HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Re: Are we at the close of probation? [Re: dedication] #181899
11/13/16 02:05 PM
11/13/16 02:05 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Interesting how the speculators keep stretching things out to try and accommodate changes that upset former speculations.

I agree with you on this point, but you would not agree with it as I would say it from my perspective about you

Pope Francis is a Solo pope!

Are you saying that The 7 heads/popes that ruled before the papacy of pope Francis had a second former pope living while they ruled as solo popes from 1929 to 2013? If the 7 popes from 1929 to 2013 only ruled one pope living at a time and the eighth pope rules while his predecessor is alive is the tenure of the 8th pope not deviating from the pattern established in the previous 7?

One can't just ignore him because he doesn't fit.

I didn't tell God to stop the prophecy at Benedict and move to the earth-beast. I wasn't even consulted. But you cannot follow the prophecy correctly if you won't follow the prophecy.

There are not two popes ruling, any more than there are five presidents ruling in the USA -- (Carter, Bush 1, Bill Clinton, Bush 2) are all still alive.

That is a false argument. The fact is that 2 popes are currently alive at the same time after 2013. But between 1929 - 2013 there is not one instance of two popes being alive at the same time. I am talking about the facts... not your spin on them.

The evidence is that Pope Francis enjoys consulting with Pope Benedict. When the door of mercy was opened Francis walked through it first and Benedict followed him second. When John-Paul II was declared a saint, Francis officiated with the aide of Benedict. And when Francis sits on his throne in the cathedral, Benedict is often seated off to the right side facing Francis.

Besides horns symbolize government power, not individuals.
Daniel 8's he-goat shows Greece first had "one" horn (one powerful government) as it went forth to conquer, but then split into four competing powers or governments.

You know better...that is your opinion, modified to make your point. It is not what the Scripture says:

Daniel 8:20-22 "The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia. And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king."

A horn is a king.

Quote:
Republicanism and Protestantism became the fundamental principles of the nation. These principles are the secret of its power and prosperity. {GC 441.2}

These are the characteristics of the horns. The quote you provided makes that clear:

Quote:
And the lamb-like horns, emblems of innocence and gentleness, well represent the character of our government, as expressed in its two fundamental principles, Republicanism and Protestantism. {Mar 193.3}

Quote:
The rulers of the land will take their position above the great Creator of the world. The claims of a false sabbath will be brought to the front, and the rulers and the people will act upon the principle of a short-sighted policy. The false sabbath, the first day of the week, will be accepted, and the rulers will unite with the man of sin to restore his lost ascendancy. Laws enforcing the observance of Sunday as the Sabbath will bring about a national apostasy from the principles of republicanism upon which the government has been founded. The religion of the Papacy will be accepted by the rulers, and the law of God will be made void. {20MR 14.2}

The earth beast of Revelation 13 has a "two horn" government, which inspiration tells us shows a country that has separated religious power from political power.

Its power is based on two lamb-like (peaceful) horns — free religion (not forced by the state) and free civil government (not bound by a specific religion). Previously church and state had been united each bound by the other.

The evidence is that a horn is symbolic of a king and the earth beast in Revelation 13 only has 2 of them identified in the prophecy.

Quote:
"I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, but he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them that dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, and deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by the sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed." "These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them; for he is Lord of lords and King of kings; and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful." "And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and the cage of every unclean and hateful bird. . . . And I heard another voice from heaven saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." {RH, November 29, 1892 par. 4}

The ruler of the earth beast with the lamblike horns that does these things is Barack Obama when he turns away from his profession of protestantism and republicanism to speak like a dragon.

Quote:
The people of the United States have been a favored people; but when they restrict religious liberty, surrender Protestantism, and give countenance to popery, the measure of their guilt will be full, and "national apostasy" will be registered in the books of heaven. The result of this apostasy will be national ruin. {Mar 216.2}

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Are we at the close of probation? [Re: Alchemy] #181900
11/13/16 02:09 PM
11/13/16 02:09 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Interesting how the speculators keep stretching things out to try and accommodate changes that upset former speculations.

Pope Francis is a Solo pope!
One can't just ignore him because he doesn't fit.
There are not two popes ruling, any more than there are five presidents ruling in the USA -- (Carter, Bush 1, Bill Clinton, Bush 2) are all still alive.

Besides horns symbolize government power, not individuals.
Daniel 8's he-goat shows Greece first had "one" horn (one powerful government) as it went forth to conquer, but then split into four competing powers or governments.

The earth beast of Revelation 13 has a "two horn" government, which inspiration tells us shows a country that has separated religious power from political power.

Its power is based on two lamb-like (peaceful) horns — free religion (not forced by the state) and free civil government (not bound by a specific religion). Previously church and state had been united each bound by the other.

Quote:
" Republicanism and Protestantism became the fundamental principles of the nation. These principles are the secret of its power and prosperity. {GC 441.2}
And the lamb-like horns, emblems of innocence and gentleness, well represent the character of our government, as expressed in its two fundamental principles, Republicanism and Protestantism. {Mar 193.3}

Horns = power.
Republicanism and Protestantism are the secret of USA power.

