I don't really know if Thomas Sowell is a Christian. I suspect he might be from some of the things he says in his books, but I cannot say for sure. Like most good economists he sticks purely to how things actually work in the book I recommended. He has actually written a lot of books on several different subjects, and I've read several of them. I will say this for the man: he is honest and dislikes dishonesty. He exposes a lot of it in his books.

As to your other request for books, I don't know of any off the top of my head. There is a good book on the Biblical principles of how money works and how governments manipulate money, Honest Money, it written by a guy by the name of Gary North. He is a Christian, but holds some views of what Christianity should do in the world--he thinks Christians ought to enforce their beliefs through the power of politics--that I find reprehensible, but his book on money is very good. He doesn't get into the parts of his beliefs I find so reprehensible in the book Honest Money. He just lays out the Biblical principles of how money works. I learned a lot from it.

Edit: North's book Honest Money is available as a free download from mises.org.

Last edited by Gary K; 03/21/17 04:55 PM.