HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 95 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 94 95
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #180766
06/12/16 11:41 PM
06/12/16 11:41 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
As a lot of time has gone by, this might be the correct link:

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #180767
06/13/16 12:30 AM
06/13/16 12:30 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
If the above one isn't it, perhaps this one is it:

Daryl smile

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #180768
06/13/16 12:37 AM
06/13/16 12:37 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Or it could be in this one:

Daryl smile

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #180769
06/13/16 12:40 AM
06/13/16 12:40 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
That last one seems to be the same as the first one, therefore, I think the middle one may be the one you are looking for in relation to the trumpets and the plagues.

Daryl smile

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #180811
06/21/16 11:46 AM
06/21/16 11:46 AM
K
Karen Y  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Rev. 13:4 says, "And they (the Papacy—the beast) worshipped the dragon (Satan) which gave power" unto him(the Papacy): "and they (dragon) worshipped the beast (the Papacy), saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

Rev. 9:1 "...to him (the Papacy) was given the key of the bottomless pit." The Papacy has power to control the earth especially at the end time because the dragon gave the power. Their spiritual deception is so strong upon the earth coupled with the false prophets. The "woe, woe, woe" (Rev. 8:13) has been announced. However, it was commanded from God that "they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads" (Rev. 9:4).

The probation will be ceased when the sealing of the 144k complete. Then the "hurt" will be upon the earth because the four angels will let go of their "holding" (Rev. 7:1). The seal of God is the sign between His people and God. Ezekiel 20:20 says, "hallow my sabbaths and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God."

The counterpart of the seal of God is the mark of the beast. The Papacy enforces the mark of the beast by great deception. I believe Rev. 9:2-11 depicts the devilish activities of evils through them.

"They had a king over them" (Rev. 9:11). The beast has seven heads (Rev. 13:1, 17:3,7,9) and they are called "king". Rev. 9:10 says, "there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space." The angel of the bottomless pit is the Papacy,—the emissary of the dragon— who "ascended out of the bottomless pit" (Rev. 11:7, 17:8).

The beast has "power to hurt men" (Rev. 9:10). In the Book of Revelation, the 'hurting men' is associated with the close of the probation (Rev. 7:1). I believe that the three woes are upon the earth presently and the close of the probation is very imminent.

Such intertwine of the beast and the dragon is evident. They worship each other trying to accomplish their agenda. I praise God for His sovereignty.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #180890
06/30/16 03:10 AM
06/30/16 03:10 AM
K
Karen Y  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
The beast which ascended out of the bottomless pit is mentioned in Rev. 17:8 and Rev. 11:8. He symbolizes who "make war against" God's people especially at the end-time. The dragon gave power to the beast, not only that, he also gave authority and his seat, which denotes religious power, economy power and political power. The beast is dragon's vicegerent agent, which we find more of an enlarged picture of the beast in Rev. 13.

The dragon says, "Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?" (Rev.13:4). He also gave the beast "a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies" (Rev. 13:5). Satan says, "Through my vicegerent, I will exalt myself...Thus the world will become mine. I will be the ruler of the earth, the prince of the world...The earth will be wholly under my dominion"-Mar 162.4

The world—"all the world wondered after the beast" (Rev. 13:3)— is deceived by the powers of the devil and his vicegerent. The most of the world is not aware of the deception. "And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast" (Rev. 13:14). They are even forced to worship the beast—"cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed" (Rev. 13:15). Three angels messages are given to unmask the deception (See Rev. 14:6-11).

The destroyer is Satan. The beast is his emissary—a king which is the angel of the bottomless pit. And he is called Abandon or Apollyon, which means destroyer. (See Rev. 9:11). Satan is destroyer and the beast is his vicegerent, destroyer. Dragon worships the beast and the beast worships the dragon in Rev. 13:4.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #180892
06/30/16 10:51 AM
06/30/16 10:51 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Karen Y
The dragon gave power to the beast, not only that, he also gave authority and his seat, which denotes religious power, economy power and political power. The beast is dragon's vicegerent agent, which we find more of an enlarged picture of the beast in Rev. 13.

Hi Karen, I did read some of your posts, but been too busy elsewhere to participate.

I disagree with your above comment. The Bible doesn't say that the earth beast gave authority and his seat -- it says " he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed."

We have to be very careful not to distort, or add or withdraw to the Lord's word.

To me Scripture says that the 2nd beast :

a) exercises all the authority of the 1st beast (thus the 2nd beast did NOT give his authority to the 1st beast as you said.)

b) and he made the earth worship the 1st beast : The reason for this is because the 2nd beast from the earth didn't want to be worshipped for he didn't want to be known so he would remain SECRET. That's why he was later named "Mystery[musterion] Babylon" in Rev 17:5. The Greek word musterion derive from the word muo that means "to shout the mouth" thus musterion means "a secret". The 2nd beast ability to remain SECRET was the source of his main power. He used the visibility of the 1st beast to accomplish that.

