HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 32 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 31 32
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #180745
06/12/16 01:29 AM
06/12/16 01:29 AM
ProdigalOne  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

I agree, the penalty of the law is intrinsic: the sentence of death is carried out when sin comes into contact with the glorious purity of God. This is an unalterable law as certain and inexorable as the law of gravity. If I jump off of a cliff and die, is it the law of gravity that killed me or my own free choice?

An executioner is not necessary, by choosing to follow Satan, the unsaved sinner becomes his own executioner.

"Then shall they that obey not the gospel be consumed with the spirit of His mouth and be destroyed with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:8. Like Israel of old the wicked destroy themselves; they fall by their iniquity. By a life of sin, they have placed themselves so out of harmony with God, their natures have become so debased with evil, that the manifestation of His glory is to them a consuming fire." – {GC 37.1}

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: APL] #180747
06/12/16 02:15 AM
06/12/16 02:15 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: APL
Originally Posted By: alchemy
Ellen White never said that, APL.

I understand how you are taking those statements of hers, but, our faith must be an intelligent faith. Again, if God doesn't execute judgment, then who does?
Alchemy - EGW said that God is NOT the executioner. Yes, she DID say that. See {GC 36.1} and read it for yourself. God is NOT an executioner.

What does executing judgment mean? Hint - it does not mean "execution" of the sinner; the killing of the sinner. Example: Deuteronomy 10:18 He does execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loves the stranger, in giving him food and raiment. The Bible tells us to "seek judgment". Are we to seek to be executed?

The Bible speaks of judgment as revelation. John 3:19-21 This is how the judgment works: the light has come into the world, but people love the darkness rather than the light, because their deeds are evil. 20 Those who do evil things hate the light and will not come to the light, because they do not want their evil deeds to be shown up. 21 But those who do what is true come to the light in order that the light may show that what they did was in obedience to God.

Originally Posted By: alchemy
if God doesn't execute judgment, then who does?
At the beginning of the great controversy, the angels did not understand this. Had Satan and his host then been left to reap the full result of their sin, they would have perished; but it would not have been apparent to heavenly beings that this was the inevitable result of sin. A doubt of God's goodness would have remained in their minds as evil seed, to produce its deadly fruit of sin and woe. {DA 764.2}

Sin pays its wage, death. It is not execution by God.

As I see it, you are really splitting hairs with that interpretation.

What if an executioner killed an innocent person, would the executioner be guilty of murder? Yes. This is what Sister White is talking about. God is innocent of any and all crimes of injustice, so, He is not like an executioner in that regard. But, God does kill the guilty! And GC 36.1 says that.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #180748
06/12/16 02:21 AM
06/12/16 02:21 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
It is true that the penalty of sin is death. And intrinsic to this fact is that those who live in and by sin are separated from the source of life, and that is Jesus.

But, never does the Bible or Ellen White state that the wicked are left somewhere to eventually die off or kill each other off. This is not the case. God ends all this in His time, and to do this God executes His will by destroying all sin, sinners and death from existence.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #180751
06/12/16 02:32 AM
06/12/16 02:32 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Splitting hairs - you claim that God kills the guilty and that is not an executioner? THAT is a strange interpretation. No. The consequences of sin are intrinsic to sin. Satan has masked the nature of sin {see GC 569.1} to have sinners look at God as the executioner. Alchemy - understand the truth about God! It is very illuminating and it is the last message of mercy to be given to the world. Do not reject it. {see COL 415} But will even look at the references I have given? Sadly, not likely...

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: APL] #180753
06/12/16 03:02 AM
06/12/16 03:02 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: APL
Splitting hairs - you claim that God kills the guilty and that is not an executioner? THAT is a strange interpretation. No. The consequences of sin are intrinsic to sin. Satan has masked the nature of sin {see GC 569.1} to have sinners look at God as the executioner. Alchemy - understand the truth about God! It is very illuminating and it is the last message of mercy to be given to the world. Do not reject it. {see COL 415} But will even look at the references I have given? Sadly, not likely...

I look at the references you have given. But, I have very clear references that say God will destroy the wicked! Do you look at those? I hope so.

