HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 95 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 94 95
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: His child] #179486
02/21/16 04:14 AM
02/21/16 04:14 AM
K
Karen Y  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Quote:
The great red dragon in Rev 12 had 7-heads depicting: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, pagan Rome, and papal Rome.

When we consider the time frame of the great red dragon who stood before the woman to devour her child, Jesus, as soon as it was born, the seven heads of the dragon would be signifying the counterpart powers against the God's church, which is the seven churches.

Rev. 1:4 "John to the seven churches....and from the seven Spirits..."

The Holy Spirit "saith unto the churches" to every church of the seven churches. We understand that there is no seven different Spirits but only one Holy Spirit (Eph. 4:4). It is figure of speech to say 'seven Spirits' because the Holy Spirit involved actively for each of the seven churches.
Rev. 3:1 "...These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God..."

Likewise, the dragon with the seven heads would be depicting the counterpart of the seven churches to oppose the working of God for His church.

Rev. 12:12 "...Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

Notice that the beast rise up from the sea also has 'seven heads' which the imagery parallels with the dragon. Obviously the dragon gave this beast his power, his seat, and great authority to go against the seven churches as his agent.

Rev. 13:1 "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy".

I understand that this beast has features of the beast in the Book of Daniel but without any mention of head. The beast rise up out of the sea is having seven heads and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. Why each head of the seven would have the name of blasphemy?

Rev. 13:6 said, "And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven".

Remember that Jesus said, "to him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne" Rev. 3:21

Jesus has set on the throne of God in heaven when the seven church dispensation periods started but the beast with the seven heads is saying, 'worship me' through out the christian era. So the beast blasphemes God.

Rev. 13:4 "And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

This beast has "full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns" Rev. 17:3. Who sits on the seven headed beast? The harlot woman who "drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration" Rev. 17:6. Many martyrs of Jesus accumulated after the cross of Calvary during the church dispensational periods. Therefore it makes better sense to interpret the seven heads as the counterpart forces against the seven churches.

Rev. 17:9 says, "And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth."

The evil forces of the seven heads may appear like a force of mountain which is against the seven churches. God's people need to have wisdom to make war with the seven headed beast under the banner of the Lamb.

The seven churches of God is the militant church. The great red dragon knows that so he comes down unto the church with great wrath in his seven heads.

Rev. 12:3 "And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads".

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #179494
02/21/16 10:28 PM
02/21/16 10:28 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Karen Y

The three unclean spirits are named after their religious influences which all have received their powers from the Dragon, the Satan. Therefore, it is incorrect to interpret the dragon of the three unclean spirits as 'kings of the earth'.

Pastor Kenneth Cox has explained in his latest book, Four Winds of Revelation, about the three unclean spirits.
Quote:
What do the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet have in common? They each have "unclean spirits like frogs" coming out of their mouths. And how do frogs catch their prey? With their tongues. These false prophets seek to deceive others via their spiritual beliefs. The dragon's belief is paganism; the beast's is Roman catholicism; and the false prophet's is apostate Protestantism. Therefore, whatever the three unite on, it must be something on which paganism, Catholicism, and Protestantism all agree. Four Winds of Revelation page 61-62, Pacific Press Publishing Association July 2015

Though I highly respect Pastor Cox, his views are to be compared to the Scriptures as anyone else's.

Dragon=Satan

Rev_12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Notice that when the same three individuals are cited here the dragon is listed as the devil, who is cast into the lake of fire with the beast and the false prophet

Rev_20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are..."

Regarding the logic about the dragon's tongue:

Joh_8:44 the devil... When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

the beast is Roman Catholicism = Pope Francis I the head of the RC

Regarding the logic about Pope Francis' tongue:

Papists teach "that certain individuals [popes and priests] are the sole guardians of truth and knowledge, that men have no right to search the Scriptures for themselves, but must accept the explanations given by the Fathers of the church " {GW92 125.1} [pope=papa=father]

"Satan sought to correct the law of God in heaven, and ... virtually declared God to be fallible. The pope also ... virtually says to the world, I will give you better laws than those of Jehovah. What an insult is this to the God of heaven!" {ST, November 19, 1894 par. 2}

But as to the identity of the false prophet being Apostate America?

