HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,127 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180823
06/23/16 02:29 PM
06/23/16 02:29 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Dedication, if, as you say:

"...every temptation was an appeal to Christ to use His Divinity to go against the Divine plan and agreement which Christ had made with God the Father."

How then was Jesus, "...in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin."?

It may well be that resisting the temptation to use His Divinity was a far more powerful test than any human must endure. Nevertheless, I fail to see how that qualifies as being "in all points tempted like as we are"? I have never been tempted to use my God-like powers to make bread or fly.

"...we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin."
Hebrews 4:15

Hebrews clearly states that Jesus was tempted "like as we are", that He was "touched with the feeling of our infirmities".

This is our assurance that He has felt our powerlessness in the face of temptation. In order to abstain from reliance upon His own Divinity, He needed to obtain strength from the Father. So, yes Jesus was doubly tempted, but to claim that He did not suffer the same temptations as each of us is to deny that He was "touched with the feeling of our infirmities".

When faced with normal human temptations: to lie, to steal, to lust etc., where is my perfect example, my perfect savior who has gone before and won the victory over each and every sin? Where is the One who has shone the Light upon the perfect path of sanctification by the sweat of His brow, the submission of His will, the Grace of His Father?

My need is not for a Savior who has resisted darkness in ways that I will never comprehend. How am I brought closer to perfection by resisting the urge to fly or divinely transform stones into bread?

It is the lesson of pride, the lesson of appetite, overcoming the human temptations to stray from the Father's will, that I need. Jesus has shown me that there is nothing I can face that He has not overcome.

He is my perfect example. He is my shining Light with no shadow of turning!

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180826
06/23/16 08:56 PM
06/23/16 08:56 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
I think what Dedication is saying is that Christ used nothing that we are not privileged to use. Where I depart from Dedication is that she turns "likeness" in to "unlikeness". Christ came in sinful flesh, not sinless flesh. He took our sinful natures, and our sinful flesh, at the point of weakness to which we had brought it, submitting himself to all the conditions of the race, and placing himself where we are to fight the conflict that we have to fight, the fight of faith. And he did this by the same power to which we have access.

He took human nature, and bore the infirmities and degeneracy of the race. He who knew no sin became sin for us. He humiliated Himself to the lowest depths of human woe, that He might be qualified to reach man and bring him up from the degradation in which sin had plunged him. In taking upon Himself man's nature in its fallen condition, Christ did not in the least participate in its sin. He was subject to the infirmities and weaknesses by which man is encompassed, not as Adam before his fall, but as we are after the fall. He was touched with the feeling of our infirmities, and was in all points tempted like as we are. And yet He "knew no sin." He was the lamb "without blemish and without spot."

It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man’s nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180833
06/25/16 04:13 AM
06/25/16 04:13 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Adam stood in his innocence -- he had never sinned.

Do you believe that Christ stood in total innocence when He was a man? Or do you think he stood guilty of sin?
(I'm not referring OUR sins which took, I'm asking if you think He was innocent or guilty of sin?

And if you say, "Innocent" which I hope you do, because it is the absolute truth --
Then Jesus stood in His innocence in Palestine, just as Adam stood in his innocence in Eden.

Do you stand in innocence, having never sinned? Or do you need a lot of cleansing and forgiveness for all the sins you've committed in your life?

Did Christ need a lot of cleansing and forgiveness?

This whole emphases on Christ having a nature full of sin, is far worse than anything the pope said.

You, like all of us, are struggling to overcome bad habits and sinful propensities. Did Jesus have to overcome bad habits and sinful propensities?

Yes, He took a human body that was weakened by 4000 years of sin-- with it's hungers and physical weaknesses, there is nothing wrong with hunger -- as long as it is held in control of the "higher power". Yes, our Lord kept those "hungers" perfectly in check in righteousness.

He overcame appetite how?
He didn't have to overcome bad eating habits. There was no sin to overcome.
His temptation on appetite came when He was terrible hungry-- there was absolutely no sin in wanting to eat at that time. But satan used His hunger to try and get Jesus to do something against His Father's will to meet a very legitimate need. Jesus knows what it feels like to say "no" when the "flesh" is crying out to be fed.

The problem is --

Some Adventists have taken this idea of "being tempted in all points as we" to such a point, they no longer have a Savior. Christ is no longer presented as the "spotless Lamb of God", but as full of sin, working hard to overcome His sinful nature. Instead of bowing before His matchless holiness and love, they picture Him as fighting against sin and fighting against all the same kinds of unloving thoughts that plague us.

