HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Is Lifting Hands OK in Church? #34296
04/25/05 12:55 AM
04/25/05 12:55 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Serious posts, such as the one just before this one, are acceptable, however, the other type of posts, sarcastic and such, are not.

If we can't be respectful to others in our posts, then we shouldn't be posting at all.

Re: Is Lifting Hands OK in Church? #34297
04/25/05 01:24 AM
04/25/05 01:24 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Barry,
Debbie has hit it right on the head, and she is absolutely correct. Alot of people just cant stand and have a brutal time with dealing with things a child understands. All of a sudden wewant to make being a Christian something without distinctions, you can talk how you want, do what you like when you worship God. God never set any rules at all, and any "restrictions" are legalism.
What ever happened to guarding the mind, and the heart?
Now think about this one. I have to all of a sudden deal with the happy "spirit filled" brother or sister next to me as they move over into my space cause they are lifting holy hands?
In fact if we are using the Bible to justify what lifting up hands are, then why is it that the same pattern is used in charismatic churches? I would think that anyone worth their salt who firmly believes that we should be able to dowhatever we want will research this and present it, and that is truly interesting. You would think it would be just rasing hands, but people start to move side to side feelin the groove following their heart.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Is Lifting Hands OK in Church? #34298
04/25/05 02:38 AM
04/25/05 02:38 AM
B
Barry  Offline
Posting New Member
Joshua, Texas USA
There are things that the penticostal folks do that make the hair on the back of my neck stand straight. I don't like the tongues thing...it makes no sense. But an innocent gesture of lifting one's hand in the air when something is uplifting is nothing more than a physical amen/thank you Lord gesture. If you are not ever moved to that point thats OK. But again, the fact that it may outside of your worship box is certainly no reason to condemn it.

I have worked in years past with some of the finest Penticostal televangelists in our nation.(Kenneth Copeland, Jessie Duplantis, Phil Driscoll, Mac Hammonds to name a few) I know a little more about what goes on in that circle of folks than most cocooned Adventists. And just for the record, the ministries that I worked with in the penticostal realm have far greater integrity than any other organizations I have ever been associated with. Period.

I have often suggested to conference presidents to have pastors attend a sunday church in their community at least once a month. Then write a 1 page report on what they saw. You would be amazed at what you would learn.....if you would. I have been told on more than one occasion that a baptist would rather see a rattle snake crawl up the isle than see an Adventist come in their back door. How sad. I am more than proud to have sang, preached and fellowshipped with Baptist folks all over the SW. If we can't get along with folks here, how will we do it in heaven? God gave me the very first Baptist pastor that I worked with. He and his wife have now been Adventists for over 6 years. Fishers of men. You catch'em....let Him clean'em.........stop the insanity....please.

Re: Is Lifting Hands OK in Church? #34299
04/25/05 03:54 AM
04/25/05 03:54 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Interesting you named Kenneth Copeland since I was reading a book by a gentleman who was involved quite heavily in New Age.
This gentleman was intructed specifically to listen and watch Copeland because much of his teachings were new age, and in fact to use it to infiltrate churches. What exactly is your defenition of insanity especially in the context of this topic.
The names of those people you mentioned are short of conmen, and obviously misleading people by the tens of thousands. I dont see any integrity at all in what they do and who they are, and is much along the lines of "Praise the Lord and pass the plate".

Re: Is Lifting Hands OK in Church? #34300
04/25/05 05:05 AM
04/25/05 05:05 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Kenneth Copeland? Sitting on the floor with people in church, laughing like maniacal idiots ("holy laughter"), having people bark like dogs and hoot like monkeys, and all the while calling that the work of the Holy Spirit? Pul-lease. If that's integrity, I hope never to have any.

Re: Is Lifting Hands OK in Church? #34301
04/25/05 05:49 AM
04/25/05 05:49 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Barry,
You said:
quote:

I know a little more about what goes on in that circle of folks than most cocooned Adventists.

No one is debating whether you know more than "cocooned" Seventh-Day Adventists or not, but you seem more like them each and every post that goes by.

