HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: When Does Satan Personate Christ [Re: Green Cochoa] #179012
01/12/16 01:03 PM
01/12/16 01:03 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Green wrote;

"Here's a good quote, Alchemy, to help us with the time line. Note that Mrs. White makes no mention of Satan being deceived regarding the time.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Satan sees that he is about to lose his case. He cannot sweep in the whole world. He makes one last desperate effort to overcome the faithful by deception. He does this in personating Christ. He clothes himself with the garments of royalty which have been accurately described in the vision of John. He has power to do this. He will appear to his deluded followers, the Christian world who received not the love of the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness (transgression of the law), as Christ coming the second time. {LDE 164.1}

Note, also, that Mrs. White makes no mention of the faithful needing not to concern themselves about this deception, as she logically should if their cases were already to have been closed at this point."

I am quite familiar with this quote and there isn't anything to your points. In the chapter The Time of Trouble, Sister White clearly states that "God's people will not be misled". Yet, they still suffer trouble and trials.

Green wrote;

"Why would it matter what Satan did if probation were already closed? God does not allow Satan to do this for the express reason that His followers who know the truth are to be able to stand by it. Their cases, then, cannot have been already decided, for if they were deceived, they would fall at this time into Satan's camp, just as Satan wishes."

Just assumption on your part. As I have stated before, Satan still believes he can win his case. But, to do this, he must deceive the rest of the world to murder all of God's people! Satan doesn't care if God's people are deceived, because he is just going to murder all of them. Ellen White uses the term "Israel would lose their lives". {SpM 2.1}[/color]

Your complete concept of the close of probation is skewed to the point that you ask all the wrong questions. You insist Satan needs to convert God's people when he is simply wanting all of them dead. Period.

Green wrote;

"Consider the following statements. The first one shows that the plagues will fall as soon as probation is closed.

When Christ ceases His intercession in the sanctuary, the unmingled wrath threatened against those who worship the beast and his image and receive his mark, will be poured out. The plagues upon Egypt when God was about to deliver Israel, were similar in character to those more terrible and extensive judgments which are to fall upon the world just before the final deliverance of God's people. Says the revelator, in describing those terrific scourges: "There fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image." The sea "became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea." And "the rivers and fountains of waters . . . became blood." Revelation 16:2-4. Terrible as these inflictions are, God's justice stands fully vindicated. . . . [color:#FF0000]{FLB 340.2}

These plagues are not universal, or the inhabitants of the earth would be wholly cut off. Yet they will be the most awful scourges that have ever been known to mortals. All the judgments upon men, prior to the close of probation, have been mingled with mercy. The pleading blood of Christ has shielded the sinner from receiving the full measure of his guilt; but in the final judgment, wrath is poured out unmixed with mercy. {FLB 340.3}"

Now, what are you doing Green? These statements come right out of the chapter "The Time of Trouble" and I have addressed them already.

All this is just one lame point after another. You must do better.

The personation of Christ by Satan is all after the close of probation. And everything in the Bible and Ellen White's writings support that fact! You have brought nothing to the table Green.

Re: When Does Satan Personate Christ [Re: Green Cochoa] #179013
01/12/16 01:12 PM
01/12/16 01:12 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Green wrote;

"Satan figures out that probation has closed.

Satan Infers That Probation Has Closed

In the time of trouble Satan stirs up the wicked, and they encircle the people of God to destroy them. But he does not know that "pardon" has been written opposite their names in the books of heaven.--RH Nov. 19, 1908. {LDE 234.1}

As Satan influenced Esau to march against Jacob, so he will stir up the wicked to destroy God's people in the time of trouble. . . . He sees that holy angels are guarding them, and he infers that their sins have been pardoned, but he does not know that their cases have been decided in the sanctuary above.--GC 618 (1911). {LDE 234.2} (bold emphasis mine)

Interesting statements.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa."

Again, Sister White clearly states that this attempt by Satan to destroy God's people is during the Time of Trouble, the Time of Jacob's Trouble by the reference to Esau. This is clearly after the close of probation!

With all this evidence all showing the personation of Christ by Satan to be after the close of probation, what would make anyone believe that it is before the close of probation?!? No such evidence exists! Period.

Re: When Does Satan Personate Christ [Re: dedication] #179014
01/12/16 01:52 PM
01/12/16 01:52 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Alchemy,

The ones who are prepared to be translated to heaven will not enjoy strife and debate. Regardless of whether you see my interpretations to be correct, please remember Christian courtesy.

I have found this forum to be increasingly difficult to work with in this respect, which is one reason I find it necessary of late to take "breaks" from it for awhile. If the influence of others here has stirred up your negative emotions by pushing all of your buttons, just remember that we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

Satan's final deception will be a masterpiece, in part, at least, due to the kindness and gentleness which he will display in mimicking Christ. In part, he will also work miracles. Mrs. White says that so will God's people in the last days. Signs and wonders cannot help us know which entity has the truth with the true Spirit. Satan will have truth. But he will not have true love, joy, or peace.