Being tempted in all "points" or "principles", does not mean Christ's temptations were identical to ours. He had no propensities to evil what-so--ever.
Satan tailors temptations to match the person's personality.
Things that sorely tempt one person, don't have any affect on someone else, but the principles of sin can be narrowed down to key foundational roots upon which all sin springs.
Satan knew trying to get Christ to do evil was hopeless, so he worked with fiendish energy to get Christ to go against God's will in other ways.

Jesus came in the likeness of sinful human flesh, but He was NOT sinful. Yes, in that He was NOT like us.
And it is wrong to make Him all together like us.

Consider this illustration.

A man consents to work with a group of people infected with a deadly virus. (HIV or ebola) The man has the same type of body as the infected people; he is a man like they, he needs to eat, sleep, just like them. He looks just like them, he befriends them, talks with them, etc. He is susceptible to the disease. But there is one major difference. He does NOT have the disease. He can help and save the infected ones, but not vice versa.

So Jesus came to a world of people infected with the deadly virus of SIN. He had the same type of body as the infected ones. He could have sinned and become infected, but He did not -- And because He was NOT infected with the disease of SIN, He can help and save to the uttermost the infected ones that come to Him.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180834
06/25/16 05:05 AM
06/25/16 05:05 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Dedication - almost all in my last post is a quote. Do you have a problem with them?

Originally Posted By: dedication
Yes, He took a human body that was weakened by 4000 years of sin-- with it's hungers and physical weaknesses, there is nothing wrong with hunger -- as long as it is held in control of the "higher power". Yes, our Lord kept those "hungers" perfectly in check in righteousness.
HOW does sin weaken the body? Is the need to eat cause by sin?

Being tempted in all "points" or "principles", does not mean Christ's temptations were identical to ours.
He was temped "like as we are". Like does not mean unlike. Taking the "likeness of sinful flesh" does not mean unlikeness. Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

A man consents to work with a group of people infected with a deadly virus. (HIV or ebola) The man has the same type of body as the infected people; he is a man like they, he needs to eat, sleep, just like them. He looks just like them, he befriends them, talks with them, etc. He is susceptible to the disease. But there is one major difference. He does NOT have the disease.
Matthew 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses.

By taking upon Himself man’s nature IN ITS FALLEN CONDITION, CHRIST DID NOT IN THE LEAST PARTICIPATE IN ITS SIN. He was subject to the infirmities and weaknesses of the flesh with which humanity is encompassed, “that it might be fulfilled that was spoken by the prophet Esaias, Himself took our infirmities and bare our sicknesses.” He was touched with the feeling of our infirmities, and was in all points tempted like as we are. And yet He was without a spot. {Ms143-1897}

He "took" our "flesh with all its liabilities" but solved the problem of "sin in the flesh" (Romans 8:3)

The contrast between the two views is interesting. One says that Christ could not be our sinless Substitute, our Saviour from sin, our interceding High Priest, if He comes too close to us for He would then have been forced to sin. If sin is rooted in human flesh, it is invincible. The devil's invention of sin is too strong for God to deal with if He comes too close to it. (Logically therefore, this view would yield the great controversy to the enemy)

The other view sees that Christ could not be our Substitute and Saviour unless He does come close to us by identifying with us where we are, and solving that problem of sin right where it is, in our fallen, sinful nature. He has to be our second Adam, the new Head of the fallen human race. He cannot save what He does not take or assume. He cannot win a sham victory.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180851
06/27/16 04:17 AM
06/27/16 04:17 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Yes, I have a problem with your interpretation.
We come to this subject from totally different angles, thus we understand those quotes quite differently.

Jesus took on a human body (a real human body) that was weakened by 4000 years of sin, complete with it's hungers and physical weaknesses, there is nothing wrong with hunger -- as long as it is held in control of the "higher power".

How was it weakened by 4000 years of sin?

Adam was in perfect health and vitality -- but his descendants, through abusing the laws of health little by little broke down the amazing health and vitality of the human body. Successive generations no longer had the same level of health and vitality.
And yes, the natural hungers had become stronger, and perverted.
Just like alcoholic's pass on a hunger for alcohol to their children, the legitimate hungers are often fulfilled in illegitimate ways and passed on to descendants in their distorted form.

So Jesus overcame appetite.
No, hunger isn't sin, -- but feeding that hunger in a sinful way is sinful.

But Christ didn't have to overcome bad eating habits.
So how could He be tempted on appetite?

