HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pope Claims Christ Sinned! #179696
03/09/16 11:31 AM
03/09/16 11:31 AM
ProdigalOne  Online Content OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

I happened upon this nugget of Papal blaspheme today:

Vatican City, Dec 27, 2015 / 10:03 am, CNA (Catholic News Agency)

"The Pope reflected on the Sunday reading from the Gospel of Luke in which a young Jesus stayed in Jerusalem in the Temple, causing great distress to Mary and Joseph when they could not find him.

“For this little ‘escapade,’ Jesus probably had to beg forgiveness of his parents,” the Pope suggested. “The Gospel doesn’t say this, but I believe that we can presume it.

He said that Mary’s question to Jesus, “why have you treated us like this?” contains “a certain reproach, revealing the concern and anguish which she and Joseph felt.” The Pope that Jesus “surely remained close” to Mary and Joseph as a sign of his “complete affection and obedience.”"

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/p...ards-god-20282/

Francis says: "Jesus probably had to beg forgiveness"... "I believe that we can presume it." Since, the Pope claims infallibility when "he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church," his statement labels Jesus as a SINNER. A doctrine that over a billion Catholics are now obligated to accept!

Further, his statement: "that Mary’s question to Jesus, “why have you treated us like this?” contains “a certain reproach," appears to suggest that Mary is the accuser of Christ and that it is mainly of her that He must "beg forgiveness"!

Here we have Christ painted as a sinner, and therefore an unworthy sin offering. Sorry folks, no redemption at the foot of the Cross!
We also have Mary as the one "reproached" by Jesus and subsequently "begged for forgiveness"! Guess what folks, according to the Pope, Jesus failed and Mary is your Intercessor!

Papal infallibility:

"Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church that states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error "When, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church."

Wikipedia

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #179707
03/10/16 09:13 AM
03/10/16 09:13 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne

"The Pope reflected on the Sunday reading from the Gospel of Luke in which a young Jesus stayed in Jerusalem in the Temple, causing great distress to Mary and Joseph when they could not find him.

“For this little ‘escapade,’ Jesus probably had to beg forgiveness of his parents,” the Pope suggested. “The Gospel doesn’t say this, but I believe that we can presume it.

He said that Mary’s question to Jesus, “why have you treated us like this?” contains “a certain reproach, revealing the concern and anguish which she and Joseph felt.” The Pope that Jesus “surely remained close” to Mary and Joseph as a sign of his “complete affection and obedience.”"

Francis says: "Jesus probably had to beg forgiveness"... "I believe that we can presume it." Since, the Pope claims infallibility when "he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church," his statement labels Jesus as a SINNER. A doctrine that over a billion Catholics are now obligated to accept!

Further, his statement: "that Mary’s question to Jesus, “why have you treated us like this?” contains “a certain reproach," appears to suggest that Mary is the accuser of Christ and that it is mainly of her that He must "beg forgiveness"!

Here we have Christ painted as a sinner, and therefore an unworthy sin offering. Sorry folks, no redemption at the foot of the Cross!
We also have Mary as the one "reproached" by Jesus and subsequently "begged for forgiveness"! Guess what folks, according to the Pope, Jesus failed and Mary is your Intercessor!

Papal infallibility:

"Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church that states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error "When, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church."

Wikipedia

This pope can say anything and get away with it. He even said once that God isn't divine! Can you believe it? Believe it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Du4kCjjCd0

Start at about the 18:20 mark.

Published on Jun 1, 2015
To All Catholics - The Failure of the Cross? https://youtu.be/S5urWW3ucEY
A Woman Rides the Beast - The Catholic Church and the Last Days - Dave Hunt (Documentary) https://youtu.be/IY7Rp94Z5xE
Upload by permission of ChristInProphecy http://www.youtube.com/ChristInProphecy
Lamb & Lion Ministries http://www.lamblion.com/

Every once in a while evangelicals get it right for the most part, and this one such time.

Last edited by Alchemy; 03/10/16 09:14 AM.
Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #179718
03/11/16 01:29 AM
03/11/16 01:29 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
God not divine!?! Wow, the arrogance of Francis leaves me speechless, sometimes!

Thanks for the links. Dave Hunt was so knowledgable about prophesy, it's amazing that he didn't accept the Sabbath truth.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #179721
03/11/16 03:46 AM
03/11/16 03:46 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Yeah.

I had thought at one time he was a Seventh-day Adventist, but, I must be wrong.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #179727
03/11/16 04:50 PM
03/11/16 04:50 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

I believe Mr Hunt was a member of the Plymouth Brethren.

One Plymoth Brethren writer, William Kelly, claimed that the Sabbath existed in the Old Testament, was replaced by Sunday, "the Lord's Day, in the New Testament, and will become the Saturday Sabbath once more after Christ's return!

This is the first time I have come across this theory. It's quite an interesting method of circumventing verses like Isaiah 66:23, that show Sabbath will be kept in the future kingdom.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #179733
03/12/16 02:31 AM
03/12/16 02:31 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
God not divine!?! Wow, the arrogance of Francis leaves me speechless, sometimes!

Thanks for the links. Dave Hunt was so knowledgable about prophesy, it's amazing that he didn't accept the Sabbath truth.

Do not be stupidly alarmist!

Pope Francis said that God was not "a divine being" (like just another mythological gnostic spirit) but THE Divine Being, from whom all things exist.

///

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #179734
03/12/16 02:39 AM
03/12/16 02:39 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

Papal infallibility:

Wikipedia

Do not be stupidly alarmist!

Asking for forgiveness of another person is indicative of humility; and Jesus DID cause Mary and Joseph certain pain and consternation. After all, they were looking for him a pretty long time, and it says at the end, He went with them and was subject to them thereafter.

///

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #179742
03/12/16 03:09 PM
03/12/16 03:09 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
"...whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

What do you think about Matthew 5:22, my friend, James Son of Peter?

By telling Alchemy and I not to be "stupidly alarmist", you appear to be
in danger of putting your "immortal soul"in jeopardy of "eternal" hell fire!

An "eternity" of being pitchfork flipped like a demonic hamburger patty hardly seems worth a moment of angry venting over an insult to your "Roman Father".

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #179748
03/12/16 04:47 PM
03/12/16 04:47 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
"...whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

What do you think about Matthew 5:22, my friend, James Son of Peter?

By telling Alchemy and I not to be "stupidly alarmist", you appear to be
in danger of putting your "immortal soul"in jeopardy of "eternal" hell fire!

An "eternity" of being pitchfork flipped like a demonic hamburger patty hardly seems worth a moment of angry venting over an insult to your "Roman Father".

It seems James wants to interpret Pope Francis his own way. Well, he can do that.

But, I simply take Pope Francis at his word.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #179750
03/12/16 08:54 PM
03/12/16 08:54 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

I agree. I believe Francis is extremely calculating in his word choices.
He must be perfectly well aware of the significance his statements have on Catholics, especially in view of the doctrine of papal infallibility.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: Alchemy] #179752
03/12/16 09:07 PM
03/12/16 09:07 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Alchemy said:

"It seems James wants to interpret Pope Francis his own way. Well, he can do that.

But, I simply take Pope Francis at his word."

I do wish James would come clean. I would love to know what church he attends each Sunday. Catholic would seem to be the obvious choice, but some of the other denominations, particularly the Charismatic ones, have become extremely militant in their pro-Catholic views. The ecumenical movement is hard at work!

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #179767
03/13/16 11:49 AM
03/13/16 11:49 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Alchemy said:

"It seems James wants to interpret Pope Francis his own way. Well, he can do that.

But, I simply take Pope Francis at his word."

I do wish James would come clean. I would love to know what church he attends each Sunday. Catholic would seem to be the obvious choice, but some of the other denominations, particularly the Charismatic ones, have become extremely militant in their pro-Catholic views. The ecumenical movement is hard at work!

If I remember correctly, I think James once said he was Seventh-day Adventist. I believe that was proven false, though.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180568
05/14/16 11:08 PM
05/14/16 11:08 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
It is amazing that evangelical Christians don't show any great abhorrence for what this pope says. I know I posted an interview where we hear some remarks about Pope Francis I. But, not much.

Let the Seventh-day Adventist Church talk like that and see what happens.

Protestantism needs to learn how to protest again.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180589
05/21/16 11:27 AM
05/21/16 11:27 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Amen to that!

The evangelicals seem to be enthralled by the spirit of this time and place. How can so many sincere souls be so hoodwinked? They see a harmless, saintly, old man talking about unity, compromise, and acceptance. How is it they do not see the arrogance of this usurper of God's throne? How can they not hear the insults to Christ, the veiled threats against all who would follow God, the echo of millions upon millions of murdered innocents reverberating down through the ages, the promise that Rome does not change? How can they not see what is coming?

It's easy to forget that the physical world is not all there is:

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]." Ephesians 6:12

There are dark spiritual forces that work to deceive, to turn eyes and ears away from the urgent warnings of God.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180590
05/21/16 08:08 PM
05/21/16 08:08 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I agree Prodigal that the Pope made a serious mistake that can't be explained away by saying that Jesus would merely be showing humility by confessing his wrong. An "escapade" that required Jesus to ask forgiveness from his parents puts Jesus in a false light. The scriptures say clearly that Christ was "that holy thing" that He knew no sin, that in Him was light and no darkness at all and to the Jews Christ asked "Which of you convinceth me of sin?" John 8:46 If the Pope had read the account and accepted it as it reads he would have seen that in answer to Mary's intended gentle rebuke Jesus, rather than apologizing replied: "How is it that ye sought me? Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?" Luke 2:49.

But my understanding is that the Pope did not bind the church by his falsehood because he wasn't speaking ex cathedra; that is he wasn't making a doctrinal pronouncement but only giving his personal opinion. But as leader of probably the largest world denomination and as someone who has studied the word of God he is accountable to God for this betrayal of the trust of his flock.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: Alchemy] #180592
05/22/16 12:33 AM
05/22/16 12:33 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
It is amazing that evangelical Christians don't show any great abhorrence for what this pope says.

