HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,186
Posts195,505
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 17
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
8 registered members (Kevin H, TruthinTypes, Wendell Slattery, Daryl, ProdigalOne, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Reversing Type 2 Diabetes #180587
05/20/16 07:27 PM
05/20/16 07:27 PM
W
Wendell Slattery  Online Content OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
Recent research has shown that people who become type 2 diabetics on the average gain 2 grams of fat in their pancreas, and once they do that, then the body becomes diabetic. It is believed by some scientists that somehow the small amount of extra fat changes the way the pancreas works. There is no drug that will remove fat exclusively from the pancreas, though it would be wonderful if such a drug existed, but unfortunately, it does not. So, as an alternative, several organizations have tried to find was to reverse type 2 diabetes through diet.

Note that some individuals will become diabetic will a gain of less than 2 grams of fat while others will need more. It varies, but the average is 2 grams of fat.

The link below will take you to a web site of one such organization and will also give you information about how you can do the same thing.

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/diabetes/reversal.htm

If you are type 2 diabetic and decide you want to do this, be absolutely sure you do this in cooperation with a doctor. If you don't, you may find yourself in serious trouble.

It is not known exactly how this gain of fat causes diabetes, but it does appear to do so. However, there may be a better explanation. It is known from other research that when fat tissue increases, the fat cells put certain receptors on their surfaces which in turn activate macrophages. These in turn cause changes in the behavior of the immune system that is normally present in the fat tissue from what scientists call a Th2 state (which if present in the lungs or nose or blood is called an allergy state) to the Th1 state, which is the normal state of the immune system in the rest of the body, but is abnormal for fat tissue. This change causes inflammation in the fat tissue which in turn causes insulin resistance. My guess is that the gain of 2 grams of fat in the pancreas is a marker of when this change occurs in the fat tissue. Either way, reducing the fat in the pancreas will reverse diabetes in nearly 80% of those who do this. The remaining cases probably have other causes related to genetics that control the insulin and glucose signaling system inside the cells of the body.

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: Wendell Slattery] #180596
05/22/16 01:49 PM
05/22/16 01:49 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Wendell Slattery
Recent research has shown that people who become type 2 diabetics on the average gain 2 grams of fat in their pancreas, and once they do that, then the body becomes diabetic. It is believed by some scientists that somehow the small amount of extra fat changes the way the pancreas works. There is no drug that will remove fat exclusively from the pancreas, though it would be wonderful if such a drug existed, but unfortunately, it does not. So, as an alternative, several organizations have tried to find was to reverse type 2 diabetes through diet.

Note that some individuals will become diabetic will a gain of less than 2 grams of fat while others will need more. It varies, but the average is 2 grams of fat.

The link below will take you to a web site of one such organization and will also give you information about how you can do the same thing.

If you are type 2 diabetic and decide you want to do this, be absolutely sure you do this in cooperation with a doctor. If you don't, you may find yourself in serious trouble.

It is not known exactly how this gain of fat causes diabetes, but it does appear to do so. However, there may be a better explanation. It is known from other research that when fat tissue increases, the fat cells put certain receptors on their surfaces which in turn activate macrophages. These in turn cause changes in the behavior of the immune system that is normally present in the fat tissue from what scientists call a Th2 state (which if present in the lungs or nose or blood is called an allergy state) to the Th1 state, which is the normal state of the immune system in the rest of the body, but is abnormal for fat tissue. This change causes inflammation in the fat tissue which in turn causes insulin resistance. My guess is that the gain of 2 grams of fat in the pancreas is a marker of when this change occurs in the fat tissue. Either way, reducing the fat in the pancreas will reverse diabetes in nearly 80% of those who do this. The remaining cases probably have other causes related to genetics that control the insulin and glucose signaling system inside the cells of the body.

This is the first time I've heard this. We need spend a lot more money on research of these types of issues.

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: Alchemy] #180615
05/24/16 07:01 PM
05/24/16 07:01 PM
W
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
I am not surprised that you have not heard about this. Most doctors do not know about it, but given the amount of research materials that they are expected to read to keep up, it does not surprise me.

I accidentally ran across the information concerning the macrophages and the change in the immune system inside the fat tissue when I was looking into research on what are called the M1 and M2 state of the macrophages in the immune system. Though I was primarily interested in that information in relation to the lungs, this research came among it. I was very surprised to learn that the state of the immune system in the fat tissue is normally a Th2 state. That is what is called an allergic state anywhere else in the body, so it surprised me that it would be that way normally in the fat tissue.

My own thinking is that it might be possible to develop a chemical that blocks the receptor for the macrophages and combine it with something which targets the fat tissue and causes apoptosis (cell death) so as to reduce the fat tissue overload. This would have the same effect as losing weight on the diabetes.

However, I also think that a lot more research needs to go on in regard to the bacteria in the gut because they do have quite a bit to do with body weight. There have been people who have been doing bacterial transplants from one person's colon to another as a means of treating certain diseases, especially intestinal related diseases, and doing it with some degree of success. However, some interesting side effects have been noted. One case that has been noticed is that of a woman who got a bacterial transplant from her adult daughter, who was rather heavily overweight. The recipient of the transplant, her mother, had never been overweight, BUT, after receiving the transplant, within 6 months she gained 30 pounds without having changed her diet or the amount of food she was eating or the amount of exercise she was doing. This clearly tells me that the bacteria in the gut have a whole lot to do with body weight, but unfortunately, not much is known about which bacteria are responsible for this effect.

Just recently I read of a man who decided to do the same thing for his irritable bowel syndrome. He got bacteria from a friend. Well, it worked quite well as his condition was essentially cured. But what is interesting is that within a relatively short time, he unexpectedly lost 10 pounds of excess weight without changing his diet or food intake or exercise level. Thus, again, the bacteria caused this effect.