His temptation on appetite came when He was terrible hungry-- there was absolutely no sin in wanting to eat at that time. But satan used His hunger to try and get Jesus to do something against His Father's will to meet a very legitimate need. Jesus knows what it feels like to say "no" when the "flesh" is crying out to be fed.

Yet, we, just slightly hungry, find it hard to resist something we know we shouldn't eat. Or some may have forgotten to get food on Friday, and they are hungry after church, and Satan comes and tells them -- you have money go buy yourself some food.
We often can't resist when we are just a little hungry. Jesus resisted using His power to turn stones into delicious bread, when He was extremely hungry.

Jesus experienced all the principle points of temptation as we do, but in a different way.
Satan found no responding cord of evil within Jesus, but he finds all kinds of responding cords of evil in human hearts and minds.

Matthew-- That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses.

Yet there is no record that He was ever sick, He wasn't paralyzed, He didn't have Parkinsons, He didn't have cancer -- he never suffered from PMS, He never experienced childbirth.

Getting too literalistic is totally defeating the meaning of what it is saying.
Jesus took upon Himself all these things -- all the sin, and all the ailments that have resulted from sin and bore them AWAY.

How did He bear our sins?
Our sins were transferred to Him,
and He takes them away.

Our sicknesses -- transferred to Him, He bears them AWAY.

What is not understood --
Is that no human being with a father and a mother, has ever lived without sin. Not in the past, nor after the cross. All have sinned and seriously missed the mark.
Long before a child reaches the age of reason, selfishness has exhibited itself in hundreds of ways.

Jesus didn't miss the mark -- He was absolutely sinless, from birth, to His death, there was no sin in Him.

There was no grace available for Jesus -- He had to be justified by the law, and the law is ruthless, one sin, just one would have meant "guilty" and all would have been lost.

You are also confusing --
Christ coming close to us, with Christ being full of sin like us.
Christ comes very close to us.
He is there beside us when we wake up in the morning, hoping we will spend some time talking with Him.
He is there while we work and go through our day,
He is there while we are sleeping watching over us.
He wants to come very close -- right into our hearts.

Christ defeated Satan on the cross.
" When Christ died on Calvary's cross, he exclaimed in his expiring agony, "It is finished;" and Satan knew that he had been defeated in his purpose to overthrow the plan of salvation." ST Sept. 23, 1889

Satan is a defeated foe --

We need to chose to be on the winning side, not with the losers.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180852
06/27/16 05:34 AM
06/27/16 05:34 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Just like alcoholic's pass on a hunger for alcohol to their children,...
Ah - did Christ receive from his genetics ANY hungers for things like Alcohol? If you say yes, then you are agreeing with me. If you say no, then you are agreeing with the Catholic church that Mary was immaculate.

Yes, Jesus shared our heredity, but "never participated in its sin."

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180864
06/28/16 04:53 AM
06/28/16 04:53 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
isn't that what I said right from the start:

"Yes, He took a human body that was weakened by 4000 years of sin-- with it's hungers and physical weaknesses, there is nothing wrong with hunger -- as long as it is held in control of the "higher power". Yes, our Lord kept those "hungers" perfectly in check in righteousness.

But no, I do not believe he inherited a "hunger for alcohol" etc. Why?
Even though Mary was not immaculate, she needs a Savior just like everyone else, but God chose a young woman of excellent moral character to be Jesus' mother. Pre-natal influence from His mother was one of temperance and praising God. Mary spent the first half of her pregnancy with Elizabeth and Zachariah -- Luke 1:6 "they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless."

Quote:
As a child, Jesus manifested a peculiar loveliness of disposition. His willing hands were ever ready to serve others. He manifested a patience that nothing could disturb, and a truthfulness that would never sacrifice integrity. In principle firm as a rock, His life revealed the grace of unselfish courtesy. {DA 68.3}
With deep earnestness the mother of Jesus watched the unfolding of His powers, and beheld the impress of perfection upon His character. With delight she sought to encourage that bright, receptive mind. Through the Holy Spirit she received wisdom to co-operate with the heavenly agencies in the development of this child, who could claim only God as His Father. {DA 69.1}

His perfect life in Nazareth generated plenty of "trials and temptation" as the rest of the kids, and even his brothers saw to it that his life wasn't easy yet " He manifested a patience that nothing could disturb."

From infancy He lived a perfect life!