Because they have learnt the nuances of language and can intelligently understand statements in context. Essentially, they have grown up; and do not raise false alarms like naive little school boys.

///

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: Charity] #180598
05/22/16 07:13 PM
05/22/16 07:13 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
I agree Prodigal that the Pope made a serious mistake that can't be explained away by saying that Jesus would merely be showing humility by confessing his wrong. An "escapade" that required Jesus to ask forgiveness from his parents puts Jesus in a false light. The scriptures say clearly that Christ was "that holy thing" that He knew no sin, that in Him was light and no darkness at all and to the Jews Christ asked "Which of you convinceth me of sin?" John 8:46 If the Pope had read the account and accepted it as it reads he would have seen that in answer to Mary's intended gentle rebuke Jesus, rather than apologizing replied: "How is it that ye sought me? Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?" Luke 2:49.

But my understanding is that the Pope did not bind the church by his falsehood because he wasn't speaking ex cathedra; that is he wasn't making a doctrinal pronouncement but only giving his personal opinion. But as leader of probably the largest world denomination and as someone who has studied the word of God he is accountable to God for this betrayal of the trust of his flock.

You may be right, Mark. Papal infallibility is a muddy doctrine. Some definitions claim the pope must declare he is defining, ex cathedra, a doctrine and that the church is therefore bound to believe his definition. Others state that he merely has to define a doctrine in his capacity as "shepherd and teacher of all Christians". I found one claim that only when the pope is sitting are his pronouncements infallible: since ex cathedra literally means "from the chair". (that last one is my favorite!)

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180608
05/24/16 03:41 PM
05/24/16 03:41 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Actually it was the parents that sinned. It was their responsibility to take care of the child, Jesus, but they were so engrossed with their own things, that they lost sight of Jesus.
Jesus was still in the same place where they had left Him.

In this is an important lesson for us --
it is so easy to get engrossed with our things that we too loose sight of Jesus, and sometimes it takes a lot of prayerful searching to find Him again.

I agree that the Pope was presenting this event all wrong.

But what about some Adventists who are so intent on elevating human righteousness to the same level as Christ's righteousness that they insist Christ had the same carnal nature that we are born with, and had to overcome it. If they allow no difference in Christ's nature, they are by default (even if they deny it) saying that Christ had sin in His life that He had to overcome.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180629
05/25/16 05:37 PM
05/25/16 05:37 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I'm not sure I understand, dedication. How does Christ overcoming carnal nature equate with elevating human righteousness to the same level as His? Even if we overcome our carnal nature, we will still have lost to it at some point: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God".

Only Jesus has achieved a righteousness that has never been defeated.
Our so called overcoming is merely a faint shadow of the perfection of Christ.

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin."
Hebrews 4:15

Is it possible to be "in all points tempted like as [we are]" without a carnal nature?

Also, is it a sin to be tempted by one's carnal nature if by the grace of God every battle is won and the humanly inherited nature is overcome?

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180645
05/27/16 06:51 AM
05/27/16 06:51 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Not sure I understand your questions.

I don't believe Christ had a carnal nature.
To believe Christ had a carnal nature implies that He had sin, which is worse than what the pope just said.
I've been in churches where some believed Christ was exactly like us -- the discussions got quite heated, and very evident that they wanted a Christ who had a lot of sin inside himself that He needed to overcome. Of course they claimed that the sin never manifested itself in actions, therefore they still claimed they believed Christ never sinned. However, their idea of a sinless Saviour was totally destroyed by their insistence that He had all this sin inside Himself in the same way humans have sin inside.

By dragging Christ down to our level of "sinful nature" people can then elevate their own righteousness, saying, well Christ had to battle this tendency as well, so I don't feel so bad about it.

When we drag Christ down to our level, we drag down the standard. Then we see in Christ a man struggling against sin, not a perfect life.

Christ didn't have to be "born again" -- He didn't have to overcome a carnal nature. He abhorred sin, it pained Him. He had the spiritual nature from the beginning.

I agree with you that our "overcoming" is but a faint shadow of the perfection of Christ.

There are three natures --
1.The carnal nature, the nature at enmity against God and His law.
2.The natural human nature, the human nature with legitimate needs and desires, that aren't sinful in themselves, but can become sinful.
3.The spiritual nature, which comes only when a person is in connection with God.

We are born with both a natural and carnal nature.
Our carnal state turns our natural needs and desires into sinful thoughts and actions. We must be born again, of the Spirit, to newness of life, only then can we even begin the spiritual walk.

Christ was born with both a natural and spiritual nature.
His spiritual nature, always in connection with His Father, kept his natural human needs and desires under the will of Father, at all times.

There is a dual nature here, Christ's spiritual nature is sinless, yet he takes on human FLESH with all the consequences that sin has wrecked on the human body. His spiritual nature does not possess the evil passions common to the carnal, sinful nature. The carnal nature is compatible to evil, Christ's spiritual nature recoils from evil.

How then can He be tempted in all points as we are?

-- He was tempted FAR MORE than we are.

Sin, when broken down to it's basic reality, is basically the desire to be our own "gods". It is defying God's authority, and doing what we please.

Christ took humanity, and it was agreed in the councils of God, that He would live as a human and not use His Divinity, but place Himself totally under the will of the Father and do only that which the Father commissioned Him to do.

Quote:
RH.1875-04-01
It was a difficult task for the Prince of Life to carry out the plan which he had undertaken for the salvation of man, in clothing his divinity with humanity. He had received honor in the heavenly courts, and was familiar with absolute power. It was as difficult for him to keep the level of humanity as it is for men to rise above the low level of their depraved natures, and be partakers of the divine nature.

Christ was put to the closest test, requiring the strength of all his faculties to resist the inclination when in danger, to use his power to deliver himself from peril, and triumph over the power of the prince of darkness. Satan showed his knowledge of the weak points of the human heart, and put forth his utmost power to take advantage of the weakness of the humanity which Christ had assumed in order to overcome his temptations on man's account.

Satan's temptations to Jesus was to try and get Jesus to step out of that role.
He does the same with us -- though for us it's kind of silly for us to think we can be our own "god". But for Christ, it was NOT silly. He WAS GOD, fully divine.
But He must put aside His former power and glory, and live as a man, doing the will of the Father in heaven.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180660
05/31/16 07:12 AM
05/31/16 07:12 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
I'm not sure I understand, dedication. How does Christ overcoming carnal nature equate with elevating human righteousness to the same level as His? Even if we overcome our carnal nature, we will still have lost to it at some point: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God".

Only Jesus has achieved a righteousness that has never been defeated.
Our so called overcoming is merely a faint shadow of the perfection of Christ.

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin."

Is it possible to be "in all points tempted like as [we are]" without a carnal nature?

Also, is it a sin to be tempted by one's carnal nature if by the grace of God every battle is won and the humanly inherited nature is overcome?

I believe that Christ suffered with a flesh that was after the flesh of Abraham. But, Christ never sinned and became carnal as we are. Christ never lost His moral purity.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180661
05/31/16 03:29 PM
05/31/16 03:29 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Perhaps I am not understanding the terms being used. What is the definition of a carnal nature?
Are human beings born with a carnal nature, or is it something we acquire by succumbing to temptations of what dedication calls our natural human nature?

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180687
06/06/16 05:22 AM
06/06/16 05:22 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Carnal nature--
The carnal nature is sin within, enmity against God's law.

Yes, when we are born our natural nature is equipped with the carnal nature -- complete with it's enmity against authority.

You don't have to teach a toddler how to have a temper tantrum, or how to be selfish with everything he thinks is his, or how to constantly push at restraints. They seem to do this all on their own even before they have reached an age of reasoning, it doesn't require any teaching for them to do these things. Children who are not shown and /or taught acceptable social behavior will not develop it.

People are born with a carnal nature -- though with different levels of the carnal nature. We see this from science as well as from EGW's writings. In Child Guidance page 44 EGW warns parents that their uncontrolled propensities are passed on to their unborn children,

"Children are born with the animal propensities largely developed, the parents' own stamp of character having been given to them" CG 44

Fortunate are the children who have godly parents:

"Oh, if mothers would only work with wisdom, with calmness and determination, to train and subdue the carnal tempers of their children, what an amount of sin would be nipped in the bud, and what a host of church trials would be saved! {CG 176.2}

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180688
06/06/16 05:27 AM
06/06/16 05:27 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Quote:
"As related to the first Adam, men receive from him nothing but guilt and the sentence of death. But Christ steps in and passes over the ground where Adam fell, enduring every test in man's behalf. He redeems Adam's disgraceful failure and fall by coming forth from the trial untarnished. This places man on vantage ground with God. It places him where, through accepting Christ as his Saviour, he becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Thus he becomes connected with God and Christ (Letter 68, 1899). {6BC 1074.7}

“We have reason for ceaseless gratitude to God that Christ, by His perfect obedience, has won back the heaven that Adam lost through disobedience. Adam sinned, and the children of Adam share his guilt and its consequences; but Jesus bore the guilt of Adam, and all the children of Adam that will flee to Christ, the second Adam, may escape the penalty of transgression. (FW 88)

If Christ had not redeemed the human race, no one, not even a new born baby that dies the day he is born would enter heaven.
But because Christ took that guilt, all who flee to Him may escape the penalty of transgression. And to those believing parents, the little ones who died in infancy will be brought by angels and placed into their arms.

1 Cor. 15:21-22
For since by man came death,
by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Romans 5:17-19
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one;
much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the
gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation;
even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life.
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,
so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Last edited by dedication; 06/06/16 05:28 AM.
Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180693
06/07/16 12:14 PM
06/07/16 12:14 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Perhaps I am not understanding the terms being used. What is the definition of a carnal nature?
Are human beings born with a carnal nature, or is it something we acquire by succumbing to temptations of what dedication calls our natural human nature?

Good question. I wasn't as clear as I thought.

