HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, Daryl, dedication, 3 invisible), 2,155 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 32 1 2 30 31 32
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #181397
09/10/16 01:33 PM
09/10/16 01:33 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Ell, since under your theology,I have no free will, my answer is

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: APL] #181398
09/10/16 02:31 PM
09/10/16 02:31 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: APL

Oh! [To make a statement -- I believe we have CHOICES but no free will in terms that God sovereignty is above our choices via events and His judgments]

Am I understanding right? : So because you do not agree with my "no free will" view derived from some verses from the Bible that I refuse to ignore ... you will not respond to other discussion subjects that I'm involve? Is this the case?

If so, this seems immature to me at the same time an convenient evasive excuse to ignore the discussion at hand and important questions raised that challenges your view.

I'm led to think that your answer is blank not because of my "no free will" view but rather because you have no answer to give and prefer to ignore those texts.

Maybe kland can answer for you. If not.... then I'll leave this long side tracked off-topic debate that you, kland, dedication, and Green were having ---- for what??? ---- over 12 pages worth of discussion, and I'll proceeds to the discussion at hand.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: kland] #181411
09/12/16 12:03 PM
09/12/16 12:03 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
All things (NOT SOME) is to be reconciled to God

Here's another of the texts that explicitly says "ALL" (not some) will be saved by being reconciled to God.

Eph 1:10, 22-23; 1Cor 15:28; 2Cor 5:18-20; Col 1:16-20 talks about "all things" is to be reconciled to God; so God can be "all in all". For example in Col 1:16 the Lord is said to be the Creator of "all things" and in v. 20 the same "all things" is to be reconciled to God.

Thus according to your literal-lake-of-fire-destruction theory, if 90% of the people on earth is annihilated .... this means that these people were NOT reconciled to God.... Right? This view brings conflict to the Word of God that says "all things" will be reconciled.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #181412
09/12/16 01:54 PM
09/12/16 01:54 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Now I'm not sure how one goes about spinning how death means life

Not that I ever expressed this in such terms, but I do see kland's objection as in our current world when someone's dies the 1st death(the physical death of the body) people don't usually bounce back to life.

However, Christian normally believes ... that after death there is life for we believe in the 2 resurrections.

And also we have Paul wrote that a seed must die FIRST to come to LIFE.

hmmm... yes in kland terms we can say "death means life" because doesn't the Bible tells us so?

Originally Posted By: kland
...., but there's a few things in Rev 21 which they need to address. For example, here's a few:
  • Not being found in the book of Life means you still live?
  • There's a first death and a second death and they are still alive? What would be the intention of the author in saying first and second death?
  • If satan is cast into the lake of fire just as the lost are, does that mean satan still lives, too?

I'll get back to you later addressing your 3 arguments.

But to briefly address argument #2 underlined above, here's the most current post of what my understanding of the 1st death and 2nd death. I have made many other posts(10+) before that in the span of maybe 4+ years.

Originally Posted By: Elle
Elle - Second death is life.

Not so. I said the second death is a SPIRITUAL DEATH. The DEATH of the OLD MAN that needs to be nailed to the CROSS with Christ. This death we need to DIE daily when we submit to the Lord's will and not to the voice of our own minds.

As we die this death with Christ on the cross, then we too will resurrect as He did in His appointed time. Life comes later with the Resurrection. First we need to DIE the 2nd death several times before receiving that life eternal.

That's what I understand the Bible teaches.

truth - Second death is the consequences of sin. (Did you read the homework?)

I would disagree with that. When Adam had not sinned yet and before he committed that sin; death(the 1st death -- the physical literal death) came to this world because he failed to died that 2nd death.

So Adam should of died that 2nd death before sin came. Sin come as a result of failing to die the 2nd death because the 2nd death is the death of our own will and a submission to the will of the Lord.

Christ who sinned not had to die the 2nd death at the garden of Getsemanne when He submitted His will to the Father's. He also died the 2nd death when He got baptized and accepted the Father's plan for Him which He knew then that would lead Him to the cross.

Under Elle's belief, you don't have to believe or do anything. (And gold is what you really want!)

You don't have to belief? Or do anything? Where did you get that? -- not from me.

On the contrary, to do the will of God according to Paul in Rom 10:17 "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word[rhema, utterance] of God" I've always been saying for years that without hearing you cannot be in obedience to the will of God -- thus you won't pass thru that narrow gate that Asygo brought up -- thus you will need to be destroyed and get back on the path to life.

Shema is the same Hebrew word for "to hear" or "to obey". Basically, hearing and obeying is the same word and can be used interchangably in Hebrew. You cannot obey without hearing or vice versa.