Also you said:
quote:

I have often suggested to conference presidents to have pastors attend a sunday church in their community at least once a month. Then write a 1 page report on what they saw. You would be amazed at what you would learn.....if you would.

I am glad that deceptive thought has not come to our church, and our pastor. You use "if we cant get along here" theme as a crutch and a curtain to really say "lets do away with the pillars of our faith". Please do correct me if I am wrong.
I went to disney land many years ago and got really hungry, I mean famished. We went to buy some pizza and cokes, since the pasta looked unappealing, and and after paying $30.00 for 3 slices and 2 cokes I took a bite into what I thought would be great pizza. To my disappointment it was extrmely bland.
The reason why its so bland is because they (disney) has to accomadate all types, some people dont like garlicy pizza, others dont want too much salt, others dont like too much sauce, or too much this or that. The end result was terrible.
Thats what all this ecumenical hogwash is like, a bland tasteless glop of substance passed off as food.

Re: Is Lifting Hands OK in Church? #34302
04/25/05 07:47 AM
04/25/05 07:47 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
I think this would be a good time to check out a new use for the new live chatroom function. How about all who have issue in this thread gathering there at a specific time to talk. It is my belief that much steam would be let of as much missunderstanding can be dealth with before it would have time to grow any further. I would primarily think myself, Debbie, Barry and Will. Maybe others would come aswell. One of you can propose a time, but remember that I live 6 hours later from eastern US coast and cannot spend early morning hours (02-06) on this.

/Thomas

Re: Is Lifting Hands OK in Church? #34303
04/25/05 12:42 PM
04/25/05 12:42 PM
B
Barry  Offline
Posting New Member
Joshua, Texas USA
There are many things that the Pentecostals do that concern me. When I spoke of integrity in their ministry I was refering to how they treat each other and how they treat their employees.

It seems that most folks are afraid of mingling with Christians from other denominations. I am not. Find common ground and work from there. Be a blessing whereever you can.

The fact that we have the "Truth" does not give us license to beat folks with it. Our approach to ministry is acceptance without condemnation. We welcome folks into our fellowship and love them. Then we watch as the Holy Spirit begins to work in their lives. We watch miracles happen each week. Their are hundreds of thousands of former SDAs out in the world that want to come home. The stumbling block is either fear of being hurt again or they just do not know how to come back home.

The insanity is how we treat each other in the name of religion. There are many folks in our churches that are working for God like the devil.

Re: Is Lifting Hands OK in Church? #34304
04/26/05 03:53 AM
04/26/05 03:53 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Thanks for clearing that up Barry, and I agree that we should find a common thread with other Christians without having to compromise our beliefs.
I have friends of different denominations, and I talk to them, and we actually study the Bible together, or talk about God's wonderful promises, but when they think about family that are asleep(dead) and tell me how when we die that we go to heaven thats when I begin to ask them how do they know that it is true, and take it from there.
I also agree with the hurt that has gone on, and how many people basically need to be loved back home. Regardless of denomination you will always have those who are extreme, and I mean very extreme.
I don't eat pork or beef, and when someone asks me why I dont beat them over the head with my Bible, but I let them know that its for health reasons, and God gave me this body, and its the temple of the Holy Spirit, so I have to treat it nicely, and take care of it. From there on its smooth sailing.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Is Lifting Hands OK in Church? #34305
04/26/05 05:56 PM
04/26/05 05:56 PM
B
Barry  Offline
Posting New Member
Joshua, Texas USA
Thanx for the reply Will,

We love southern gospel music. As an outreach to the community, we have gospel concerts at our church at least once a month. One of the quartets that we are close to told us about a church they were recently booked into.

The church board of this church had recently met and approved two new rules.
1) It would be approriate for the congregation to applaud..........as long as the pastor did not instigate the applause.
2) It would be approriate for people to raise their hands in church provided the hands did not go above the level of the persons ear.

I guess we are not the only denomination that is infected with insanity..........

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!