I was trying to distinguish between the flesh and the moral integrity of Christ. His flesh was in the fallen state, but the Moral integrity of Christ was pure. Christ never sinned or succumbed to any temptation.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180722
06/10/16 04:07 PM
06/10/16 04:07 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
You don't have to teach a toddler how to have a temper tantrum, or how to be selfish with everything he thinks is his, or how to constantly push at restraints.
One wonders, if Christ did not have a temper tantrum, how was He able to overcome that temptation before the age of reasoning?

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: kland] #180732
06/11/16 11:38 AM
06/11/16 11:38 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: kland
Quote:
You don't have to teach a toddler how to have a temper tantrum, or how to be selfish with everything he thinks is his, or how to constantly push at restraints.
One wonders, if Christ did not have a temper tantrum, how was He able to overcome that temptation before the age of reasoning?
(bold emphasis mine)

Excellent question I think. What do you think?

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: kland] #180808
06/20/16 10:11 PM
06/20/16 10:11 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Quote:

Those who doctrinally bring Christ down to their level wonder at such things and are at a lost to answer.

But Christ did not have a HUMAN FATHER. He was from above as we are from below. His character was pure and holy from birth, unlike our own. It was His to lose heaven to the same extent the other way around: that is, just as it is for us to gain salvation. Christ was superhuman: the literal Son of God. It is something to which we can only aspire in faith. He said so Himself: "without Me, you can do nothing!" (John 15:5)

///

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: Alchemy] #180812
06/22/16 12:53 AM
06/22/16 12:53 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Quote:
(bold emphasis mine)

Excellent question I think. What do you think?

Christ was sinless. He had a perfectly sinless character right from birth. To say otherwise is to deny the spotless Lamb of God.

Just because He took on "the likeness of sinful flesh" -- that is He took on a real physical human body,-- does not mean He was sinful -- there was no sin in Him.

People have a hard time accepting Christ's dual nature.
He took on "the likeness of sinful flesh" (He could have sinned) but he had a sinless nature (not even in thought or desire did Christ ever sin).

There were no temper tantrums --
What is the cause of temper tantrums?
Isn't it an emotional demonstration to get one's own will?

Satan's temptations for Christ were all geared to getting Christ off track from doing the will of the Father. They were all geared to get Christ to give up the Divine plan for saving humanity, or to devise a simpler plan, or to rise above His humanity and use His Divinity.

== use your Divine power to feed yourself
No -- the Divine plan stipulated that Christ would NOT use His Divine power, but would rely on God the Father. Humans can't turn stones into bread.

== jump of the temple pinnacle and astonish the temple worshippers with this great feat of "flying" unscathed in front of them.
No -- that's not according to the plan on how to win the favor of the multitudes.

== bow down to satan and you won't have to go to the cross, you can be king over everything a much easier way.
No -- that is definitely not according to the plan!!!!

== Gethsemane, forget the whole thing, these people don't want what you are offering them, they hate you, they are going to mistreat you terribly, even your so called disciples will run and desert you, even betray you. It's not worth it -- forget it. Go back to heaven where you came from, and forget this whole thing.
No -- that's not the divine plan, even though it's going to be terrible to suffer the guilt of the world and the separation from my Father, as well as the tortures of the body -- I must go through with it, it is the only way salvation will come to humanity.

== Come down from the cross, you save others but can't even save yourself?
No -- if I save myself I go against the Divine plan, and thus would not save any others.

Do you see -- every temptation was an appeal to Christ to use His Divinity to go against the Divine plan and agreement which Christ had made with God the Father.

Here are a few quotes to show this:
Quote:
The Jews were continually seeking for and expecting a Divinity among them that would be revealed in outward show, and by one flash of overmastering will would change the current of all minds, force from them an acknowledgment of his superiority, elevate himself, and gratify the ambition of his people. This being the case, when Christ was treated with contempt, there was a powerful temptation before him to reveal his heavenly character, and to compel his persecutors to admit that he was Lord above kings and potentates, priests and temple. But it was his difficult task to maintain the level of humanity. {3SP 260.1}

It was a difficult task for the Prince of Life to carry out the plan which he had undertaken for the salvation of man, in clothing his divinity with humanity. He had received honor in the heavenly courts, and was familiar with absolute power. It was as difficult for him to keep the level of humanity as it is for men to rise above the low level of their depraved natures, and be partakers of the divine nature.
Christ was put to the closest test, requiring the strength of all his faculties to resist the inclination when in danger, to use his power to deliver himself from peril, and triumph over the power of the prince of darkness.{RH, April 1, 1875 par. 2}

Not my will, but thine be done.

That's where the battle against sin is centered --
Following Christ in obedience, or doing our own thing.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: dedication] #180821
06/22/16 02:05 PM
06/22/16 02:05 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
Satan's temptations for Christ were all geared ... to [make Him] rise above His humanity and use His Divinity.

That is not true.

Jesus did not say, "My Father is the resurrection and the life." Rather, it is well documented that he said instead that He was and is, "I AM the resurrection and the life. He who believes in ME will live, even though he dies." (John 11:25) He was fully Divine in word and deed on earth.

No one takes as Saviour someone who is weak as himself, but someone who is superior in strength that is more than enough to overcome the enemy. This is important to understand lest it enter into your head that you can be Christ, the image and likeness of perfection. Isaiah says, "For all of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; and all of us wither like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away." (Isaiah 64:6) Even Paul cries out in hope, "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Rom. 7:24-25)

For these and other reasons, it is said, "For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast." (Eph. 2:8-9) In Christ alone, who conquered through His own strength, upon Him we lean, to Him we run like chickens to their mother hen. (Mat. 23:37)

What do you think? Does the hen cry out and say to her chicks, "I am weak like you!" Does she drop her wings and faint, she whose muscles and sinews are the definition of determination and power? Christ was certainly not like Samson upon whom the Spirit descended and left. He was THE Spirit of the Living God, fully Divine and acting so: always! For which reason the Devil could not stand before Him. (Mat. 8:28-29)

///

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180823
06/23/16 02:29 PM
06/23/16 02:29 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Dedication, if, as you say:

"...every temptation was an appeal to Christ to use His Divinity to go against the Divine plan and agreement which Christ had made with God the Father."

How then was Jesus, "...in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin."?

It may well be that resisting the temptation to use His Divinity was a far more powerful test than any human must endure. Nevertheless, I fail to see how that qualifies as being "in all points tempted like as we are"? I have never been tempted to use my God-like powers to make bread or fly.

"...we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin."

Hebrews clearly states that Jesus was tempted "like as we are", that He was "touched with the feeling of our infirmities".

This is our assurance that He has felt our powerlessness in the face of temptation. In order to abstain from reliance upon His own Divinity, He needed to obtain strength from the Father. So, yes Jesus was doubly tempted, but to claim that He did not suffer the same temptations as each of us is to deny that He was "touched with the feeling of our infirmities".

When faced with normal human temptations: to lie, to steal, to lust etc., where is my perfect example, my perfect savior who has gone before and won the victory over each and every sin? Where is the One who has shone the Light upon the perfect path of sanctification by the sweat of His brow, the submission of His will, the Grace of His Father?

My need is not for a Savior who has resisted darkness in ways that I will never comprehend. How am I brought closer to perfection by resisting the urge to fly or divinely transform stones into bread?

It is the lesson of pride, the lesson of appetite, overcoming the human temptations to stray from the Father's will, that I need. Jesus has shown me that there is nothing I can face that He has not overcome.

He is my perfect example. He is my shining Light with no shadow of turning!

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180826
06/23/16 08:56 PM
06/23/16 08:56 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
I think what Dedication is saying is that Christ used nothing that we are not privileged to use. Where I depart from Dedication is that she turns "likeness" in to "unlikeness". Christ came in sinful flesh, not sinless flesh. He took our sinful natures, and our sinful flesh, at the point of weakness to which we had brought it, submitting himself to all the conditions of the race, and placing himself where we are to fight the conflict that we have to fight, the fight of faith. And he did this by the same power to which we have access.

He took human nature, and bore the infirmities and degeneracy of the race. He who knew no sin became sin for us. He humiliated Himself to the lowest depths of human woe, that He might be qualified to reach man and bring him up from the degradation in which sin had plunged him. In taking upon Himself man's nature in its fallen condition, Christ did not in the least participate in its sin. He was subject to the infirmities and weaknesses by which man is encompassed, not as Adam before his fall, but as we are after the fall. He was touched with the feeling of our infirmities, and was in all points tempted like as we are. And yet He "knew no sin." He was the lamb "without blemish and without spot."

It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man’s nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180833
06/25/16 04:13 AM
06/25/16 04:13 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Adam stood in his innocence -- he had never sinned.

Do you believe that Christ stood in total innocence when He was a man? Or do you think he stood guilty of sin?
(I'm not referring OUR sins which took, I'm asking if you think He was innocent or guilty of sin?

And if you say, "Innocent" which I hope you do, because it is the absolute truth --
Then Jesus stood in His innocence in Palestine, just as Adam stood in his innocence in Eden.

Do you stand in innocence, having never sinned? Or do you need a lot of cleansing and forgiveness for all the sins you've committed in your life?

Did Christ need a lot of cleansing and forgiveness?

This whole emphases on Christ having a nature full of sin, is far worse than anything the pope said.

You, like all of us, are struggling to overcome bad habits and sinful propensities. Did Jesus have to overcome bad habits and sinful propensities?

Yes, He took a human body that was weakened by 4000 years of sin-- with it's hungers and physical weaknesses, there is nothing wrong with hunger -- as long as it is held in control of the "higher power". Yes, our Lord kept those "hungers" perfectly in check in righteousness.

He overcame appetite how?
He didn't have to overcome bad eating habits. There was no sin to overcome.
His temptation on appetite came when He was terrible hungry-- there was absolutely no sin in wanting to eat at that time. But satan used His hunger to try and get Jesus to do something against His Father's will to meet a very legitimate need. Jesus knows what it feels like to say "no" when the "flesh" is crying out to be fed.

The problem is --

Some Adventists have taken this idea of "being tempted in all points as we" to such a point, they no longer have a Savior. Christ is no longer presented as the "spotless Lamb of God", but as full of sin, working hard to overcome His sinful nature. Instead of bowing before His matchless holiness and love, they picture Him as fighting against sin and fighting against all the same kinds of unloving thoughts that plague us.

