The American Presidential election of 2016 promises to be unique, to put it mildly.
Is there a candidate among the Presidential hopefuls who could conceivably help to form the image to the Beast?

Excerpt from a Donald Trump Speech, January 23, 2016: Business Insider

TRUMP: If I'm president, 'Christianity will have power' in the US

"I'm a true believer. And you're many true believers — I hope all — is everybody a true believer in this room? I think so. But Christianity is under tremendous siege," Trump told supporters at Dordt College, a Christian liberal-arts school.

The real-estate mogul lamented that Christians do not wield as much political influence in the US as they could.

"The power of our group of people together, I mean, if you add it up ... it could be 240, 250 million. And yet we don't exert the power that we should have. Now, I think some of the churches are afraid of their tax status, to be honest," he said.

"But you know the fact is that there is nothing the politicians can do to you if you band together. You have too much power. But the Christians don't use their power," Trump said. "We have to strengthen. Because we are getting — if you look, it's death by a million cuts — we are getting less and less and less powerful in terms of a religion, and in terms of a force," he continued."...

..."I'll tell you one thing: I get elected president, we're going to be saying 'merry Christmas' again. Just remember that," he said. "And by the way, Christianity will have power, without having to form."

He added: "Because if I'm there, you're going to have plenty of power. You don't need anybody else. You're going to have somebody representing you very, very well. Remember that."

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-christianity-merry-christmas-2016-1

A Presidential candidate willing to unite Church and State in order to gain power?
Can you think of anybody capable of that?

"The beast with two horns is also to say “to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast;” and, furthermore, it is to command all, “both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond,” to receive the mark of the beast. Revelation 13:11-16. It has been shown that the United States is the power represented by the beast with lamblike horns, and that this prophecy will be fulfilled when the United States shall enforce Sunday observance, which Rome claims as the special acknowledgment of her supremacy. " {DD 27.2}

"...the very act of enforcing a religious duty by secular power, the churches would themselves form an image to the beast; hence the enforcement of Sundaykeeping in the United States would be an enforcement of the worship of the beast and his image." – {GC 448.3}

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16