Quote:
"Jesus was misunderstood by His brothers because He was not like them....The example of Jesus was to them a continual irritation. He hated but one thing in the world, and that was sin. He could not witness a wrong act without pain which it was impossible to disguise....
Because the life of Jesus condemned evil, He was opposed, both at home and abroad. His unselfishness and integrity were commented on with a sneer. His forbearance and kindness were termed cowardice.
Of the bitterness that falls to the lot of humanity, there was no part which Christ did not taste. There were those who tried to cast contempt upon Him because of His birth, and even in His childhood He had to meet their scornful looks and evil whisperings. If He had responded by an impatient word or look, if He had conceded to His brothers by even one wrong act, He would have failed of being a perfect example. Thus He would have failed of carrying out the plan for our redemption. {DA 88}

He inherited a human body from His mother but He had no human biological father -- God was His Father.
There is a mystery there --
Jesus was completely human, and completely God at the same time.
He was not altogether like us. Yes, He was the Son of man, but He was also the Son of God.

We know He never committed any sin, but there's more, there was NO SIN IN HIM.

1 SM 198 "Christ did no sin, because there was no sin in Him."

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180869
06/28/16 07:50 PM
06/28/16 07:50 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life. {DA 48.5}

Perhaps you should read Robert Weiland's book, "How Could Jesus Be Sinless as a Baby" and see if your belief that Christ was exempt from our hereditary defects holds up.

Originally Posted By: Weiland
Chapter 1: Do We Have A Problem?

Yes! Here we have a Baby different from any other ever born into this world. This little Fellow is pure, sinless, sweet, unselfish, no temper tantrums. As a Baby, no problem to His mother. And according to Isaiah 9:6 (which tells us "unto us a child is born") "the government" of earth and heaven is laid "upon His shoulder."

Get it? That's the shoulder of a helpless Infant who can't yet hold His bottle! If He as a Child falls into our universal sin, that "government" will crash. Everything has come to depend on Him and His perfect sinlessness, while He is born "unto us" who all are sinners.

How and why is He so different from all other babies?

Roman Catholicism claims it has the answer, "His sinlessness is because He has been born of a sinless Mother who experienced an Immaculate Conception in the womb of her mother. This broke the genetic link and gave her a sinless nature all her life so she never knew sexual desire. Thus she gave to Him her sinless, sexless flesh or nature."

Some Seventh-day Adventists also answer that Jesus couldn't be sinless as a baby unless He had been "exempt" from the common genetic inheritance all our babies have to share.

Could there be another solution? "Though he was in the form of God," Christ left His home in heaven and "emptied himself" to be "born in the likeness of men [and] humbled himself" (Philippians 2:7-8, RSV) Is it possible that He "took" or "assumed" the same heredity of fallen, sinful flesh, the same nature that all humanity has, and yet was sinless as a baby?

The angel told the Virgin Mary that He is "that holy thing which shall be born of thee." Paul says He was "holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners" (Luke 1:30, Hebrews 7:26) And Ellen White speaks of His sinless babyhood:

Christ was not like all children . His inclination to right was a constant gratification to His parents . No one, looking upon the childlike countenance, shining with animation, could say that Christ was just like other children {5BC 1117}

One temper tantrum would have made Him a sinner, and that would have destroyed Him as a Saviour because He would then have had "an evil propensity." A sinful "savior" couldn't save anybody. The question is, Why was He so different as a baby?

The problem is not trivial. It's way beyond mere theological contention. Ellen White tells us that "the humanity of the Son of God is everything to us. It is the golden chain that binds our souls to God" {1SM 144} It must have something important to do with our day to day Christian living.

Our Roman Catholic friends also think they see "the humanity of the Son of God" as "everything" to them. They have been pondering this problem for well over a thousand years. That's why they came up with their idea of an "Immaculate Conception" for His mother. For them, this must be a pre-programmed genetic "exemption" from the hereditary stream of fallen mankind. Their idea is a holy separation, the opposite of identity with us. He must not be allowed to come too close to the problem of human sin.

In other words, Mary must have holy flesh so she can pass it on to her Son, so He can come into the world with a sinless nature unlike ours. For Roman Catholics, this answers our question, as a baby Christ couldn't help being good, long before He could reason or think. There was no genetic link with the fallen Adam.

We naturally assume a baby can't reason, can't judge between right and wrong, and it's also true that all our babies are born sinners, by nature selfish. So, do we need that "exemption" for Jesus that excused Him from the legacy that all other babies receive?