Being tempted in all "points" or "principles", does not mean Christ's temptations were identical to ours. He had no propensities to evil what-so--ever.
Satan tailors temptations to match the person's personality.
Things that sorely tempt one person, don't have any affect on someone else, but the principles of sin can be narrowed down to key foundational roots upon which all sin springs.
Satan knew trying to get Christ to do evil was hopeless, so he worked with fiendish energy to get Christ to go against God's will in other ways.

Jesus came in the likeness of sinful human flesh, but He was NOT sinful. Yes, in that He was NOT like us.
And it is wrong to make Him all together like us.

Consider this illustration.

A man consents to work with a group of people infected with a deadly virus. (HIV or ebola) The man has the same type of body as the infected people; he is a man like they, he needs to eat, sleep, just like them. He looks just like them, he befriends them, talks with them, etc. He is susceptible to the disease. But there is one major difference. He does NOT have the disease. He can help and save the infected ones, but not vice versa.

So Jesus came to a world of people infected with the deadly virus of SIN. He had the same type of body as the infected ones. He could have sinned and become infected, but He did not -- And because He was NOT infected with the disease of SIN, He can help and save to the uttermost the infected ones that come to Him.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180834
06/25/16 05:05 AM
06/25/16 05:05 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Dedication - almost all in my last post is a quote. Do you have a problem with them?

Yes, He took a human body that was weakened by 4000 years of sin-- with it's hungers and physical weaknesses, there is nothing wrong with hunger -- as long as it is held in control of the "higher power". Yes, our Lord kept those "hungers" perfectly in check in righteousness.
HOW does sin weaken the body? Is the need to eat cause by sin?

Being tempted in all "points" or "principles", does not mean Christ's temptations were identical to ours.
He was temped "like as we are". Like does not mean unlike. Taking the "likeness of sinful flesh" does not mean unlikeness. Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

A man consents to work with a group of people infected with a deadly virus. (HIV or ebola) The man has the same type of body as the infected people; he is a man like they, he needs to eat, sleep, just like them. He looks just like them, he befriends them, talks with them, etc. He is susceptible to the disease. But there is one major difference. He does NOT have the disease.
Matthew 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses.

By taking upon Himself man’s nature IN ITS FALLEN CONDITION, CHRIST DID NOT IN THE LEAST PARTICIPATE IN ITS SIN. He was subject to the infirmities and weaknesses of the flesh with which humanity is encompassed, “that it might be fulfilled that was spoken by the prophet Esaias, Himself took our infirmities and bare our sicknesses.” He was touched with the feeling of our infirmities, and was in all points tempted like as we are. And yet He was without a spot. {Ms143-1897}

He "took" our "flesh with all its liabilities" but solved the problem of "sin in the flesh" (Romans 8:3)

The contrast between the two views is interesting. One says that Christ could not be our sinless Substitute, our Saviour from sin, our interceding High Priest, if He comes too close to us for He would then have been forced to sin. If sin is rooted in human flesh, it is invincible. The devil's invention of sin is too strong for God to deal with if He comes too close to it. (Logically therefore, this view would yield the great controversy to the enemy)

The other view sees that Christ could not be our Substitute and Saviour unless He does come close to us by identifying with us where we are, and solving that problem of sin right where it is, in our fallen, sinful nature. He has to be our second Adam, the new Head of the fallen human race. He cannot save what He does not take or assume. He cannot win a sham victory.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180851
06/27/16 04:17 AM
06/27/16 04:17 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Yes, I have a problem with your interpretation.
We come to this subject from totally different angles, thus we understand those quotes quite differently.

Jesus took on a human body (a real human body) that was weakened by 4000 years of sin, complete with it's hungers and physical weaknesses, there is nothing wrong with hunger -- as long as it is held in control of the "higher power".

How was it weakened by 4000 years of sin?

Adam was in perfect health and vitality -- but his descendants, through abusing the laws of health little by little broke down the amazing health and vitality of the human body. Successive generations no longer had the same level of health and vitality.
And yes, the natural hungers had become stronger, and perverted.
Just like alcoholic's pass on a hunger for alcohol to their children, the legitimate hungers are often fulfilled in illegitimate ways and passed on to descendants in their distorted form.

So Jesus overcame appetite.
No, hunger isn't sin, -- but feeding that hunger in a sinful way is sinful.

But Christ didn't have to overcome bad eating habits.
So how could He be tempted on appetite?

His temptation on appetite came when He was terrible hungry-- there was absolutely no sin in wanting to eat at that time. But satan used His hunger to try and get Jesus to do something against His Father's will to meet a very legitimate need. Jesus knows what it feels like to say "no" when the "flesh" is crying out to be fed.

Yet, we, just slightly hungry, find it hard to resist something we know we shouldn't eat. Or some may have forgotten to get food on Friday, and they are hungry after church, and Satan comes and tells them -- you have money go buy yourself some food.
We often can't resist when we are just a little hungry. Jesus resisted using His power to turn stones into delicious bread, when He was extremely hungry.

Jesus experienced all the principle points of temptation as we do, but in a different way.
Satan found no responding cord of evil within Jesus, but he finds all kinds of responding cords of evil in human hearts and minds.

Matthew-- That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses.

Yet there is no record that He was ever sick, He wasn't paralyzed, He didn't have Parkinsons, He didn't have cancer -- he never suffered from PMS, He never experienced childbirth.

Getting too literalistic is totally defeating the meaning of what it is saying.
Jesus took upon Himself all these things -- all the sin, and all the ailments that have resulted from sin and bore them AWAY.

How did He bear our sins?
Our sins were transferred to Him,
and He takes them away.

Our sicknesses -- transferred to Him, He bears them AWAY.

What is not understood --
Is that no human being with a father and a mother, has ever lived without sin. Not in the past, nor after the cross. All have sinned and seriously missed the mark.
Long before a child reaches the age of reason, selfishness has exhibited itself in hundreds of ways.

Jesus didn't miss the mark -- He was absolutely sinless, from birth, to His death, there was no sin in Him.

There was no grace available for Jesus -- He had to be justified by the law, and the law is ruthless, one sin, just one would have meant "guilty" and all would have been lost.

You are also confusing --
Christ coming close to us, with Christ being full of sin like us.
Christ comes very close to us.
He is there beside us when we wake up in the morning, hoping we will spend some time talking with Him.
He is there while we work and go through our day,
He is there while we are sleeping watching over us.
He wants to come very close -- right into our hearts.

Christ defeated Satan on the cross.
" When Christ died on Calvary's cross, he exclaimed in his expiring agony, "It is finished;" and Satan knew that he had been defeated in his purpose to overthrow the plan of salvation." ST Sept. 23, 1889

Satan is a defeated foe --

We need to chose to be on the winning side, not with the losers.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180852
06/27/16 05:34 AM
06/27/16 05:34 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Just like alcoholic's pass on a hunger for alcohol to their children,...
Ah - did Christ receive from his genetics ANY hungers for things like Alcohol? If you say yes, then you are agreeing with me. If you say no, then you are agreeing with the Catholic church that Mary was immaculate.

Yes, Jesus shared our heredity, but "never participated in its sin."

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180864
06/28/16 04:53 AM
06/28/16 04:53 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
isn't that what I said right from the start:

"Yes, He took a human body that was weakened by 4000 years of sin-- with it's hungers and physical weaknesses, there is nothing wrong with hunger -- as long as it is held in control of the "higher power". Yes, our Lord kept those "hungers" perfectly in check in righteousness.

But no, I do not believe he inherited a "hunger for alcohol" etc. Why?
Even though Mary was not immaculate, she needs a Savior just like everyone else, but God chose a young woman of excellent moral character to be Jesus' mother. Pre-natal influence from His mother was one of temperance and praising God. Mary spent the first half of her pregnancy with Elizabeth and Zachariah -- Luke 1:6 "they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless."

Quote:
As a child, Jesus manifested a peculiar loveliness of disposition. His willing hands were ever ready to serve others. He manifested a patience that nothing could disturb, and a truthfulness that would never sacrifice integrity. In principle firm as a rock, His life revealed the grace of unselfish courtesy. {DA 68.3}
With deep earnestness the mother of Jesus watched the unfolding of His powers, and beheld the impress of perfection upon His character. With delight she sought to encourage that bright, receptive mind. Through the Holy Spirit she received wisdom to co-operate with the heavenly agencies in the development of this child, who could claim only God as His Father. {DA 69.1}

His perfect life in Nazareth generated plenty of "trials and temptation" as the rest of the kids, and even his brothers saw to it that his life wasn't easy yet " He manifested a patience that nothing could disturb."

From infancy He lived a perfect life!

Quote:
"Jesus was misunderstood by His brothers because He was not like them....The example of Jesus was to them a continual irritation. He hated but one thing in the world, and that was sin. He could not witness a wrong act without pain which it was impossible to disguise....
Because the life of Jesus condemned evil, He was opposed, both at home and abroad. His unselfishness and integrity were commented on with a sneer. His forbearance and kindness were termed cowardice.
Of the bitterness that falls to the lot of humanity, there was no part which Christ did not taste. There were those who tried to cast contempt upon Him because of His birth, and even in His childhood He had to meet their scornful looks and evil whisperings. If He had responded by an impatient word or look, if He had conceded to His brothers by even one wrong act, He would have failed of being a perfect example. Thus He would have failed of carrying out the plan for our redemption. {DA 88}

He inherited a human body from His mother but He had no human biological father -- God was His Father.
There is a mystery there --
Jesus was completely human, and completely God at the same time.
He was not altogether like us. Yes, He was the Son of man, but He was also the Son of God.

We know He never committed any sin, but there's more, there was NO SIN IN HIM.

1 SM 198 "Christ did no sin, because there was no sin in Him."

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180869
06/28/16 07:50 PM
06/28/16 07:50 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life. {DA 48.5}

Perhaps you should read Robert Weiland's book, "How Could Jesus Be Sinless as a Baby" and see if your belief that Christ was exempt from our hereditary defects holds up.

