HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Global Warming Trend #181263
08/06/16 03:45 PM
08/06/16 03:45 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
While many events indicate a clear warming trend, many skeptics find reason to discredit the apparent facts of the case. How much of the scientific facts do they actually know?

An interesting online quiz can be found here:

Climate change: Is your opinion informed by science? Take our quiz!

NOTE: The quiz appears to be up-to-date as of 2014. This means that data for the years since then are not accounted for in the quiz. (This might have changed one or two of my own responses had I realized it before taking the quiz. I guess I should have paid better attention.)

Note also that the quiz includes a few historical questions that are not strictly scientific. I didn't get a 100% score--which I likely could have had I cheated (I stayed within the quiz and did not look anything up for any of the questions throughout).

My results:
Quote:
You answered 19 of 23 questions correctly for a total score of 83%.

(They actually provide a table showing your answers and whether or not they were correct at the end, but I won't post that lest I spoil your challenge.)

Feel free to report back your score here in this thread, but please don't post the quiz answers or discuss specific statistics/data of the quiz questions, lest it spoil it for others who have not taken it yet.

With only 20+ questions, it doesn't take long, and it's educational. Have fun! smile

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Global Warming Trend [Re: Green Cochoa] #181269
08/08/16 12:50 PM
08/08/16 12:50 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
WARNING!

The site linked uses Google code among other tracking systems that, depending on other safety measures you take, don't take, or are not aware of, could enable you to be flagged according to your global warming beliefs. For instance, if you use gmail and take the quiz, you will be marked. There are other less obvious ways of flagging you such as if you have not changed your browser default settings.

Re: Global Warming Trend [Re: kland] #181271
08/08/16 05:32 PM
08/08/16 05:32 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: kland
WARNING!

The site linked uses Google code among other tracking systems that, depending on other safety measures you take, don't take, or are not aware of, could enable you to be flagged according to your global warming beliefs. For instance, if you use gmail and take the quiz, you will be marked. There are other less obvious ways of flagging you such as if you have not changed your browser default settings.

While I appreciate your thoughtfulness in sounding this warning, the quiz does not ask what one believes about global warming. I took the quiz from a browser and an IP address that are not linked to my email, so Google should have had a difficult time tracking me. I don't see why anyone who uses the internet these days could hope to escape the power of Google, however. What do you search for? What engine do you use? Do you use Chrome? Google+? Post videos or comments to Youtube? If you want to avoid that political warming trend, best go off the grid completely.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Global Warming Trend [Re: Green Cochoa] #181272
08/10/16 12:30 PM
08/10/16 12:30 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I do not use Google, Chrome, GMail, nor post videos on youtube, nor anything Google I can keep from. Some sites force jquery so if you want to see them you have to enable it judiciously. I found something that may allow it to load local, but one would need to inspect the code. I also try to configure my browser not to "phone home" to google through all it's "safe browsing" helpfulness. I'm sure there's some sites from Google I don't know about, but I try not to make it too easy for them to match things up.

I see maritime links to facebook and ranking.com. Don't know if they go to google or not. I deny them.

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!