When the USA renounces this secret of her power national ruin results.

Quote:
The people of the United States have been a favored people; but when they restrict religious liberty, surrender Protestantism, and give countenance to popery, the measure of their guilt will be full, and "national apostasy" will be registered in the books of heaven. The result of this apostasy will be national ruin. {Mar 216.2}

Excellent post.

Just enough truth mixed with error to keep people in darkness.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Are we at the close of probation? [Re: Rick H] #181905
11/14/16 06:24 AM
11/14/16 06:24 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
The crisis is stealing gradually upon us. The sun shines in the heavens, passing over its usual round. . . . Men are still eating and drinking, planting and building, marrying, and giving in marriage. Merchants are still buying and selling. Men are jostling one against another, contending for the highest place. Pleasure lovers are still crowding to theaters, horse races, gambling hells. The highest excitement prevails, yet probation's hour is fast closing, and every case is about to be eternally decided. . . . {Mar 35.5}

People will be arguing as to whether this or that man is the last president -- and trying to fix the prophecies on one man or another, instead of fixing their hope and faith on Christ, and fully dedicating their lives to Him.

Yes, the USA will link its power with spiritualism and papal power and institute papal laws and persecution bringing in a great time of trouble, not only for America but for the world -- where will your focus and strength to stand be?

Somehow I can envision that happening much faster under a Trump reign than under a restored Obama reign. But the issue isn't on "who is president" but on where we stand in our relationship with Christ.

Re: Are we at the close of probation? [Re: dedication] #181907
11/14/16 11:23 AM
11/14/16 11:23 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Quote:
The crisis is stealing gradually upon us. The sun shines in the heavens, passing over its usual round. . . . Men are still eating and drinking, planting and building, marrying, and giving in marriage. Merchants are still buying and selling. Men are jostling one against another, contending for the highest place. Pleasure lovers are still crowding to theaters, horse races, gambling hells. The highest excitement prevails, yet probation's hour is fast closing, and every case is about to be eternally decided. . . . {Mar 35.5}

People will be arguing as to whether this or that man is the last president -- and trying to fix the prophecies on one man or another, instead of fixing their hope and faith on Christ, and fully dedicating their lives to Him.

Yes, the USA will link its power with spiritualism and papal power and institute papal laws and persecution bringing in a great time of trouble, not only for America but for the world -- where will your focus and strength to stand be?

Somehow I can envision that happening much faster under a Trump reign than under a restored Obama reign. But the issue isn't on "who is president" but on where we stand in our relationship with Christ.

I do not claim infallibility. If infallibility were the test, the Millerites failed that test in 1843 and 1844 when Christ did not come. And then it appears that to save face they changed the Sanctuary from earth to heaven. Of course, we know that is not the whole truth, but so much for infallibility as a test of prophetic understanding.

If we remembered how God led us in our past history and applied the lesson to how He is leading now, the fact that I correctly said that Pope Benedict would not be pope after the Spring of 2013 and that Brexit would occur and that Trump would be elected President (all from studying the scriptures and having made those correct understandings public even a year before they happened) should merit some consideration to my pronouncement as far back as 2008 that President Obama is the last President identified in Bible prophecy. He is going to be in office when Christ Returns according to my reading of Daniel and Revelation.

As I currently understand it, the sad thing is that when Obama fulfills Bible prophecy and he takes his third term, the cry will go forth that the Bridegroom is at the door and the foolish virgins won't have time to prepare to meet Him. They waited too long to study the prophecies, they let their time of probation run out and then they will wail, Lord Lord didn't we do this and that for you but He will not accept them. And those who the foolish virgins kept from making ready will blame the foolish ones for their loss...

I don't claim to have all the truth, but I tell what I know at the time I know it and I ask everyone to evaluate it thoroughly and honestly because God does not put things in Bible prophecy that are unimportant. I meet with a group every Sabbath in the Collegedale area and the leader allowed me to speak (just to be polite?), but he did not accept my view. He asked difficult questions. He studied the texts. He asked, is there anyone here that really believes what Henry is saying? A Conference literature evangelist took him aside and "straightened him out." This tossed him into despair; he had two friends telling him opposite things. Then as we studied the Bible again, the Holy Spirit settled the matter in his heart. He had that ah ha moment. "Why didn't you just use these texts and say..." --I thought that is what I had been doing all the time.

Not everyone will agree after studying the matter completely. Not everyone, who takes a Bible study becomes an Adventist. But we owe it to ourselves to lay aside preconceived notions and to look at the Scriptures that lead to the conclusion rather than jumping to a conclusion.

It is such an easy thing to look at the study with a prayerful spirit as it was to look at the bronze serpent in the wilderness.

Re: Are we at the close of probation? [Re: dedication] #181919
11/16/16 05:45 PM
11/16/16 05:45 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Any guesses as to what "before overlooked" detail will suddenly come to light when Obama doesn't remain in office?