Originally Posted By: Weiland
Chapter 1: Do We Have A Problem?

Yes! Here we have a Baby different from any other ever born into this world. This little Fellow is pure, sinless, sweet, unselfish, no temper tantrums. As a Baby, no problem to His mother. And according to Isaiah 9:6 (which tells us "unto us a child is born") "the government" of earth and heaven is laid "upon His shoulder."

Get it? That's the shoulder of a helpless Infant who can't yet hold His bottle! If He as a Child falls into our universal sin, that "government" will crash. Everything has come to depend on Him and His perfect sinlessness, while He is born "unto us" who all are sinners.

How and why is He so different from all other babies?

Roman Catholicism claims it has the answer, "His sinlessness is because He has been born of a sinless Mother who experienced an Immaculate Conception in the womb of her mother. This broke the genetic link and gave her a sinless nature all her life so she never knew sexual desire. Thus she gave to Him her sinless, sexless flesh or nature."

Some Seventh-day Adventists also answer that Jesus couldn't be sinless as a baby unless He had been "exempt" from the common genetic inheritance all our babies have to share.

Could there be another solution? "Though he was in the form of God," Christ left His home in heaven and "emptied himself" to be "born in the likeness of men [and] humbled himself" (Philippians 2:7-8, RSV) Is it possible that He "took" or "assumed" the same heredity of fallen, sinful flesh, the same nature that all humanity has, and yet was sinless as a baby?

The angel told the Virgin Mary that He is "that holy thing which shall be born of thee." Paul says He was "holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners" (Luke 1:30, Hebrews 7:26) And Ellen White speaks of His sinless babyhood:

Christ was not like all children . His inclination to right was a constant gratification to His parents . No one, looking upon the childlike countenance, shining with animation, could say that Christ was just like other children {5BC 1117}

One temper tantrum would have made Him a sinner, and that would have destroyed Him as a Saviour because He would then have had "an evil propensity." A sinful "savior" couldn't save anybody. The question is, Why was He so different as a baby?

The problem is not trivial. It's way beyond mere theological contention. Ellen White tells us that "the humanity of the Son of God is everything to us. It is the golden chain that binds our souls to God" {1SM 144} It must have something important to do with our day to day Christian living.

Our Roman Catholic friends also think they see "the humanity of the Son of God" as "everything" to them. They have been pondering this problem for well over a thousand years. That's why they came up with their idea of an "Immaculate Conception" for His mother. For them, this must be a pre-programmed genetic "exemption" from the hereditary stream of fallen mankind. Their idea is a holy separation, the opposite of identity with us. He must not be allowed to come too close to the problem of human sin.

In other words, Mary must have holy flesh so she can pass it on to her Son, so He can come into the world with a sinless nature unlike ours. For Roman Catholics, this answers our question, as a baby Christ couldn't help being good, long before He could reason or think. There was no genetic link with the fallen Adam.

We naturally assume a baby can't reason, can't judge between right and wrong, and it's also true that all our babies are born sinners, by nature selfish. So, do we need that "exemption" for Jesus that excused Him from the legacy that all other babies receive?

Thoughtful Seventh-day Adventists are perplexed. Some see no way for Christ to have been sinless as a baby unless He was "exempt" from our heredity. This idea is usually designated as "pre-Fall," that is, Christ "had" the sinless spiritual nature of Adam before the Fall, unlike ours.

Others (equally thoughtful) see that Christ accepted our full human heredity from the beginning of His incarnation and "took" upon Himself the same burden of our genetic download of sinfulness, yet was holy and sinless even as a baby, and all His life. This is known as the "post-Fall" position, and is identical to the 1888 message view.

Protestants in general say they reject the Immaculate Conception dogma, but they also demand some "exemption" somewhere in the genetic line for Jesus. They still carry considerable baggage from Rome such as Sunday sacredness and the natural immortality of the soul. Is their view of Christ's humanity also borrowed from Rome?

The Bible and Ellen White's writings are clear. Jesus "took" or "assumed" our fallen, sinful nature, an idea diametrically opposed to both the Immaculate Conception and the "exempt" idea. The problem that has occupied centuries of discussion finds its focus in Christ's sinlessness as a baby. How could "the government" be upon His "shoulder" even then? Let us reverently inquire why. If there is an answer to our question, it must be part of the Good News of the gospel.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180872
06/28/16 09:24 PM
06/28/16 09:24 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
One can have one's own will before the "age of reasoning"?
Maybe define what you mean by age of reasoning.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: kland] #180905
07/01/16 05:26 AM
07/01/16 05:26 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Reasoning -- logically thinking things through,-- being able to weigh in one's mind the moral principles -- make sound judgments based on evaluating facts -- have sensible reasons for one's actions. Especially have moral responsibility for one's decisions and actions.

Of course a child can have his own will, and can throw a tantrum to get his way before "the age of reasoning". Selfishness comes naturally, one doesn't have to do any logical reasoning, one simply acts on emotion.

Reasoning ability develops as one grows (hopefully)

Babies act on "instinct"
Uncomfortable -- cry --
No reasoning as to "maybe mother is tired" or "it takes a little time to warm up the bottle" or "mother is busy with my sister".
They just "cry" and if attention isn't immediate they cry louder.

As they get a little older, they learn very BASIC cause to effect happenings, however, they still don't reason on a moral level. They see a shiny toy in the store, and they want it, mother says, no, and they resort to what worked in baby land -- cry -- mother says, no, so they scream louder and make a general nuisance of themselves.
There is no logical reasoning going on, they just want it, it's being denied, so they yell and scream. If parents give in, the "cause to effect" programs them to scream every time they don't get what they want. Just because they learn their screaming makes mommy do what they want, is NOT moral reasoning, it's the lowest level of thinking and shows an undisciplined mind in which no reasoning is taking place.

Reasoning starts to come into play around three to four years of age -- (the "why" stage, they start to ask "why" about everything, though more often then not they don't understand when you tell them "why" they just ask "why" again) It's still not moral reasoning -- though they are building the mental blocks in developing reasoning, and starting to realize there is such a thing as a "right way" and "wrong way".

Seven to ten year olds -- have a pretty good sense of right and wrong, at least as it pertains to their culture and the values they have been taught. Their minds are learning many things. They tend to be "teachable" (if they've been trained out of their temper tantrum stage). They are actively reasoning, but their reasoning is still more concrete, not abstract. They generally see the world more in black and white as to values.

Around 12 the mind seems to reach much fuller reasoning powers. That's probably why teenagers are more difficult -- their minds start reasoning about all kinds of things, things aren't "black and white" any more, they see all kinds of shades of meaning to things, and start questioning values and norms and religion, they are seeking for "meaning" in everything.

In Bible times, the age of 3 seemed to mark the transition from infancy into childhood, and the age of 12 marked a certain transition from childhood into young adulthood.
Then the age of 30 marked another transition from young adulthood into potential leadership in the community.

So - yes, temper tantrums in some shape or intensity reveal themselves in the lives of children before they have reached an age when they can reason as to their moral conduct.
It's a built in product of the carnal nature that we were born with.

We must be born again.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180918
07/05/16 01:07 AM
07/05/16 01:07 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
This conversation has gotten very interesting at this point.

I believe the age of reason is important to understand and how that applies to Christ in particular. I must admit, until now I have never thought about how the age of reason applies to Christ.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180924
07/05/16 07:38 PM
07/05/16 07:38 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The angel told Mary that He is "that holy thing which shall be born of thee." Paul says He was "holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners" (Luke 1:30, Hebrews 7:26) And Ellen White speaks of His sinless babyhood:

"Christ was not like all children . His inclination to right was a constant gratification to His parents . No one, looking upon the childlike countenance, shining with animation, could say that Christ was just like other children" {5BC 1117}

One temper tantrum would have made Him a sinner, and that would have destroyed Him as a Saviour. A sinful "savior" couldn't save anybody. The question is, Why was He so different even as a baby, before the age of moral reasoning?

The baby "that which is conceived in her (Mary) is of the Holy Ghost. Matt. 1:20
His name "they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us" Matt. 1:22
The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35

Was this baby different?
conceived by the Holy Spirit
holy
Son of God

John 1:1 the Word was God
1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Heb. 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, ... a body hast thou prepared me:

Christ's identity did not begin at the incarnation.
He was God from the everlasting, He took on human flesh at the incarnation, He was God with us, who had taken on the liabilities of human flesh.

As a baby He was "that holy thing" He was a holy baby. He was not born with a carnal character as we are.
In His holy mind, evil was painful and repulsive. Goodness, love and caring came natural.
His trials were being ridiculed and cajoled and even bullied because of His goodness, and lack of evil and lack of desires for sin.

As He came to the age of moral reasoning, He came to understand more fully WHO He was.
Once He understood WHO He was He also began to realize that He had divine power which He must not use, He must remain on the level of a human.

The temptations to stop evil by using divine power must have been tremendous for Him as a young man. How it drove Him to His knees before the Father continually placing Himself under the Father's will.

Christ was fully Divine as well as fully human.
He didn't change who He was, when He came to earth.
He fully took on humanity, a body that God had prepared by taking Mary's genetic code and adding the other half (how, we don't know) to give him a fully human body.

There are so many things that are beyond our knowledge when it comes to the incarnation of Jesus. How does the Creator God, become a human embryo in the womb of an earthly mother, is in itself a mystery beyond human explanation.

How was He so much like us that He understands our situation perfectly, yet so fully God so we beheld the glory of God in Him, that He was God with us, though veiled in human flesh?

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180925
07/05/16 09:12 PM
07/05/16 09:12 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Dedi - why do you leave out all the other pertinent texts?

