put our brothers into perpetual slavery.

Our captivity to Mystery Babylon protects us for the Lord used them to impose laws on us that prohibits these savageries including polygamy which stemed from a limited understanding of the law.

We hypocritely point our fingers at the RCC for their pass barbarian behavior, when we ourselves do the same in a lesser measure. And if we could, it wouldn’t take much time for our Church or any other church to become the same as the RCC was. We, including myself, all have manifested the same spirit as the RCC; we just don’t have the authority to do much besides shooting others with our mouth in all directions.

The Israelites, the Jews, the RCC persecution history are all mirrors the Lord has made for us to see our own hearts so to bring us into repentance. It’s now time for the Lord to open our eyes to see our reflection and hearts.

It is the Lord that has blinded us in so many ways until today. The expected latter rain will end this blindness. I think the Lord has planned this in this way so to bring us in such a deep repentance that was never seen before in history. All things work for good! Let us praise the Lord for His wisdom and ability to bring us all into repentance. Much Blessings to everyone!

Blessings
Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: kland] #178453
11/25/15 02:46 AM
11/25/15 02:46 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: kland

(bold emphasis mine)

There may be any number of ways to think that God's Remnant Church can become Babylon, but, it can't. Even if the majority of people in it are Babylonians, God's church can never become Babylon.

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: kland] #178454
11/25/15 03:23 AM
11/25/15 03:23 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Yes kland, I am aware that Elle defines Babylon as some sort of wealthy elite coalition. I was merely curious as to how the SDA Church fits into her non-Adventist interpretation.

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Alchemy] #178455
11/25/15 03:33 AM
11/25/15 03:33 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

(bold emphasis mine)

There may be any number of ways to think that God's Remnant Church can become Babylon, but, it can't. Even if the majority of people in it are Babylonians, God's church can never become Babylon.

I agree Alchemy, the SOP is quite clear that the SDA Church is not to be called Babylon.

Since Elle appears to believe it is the faithful who are shaken out of the Church, I was wondering if she thought the SDA Church was, or will become, part of Babylon.

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: Elle] #178456
11/25/15 04:03 AM
11/25/15 04:03 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle
Just curious, how would you define persecution?

Tx for the question. It is always good to look up words in the Bible to see how the LORD has define these and reflecte on these.

The main Greek word for persecution is dioko(G1377) that means “to pursue” (literally or figuratively). It has been used 44x in the NT where it was translated 28x as persecute.

Here’s a portion of the outline of the Biblical Usage given by the Blue Letter Bible :

-to make to run or flee, put to flight, drive away
-to pursue (in a hostile manner)
-in any way whatever to harass, trouble, molest one
-to persecute -- to be mistreated, suffer persecution on account of something

In Hebrew the word is rawdaf(H7291) that has a similar proper definition as dioko – “to run after”. rawdaf has many application that not necessarily all means persecution. Out of the 143x the word was used in the OT; it was translated as persecute 27x.

I think “to pursue in a hostile manner” would capture the meaning of persecution in a general way.

Some Reflection on the History and nature of Persecution

Jesus made several remarks towards the Jews for killing, a form of persecution, the prophets by stoning. When Israel has their Sovereignty under their Judges or under their Kings…stoning was the “lawful way” to bring judgment on a prophet, on a adulterer, and on a Sabbath breaker. Other sins, the sinner was “accused” in court were the Levite-judge sentenced a debt and put the sinner into slavery according to the law of judgment and the law of Jubilee.

However, despite they acted according to the LITTERAL letter of the law; they had no understanding what the Law-Giver(Jesus) meant with these laws and their purpose was hostile towards their brothers. Thus they juged their brothers and sisters according to the hardness of their hearts and limited narrow understanding of the law.

Also, another sin they were guilty of is they used the law to enslave their brothers and the foreigners. They were guilty of refusing to set free their slaves on the 7th year. The nation of Israel never kept the 7th year as a Sabbath. It wasn’t so much that they didn’t want to give a rest to the land, but mainly the reason was they didn’t want to lose their servants. Also they refused to cancel all debts and restore everyone to their inheritance at the Jubilee year.