Re: Are we at the close of probation? [Re: His child] #181920
11/16/16 05:52 PM
11/16/16 05:52 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: kland
If you're objecting to Pius Vi being number 5, which I thought you had said, then what number do you call him?

Re 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast.

We looked upon the bust of Pius VI. The marble statue beneath the bust contained the heart of the pope. This is the pope specified in prophecy, which received the deadly wound.
{5MR 318.1}

Miscommunication is often a problem that prevents meaningful dialog.

The prophecy divides the popes into 2 groups.
1) The beast head received the deadly wound
2) The deadly wound was healed;

Pope Pius VI was the one that was wounded.
The counting of the healed heads begins with Pius XI
Why?

One before said the number of popes was at number 600 something. So you're going along, counting to 65x, the deadly wound comes, and you start the count over.

Why?

Where in the Bible does it say one should restart the pope count?

Quote:
It is the same head in that its name is Pius
but it is different men/popes
Rev 13 had 7 heads.
Rev 17 had 7 heads.

Why are you not counting the heads of popes before the deadly wound? Why are there more than 7? Why does the same papacy system need a restart of counting in Rev 17? Where in the Bible do you get the authority to restart counting?

Re: Are we at the close of probation? [Re: kland] #181933
11/18/16 02:33 PM
11/18/16 02:33 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

Rev 13 had 7 heads.
Rev 17 had 7 heads.

Why are you not counting the heads of popes before the deadly wound? Why are there more than 7? Why does the same papacy system need a restart of counting in Rev 17? Where in the Bible do you get the authority to restart counting?

I see now that what I have been saying is being confused with the errors of others and everything is being lumped together (truth and error) as though they are the same.

The prophecy in Revelation 13 divides the papal beast into two phases:

Originally Posted By: Revelation 13:3
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

When Pius VI received the deadly wound, it ended the 1260 years from 538-1798.

The Pius head was wounded (Pius 6) and then the Pius head was healed (Pius XI). When Pius 6 received the wound, he lost his global secular kingdom and his position as head of all the churches and that condition prevailed from 1798 to 1929.

When Mussolini restored the kingdom the Pius XI in 1929 the phase of the restored papacy began. There were only 7 popes in this phase that match the prophecy: Pius XI & XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John-Paul I & II, and Benedict XVI.

John-Paul II is a special pope in this prophecy because he literally received a deadly wound (almost died) it was healed, he lived exactly 42 full months after 9/11/01 (died 4?2/2005), President Reagan recognized his papacy as a political entity (as Mussolini had done), AND President Bush I recognized John-Paul II as "the world's moral leader" that is akin to being head of all the churches!

After the Pius head (6 & XI) received the wounding and the healing a specific head (pope) was wounded and healed among the 7 post 1929 popes and America Wondered after the beast.

Quote:
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

All the world did not fulfill the condition of wondering after the beast when America was not in that number. America did follow it in the period from 1929 to 2013.

Re: Are we at the close of probation? [Re: Rick H] #181946
11/21/16 04:04 PM
11/21/16 04:04 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I see nothing in there answering the question. Let's presume you are correct that there are two phases.

Where in the Bible does it say you are to start renumbering the heads after 1929?

Skipping your reagan, etc. comments whihc I'ms sure will be quite interesting twist, let's stay with the popes.

Rev 17:
Scarlet beast.
7 heads
Carried the woman.
Which was named Babylon.

Are you saying the scarlet beast or at least his heads and the carried woman did not exist prior to 1929? The beast that was and is not all happened after 1929?

Re: Are we at the close of probation? [Re: kland] #181950
11/21/16 07:54 PM
11/21/16 07:54 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I see nothing in there answering the question. Let's presume you are correct that there are two phases.

Where in the Bible does it say you are to start renumbering the heads after 1929?

That is when the Pius head was healed

Skipping your reagan, etc. comments whihc I'ms sure will be quite interesting twist, let's stay with the popes.

Rev 17:
Scarlet beast.
7 heads
Carried the woman.
Which was named Babylon.

The scarlet beast in Rev 17 is the same beast from Rev 13 drenched in the blood of the saints.

An apostate woman is Babylon, BUT the beast is also Babylon since the beast is the papacy.

The papacy is not riding itself.

Apostate Protestantism is riding the papacy. The name of Apostate Protestantism's forehead is the mark of the beast (title=Babylon Authority=Mother of harlots territory=the earth)

Are you saying the scarlet beast or at least his heads and the carried woman did not exist prior to 1929? The beast that was and is not all happened after 1929?

Did Apostate Protestantism bond with the papacy before 1929 when the world began to wonder after the beast? The head on the beast that is not was John-Paul II (he was mortally wounded) and he is because he recovered and Satan will impersonate John-Paul II so that the world that does not know the truth about the dead will be deceived by him. Then Satan as John-Paul II will say he is going to heaven to send the Comforter and Satan will appear as Jesus.

It seems like I have been through this before don't you remember reading it?

Re: Are we at the close of probation? [Re: Rick H] #181956
11/22/16 01:30 PM
11/22/16 01:30 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
It seems like I've asked this before but have not yet received an answer:

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!