So it seems in this forum, no person is interested in learning to hear the utterance of God. Maybe you think their's no need because Ellen White already did all the hearing for us. I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. It didn't work that way with the Israelites who relied on Moses to hear for them (Ex 20:19) for they were too afraid to hear the Lord for themself. Why? because when we hear the voice of God it burns the "flesh"(represents our carnality) and they were AFRAID to DIE the 2nd death. So they begged Moses to hear for them for they didn't want to die and yet live.

The 2nd death is not a rose garden. And YES you need to do what the Lord tells you. If you don't, well, you will get corrected and then you will hear again and it will hurt the "flesh" again. The purpose to hear(=obey) properly and accurately is to teach us His laws; and once it is learned perfectly then it gets written in our heart tablets. Without hearing, the laws of God cannot be written inside of you.

NO ONE can come to OBEDIENCE without hearing the voice of God and without dying the 2nd death.

The 2nd death is symbolized as the lake of fire where we get baptized by the Fire(words) of the Holy Spirit. That fire before it was a lake; it started from the throne of God by which Daniel saw as fire. Daniel also saw a river of fire coming out of God's throne. This is because the throne of God represents where the law comes from. That where the Lord will judge all the works of the dead according to His laws. That judgment("the fiery law" Deut 33:2) that proceeded out of the throne -- from the right hand" of God Deut 33:2 via "His saints[the overcomers that resurrected at 1st resurrection and ruled with Christ for 1000 years] are in his hand" (Deut 33:3)] . That fiery law that proceeded out of the throne John saw it become a lake of fire. It was a symbolic picture representing which I currently call "the execution of the judgment pronounced" as the judges equated the sins to a debt(restitution) depending on the lawless works committed.

Restitution is what the judgments laws teaches. The law of Jubilee is the context the payments of that debt is going to be process. Jesus and the overcomers are not going to judge contrary to God's own law and oversee the execution of the court judgment outside of the context of the law of Jubilee.

All of you guys that believe in a literal Hell fire as the 2nd death; you have equated all of God's judgment as one single penalty -- passing His children into a LITERAL FIRE that scripture is very clear that this has not passed in God's own mind and it was the way of MOLECH. (read Jer 19:5; Jer 32:35) This is far from being the Lord's way. Nor is this penalty serving any JUSTICE because it is contrary to the law.

Last edited by Elle; 09/12/16 02:13 PM. Reason: changed first section after more thoughts.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #181413
09/12/16 04:22 PM
09/12/16 04:22 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Quote:
All of you guys that believe in a literal Hell fire as the 2nd death; you have equated all of God's judgment as one single penalty -- passing His children into a LITERAL FIRE ...
If you want to see what the second death looks like, look at Christ's death on the cross.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: APL] #181414
09/12/16 06:50 PM
09/12/16 06:50 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
All of you guys that believe in a literal Hell fire as the 2nd death; you have equated all of God's judgment as one single penalty -- passing His children into a LITERAL FIRE ...
If you want to see what the second death looks like, look at Christ's death on the cross.

? And did He burn in a literal Fire??? No. He didn't and He resurrected to life after.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #181416
09/12/16 08:21 PM
09/12/16 08:21 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
There was no literal fire, and the quote "all of you guys" is incorrect. What was raised, but why? Does His death demonstrate that all will be raised after the second death? Nope! And did Christ have some "spiritual death"? Nope! But I'll leave it for you others to contemplate the the resurrection of Christ as I have gone over that before...

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #181417
09/12/16 08:30 PM
09/12/16 08:30 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Elle

Oh! [To make a statement -- I believe we have CHOICES but no free will in terms that God sovereignty is above our choices via events and His judgments]

Am I understanding right? : So because you do not agree with my "no free will" view derived from some verses from the Bible that I refuse to ignore ... you will not respond to other discussion subjects that I'm involve? Is this the case?

If so, this seems immature to me at the same time an convenient evasive excuse to ignore the discussion at hand and important questions raised that challenges your view.

I'm led to think that your answer is blank not because of my "no free will" view but rather because you have no answer to give and prefer to ignore those texts.

Maybe kland can answer for you. If not.... then I'll leave this long side tracked off-topic debate that you, kland, dedication, and Green were having ---- for what??? ---- over 12 pages worth of discussion, and I'll proceeds to the discussion at hand.
Elle, if APL has no free will, then he has no answer because it comes from elsewhere. You have already determined what his answer is. He has no choice in the matter.

Yes, we must take all scripture under view, and this I see APL and Tom has done. And you take all scripture under view, too, except you bend and twist it to meet your pre-determined beliefs rather than let scripture explain scripture.

You even twist Hebrew meanings. Repent. Turn. How are they different? "Surely after that I was turned, I repented;" That's not two things, but two words for one thing. Again, what is the difference? He turned from his ways; he repented from his ways.

Elle, is the first death literal or spiritual?

Page 32 of 32 1 2 30 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!