Example, you quote Luke 1:30 And the angel said to her, Fear not, Mary: for you have found favor with God. But you leave out Luke 2:23 (As it is written in the law of the LORD, Every male that opens the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;) You quote: Hebrews 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; but leave out Hebrews 2:16-18 For truly he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Why in all things it behooved him to be made like to his brothers, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that he himself has suffered being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted. You qoute: Matthew 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared to him in a dream, saying, Joseph, you son of David, fear not to take to you Mary your wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. But leave out: Galatians 4:4-5 But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

You say: "He was God from the everlasting, He took on human flesh at the incarnation, He was God with us, who had taken on the liabilities of human flesh. " but you mean that his human flesh was not like our human flesh, but something different. So was not really touched with we are afflicted. You say He really did not share our heredity. But that is not what the Bible says. It says he Matthew 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses. He had our sickness. Ellen White agrees: It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life. {DA 48.5}

If Christ did not share our fallen sinful human nature, the the whole thing is a shame. You think sin is too powerful for God to take on Himself and wipe it out. You deny the whole plan of salvation! That if the implications of your belief. As EGW writes: He took upon His sinless nature our sinful nature, that He might know how to succor those that are tempted. {MM 181.3} That is the key to salvation. The whole was NOT a sham. It was the real deal.

Yes there are mysteries we can not fathom! How did Christ take our sinful human nature, which He did, and not fall into sin? It did not start at some "age of accountability" which is a non-Biblical human idea. It started in the womb! And not once did he step over the line from conception to crucifixion.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180927
07/05/16 09:43 PM
07/05/16 09:43 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
There is only so much one can say in one post.

The first point we need to understand is that Christ is/was/is fully God, as well as having taken on a fully human body.

Why would anyone want so desperately to try and make Christ sinful? He was holy, undefiled, not just in actions but also in mind and character, every moment of His earthly life.

You also put a lot of words in my mouth that I did not say and twist things to make your point.
Where have I ever said that Christ took on different flesh from our flesh? Those are your words NOT MINE.
Why do you do that?

But as to your questions:

Comparing Christ as the "holy" one in Mary's womb,
with the command that every male that "opens the womb" is "holy unto the Lord" is confusing things.

The Bible speaks of consecrating many things to be holy unto the Lord, from first harvests of grain, to first born donkeys, to first born male children. That is totally different than saying CHRIST IS perfectly holy and undefiled.
A holy one in the womb of Mary.

Such confusion will never convince me that you are sharing truth with me.

True, Christ was born under the law.

But what does that mean?
It means that Christ had to be justified BY THE LAW,
there was no grace available for Him should He fall into sin.

To be justified by the law means one must not fail, not in childhood or adulthood, not in the least particular against the law, one must be totally holy, the law fully lived out in ones life, no infractions of any kind, to be justified under the law.

Without a Savior, none of us could ever be justified, we are all condemned under the law, for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

But because Christ was perfectly holy, nothing sinful in His character, because He lived a life that was fully justified by the law == having NO sin against the law whatsoever, and because He gives us HIS righteousness, we are justified WITHOUT the law, as Romans chapter three so forcefully tells us, we are justified by grace through His righteousness.

Only by living under the law, and being fully justified by the law, could Christ redeem them that were condemned under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons and daughters of God.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180928
07/05/16 10:09 PM
07/05/16 10:09 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
He took upon His sinless nature our sinful nature

Can't you see the dual nature there.
He was fully God -- with a sinless nature
and fully human with human flesh with it's liabilities.

We don't take upon our sinless nature human flesh with it's liabilities. We are born with a selfish carnal nature.
We must be born again.

Apl wrote: You think sin is too powerful for God to take on Himself.

Hmmm... but aren't you saying that Christ wasn't God, (He left that part behind) and was totally like us while on earth. Yet truth is that sin is too powerful for humans in their fallen state to take on, they all fall long before they even reach the age of reason. They need to be converted, born again.

Christ never sinned not even as an infant. Yes, He was HOLY from conception.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180929
07/05/16 10:17 PM
07/05/16 10:17 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Dedication: There is only so much one can say in one post. 

APL:So slant it as far one way as you can!

The first point we need to understand is that Christ is/was/is fully God, as well as having taken on a fully human body.

Have this ever been denied? Nope. But when you say "fully human", you mean like Adam, not like us. Christ never could have had any bad inherited traits because He would not be God? No. Christ took our FALLEN SINFUL nature on Himself and condemned "sin in the flesh".

Why would anyone want so desperately to try and make Christ sinful? He was holy, undefiled, not just in actions but also in mind and character, every moment of His earthly life.

Sinful in what way? Did Christ take our "SINFUL NATURE"? Yes or no? You say no. EGW says YES.

You also put a lot of words in my mouth that I did not say and twist things to make your point.

What you have said is that Christ cannot have possible taken fallen SINFUL human nature. That is just not the case.

Where have I ever said that Christ took on different flesh from our flesh? Those are your words NOT MINE.
Why do you do that?

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

You have repeatedly said this does not mean what it says. You turn "likeness" into "unlikeness". You turn "SINFUL FLESH" in to "SINLESS FLESH". You say He was exempt from ANY inheritance that causes us to fall. Why? Because God is not powerful enough defeat the same sin that we are encumbered with? Not true.

True, Christ was born under the law.

But what does that mean? 

Romans 7:18-25 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me. 21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

You claim that Christ could not have the same defects in His human body that Paul speaks about. But that then makes the whole thing a sham.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: APL] #180930
07/05/16 10:24 PM
07/05/16 10:24 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Sorry, but you make Christ a sinner.
If you think Romans seven describes the nature of Christ, you make Christ a sinner.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: dedication] #180933
07/05/16 10:59 PM
07/05/16 10:59 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Reasoning -- logically thinking things through,-- being able to weigh in one's mind the moral principles -- make sound judgments based on evaluating facts -- have sensible reasons for one's actions. Especially have moral responsibility for one's decisions and actions.

Then the age of 30 marked another transition from young adulthood into potential leadership in the community.

So - yes, temper tantrums in some shape or intensity reveal themselves in the lives of children before they have reached an age when they can reason as to their moral conduct.
It's a built in product of the carnal nature that we were born with.

We must be born again.

This "age of reasoning" thing seems a little odd to me.

It sounds like you are saying that before the age of 30, people shouldn't be held responsible for one's decisions and actions.

Therefore, you're so saying, Christ did not do anything morally wrong before 30, but all the rest of us did. Since He would not be responsible, but yet did no wrong, therefore He did not have our same nature.

(Personally, I think you should drop the "age of reasoning" thing in your argument. It leads you to taking odd and difficult to support positions)

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: kland] #180936
07/06/16 12:03 AM
07/06/16 12:03 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

It sounds like you are saying that before the age of 30, people shouldn't be held responsible for one's decisions and actions.

Therefore, you're so saying, Christ did not do anything morally wrong before 30, but all the rest of us did. Since He would not be responsible, but yet did no wrong, therefore He did not have our same nature.

(Personally, I think you should drop the "age of reasoning" thing in your argument. It leads you to taking odd and difficult to support positions)

Obviously you are on a totally different thought path than me.
I have not taken ANY position that you suggest.

Christ did NOT sin -- His life was holy and good and pure.
It has nothing to do with "not responsible" where did you get that idea? He did not sin -- He was holy, sinless, all His life.

We -- us sinful human beings -- collect a whole binful of sins before we even reach the age of reason. We are born carnal full of sin, and have to be born again. It's only by God's grace and forgiveness that we are not held responsible for sins we commit without having the ability of knowing it is sin. We are responsible at every point of maturity for what we can know is wrong or right.

Jesus was born spiritual -- He was a real human being, Who was holy, good and pure, every day of His life.

He took upon His SINLESS NATURE a body of flesh with all its liabilities.

We have NO sinless nature, but come with a carnal nature in a body of flesh with all its liabilities.

We must be born again.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: dedication] #180937
07/06/16 01:41 AM
07/06/16 01:41 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
If you think Romans seven describes the nature of Christ, you make Christ a sinner.
Then you make the Lord's messenger in EGW out to be a false prophet, and the plan of redemption a sham. Christ never participated in our sin. Yet He was made to be sin (2 Corinthians 5:21), does that make Him a sinner in your eyes? He bore our sin IN HIS BODY (1 Peter 2:24), does that make Him a sinner? I guess so in your eyes. Not in mine. It makes Him one who intimately knows our struggle first hand and can save us to the uttermost.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: APL] #180943
07/06/16 08:25 AM
07/06/16 08:25 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: APL
Then you make the Lord's messenger in EGW out to be a false prophet, and the plan of redemption a sham. Christ never participated in our sin. Yet He was made to be sin (2 Corinthians 5:21), does that make Him a sinner in your eyes? He bore our sin IN HIS BODY (1 Peter 2:24), does that make Him a sinner? I guess so in your eyes. Not in mine. It makes Him one who intimately knows our struggle first hand and can save us to the uttermost.

The man in Romans 7 sins, it says in plain English that even though he wants to obey he can't do it. If that describes Christ you make Christ out to be a sinner who can NEVER SAVE YOU, He would need a Savior Himself.

Romans 7 describes sinful man who is trying to clean himself up. It does not describe Christ's human nature.

No, my position does not make EGW a false prophet, she explained what she meant by her words. But those quotes are pushed under the rug, and a man-made interpretation of her words are put in their place.

Christ's human nature is what we, through connection with His Divinity may be transformed into, it is not what we are born with.

Quote:
"Christ humbled Himself to the nature of man, He could be tempted. He had not taken on Him even the nature of the angels, but humanity, perfectly identical with our own nature, except without the taint of sin.... He trod our earth as man. He had reason, conscience, memory, will, and affections of the human soul which was united with His divine nature. {16MR 181.4}
Our Lord was tempted as man is tempted. He was capable of yielding to temptations, as are human beings. His finite nature was pure and spotless, but the divine nature that led Him to say to Philip, "He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father" also, was not humanized; neither was humanity deified by the blending or union of the two natures; each retained its essential character and properties. {16MR 182.1}
But here we must not become in our ideas common and earthly, and in our perverted ideas we must not think that the liability of Christ to yield to Satan's temptations degraded His humanity and He possessed the same sinful, corrupt propensities as man. {16MR 182.2}
The divine nature, combined with the human, made Him capable of yielding to Satan's temptations. Here the test to Christ was far greater than that of Adam and Eve, for Christ took our nature, fallen but not corrupted. (16 MR 182}

WE are born with propensities to sin, Christ was not born with propensities to sin.