Rev_16:13 "And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet."

Rev_19:20 "And the beast was taken, and with him [Francis an individual] the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he [the false prophet an individual] deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

"It was far more agreeable to the people to receive the message of the false prophet, who predicted prosperity; therefore it was received." {4T 172.1}

In the book "Pope Benedict in the Holy Land" Benedict XVI repeatedly spoke of prosperity and peace:

"May he [God] bless Jordan with prosperity and peace!" (p. 10)

"As I bid you farewell...I pray that you may enjoy peace and prosperity, now and for generations to come." (p. 51)

"The Gospel reassures us that God can make all things new, that history need not be repeated, that memories can be healed, that the bitter fruits of recrimination, and hostility can be overcome, and that a future of justice, peace, prosperity, and cooperation can arise for every man and woman, for the whole human family, and in a special way for the people who dwell in this land so dear to the heart of the Savior." (p. 130)

While Pope Benedict XVI was in the Holy Land, His message was of peace and safety. But God's word warns of Armageddon-not peace and safety to the Mideast.

The messages from the tongue of Benedict are those of a false prophet.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #179496
02/22/16 03:38 PM
02/22/16 03:38 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Quote:
The great red dragon in Rev 12 had 7-heads depicting: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, pagan Rome, and papal Rome.

When we consider the time frame of the great red dragon who stood before the woman to devour her child, Jesus, as soon as it was born, the seven heads of the dragon would be signifying the counterpart powers against the God's church, which is the seven churches.

Karen,

The quote that you cited is right on.

But Imagine entities in the 7-churches trying to kill the Manchild

That would be like the Church of Israel in Christ's day that compelled Rome to crucify Christ repeating its actions seven times.

Timeframe in Rev 12:

FACT:
Before Satan was on earth

Rev 12:3 "And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads."

It was a wonder that Satan could appear in Heaven (where God dwells) or in the starry heaven.

Luke 10:18 "And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."

Fact:
The symbolic PREGNANT woman standing on the moon depicts Israel & its 12 tribes before the Manchild was born.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

FACTS:
There were about 1260-years from Moses birth in Egypt until Christ's birth

Egypt issued a death decree to kill the Manchild
Assyria annihilated Israel and tried to do the same to Judah (to kill the Manchild)
Babylon castrated men in David's line to prevent the Manchild's birth
Medo-Persia had a universal Jewish death decree (to kill the Manchild)
Greece under Antiochus IV persecuted the Jews (to kill the Manchild)
Pagan Rome - Herod tried to kill the Manchild in Bethlehem
Pagan Rome killed the Manchild, who arose from the dead and ascended to heaven.

Papal Rome tried to kill the Manchild's people for 1260-years
and that is enlarged and explained in Rev 13

FACT:
After the Manchild ascends to heaven, the meaning of Revelation 12 is repeated in Rev 13

FACTS:
The papal beast in Rev 13 is described in similar terms as the beast in Rev 12
Both beasts are allotted 1260-years/days to war against the Manchild

More later (maybe)

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: His child] #179508
02/25/16 12:00 AM
02/25/16 12:00 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: kland
IMHO--A more up to date view:

out of the mouth of the dragon -- Satan posing as Pope John-Paul II
out of the mouth of the beast -- Pope Francis I
out of the mouth of the false prophet -- Pope Benedict Emeritus

But this seems nothing but confusion. Do you disagree with Ellen White?

Does Ellen White say what you think she says?

I'd like to see where you find that she is supposed to disagree with what I shared.

I await your reply from the pen of EGW.
Show where Ellen White says that either the dragon or false prophet represents any pope, let alone some specific pope.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #179509
02/25/16 12:05 AM
02/25/16 12:05 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

The three unclean spirits are named after their religious influences which all have received their powers from the Dragon, the Satan. Therefore, it is incorrect to interpret the dragon of the three unclean spirits as 'kings of the earth'.
Karen, this is the heart of what I disagree, of which you have not explained how it's possible.