The law was never meant for us to “accuse” our brother. This is Satan’s job, not for any “son of God” under training. The law was design to restore us and reconcile us to our brother. The Lord has provided ample loophole in the law to be used to restore anyone. However, the Jews used the law to condemn and sought loopholes to keep their brothers in a perpetual bondage for their were big profit in having free labor(and getting their possession and land) from a slave that was penalized by the law.

The Lord put the house of Israel and of Judah in captivity (under the Sovereignty of another nation) ever since they entered Canaan. Israel were put under captivity 6 times before the 7th captivity by the Assyrian came. On the 7th, they lost all their possession, they were exiled from their land, and most were killed. The same happened for the house of Judah under the captivity of Babylon. Then the Lord showed Daniel that the captivity would continue under 3 additional Beast Empires plus an extension of the Roman Empire.

Under the Roman Empire, the Jews lost their ability to stone (execute to death) their members. Actually, it is the Lord that used the Roman Empire to remove their stoning “rights” from the Jews for it was heavily abused whenever they were under a corrupt leadership -- either when they were under a corrupt priesthood or kings. If they would of retained this “right”, they would of long stoned Jesus and many others.

When the early Church became corrupt (only took less than a 100 years or so…history shows that the Christian were also stoning their members and foreigners when they could during the time the Roman Empire crumble and before the Lord gave the RCC authority) and gained Sovereignty over many nations... the RCC used Scriptures to torture and burn alive their members for simply not believing the Church doctrines. This was a strong witness to the world ‘till today that shows the ways of a corrupt Church.

The Lord removed the authority from the RCC, and the Church is now under the captivity of Mystery Babylon. The Babylonian court system does not allow slavery, nor stoning, nor burning members alive. However, if we still had that authority; I have no doubt that we would of used scriptures to stone, burn, and put our brothers into perpetual slavery.

Our captivity to Mystery Babylon protects us for the Lord used them to impose laws on us that prohibits these savageries including polygamy which stemed from a limited understanding of the law.

We hypocritely point our fingers at the RCC for their pass barbarian behavior, when we ourselves do the same in a lesser measure. And if we could, it wouldn’t take much time for our Church or any other church to become the same as the RCC was. We, including myself, all have manifested the same spirit as the RCC; we just don’t have the authority to do much besides shooting others with our mouth in all directions.

The Israelites, the Jews, the RCC persecution history are all mirrors the Lord has made for us to see our own hearts so to bring us into repentance. It’s now time for the Lord to open our eyes to see our reflection and hearts.

It is the Lord that has blinded us in so many ways until today. The expected latter rain will end this blindness. I think the Lord has planned this in this way so to bring us in such a deep repentance that was never seen before in history. All things work for good! Let us praise the Lord for His wisdom and ability to bring us all into repentance. Much Blessings to everyone!

Elle, thank-you for your thoroughly researched reply!

It had occurred to me that you might consider some of my comments to you as persecution. I do hope that is not the case, as they were never intended that way.
I have no wish to put you to flight, or drive you away. My intention is only that your true creed should be made plain, so as to avoid any confusion: after all, our intention here is to walk in the Light.

Do you think Paul's advise to Timothy could be misconstrued as persecution?

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.". 2Timothy 4:2

"Reprove", "rebuke", these are not wishy-washy terms. They imply strong action, tough love so to speak.

Does anyone any have thoughts as to how Paul's words should be applied?

Re: Should we quote EGW? --The Lord Canonized OT & NT -- shouldn't EGW's writings also? [Re: ProdigalOne] #178510
11/27/15 06:40 AM
11/27/15 06:40 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

(bold emphasis mine)

I agree Alchemy, the SOP is quite clear that the SDA Church is not to be called Babylon.

Since Elle appears to believe it is the faithful who are shaken out of the Church, I was wondering if she thought the SDA Church was, or will become, part of Babylon.

Amen ProdigalOne.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!