We must be converted and born again before we can gain true victories over sin, Christ did NOT have to be converted and born again or overcome propensities to sin.

Quote:
Be careful, exceedingly careful as to how you dwell upon the human nature of Christ. Do not set Him before the people as a man with the propensities of sin. He is the second Adam. The first Adam was created a pure, sinless being, without a taint of sin upon him; he was in the image of God. He could fall, and he did fall through transgressing. Because of sin, his posterity was born with inherent propensities of disobedience. But Jesus Christ was the only begotten Son of God. He took upon Himself human nature, and was tempted in all points as human nature is tempted. He could have sinned; He could have fallen, but not for one moment was there in Him an evil propensity. He was assailed with temptations in the wilderness, as Adam was assailed with temptations in Eden. {13MR 18.1}

The propensities which reign in the natural heart must be subdued by the grace of Christ, before fallen man can be elevated to harmonize with Heaven, and enjoy the society of the pure and holy angels. When man dies to sin, and is quickened to new life in Christ Jesus, divine love fills his heart; his understanding is sanctified;
he drinks from an inexhaustible fountain of joy and knowledge; and the light of an eternal day shines upon his path, for he has the Light of life with him continually. {LP 125.2}

Christ being made sin for us -- does not mean He had to battle against a host of evil propensities.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

It means HE bore THE GUILT of our sins, and paid the penalty for those sins which the law of God's government demanded, He took our sins and died the death penalty the law demanded.

When we are baptized we are baptized into His death which He died for our sins, thus we count ourselves DEAD to sins and rise with Him to newness of life to live for Him in righteousness. (See Romans 8)

Quote:
The more we study the attributes of the character of God as revealed in Christ, the more we see that justice has been sustained in the sacrifice that met the penalty of the law, and that mercy has been provided in the only begotten Son, who bore the penalty of the law in the sinner's place, in order that man might have another probation, another opportunity to be obedient to the law of God's government, RH March 9, 1897 par. 5}

God is a moral governor as well as a Father. He is the Lawgiver. He makes and executes His laws. Law that has no penalty is of no force. {LDE 241.1}

Christ lived the law of God's government; he was an expression of God's character; and he died to save men from the penalty of the transgression of this law. {RH, January 30, 1900 par. 2}

The penalty of disobedience is death. The transgression of God's law made it necessary for Christ to die as a sacrifice; for only thus could he redeem man from the penalty of the broken law, and yet maintain the honor of the divine government.

God has a right to enforce the penalty of the law upon transgressors, for law without a penalty would be without force. God's law is the foundation of all law and government. The fact that Christ suffered the penalty of the law for all transgressors, is an unanswerable argument as to its immutable character, and it will justly condemn those who have sought to make it void. When the curse fell upon the beloved Son of God, who became sin for us, the Father made it manifest that the unrepenting transgressor of his law would have to suffer its full penalty. {ST, July 14, 1890 par. 2}

Christ understands us more intimately than you can imagine. Satan turned up his full arsenal of weapons against Christ trying to get Him to sin. But praise God's Holy name, Christ was perfectly holy and sinless.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: APL] #180945
07/06/16 09:10 AM
07/06/16 09:10 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: APL
Dedi - why do you leave out all the other pertinent texts?

Example, you quote Luke 1:30 And the angel said to her, Fear not, Mary: for you have found favor with God. But you leave out Luke 2:23 (As it is written in the law of the LORD, Every male that opens the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;) You quote: Hebrews 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; but leave out Hebrews 2:16-18 For truly he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Why in all things it behooved him to be made like to his brothers, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that he himself has suffered being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted. You qoute: Matthew 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared to him in a dream, saying, Joseph, you son of David, fear not to take to you Mary your wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. But leave out: Galatians 4:4-5 But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

You say: "He was God from the everlasting, He took on human flesh at the incarnation, He was God with us, who had taken on the liabilities of human flesh. " but you mean that his human flesh was not like our human flesh, but something different. So was not really touched with we are afflicted. You say He really did not share our heredity. But that is not what the Bible says. It says he Matthew 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses. He had our sickness. Ellen White agrees: It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life. {DA 48.5}

If Christ did not share our fallen sinful human nature, the the whole thing is a shame. You think sin is too powerful for God to take on Himself and wipe it out. You deny the whole plan of salvation! That if the implications of your belief. As EGW writes: He took upon His sinless nature our sinful nature, that He might know how to succor those that are tempted. {MM 181.3} That is the key to salvation. The whole was NOT a sham. It was the real deal.

Yes there are mysteries we can not fathom! How did Christ take our sinful human nature, which He did, and not fall into sin? It did not start at some "age of accountability" which is a non-Biblical human idea. It started in the womb! And not once did he step over the line from conception to crucifixion.
(bold emphasis mine)

Well, Christ had a fallen human nature and a holy divine nature. So, even though Christ was tempted "just as we are", Jesus was never "just as we are". He was divine as we are not. A very hard mystery to understand, but, true all the same.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: dedication] #180946
07/06/16 09:13 AM
07/06/16 09:13 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
dedication wrote;

"The man in Romans 7 sins, it says in plain English that even though he wants to obey he can't do it. If that describes Christ you make Christ out to be a sinner who can NEVER SAVE YOU, He would need a Savior Himself.

Romans 7 describes sinful man who is trying to clean himself up. It does not describe Christ's human nature."

This is a completely true statement as the Bible teaches it. Can we all agree with this statement?

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180954
07/07/16 03:29 AM
07/07/16 03:29 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
The man in Romans 7 sins, it says in plain English that even though he wants to obey he can't do it. If that describes Christ you make Christ out to be a sinner who can NEVER SAVE YOU, He would need a Savior Himself.
Yes, the man in Romans 7 sins. No, it is not describing Christ a sinner. Yes, it is describing the nature of man that Christ took and in that nature, never sinned. Christ "condemned sin in the flesh".
Romans 7 describes sinful man who is trying to clean himself up.
NO it does not. It is a man who is recognizing that he is utterly helpless and cannot save himself and he cries out, Romans 7:24-25 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. Then read Romans 8!

Christ! Christ took on our fallen human nature and did not sin. This is grace. Grace is Christ's knowledge of how to save our fallen human nature because He went through it. Read Isaiah 53. Read Isaiah 53:11 and compare it with Titus 3:5-7. This is a Bible defining grace, being its own expositor. And where did He get the knowledge? Read all of Isaiah 53. He took on Himself our fallen sinful nature.

Christ’s life of humiliation should be a lesson to all who desire to exalt themselves above their fellow men. Though He had no taint of sin upon His character, yet He condescended to connect our fallen human nature with his divinity. By thus taking humanity, He honored humanity. Having taken our fallen nature, He showed what it might become by accepting the ample provision He has made for it, and by becoming [a] partaker of the divine nature. {Lt81-1896}

In humility Christ began His mighty work of lifting the fallen race from the degradation of sin, recovering them by His divine power, which He had linked with humanity.
{Lt81-1896}

EGW is clear that Christ took our fallen sinful nature but maintained His character. Christ lowered Himself, condescending to take our nature and raise it up from the degradation of sin. That is the plan of redemption!

We must be converted and born again before we can gain true victories over sin, Christ did NOT have to be converted and born again or overcome propensities to sin.
Christ came to set us an example of how to overcome. {Ms29-1886} Did christ overcome that which we must overcome? If not, then He is not our example. Are you learning to overcome as Christ overcame? {Ms18-1887} Revelation 3:21 To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. It is by overcoming the world, the flesh, and the devil that any student comes into possession of that knowledge that gives him access to the tree of life. We must all learn that we must overcome as Christ overcame in our behalf. {Ms161-1898} So why do some claim Christ had nothing to overcome that we have to overcome? It does not make sense.

Christ understands us more intimately than you can imagine.
The example He has left must be followed. He took upon His sinless nature our sinful nature, that He might know how to succor those that are tempted. {Lt67-1902} How can one say Christ did not truly take on Himself our sinful nature? This is how He understands!

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180956
07/07/16 05:26 AM
07/07/16 05:26 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
First step --

We must address "grace".

Before we can "grow in grace" in Jesus Christ.
We must be saved by grace.

Grace is unmerited favor to sinful humans who don't deserve grace, but deserve punishment for their rebellion against the Sovereign God of all creation.

Christ took the guilt of our sins upon Himself and took that punishment in our place, so He can extend to us grace. (Something we do not deserve, but He so loves us)

Without grace all are under the law -- the law condemned us to death for the wages of sin is death, and all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. There is absolutely no way we can be justified by the law.

But because Christ took our sins and died our punishment, He can extend grace to us, and give us another chance to accept Him and become citizens of His kingdom.

That is marvelous grace.

Christ was born "under the law".
All were "kept under the law" till His coming, in faith looking forward to the grace He would bring. They died in the faith of a coming Savior who would redeem them.

Had Christ failed in His mission, had He failed to keep the law perfectly, all those people who died in the hope of a coming Redeemer from sin, would have hoped in vain.

In due time Christ came, born of a woman, born UNDER THE LAW.

To be under the law means that law must be kept perfectly in every detail, in absolute holiness and purity, or the law will condemn, and eternal death is the end.

For Christ there was no grace -- He MUST be justified by the law -- and only those who are perfectly sinless, never failing in even the least can be accounted just by the law. There is NO grace in the law.

It was only in living that perfect, sinless, holy, pure, undefiled human life, from birth to death, that Jesus is the only "human" that ever lived Who is accounted just or "justified" by the law.

It is by His shed blood that our sins are forgiven, and by His perfectly just and righteous life, which he credits to the repentant sinner that we are justified. We are not "under the law" condemned to death, but "under grace" alive to live for Christ!

This is the essential core of salvation.

What we need far more of is to focus on the glorious holiness of our Savior, not drag Him down to our low level.

Yes, He is our example.
But that example is what HE wants to change us into,
it's the life He wants to give us, as we walk daily with Him.