It is NOT the dragon of three unclean spirits. The dragon is of only ONE unclean spirit.

See your quote:
Quote:
Pastor Kenneth Cox has explained in his latest book, Four Winds of Revelation, about the three unclean spirits.
Quote:
What do the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet have in common? They each have "unclean spirits like frogs" coming out of their mouths. And how do frogs catch their prey? With their tongues. These false prophets seek to deceive others via their spiritual beliefs. The dragon's belief is paganism; the beast's is Roman catholicism; and the false prophet's is apostate Protestantism. Therefore, whatever the three unite on, it must be something on which paganism, Catholicism, and Protestantism all agree. Four Winds of Revelation page 61-62, Pacific Press Publishing Association July 2015

They each. Each of what? Three things: Dragon, beast, false prophet.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #179510
02/25/16 12:11 AM
02/25/16 12:11 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
FACTS:
QUESTIONS:
Why should you start counting at Moses?

Which Bible Manuscripts suggest 1260 years from Moses birth in Egypt until Christ's birth?

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: kland] #179518
02/26/16 12:37 AM
02/26/16 12:37 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Show where Ellen White says that either the dragon or false prophet represents any pope, let alone some specific pope.

Kland

Though you never answered my question, you asked a fair question so I will give you an honest answer.

But I won't spend allot of time rehashing it. I have posted much of the information on different threads on this forum and I have a book available that goes over it step by step. If you want an e-book with the full story send me a PM.

Originally Posted By: Bible
"And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition" (Rev. 17:11-12).

And there are seven kings/popes:
five are fallen:
1)Pius XI
2)Pius XII
3)John XXIII
4)Paul VI
5)John-Paul I

and one is:
6)John-Paul II

and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space:

7)Benedict XVI

Originally Posted By: EG White
"The number 7 indicates completeness, and is symbolic of the fact that the messages extend to the end of time, while the symbols used reveal the condition of the church at different periods in the history of the world." {AA 585.3}

Babylonian custom the king in office on New years day (29 March)got credit for the entire year until 28 March.

Pope John-Paul II died 2 April 2005 - Benedict ascension year completed John-Paul II's final year.

Benedict XVI's first year began 29 March 2006 (after he completed John-Paul II's last year).

Benedict XVI's time in office was from 29 March 2006 to 28 February 2013. Benedict XVI left office about a month short of 7-years= a short space.

Because I understood that a short space was less than the number of completeness, I tweeted 8 times from 9/01/2011 to 9/30/2012 Benedict tweets that concluded: Benedict XVI won't be pope in 2013, who's going to be the new pope? And he might last till Spring of 2013. They are in the Twitter archives dated during the 14-months before Benedict resigned.

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth:

John-Paul II received a deadly wound and survived
like the papacy that was world dominant for 1260-years
and dead because of a deadly wound
and alive again when the deadly wound was healed in 1929

Knowing the state of the dead John-Paul II cannot come back to life BUT THIS KING

is of the seven, and goeth into perdition:

Satan goes to perdition:

Rev_17:8 "The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

Rev 20:1-3 "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

Satan is the one that's comes from beneath (the bottomless pit) and goes into perdition.

"As the second appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ draws near, satanic agencies are moved from beneath. Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions. While the former lays the foundation of Spiritualism, the latter creates a bond of sympathy with Rome. Protestantism will yet stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of Spiritualism; she will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, our country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience. {4SP 405.1}

A pope would qualify as a human being.