So, it is my thinking that a whole lot of good could be accomplished by doing more research into the bacteria in the gut and how they can control the body weight. Research has already shown that bacterial transplants in diabetics improve their condition, but I think this could be taken even further if we just knew more about it. We should be able to force the weight off simply by changing the bacteria in the gut. This would be a whole lot easier on the patient!

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: Wendell Slattery] #180622
05/24/16 10:55 PM
05/24/16 10:55 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Spend a lot more money on research? Why? We've already been given the solution over 100 years ago. In fact, over 6,000 years ago.

Simple. Stop eating bad food. And don't eat too much good food. Shall we cut off a person's hands or part of their stomach because their stomach is their god?

Show me someone who had acquired diabetes and who eats a healthful diet and I'll show you someone who has become free!

I know of very very few, if any, who are willing to do that. Many would rather amputate a leg rather than give up their pleasure.

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: Wendell Slattery] #180633
05/25/16 07:51 PM
05/25/16 07:51 PM
W
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
kland, It is not as simple as that. As I pointed out, there are bacteria in the gut that have a major impact on current health. Changing the diet will change the bacteria to some degree, but you cannot get bacteria there that are not there in the first place. Thus, we do need research to help people with these problems.

Not everybody in the world reads Ellen White nor is it likely that they'll do as you suggest. You seem to border on the idea that Adventist doctors basically let people die because they won't do what needs done. I don't think that is right to do. There are ways to help them that can make the process a lot easier, but it will take some research, research information that is NOT given to us by Ellen White.

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: Wendell Slattery] #180664
06/03/16 03:42 PM
06/03/16 03:42 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Again, Show me someone who had acquired diabetes and who eats a healthful diet and I'll show you someone who has become free!

Do you think someone who has had a tracheostomy and still insists on smoking should be helped with holding the cigarette in his trach?

Should people be let to die who do not wish to live, those who refuse to choose life? Hmmm. Interesting question you bring up.

As far as research goes, what amount of research do you need to show you that eating healthy is the best choice? Research has already supported what the Bible and Ellen White has given us. Why do you reject the obvious?

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: kland] #180669
06/04/16 12:53 AM
06/04/16 12:53 AM
D
daylily  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Spend a lot more money on research? Why? We've already been given the solution over 100 years ago. In fact, over 6,000 years ago.

Simple. Stop eating bad food. And don't eat too much good food. Shall we cut off a person's hands or part of their stomach because their stomach is their god?

Show me someone who had acquired diabetes and who eats a healthful diet and I'll show you someone who has become free!

I know of very very few, if any, who are willing to do that. Many would rather amputate a leg rather than give up their pleasure.

Apparently one can eat a healthful diet and still have blood sugar problems. Both my parents and one grandma had diabetes. Type 2. I have eaten a healthy vegetarian diet since I was 18 (I am now almost 62) and a healthy vegan diet for the last 25 years or so. I have not eaten candy, cookies, or other junk food since around age 18 and raised my kids not to be junk food eaters.

I am 5'8" tall and weigh 120 lbs. A few years ago, I started having high blood sugars after meals and still do if I don't restrict carbs. Keep in mind that I haven't eaten bad carbs for decades. My only beverage is water. Sometimes unsweetened herb tea medicinally. I'm talking about whole grains, beans, fruits. My fasting blood, so far, is excellent.

I know that stress is a huge factor in developing diabetes and I've had a good bit of it through my life. Now my older daughter who weighs about 117 lbs is having the same problem. Something is going on besides a bad diet! Our diet is excellent. We grow much of our own food, organically, keep as many chemicals as possible out of our lives, etc.

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: Wendell Slattery] #180670
06/04/16 01:22 AM
06/04/16 01:22 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Wendell Slattery

Nothing "reverses" type 2 diabetes, it can reduce the level but it still remains.

Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: Wendell Slattery] #180671
06/04/16 01:32 AM
06/04/16 01:32 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: rick h
Nothing "reverses" type 2 diabetes, it can reduce the level but it still remains.
Nothing reverses Type 1 diabetes. Type 2 can be reversed and often with in days or weeks on the right diet. Type 1 Diabetes comes from destruction of the Islet cells in the pancreas so that the pancreas does not produce insulin. Type 2 patients become resistant to insulin.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes [Re: APL] #180672
06/04/16 10:44 AM
06/04/16 10:44 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Originally Posted By: rick h
Nothing reverses Type 1 diabetes. Type 2 can be reversed and often with in days or weeks on the right diet. Type 1 Diabetes comes from destruction of the Islet cells in the pancreas so that the pancreas does not produce insulin. Type 2 patients become resistant to insulin.
Not reversed, but reduce the damage, Type 2 stays just at lower levels so the damage to the kidneys and other organs is less, but if you were to eat any high levels of sugar, the damage would again being and start to appear on your charts, trust me I have "reversed" it several times.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:23 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 03/15/24 08:53 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
How tall were Adam and Eve?
by dedication. 02/28/24 07:30 PM
Hebrew word YOM or yowm meaning?
by dedication. 02/26/24 05:42 AM
The Book of Job
by teresaq. 02/22/24 04:43 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by kland. 03/05/24 01:37 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Daryl. 02/29/24 11:21 AM
Should Walter Veight have preached this sermon?
by dedication. 02/21/24 05:28 PM
Labor Unions and Adventist
by Rick H. 02/20/24 01:59 PM
Spiritualism: Across The Gulf...
by Rick H. 02/20/24 01:52 PM
Samuele Bacchiocchi & Recent Article Concerns
by dedication. 02/20/24 01:39 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!