Thoughtful Seventh-day Adventists are perplexed. Some see no way for Christ to have been sinless as a baby unless He was "exempt" from our heredity. This idea is usually designated as "pre-Fall," that is, Christ "had" the sinless spiritual nature of Adam before the Fall, unlike ours.

Others (equally thoughtful) see that Christ accepted our full human heredity from the beginning of His incarnation and "took" upon Himself the same burden of our genetic download of sinfulness, yet was holy and sinless even as a baby, and all His life. This is known as the "post-Fall" position, and is identical to the 1888 message view.

Protestants in general say they reject the Immaculate Conception dogma, but they also demand some "exemption" somewhere in the genetic line for Jesus. They still carry considerable baggage from Rome such as Sunday sacredness and the natural immortality of the soul. Is their view of Christ's humanity also borrowed from Rome?

The Bible and Ellen White's writings are clear. Jesus "took" or "assumed" our fallen, sinful nature, an idea diametrically opposed to both the Immaculate Conception and the "exempt" idea. The problem that has occupied centuries of discussion finds its focus in Christ's sinlessness as a baby. How could "the government" be upon His "shoulder" even then? Let us reverently inquire why. If there is an answer to our question, it must be part of the Good News of the gospel.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: ProdigalOne] #180872
06/28/16 09:24 PM
06/28/16 09:24 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
There were no temper tantrums --
What is the cause of temper tantrums?
Isn't it an emotional demonstration to get one's own will?
One can have one's own will before the "age of reasoning"?
Maybe define what you mean by age of reasoning.

Re: Pope Claims Christ Sinned! [Re: kland] #180905
07/01/16 05:26 AM
07/01/16 05:26 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Originally Posted By: kland
There were no temper tantrums --
What is the cause of temper tantrums?
Isn't it an emotional demonstration to get one's own will?
One can have one's own will before the "age of reasoning"?
Maybe define what you mean by age of reasoning.

Reasoning -- logically thinking things through,-- being able to weigh in one's mind the moral principles -- make sound judgments based on evaluating facts -- have sensible reasons for one's actions. Especially have moral responsibility for one's decisions and actions.

Of course a child can have his own will, and can throw a tantrum to get his way before "the age of reasoning". Selfishness comes naturally, one doesn't have to do any logical reasoning, one simply acts on emotion.

Reasoning ability develops as one grows (hopefully)

Babies act on "instinct"
Uncomfortable -- cry --
No reasoning as to "maybe mother is tired" or "it takes a little time to warm up the bottle" or "mother is busy with my sister".
They just "cry" and if attention isn't immediate they cry louder.

As they get a little older, they learn very BASIC cause to effect happenings, however, they still don't reason on a moral level. They see a shiny toy in the store, and they want it, mother says, no, and they resort to what worked in baby land -- cry -- mother says, no, so they scream louder and make a general nuisance of themselves.
There is no logical reasoning going on, they just want it, it's being denied, so they yell and scream. If parents give in, the "cause to effect" programs them to scream every time they don't get what they want. Just because they learn their screaming makes mommy do what they want, is NOT moral reasoning, it's the lowest level of thinking and shows an undisciplined mind in which no reasoning is taking place.

Reasoning starts to come into play around three to four years of age -- (the "why" stage, they start to ask "why" about everything, though more often then not they don't understand when you tell them "why" they just ask "why" again) It's still not moral reasoning -- though they are building the mental blocks in developing reasoning, and starting to realize there is such a thing as a "right way" and "wrong way".

Seven to ten year olds -- have a pretty good sense of right and wrong, at least as it pertains to their culture and the values they have been taught. Their minds are learning many things. They tend to be "teachable" (if they've been trained out of their temper tantrum stage). They are actively reasoning, but their reasoning is still more concrete, not abstract. They generally see the world more in black and white as to values.

Around 12 the mind seems to reach much fuller reasoning powers. That's probably why teenagers are more difficult -- their minds start reasoning about all kinds of things, things aren't "black and white" any more, they see all kinds of shades of meaning to things, and start questioning values and norms and religion, they are seeking for "meaning" in everything.

In Bible times, the age of 3 seemed to mark the transition from infancy into childhood, and the age of 12 marked a certain transition from childhood into young adulthood.
Then the age of 30 marked another transition from young adulthood into potential leadership in the community.

So - yes, temper tantrums in some shape or intensity reveal themselves in the lives of children before they have reached an age when they can reason as to their moral conduct.
It's a built in product of the carnal nature that we were born with.

We must be born again.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!