We need more than truth here, Alchemy. We need God's Spirit as well.

God bless,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: When Does Satan Personate Christ [Re: dedication] #179019
01/12/16 07:13 PM
01/12/16 07:13 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
"Last Day Events" is a compilation. If you'd like to know EGW's timeline, look at original sources. Look At "The Great Controversy". If one it waiting for a death decree for Sunday or a manifestation of Satan as Christ, it will be too late. The time of Jacob's trouble is after the close of probation. If Jacob had not truly repented before this time of his trouble, he would have been destroyed. Read Great Controversy chapter 39 to get the sequence of events.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: When Does Satan Personate Christ [Re: Alchemy] #179022
01/12/16 09:47 PM
01/12/16 09:47 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
What point are you talking about, Green?!? I have never read one good point kland has made in this thread. He follows me around, and others, simply harassing in his nonsense.
Alchemy, that's uncalled for!

Re: When Does Satan Personate Christ [Re: Green Cochoa] #179023
01/12/16 11:23 PM
01/12/16 11:23 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
"The time of Jacob's trouble" is clearly after the close of probation. There isn't any way around that!

I'm not persuaded that it is. Are the plagues falling during this time?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Wow Green!

I have long understood and believe that the time of trouble before the close of probation is called the little time of trouble. And that the Time of Trouble after the close of probation is called Jacob's Time of Trouble.

Please, explain why you are not convinced that Jacob's Time of Trouble is not after the close of probation?

Again, in the chapter "The Time of Trouble" in the book The Great Controversy, immediately after the close of probation, Sister White describes Jacob's Time of Trouble. I take this as a direct effort on Sister White's part to make sure no one is confused with the little Time of Trouble. Because, the little Time of Trouble is before the close of probation while Jacob's Time of Trouble is after the close of probation.

You have much to answer for, Green. But, I understand the confusion if people are confused on this point.

You see, when I first joined the SDA Church in 1982, I would hear about the personation of Christ by Satan from time to time. But, the message then wasn't clear. I can remember people getting all caught up about stories that Satan had sent messages to earth from space and stuff like that.

Well, that lasted about 5 years or so, and then nothing until 2015. For about 25 years years I heard nothing about Satan personating Christ until I read the chapter "The Time of Trouble" again!! And then having it brought up in this thread here. I have finally delved into this subject myself. And it has been a very holy experience for me! Having God direct me as He has done.

So, I don't know why so many people are locked into this idea that Satan personates Christ before the close of probation, but, you need to let that go. You need to cut that loose. Because, it is impossible to demonstrate that Satan personates Christ before the close of probation!

Re: When Does Satan Personate Christ [Re: APL] #179024
01/12/16 11:26 PM
01/12/16 11:26 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: APL
"Last Day Events" is a compilation. If you'd like to know EGW's timeline, look at original sources. Look At "The Great Controversy". If one it waiting for a death decree for Sunday or a manifestation of Satan as Christ, it will be too late. The time of Jacob's trouble is after the close of probation. If Jacob had not truly repented before this time of his trouble, he would have been destroyed. Read Great Controversy chapter 39 to get the sequence of events.

Amen APL!

Re: When Does Satan Personate Christ [Re: APL] #179025
01/12/16 11:48 PM
01/12/16 11:48 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Blessings APL.

Can I ask you a question?

How or why is this idea that Satan personates Christ before the close of probation so entrenched within the SDA Church?

Re: When Does Satan Personate Christ [Re: dedication] #179028
01/13/16 05:47 AM
01/13/16 05:47 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Here's what you need to answer, Alchemy:

Will you or anyone else know when probation has closed?

It seems we are told in the Bible that:

1) No man will know;
2) The angels of God will not know;
3) Even Jesus may not know (depends on interpretation of Mark 13:32);

AND

4) Mrs. White tells us Satan himself can only "infer" that it has closed.

Interestingly, Satan infers this because God's people are protected by the holy angels. So do the holy angels at that point know as well? If so, how can the Bible be correct that they will not know?

You see, the real question to grapple with here, and where you and I may differ, is whether or not probation's close is an event at a single moment in time, or if it closes at different times for different people and/or groups of people. I believe the latter. I believe probation may have closed for God's people at the time of Jacob's trouble. However, the world still has a chance. The plagues are not yet. Probation for the world still continues for a time, while the saints are persecuted and some martyred. No saint will lose his or her life after probation has closed for everyone. As long as persecution of the saints means some of them are put to death, we can be assured that probation has not closed for the world. Their deaths will inspire some to accept God in the final moments of earth's history.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: When Does Satan Personate Christ [Re: Green Cochoa] #179029
01/13/16 06:21 AM
01/13/16 06:21 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Green wrote;

"Here's what you need to answer, Alchemy:

Will you or anyone else know when probation has closed?"

What are you talking about?

The exact time when probation closes is not the issue. So, no Green. I never have to answer that question. Your point here is worthless.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!