HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Examining the Claims by Ron Wyatt [Re: Daryl] #178675
12/07/15 04:10 AM
12/07/15 04:10 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Examining the Claims by Ron Wyatt [Re: Daryl] #178676
12/08/15 06:58 AM
12/08/15 06:58 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Franz gives his studied opinions as to the route of the Exodus, and it is also just a studied opinion, not PROOF,

I did read his refutation that Mt. Sinai was supposedly NOT in the land of Midian and have questions concerning that --

Based on "Exodus 18, Franz makes the deduction that --
"Moses and the Israelites are camped at "the Mountain of God" (Mt. Sinai) when Jethro, Moses' father-in-law, visits them. Verse 27 says, "Then Moses let his father-in-law depart [from Mt. Sinai], and he went his way to his own land [Midian]." Jethro departs from Mt. Sinai to return to the Land of Midian."

Could Franz be WRONG on this point?
And the proponents of Jebel el Lawz as Mount Sinai be right?
Scripture (and EGW) tells us that Mount Sinai was in Horeb.

If you read Exodus 3, Moses, while still tending Jethro's sheep, led those sheep to the "Mountain of God" in Horeb.
That's where God appeared to him in the burning bush and called him to lead Israel out of slavery.

Notice the NAME of the place:

Exodus 3:1 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.

Would Moses, with Jethro's sheep, have travelled all the way from Midean, around the Gulf of Aquada (arm of the Red Sea) then south to the place that is historically cited as Mt. Sinai?

I rather doubt it.

Now notice that Israelites were in Horeb at Mt. Sinai.

"The glory of God still hovered above Sinai in the sight of the congregation; but they turned away, and asked for other gods. "They made a calf in Horeb, and worshiped the molten image. Thus they changed their glory into the similitude of an ox." Psalm 106:19, 20. [PP317}

"The whole congregation of Israel now encamped in the plain, in full view of Mount Horeb. Then followed the days of preparation for the great scene which was to make a most vivid impression upon their minds. The Lord gave Moses express directions in regard to this preparation which must be made by his people. "And the Lord said unto Moses, go unto the people and sanctify them today and tomorrow; and let them wash their clothes, and be ready against the third day; for the third day the Lord will come down in the sight of all the people, upon Mount Sinai." {ST, March 7, 1878 par. 3}

So Mt. Sinai (Horeb) does sound like it is in Midian or at least right next to Midian, not across a gulf --

Re: Examining the Claims by Ron Wyatt [Re: Daryl] #178677
12/08/15 05:13 PM
12/08/15 05:13 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
From http://www.tentmaker.org/WAR/HasNoahsArkBeenFound1.html

I now revise my opinion of Wyatt from a fraud to
a fraud, a thief/plagiarist or whatever you would call it, and a dappler in witchcraft/dowsing.

The more I learn about him, the worse my opinion of him, if that's possible.

Re: Examining the Claims by Ron Wyatt [Re: kland] #178678
12/08/15 05:27 PM
12/08/15 05:27 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: kland
One of his claims is that blood ran down through a crack in the rock onto the lid.

How much blood/water are expected in such a dehydrated person?

Given an assumed position of the exit from Christ's body, what's the maximum amount of blood that could on average be expected to fall into the crack?

What is the maximum amount of depth through dry rock that that amount of blood could flow?

Are not these questions relevant for considering / before considering the possibility of such of his claims?
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
All it would take is a few drops to equal the kind of symbolic imagery presented throughout history of the Levitical services. A mere sprinkling. Therefore, I think any amount greater than a few tablespoons would very likely suffice, depending on the length/absorption of the blood in the crack and/or its humidity. In the case that the blood was mixed with water, as scripture attests, then the water could easily be the source of humidity to a certain extent.
Originally Posted By: kland
I agree, all it would take is a few drops on the lid. That's why my question was about how much would it take to accomplish that.