Blessings
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Elle] #180898
06/30/16 09:19 PM
06/30/16 09:19 PM
K
Karen Y  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Ellen, it seems you misread my comment. The dragon gave power and authority and his seat to the beast, as we are told in “The dragon gave him his power and his seat and great authority” (Rev. 13:2). I did not say the first beast gave his seat to the second beast. So please reread and see that it was the dragon who gave his power to the beast.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #180902
07/01/16 01:58 AM
07/01/16 01:58 AM
K
Karen Y  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Dear Elle not Ellen.

I would like to share some more insights:

In order to identify the angel of the bottomless pit in Rev. 9, we must start from Rev. 17:5, which tells us, “Upon her head was a name written, “MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” The dragon gave his power and his seat and great authority to the beast (Rev. 13:2). The beast ascended from the bottomless pit and he “shall make war against them” (Rev. 11:7). The beast is the king from the bottomless pit and who will unleash evil power upon the inhabitants of the earth: “And they had a king over them, which is “the angel of the bottomless pit” (Rev. 9:11).

We see the path to the angel/king’s identity. It is revealed in Rev. 17 as the harlot who sits on the seven-headed beast; then Rev. 13 as the beast who arises from the sea; then Rev. 11 as the beast ascended from the bottomless pit; and finally Rev. 9, which says the angel is the king of the bottomless pit. Thus the king, who is the angel of the bottomless pit, is the beast. Notice they are in reverse order and are all odd chapter numbers: 17, 13, 11, 9. This is an easy way to identify the angel of the bottomless pit at one glance.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #180906
07/01/16 12:01 PM
07/01/16 12:01 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Dear Elle not Ellen.

smile I knew you meant me. No offence taken...Elle is not even my real name. smile

I would like to share some more insights:

In order to identify the angel of the bottomless pit in Rev. 9, we must start from Rev. 17:5, which tells us, “Upon her head was a name written, “MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” The dragon gave his power and his seat and great authority to the beast (Rev. 13:2). The beast ascended from the bottomless pit and he “shall make war against them” (Rev. 11:7). The beast is the king from the bottomless pit and who will unleash evil power upon the inhabitants of the earth: “And they had a king over them, which is “the angel of the bottomless pit” (Rev. 9:11).

We see the path to the angel/king’s identity. It is revealed in Rev. 17 as the harlot who sits on the seven-headed beast; then Rev. 13 as the beast who arises from the sea; then Rev. 11 as the beast ascended from the bottomless pit; and finally Rev. 9, which says the angel is the king of the bottomless pit. Thus the king, who is the angel of the bottomless pit, is the beast. Notice they are in reverse order and are all odd chapter numbers: 17, 13, 11, 9. This is an easy way to identify the angel of the bottomless pit at one glance.

That is Very kind and sisterly of you for clarifying and try to link up to my misunderstanding. Blessings! I shouldn't of commented as I wasn't reading all your posts and wasn't aware of the progression of your thoughts.

I think you do an error in linking up the angel of the bottomless pit with Rev 17, and the beasts of Rev 13. I typically substantiate with detail reasons why I make any statement but I can't right now because it is a lot of ground to cover and time is not on my side to do so.

I see the sea beast, the earth beast of Rev 13, the dragon of Rev 12, and the King of the bottomless pit of Rev 9 as all different entities. In the past, I did the same as you by linking many of these as the same. I have reasons to have changed my position.

You know the reformers once they had the printed Bible in their hand; saw and interpretated the book of revelation historically. Meaning the book of revelation is a historical account of events of Christianity in the Western world starting from the time of Pentecost after Jesus death to His 2nd coming with a brief glimpse of the Great White throne and the end.

It is only when Darby and Scofield in the 1800s with their dispensationalism studies that the book of Revelation was interpretated futuristically.

Most of what is written in Revelation including all the 7 trumpets has already taken place. I do plan to give you a brief description with the correlated events in history with links for further readings; so you may consider such an interpretation.

For example, Rev 9, the 5th trumpet is about the rise of Mohammed who claim to have ascended to heaven, spoke to God, and returned on earth to give the people the Koran. His rise was in the year 612 just to place the 5th trumpet in context of history. Mohammed is the "angel" (messenger) who was given the "keys of the abyss"(authority and power) that brought smoke(darkness via his revelation from heaven) into the world that from that smoke "locust"(not literal locust but warriors see Joel 2:3-11) came out of it and devastated the land symbolically like real locust does. So this is an example of the potential symbolical meaning of Revelation. Historically, we now know of Islam had a great impact in the world after the rise of Mohammed.

Actually the 3 last trumpets -- the 3 woes-- are all related to the rise of Islam to bring judgment on the Christian Church(at the time was the RCC).

To me it makes sense when we study the historical account of what has happened in the past and the chronicle correlation of the book of Revelation. Because of this correlation, I think maybe the early Reformers had the right perspective before the influence of Darby and Scofield's work came to obscure Christendom.

Blessings
Page 45 of 95 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 94 95

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!