It's what we are to BECOME as his grace transforms our lives as we surrender fully to Him.

It's not an example of what we are -- it's not an example of our stumbling and fighting to overcome propensities of evil
He had NO propensities of evil, yes, He took on our fallen flesh, but NOT it's corruption.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180957
07/07/16 05:59 AM
07/07/16 05:59 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Jesus was tempted in all POINTS as we are.
What are the points
" It is by overcoming the world, the flesh, and the devil"
Or from scripture---
1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Satan tailors temptations to match the individual being tempted.
It was on the same "POINTS" that all are tempted, but tailored for the individual.

Yes, Christ overcame the world,
--temptation #3 in the wilderness,
Satan offered Him the world, in partnership with him, an easier way then the humility and death on a cross --
Satan was constantly tempting Christ to side step the Father's will and take control of the world. He got the people saying "Come let us make Him king" -- Just think how we can defeat the Romans -- anyone hurt in battle would be healed or resurrected. The army would always be fed all they needed was a couple of fish and loaves will feed thousands...
Christ was not only fully human, He was fully divine, He COULD have used His divine powers to conquer the world, destroy satan and set up His kingdom then and there -- BUT THAT WAS not the heavenly plan, it was NOT God's will.

Yes, Jesus overcame the world.

Yes, He overcame the flesh
--temptation #1 -- do something against God's will to meet the needs of a tremendous physical hunger -- He was so hungry for food He was fainting.
People were constantly ridiculing and bullying Him in childhood as a "goody goody", in adulthood there were always people trying to trap Him. Irritations were in abundance. But He was always loving, compassionate, and unruffled, composed.
Yes, he overcame the flesh.

Yes, He overcame the devil
The devil could find nothing in Christ to make his temptations stick.
John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
14:31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do.
--

Christ did not have to overcome sin within, BECAUSE HE HAD NO SIN WITHIN TO OVERCOME. If people think He did, then they think He was a sinner. Christ was perfectly SINLESS. He overcame all the temptations that Satan hurled at Him, temptations tailored specifically for Christ, which covered all the POINTS upon which we are tempted.

We need to focus far more on the perfect HOLINESS, love and goodness of Christ. His matchless love and grace.
By beholding we become changed.
If we create a Christ full of sin, struggling to overcome it, we will never rise any higher than that.

Christ is our example of what He wants to do with our lives-- what we are to become, as we walk daily with Him. To be more and more like Jesus. He is NOT an example of what we are.
We need to be justified, born again, and learn to live a life of sanctification. He always lived the perfect sanctified life.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180961
07/07/16 03:46 PM
07/07/16 03:46 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

We must address "grace".
Did you not like the Bible definition of Grace?

Yes, He is our example.
But that example is what HE wants to change us into
Read again Revelation 3:21. So when it is written we must overcome as He overcame, you say this is false. I don't think so.

Jesus was tempted in all POINTS as we are.
What are the points
" It is by overcoming the world, the flesh, and the devil"
Or from scripture---
1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Satan tailors temptations to match the individual being tempted.
It was on the same "POINTS" that all are tempted, but tailored for the individual.
Christ was tempted on all points as we are. The word "all" means "all".

By dragging Christ down to our level of "sinful nature" people can then elevate their own righteousness, saying, well Christ had to battle this tendency as well, so I don't feel so bad about it.

When we drag Christ down to our level, we drag down the standard. Then we see in Christ a man struggling against sin, not a perfect life.

Christ didn't have to be "born again" -- He didn't have to overcome a carnal nature. He abhorred sin, it pained Him. He had the spiritual nature from the beginning.
He took our nature and overcame, that we through taking His nature might overcome. Made "in the likeness of sinful flesh" (Romans 8:3), He lived a sinless life. Now by His divinity He lays hold upon the throne of heaven, while by His humanity He reaches us. {DA 311.5} Christ came all the way down to our level in order to take us up to His level. That is Gospel. He took upon His sinless nature our sinful nature, that He might know how to succor those that are tempted. {MM 181.3} While Adam was created sinless, in the likeness of God, Seth, like Cain, inherited the fallen nature of his parents. {PP 80.1} Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life. {DA 48.5} The Catholic belief is that Christ did not inherit a fallen nature from His mother, leading to the belief of the imaculate conception that Mary experienced. But we know that Christ shares our heredity.

Read the last two EGW quotes again.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180972
07/10/16 02:09 AM
07/10/16 02:09 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The question is not -- did Christ take on fallen human nature, the question is WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
The question is not -- are we to over come as He overcame, but rather again, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

CHRIST'S NATURE
Christ did not come in the form of pre-fall Adam, He did not possess the physical and mental vigor that Adam possessed. He came in a body with the physical heredity capacities common to His time. He was born with a human nature that was weakened by sin, and therefore severely limited as a means by which to resist sin. For example, in the flesh, Jesus could experience a level of weariness and exhaustion unfathomable to the pre-Fall Adam. Adam had mental capacities far superior to the mental capacities of man 4000 years after the fall.
Christ took on the full liabilities of the sin weakened physical body of mankind.
However, Jesus was not sickly(as the Catholic drawings depict Him) He could walk for miles, preach and heal all day and pray all night and do it all over again the next day. But like all humans He got tired, and needed rest, hungry and needed to eat, and probably foot sore from all that walking -- just like any human being.

Yes, Christ had weakened flesh that was susceptible to temptation. But remember though temptation attacks through the flesh, yet flesh in itself is not the source of sin.
The problem is, as we yield to sin, that sin implants itself in the flesh and demands more and more of the sin. This takes place even before we reach an age where we can really reason from a moral standpoint, because we are born carnal.
Thus sin becomes part and parcel of our flesh.
However, the flesh in itself is not sin. The sin is in our inclinations and propensities and desires for sin that we nurture in the flesh. These Christ did not have.

Remember scripture says, God will remove from us the stony heart and give us a heart of flesh. {Ezek. 11:19 & 36:26) Surely no one believes this "heart of flesh" is sin. No -- it is a heart that can feel love for truth, and suffer anguish when it comes in contact with sin.
Christ had this "heart of flesh" and He felt intense agony and sorrow when surrounded by sin. He also felt great compassion and genuine love for sinners in bondage to sin.

The difference is that we are born with a carnal nature that embeds sin into our flesh, and hardens our hearts and minds from an early age, and which then tempts us from within, as our inclinations are towards sin, and all we can do is sin, unless there is Divine intervention.
Whereas Christ was tempted from without, not from within -- He had no sin within. In either case, the flesh is the channel through which we experience temptation, but it is not, of itself, the source.

Our sinful propensities hide behind the flesh and express themselves through the flesh. So they are often referred to as the flesh itself.
Jesus life was perfectly sinless. There were no sinful habits or propensities embedded in His flesh that had to be overcome. His nature condemned sin in the flesh. Yet, He did not have the superior body and mind of Adam to resist the temptations from without. In His physical sin weakened flesh He resisted those temptations that were trying to lodge themselves in His flesh, and fully and completely kept them from lodging there.

He did NOT have corrupted flesh -- only sin weakened flesh. There is a big difference. He did not have to overcome sin that was established within -- there was no sin within.
This point MUST be upheld, for to do otherwise is to present Christ before the people as a sinner.

FOR US -- OVERCOMING SIN
It is so important to understand about Grace and justification.
When we come to Christ in repentance and claim His grace of unmerited favor which, totally forgives and credits our lives with His merits -- and accounts us as CLEAN, accepted by God, justified, and only then can we "grow in grace" as we reckon ourselves dead to sin (through Christ's death) and alive to serve and glorify Him (the power of resurrection), No longer dead IN sin, but dead TO sin and alive in Christ.

NOW, justified by His grace, we can overcome as Christ overcame--
Not to earn our justification, but motivated by the love and unfathomable gift of justification, we move forward to glorify our God and Savior.
Just as Christ came to glorify God.
How did Christ resist temptation?
By total surrender to God, and totally placing His human will, under the will of the Father.
We too are to totally surrender ourselves to Christ and place our will, under His will, walking daily with our Redeemer in love and obedience.
And that is how we overcome like Christ overcame --

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180975
07/10/16 06:20 AM
07/10/16 06:20 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
The difference is that we are born with a carnal nature that embeds sin into our flesh, and hardens our hearts and minds from an early age, and which then tempts us from within, as our inclinations are towards sin, and all we can do is sin, unless there is Divine intervention.
Whereas Christ was tempted from without, not from within -- He had no sin within. In either case, the flesh is the channel through which we experience temptation, but it is not, of itself, the source.
He who took humanity upon Himself, knows just how to sympathize with the sufferings of humanity. He has the same nature as the sinner although He knew no sin, in order that He might be able to condemn sin in the flesh and might be able to sympathize with those who were in the difficulties, dangers, and temptations that beset His own path while He walked with men. They are to obtain help as He Himself obtained it, through a vital connection with God. {Lt35-1894}

Look to Jesus, your substitute and surety and righteousness.
He became sin for us who knew no sin, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. He gives the crown of life to those who are faithful unto death. He it is who gives to eat of the hidden manna. My dear sister, Jesus will not leave you. He loves you with an everlasting love, and as you trust in Him your faith will grow and increase. The more you trust your Redeemer the more you will love Him. He is your Friend in life or in death. He is the crown of your rejoicing. He is worthy of your fullest faith. {Lt35-1894}

Christ was tempted AS WE ARE. Dedication say NO. Dedication says sin it not in the flesh. But it is written, Christ condemned sin IN THE FLESH. Christ BECAME SIN, Dedication say NO, because then He would be a sinner.

I'll take the Bible and EGW on this one, and it is Good News! Christ know EXACTLY how to solve the problem, because He went through it. Is our faithful high priest.

Hebrews 2:14-18 For as much then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For truly he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Why in all things it behooved him to be made like to his brothers, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that he himself has suffered being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: dedication] #180985
07/11/16 02:06 PM
07/11/16 02:06 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Obviously you are on a totally different thought path than me.
I have not taken ANY position that you suggest.

I believe if you look back you will find where you initiated the "age of reasoning" thing.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!