So, I'm confused by your response. It's like you didn't read my question. "depending on the length/absorption of the blood in the crack". Yes, that was what my question was about.

Mixed with water? Where did that water come from? From out of the blood. Thereby making the blood less fluid. More sticky.

Were you addressing any of my questions?

"the lost Ark of the Covenant buried 20 feet below the crucifixion site."

One place I thought he said 40 feet. Let's go with 20. How much blood would be needed to get "a few drops" through 20 feet of dry rock? This means, Green, that not all of his blood would run through the crack, some would land on the sides.

Re: Examining the Claims by Ron Wyatt [Re: Daryl] #178680
12/09/15 04:27 AM
12/09/15 04:27 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Franz gives his studied opinions as to the route of the Exodus, and it is also just a studied opinion, not PROOF,

I did read his refutation that Mt. Sinai was supposedly NOT in the land of Midian and have questions concerning that --

Based on "Exodus 18, Franz makes the deduction that --
"Moses and the Israelites are camped at "the Mountain of God" (Mt. Sinai) when Jethro, Moses' father-in-law, visits them. Verse 27 says, "Then Moses let his father-in-law depart [from Mt. Sinai], and he went his way to his own land [Midian]." Jethro departs from Mt. Sinai to return to the Land of Midian."

Could Franz be WRONG on this point?
And the proponents of Jebel el Lawz as Mount Sinai be right?
Scripture (and EGW) tells us that Mount Sinai was in Horeb.

If you read Exodus 3, Moses, while still tending Jethro's sheep, led those sheep to the "Mountain of God" in Horeb.
That's where God appeared to him in the burning bush and called him to lead Israel out of slavery.

Notice the NAME of the place:

Exodus 3:1 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.

Would Moses, with Jethro's sheep, have travelled all the way from Midean, around the Gulf of Aquada (arm of the Red Sea) then south to the place that is historically cited as Mt. Sinai?

I rather doubt it.

Now notice that Israelites were in Horeb at Mt. Sinai.

"The glory of God still hovered above Sinai in the sight of the congregation; but they turned away, and asked for other gods. "They made a calf in Horeb, and worshiped the molten image. Thus they changed their glory into the similitude of an ox." Psalm 106:19, 20. [PP317}

"The whole congregation of Israel now encamped in the plain, in full view of Mount Horeb. Then followed the days of preparation for the great scene which was to make a most vivid impression upon their minds. The Lord gave Moses express directions in regard to this preparation which must be made by his people. "And the Lord said unto Moses, go unto the people and sanctify them today and tomorrow; and let them wash their clothes, and be ready against the third day; for the third day the Lord will come down in the sight of all the people, upon Mount Sinai." {ST, March 7, 1878 par. 3}

So Mt. Sinai (Horeb) does sound like it is in Midian or at least right next to Midian, not across a gulf --
Is not your reply also an opinion even though it might be logical, or do you call it PROOF? alchemy likes his opinion also, but there is still the matter of PROOF. I just read though the SDA Bible Commentary on the topic and they put Sinai in the Sinai Peninsula, not in Saudi Arabia. Did that writer not consider all the facts too? In my personal opinion, Mt. Sinai being located in what is now called Saudi Arabia makes more sense but I have not seen what I would call definitive PROOF. Wyatt has not provided PROOF.

On the topic of Noah's Ark, one paragraph from EGW is enough to call into question the location on the side of a mountain in Turkey - As the waters began to subside, the Lord caused the ark to drift into a spot protected by a group of mountains that had been preserved by His power. These mountains were but a little distance apart, and the ark moved about in this quiet haven, and was no longer driven upon the boundless ocean. This gave great relief to the weary, tempest-tossed voyagers. {PP 105.2} Does that fit the Turkey location? No.

