HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 32 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179966
03/25/16 06:51 PM
03/25/16 06:51 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Here's another one:

Rev 20:12 KJV And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179967
03/25/16 07:31 PM
03/25/16 07:31 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Elle,

John 3:16 speaks of "whosoever believeth" (some, not all) should not "perish" but have "everlasting life." What the text does NOT say is the clincher to your question. The text does NOT say that Jesus' gift of eternal life will be given to ALL.

As others have pointed out, the Bible speaks of some who perish. Many places in the Bible address those who will be separated out from the righteous and be lost, burned, or perish. "Perish" does not mean "live." They are polar opposites.

For example, from Psalm 1:6 "For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish."

This theme is found consistently throughout the Bible. Jesus said in Matthew:

18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast [them] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

There is no reason for Jesus to pronounce a woe (curse) upon those who offend others (e.g. teach them to sin) if in the end they will be saved like the ones they offended. And why would Jesus cast the saved into "hell fire"? Saved people are not burned, nor cast in the fire to be burned.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179969
03/25/16 10:25 PM
03/25/16 10:25 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
So do you believe ALL are not raised in the first resurrection?

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: kland] #179971
03/26/16 01:16 AM
03/26/16 01:16 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: kland
So do you believe ALL are not raised in the first resurrection?

Though your post appears to be responding to Daryl, I will be happy to say that from my understanding of the Bible only a special group of wicked people will be raised before Christ comes, and definitely not all of them. In fact, I understand that there are to be THREE general resurrections. (I say "general" to distinguish them from special resurrections where an individual is raised to life, such as occasionally occurs in our world even today.)

1. Christ's murderers -- These will be raised just before He comes so that they have opportunity to witness His coming. (See Matthew 26:64 and Revelation 1:7.)

2. The righteous dead -- These will be raised at the trump of God when Christ has come, and they will rise to meet Him in the air, following which the righteous living will also join them in the air. (See 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 and 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.)

3. All the wicked who are to be raised to face judgment (a special few will never be raised again per God's mercy) -- These will be raised at Christ's third coming and will see the New Jerusalem with the saints of God in it. These will all acknowledge that God has been fair in punishing them, but will, nonetheless, seek to make war with Him in order to overcome the City and possess it for themselves before God will bring fire upon them and destroy them all, root and branch. (See John 5:28-29, Revelation 21:8, Revelation 14:9-10, Revelation chapter 20, Romans 14:11-12, Philippians 2:10-12, Revelation 19:20, Malachi 4:1-3, and Matthew 18:8-9.)

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179974
03/26/16 11:55 AM
03/26/16 11:55 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
a special few will never be raised again per God's mercy

Why do you believe a lie?

///

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: James Peterson] #179978
03/26/16 03:00 PM
03/26/16 03:00 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
a special few will never be raised again per God's mercy

Why do you believe a lie?

///

James, if it were a lie I wouldn't believe it. I only believe what I understand to be the truth. I expect you are the same. Few people knowingly believe lies.

Here is the reason for my belief:
Originally Posted By: Ellen White
I saw that the slave-master would have to answer for the soul of his slave whom he has kept in ignorance; and all the sins of the slave will be visited upon the master. God cannot take the slave to heaven, who has been kept in ignorance and degradation, knowing nothing of God, or the Bible, fearing nothing but his master's lash, and not holding so elevated a position as his master's brute beasts. But he does the best thing for him that a compassionate God can do. He lets him be as though he had not been; while the master has to suffer the seven last plagues, and then come up in the second resurrection, and suffer the second, most awful death. Then the wrath of God will be appeased. {1SG 193.1}

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Last edited by Green Cochoa; 03/26/16 03:02 PM. Reason: Added Quotation

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Green Cochoa] #179981
03/26/16 05:34 PM
03/26/16 05:34 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
James, if it were a lie I wouldn't believe it. I only believe what I understand to be the truth. I expect you are the same. Few people knowingly believe lies. Here is the reason for my belief:

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
I saw that the slave-master would have to answer for the soul of his slave whom he has kept in ignorance; and all the sins of the slave will be visited upon the master. God cannot take the slave to heaven, who has been kept in ignorance and degradation, knowing nothing of God, or the Bible, fearing nothing but his master's lash, and not holding so elevated a position as his master's brute beasts. But he does the best thing for him that a compassionate God can do. He lets him be as though he had not been; while the master has to suffer the seven last plagues, and then come up in the second resurrection, and suffer the second, most awful death. Then the wrath of God will be appeased. {1SG 193.1}

Blessings, Green Cochoa.

Perhaps it failed to register (on you) that she failed to provide any biblical evidence for an idea drawn out of thin air.

On the other hand, Jesus speaks of those who will be better off not having been born:
  • JUDAS: "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had never been born." (Mark 14:21)

• PEDOPHILES: "It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones." (Luke 17:2)

And, Jesus (and Paul) also speaks about the resurrection of EVERYONE.
  • See John 5:28, "Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which ALL WHO ARE IN THE GRAVES will hear His voice ..."

• See Rom. 14:10-12, "For WE SHALL ALL stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: 'As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.' So then EACH OF US shall give account of himself to God."

According to Jesus Christ (and Paul) then, ALL who are in the graves, we shall ALL (EACH ONE of us) be raised, bow and confess. Therefore, the thin idea that only some will be raised (EGW, 1SG 193.1) is false, misleading and beguiling.

///

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: James Peterson] #179983
03/26/16 10:34 PM
03/26/16 10:34 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Perhaps it failed to register (on you) that she failed to provide any biblical evidence for an idea drawn out of thin air.

You have a choice what you will believe, James. However, there is plenty of Biblical evidence to support what I believe. I believe in a God of mercy, don't you? I don't believe God is a cruel tyrant, do you?

Essentially, in not choosing to accept what Mrs. White declares as being consistent with the nature of God, you turn your eyes away from the teachings of the Bible about God's character. You have the freedom to do this, granted by God, but do you think God feels happy when people believe lies?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179984
03/26/16 11:22 PM
03/26/16 11:22 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
///

EGW's and your lack of Biblical evidence is glaring still.

///

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: James Peterson] #179985
03/27/16 01:29 AM
03/27/16 01:29 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
///

EGW's and your lack of Biblical evidence is glaring still.

///

Then prove to me, from the Bible, that God is not merciful. I assumed you would not require proof that God was merciful, but it appears I misunderstood your position. Please show me, from the Bible, where I am wrong. Maybe I read texts like Exodus 34:6-7 differently than you do?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Page 10 of 32 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!