"Satan will not only appear as a human being, but he will personate Jesus Christ; and the world who has rejected the truth will receive him as the Lord of lords and King of kings. He will exercise his power, and work upon the human imagination. He will corrupt both the minds and the bodies of men, and will work through the children of disobedience, fascinating and charming, as does a serpent. What a spectacle will the world be for heavenly intelligences! What a spectacle for God, the Creator of the world, to behold! The form Satan assumed in Eden when leading our first parents to transgress, was of a character to bewilder and confuse the mind. He will work in as subtle a manner as we near the end of earth's history. All his deceiving power will be brought to bear upon human subjects, to complete the work of deluding the human family. So deceptive will be his working, that men will do as they did in the days of Christ; ... Christ will be represented in the person of those who accept the truth, and who identify their interest with that of their Lord." {RH, April 14, 1896 par. 6}

"Here is a test, and, Brother..., you can apply it if you will. You need not go in uncertainty and doubt. Satan is at hand to suggest a variety of doubts, but if you will open your eyes in faith you will find sufficient evidence for belief. But God will never remove from any man all causes for doubts. Those who love to dwell in the atmosphere of doubt and questioning unbelief can have the unenviable privilege. God gives sufficient evidence for the candid mind to believe; but he who turns from the weight of evidence because there are a few things which he cannot make plain to his finite understanding will be left in the cold, chilling atmosphere of unbelief and questioning doubts, and will make shipwreck of faith. You have seemed to consider it a virtue to be on the side of the doubting rather than on the side of the believing. Jesus never praised unbelief; He never commended doubts. He gave to His nation evidences of His Messiahship in the miracles He wrought, but there were some who considered it a virtue to doubt and who would reason these evidences away and find something in every good work to question and censure. {4T 232.1}

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: kland] #179519
02/26/16 01:04 AM
02/26/16 01:04 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Quote:
FACTS:
QUESTIONS:

Which Bible Manuscripts suggest 1260 years from Moses birth in Egypt until Christ's birth?

"William F. Albright, the leading biblical archaeologist of the mid-20th century, proposed a date of around 1250–1200 BCE"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus

Jewish History

"Torah Given (1313 BCE)

On the 6th Sivan of the year 2448 from creation (1313 BCE), seven weeks after the Exodus, G-d revealed Himself on Mount Sinai. The entire people of Israel (600,000 heads of households and their families), as well as the souls of all future generations of Jews, heard G-d declare the first two of the Ten Commandments and witnessed G-d's communication of the other eight through Moses. Following the revelation, Moses ascended the mountain for 40 days, to receive the remainder of the Torah from G-d." http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day_cdo/aid/282243/jewish/Torah-Given.htm

They cannot date the Exodus exactly any better than we can prove the date of the stoning of Stephen.

The context of Rev 12 is the dragon using pagan powers to kill the Manchild. The Bible says that Egypt's pharaoh ordered that the male Hebrews be drowned 80-years before the Exodus. The context aligns Egypt as the first pagan nation that tried to kill the Messiah that was born 1260-years later.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: His child] #179573
02/29/16 05:29 PM
02/29/16 05:29 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Kland

Though you never answered my question, you asked a fair question so I will give you an honest answer.

But I won't spend allot of time rehashing it. I have posted much of the information on different threads on this forum and I have a book available that goes over it step by step. If you want an e-book with the full story send me a PM.

"And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition" (Rev. 17:11-12).

And there are seven kings/popes:
five are fallen:
1)Pius XI
2)Pius XII
3)John XXIII
4)Paul VI
5)John-Paul I

and one is:
6)John-Paul II

and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space:

7)Benedict XVI

"The number 7 indicates completeness, and is symbolic of the fact that the messages extend to the end of time, while the symbols used reveal the condition of the church at different periods in the history of the world." {AA 585.3}

Babylonian custom the king in office on New years day (29 March)got credit for the entire year until 28 March.

Pope John-Paul II died 2 April 2005 - Benedict ascension year completed John-Paul II's final year.

Benedict XVI's first year began 29 March 2006 (after he completed John-Paul II's last year).

Benedict XVI's time in office was from 29 March 2006 to 28 February 2013. Benedict XVI left office about a month short of 7-years= a short space.

Because I understood that a short space was less than the number of completeness, I tweeted 8 times from 9/01/2011 to 9/30/2012 Benedict tweets that concluded: Benedict XVI won't be pope in 2013, who's going to be the new pope? And he might last till Spring of 2013. They are in the Twitter archives dated during the 14-months before Benedict resigned.