The following video was recorded in Loma Linda in 2011 where Walter Veith and Francois du Plessis did a series of talks, this one was on the Ark and presents a location in Armenia as a possible location of the Ark and it fits EGW's description of the location while the Turkey location does not.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Examining the Claims by Ron Wyatt [Re: APL] #178681
12/09/15 07:19 AM
12/09/15 07:19 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
APL wrote;

"Is not your reply also an opinion even though it might be logical, or do you call it PROOF? alchemy likes his opinion also, but there is still the matter of PROOF. I just read though the SDA Bible Commentary on the topic and they put Sinai in the Sinai Peninsula, not in Saudi Arabia. Did that writer not consider all the facts too? In my personal opinion, Mt. Sinai being located in what is now called Saudi Arabia makes more sense but I have not seen what I would call definitive PROOF. Wyatt has not provided PROOF. "

Ron Wyatt followed the Biblical account more accurately than any other I have heard of.

But, while we are on the point of PROOF, what proof is there that Mt. Sinai is on the Sinai peninsula?

So, the preponderance of the evidence is on the side of the Arabian peninsula.

Re: Examining the Claims by Ron Wyatt [Re: APL] #178683
12/09/15 07:30 AM
12/09/15 07:30 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
On the topic of Noah's Ark, one paragraph from EGW is enough to call into question the location on the side of a mountain in Turkey - As the waters began to subside, the Lord caused the ark to drift into a spot protected by a group of mountains that had been preserved by His power. These mountains were but a little distance apart, and the ark moved about in this quiet haven, and was no longer driven upon the boundless ocean. This gave great relief to the weary, tempest-tossed voyagers. {PP 105.2} Does that fit the Turkey location? No.

Just a quick reality check here. You may be right in terms of the modern situation. However, the earth has undergone tremendous geological changes since the Flood, including, as I understand, the lifting of Mount Everest through tectonic shifting, great earthquakes that separated out the continents, and similar "adjustments" to earth's terrain. There is and can be no proof that what we see today is as it was in Noah's day, unless Mrs. White says somewhere that nothing in that region changed.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Examining the Claims by Ron Wyatt [Re: Green Cochoa] #178684
12/09/15 01:52 PM
12/09/15 01:52 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: APL

Just a quick reality check here. You may be right in terms of the modern situation. However, the earth has undergone tremendous geological changes since the Flood, including, as I understand, the lifting of Mount Everest through tectonic shifting, great earthquakes that separated out the continents, and similar "adjustments" to earth's terrain. There is and can be no proof that what we see today is as it was in Noah's day, unless Mrs. White says somewhere that nothing in that region changed.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

This is an important point that Green makes. The surface of the earth has changed to a huge degree in the last 4500 years or so. Our conversation must be kept current.

Re: Examining the Claims by Ron Wyatt [Re: Daryl] #178685
12/09/15 02:40 PM
12/09/15 02:40 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: alchemy
But, while we are on the point of PROOF, what proof is there that Mt. Sinai is on the Sinai peninsula?

So, the preponderance of the evidence is on the side of the Arabian peninsula.
Hm - did you read the links I suggested? No evidence you did. Were the authors of the SDABC complete idiots?
Originally Posted By: green
yes, EGW does speak about the time after the flood. And she compares that to what will happen right before the second coming with respect to changes in the earth surface. All of which does not add support Wyatt's claims on the location of the ark, particularly if Mt. Ararat is volcanic as he claims. And it supports EGW's statements that the ark was in a protected area, surrounded by mountains to shield the ark.
Originally Posted By: alchemy
This is an important point that Green makes. The surface of the earth has changed to a huge degree in the last 4500 years or so. Our conversation must be kept current.
Great! Then present your evidence in how in the last 4500 years the earth has changed. How about the last 2000 years, how has it changed?

Re: Examining the Claims by Ron Wyatt [Re: Daryl] #178687
12/09/15 05:51 PM
12/09/15 05:51 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Yes. Both Green and Alchemy, I want to see some evidence that "the earth has undergone tremendous geological changes since the Flood," and "The surface of the earth has changed to a huge degree in the last 4500 years or so."

Or was that just your opinions?

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!