This is so important to God that His character and integrity be clear in all the minds of His believers. God is nor arbitrary in any way. God will make it clear to all those living throughout eternity, God never murders anyone, and the only way God would kill will all be accomplished with the Lake of Fire. A Lake of Fire created by God to destroy the wicked!

There isn't any way around that.

Death is intrinsic to sin. Yet, how is that death brought about? Not by some long drawn out watching and waiting for billions of beings to die off or destroy themselves. God will end it all in His time.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: kland] #180754
06/12/16 03:09 AM
06/12/16 03:09 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
[quote=kland]
For instance, regarding Saul the Bible says:

1Ch 10:14 But he did not inquire of the LORD; therefore He killed him, and turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse.

Clear enough for a child?
Or not?

1) As far as 1 Chron 10:14, Saul fell on his sword and died in verse 4. Saul should have confessed his sin to God and repented, but, he did not do that. Once fear got a hold of Saul's heart he killed himself.

Now, if we consider the Lake of Fire, we see that God destroys all the wicked. I find this very clear and simple.
So why did the Bible say God killed Saul if Saul killed himself? Does one you not find clear from the Bible, yet another you do?
If the Bible says God killed Saul, and yet you don't believe that,
Why when the Bible says Lake of Fire, you do believe God does that?
Do you see a pick and choosing going on?

Quote:
2) No, God does not raise the wicked just to torture them. God is vindicating His character to all creation, including the lost. Once this is accomplished, there isn't any reason for the lost to live anymore and God destroys them. God does this so that there isn't any torture involved.
Really? That's just awful! Sounds like an arrogant dictator.

(bold emphasis mine)

I understand the persistant splitting of hairs, but, it is your point that is not clear. Saul destroyed himself in the flesh, but, God will destroy Saul in body and soul in the lake of fire.
Splitting hairs? Would you be saying, that when the Bible says something like, "But he did not inquire of the LORD; therefore He killed him, and turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse.", it means by saying He killed him, past tense, it really means that God will torture him at some point in the future, but God didn't really kill him at the present time and "turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse"?

I can't believe you are really saying that, so what are you really saying? The Bible says God killed Saul and turned the kingdom over to David. Does it mean at that time or to be done at some future time? [/quote]

Blessings kland,

I understand that the Bible describes this event in more than one place and in more than one way, or so it seems. But, I will need to get back with you in the near future.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #180773
06/13/16 09:37 PM
06/13/16 09:37 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
There are some, even on this forum, who did not know of the rest of the story of the event. So in your answer, address it with the idea of those who do not currently know other locations in the Bible that describe an event more fully.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: kland] #180799
06/18/16 02:29 PM
06/18/16 02:29 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
There are some, even on this forum, who did not know of the rest of the story of the event. So in your answer, address it with the idea of those who do not currently know other locations in the Bible that describe an event more fully.

I will do this event in Matthew 12:22-30;

22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.

23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Jesus teaches us here that Satan is not about to destroy himself. That Satan is trying to perpetuate his kingdom, not lose it. So, in verse 29 Jesus describes Himself as the stronger man who is going to bind the strong man, who is Satan and spoil his goods! This is the real point! God will destroy Satan and his kingdom in God's own time.

So, there isn't any contradiction in the death of Saul, first king of Israel. The Bible is quite clear as to how Saul died.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #180871
06/28/16 09:18 PM
06/28/16 09:18 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I'm sorry, how did you conclude that? And did you address my point about not being aware of where the Bible says something else?

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: kland] #180917
07/05/16 01:02 AM
07/05/16 01:02 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
I'm sorry, how did you conclude that? And did you address my point about not being aware of where the Bible says something else?

Quite easily kland. The Bible is abundantly clear how God will vindicate Himself before He destroys the wicked! This destruction of the wicked isn't any arbitrary act on the part of God, as it is with an executioner. One who doesn't care who is innocent or guilty.

Looking back at your response about Saul, I can't make heads or tails about the point you are making? God did kill Saul and give the kingdom to David just like the Bible said.

Page 20 of 32 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!