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth:

John-Paul II received a deadly wound and survived
like the papacy that was world dominant for 1260-years
and dead because of a deadly wound
and alive again when the deadly wound was healed in 1929

Knowing the state of the dead John-Paul II cannot come back to life BUT THIS KING

is of the seven, and goeth into perdition:

Satan goes to perdition:

Rev_17:8 "The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

Rev 20:1-3 "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

Satan is the one that's comes from beneath (the bottomless pit) and goes into perdition.

"As the second appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ draws near, satanic agencies are moved from beneath. Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions. While the former lays the foundation of Spiritualism, the latter creates a bond of sympathy with Rome. Protestantism will yet stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of Spiritualism; she will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, our country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience. {4SP 405.1}

A pope would qualify as a human being.

"Satan will not only appear as a human being, but he will personate Jesus Christ; and the world who has rejected the truth will receive him as the Lord of lords and King of kings. He will exercise his power, and work upon the human imagination. He will corrupt both the minds and the bodies of men, and will work through the children of disobedience, fascinating and charming, as does a serpent. What a spectacle will the world be for heavenly intelligences! What a spectacle for God, the Creator of the world, to behold! The form Satan assumed in Eden when leading our first parents to transgress, was of a character to bewilder and confuse the mind. He will work in as subtle a manner as we near the end of earth's history. All his deceiving power will be brought to bear upon human subjects, to complete the work of deluding the human family. So deceptive will be his working, that men will do as they did in the days of Christ; ... Christ will be represented in the person of those who accept the truth, and who identify their interest with that of their Lord." {RH, April 14, 1896 par. 6}

"Here is a test, and, Brother..., you can apply it if you will. You need not go in uncertainty and doubt. Satan is at hand to suggest a variety of doubts, but if you will open your eyes in faith you will find sufficient evidence for belief. But God will never remove from any man all causes for doubts. Those who love to dwell in the atmosphere of doubt and questioning unbelief can have the unenviable privilege. God gives sufficient evidence for the candid mind to believe; but he who turns from the weight of evidence because there are a few things which he cannot make plain to his finite understanding will be left in the cold, chilling atmosphere of unbelief and questioning doubts, and will make shipwreck of faith. You have seemed to consider it a virtue to be on the side of the doubting rather than on the side of the believing. Jesus never praised unbelief; He never commended doubts. He gave to His nation evidences of His Messiahship in the miracles He wrought, but there were some who considered it a virtue to doubt and who would reason these evidences away and find something in every good work to question and censure. {4T 232.1}

Yes, I understand you saying the dragon or false prophet represents popes, but I was asking

Quote:
Does Ellen White say what you think she says?

I'd like to see where you find that she is supposed to disagree with what I shared.

I await your reply from the pen of EGW.
Yes, I believe Ellen White, but how can I show where she disagrees with you? There's nothing the same. So, I guess, everything? That's why I didn't answer, couldn't answer. There's no basis between you and her.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: His child] #179574
02/29/16 05:31 PM
02/29/16 05:31 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
FACTS:
QUESTIONS:

"William F. Albright, the leading biblical archaeologist of the mid-20th century, proposed a date of around 1250–1200 BCE"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus

Jewish History

"Torah Given (1313 BCE)

On the 6th Sivan of the year 2448 from creation (1313 BCE), seven weeks after the Exodus, G-d revealed Himself on Mount Sinai. The entire people of Israel (600,000 heads of households and their families), as well as the souls of all future generations of Jews, heard G-d declare the first two of the Ten Commandments and witnessed G-d's communication of the other eight through Moses. Following the revelation, Moses ascended the mountain for 40 days, to receive the remainder of the Torah from G-d." http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day_cdo/aid/282243/jewish/Torah-Given.htm

They cannot date the Exodus exactly any better than we can prove the date of the stoning of Stephen.

The context of Rev 12 is the dragon using pagan powers to kill the Manchild. The Bible says that Egypt's pharaoh ordered that the male Hebrews be drowned 80-years before the Exodus. The context aligns Egypt as the first pagan nation that tried to kill the Messiah that was born 1260-years later.

Is that same as saying, no good reason other than within 50 years of what one dude proposed?

Page 42 of 95 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 94 95

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!