HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 33 of 46 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183540
05/05/17 02:57 AM
05/05/17 02:57 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I think I replied to everything directed to me in this thread. If I missed something please send me a PM to point me to the post if you want me to comment on it.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #183552
05/06/17 03:17 PM
05/06/17 03:17 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: dedication
Originally Posted By: APL
Originally Posted By: jp
The Kingdom of God (i.e. the Church)
An assumption. And if the church, which one?

The "emerging church" of course!
The ecumenical undivided church that incorporates spiritualism, Catholicism, Protestantism, in one "undivided" unity of thought (though still allowing diverse outward forms as long as they all recognize each other as equally part of the body).

That's the church being touted by many today, as the "kingdom of God" to fill the earth.

A misunderstanding of the kingdom of God is a foundational error of the emerging church. They believe that “the long-promised kingdom, spoken of by the Hebrew prophets, was established in provisional form with the coming of Jesus and the outpouring of His Spirit (Emerging Churches, p. 47).
They believe it is to grow and fill the earth -- and we need to all get together, not worry about such divisive things like doctrines, and work to fully bring in the kingdom of God on earth.

It's a “secular salvation” (that is the salvation of the planet and culture) within society, an experiential salvation based on feelings and mysticism , but no real understanding of salvation from sin, or doctrinal understanding of scripture.

The pressure is on to push this "emerging church" upon the world. A sign we are near the end!
Of course EGW's writings must be mocked and rejected -- for the message sent from God, through her, prophesized this counterfeit "church" would emerge and attempt to fill the whole earth, and that it was NOT the church of Jesus Christ.

This whole idea of fusing churches together so-to-speak is the way of the world. But, this fusion has got to be forced! That is something we need to remember about globalism and the emerging church. They must be forced or they will never happen.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183592
05/08/17 09:41 PM
05/08/17 09:41 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
His child, I noticed some similarities on World's Last Chance. By any chance are you familiar with them, and what do you think of them?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183594
05/08/17 11:54 PM
05/08/17 11:54 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
His child, I noticed some similarities on World's Last Chance. By any chance are you familiar with them, and what do you think of them?

Never heard of them.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183602
05/10/17 08:46 PM
05/10/17 08:46 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
I think I replied to everything directed to me in this thread. If I missed something please send me a PM to point me to the post if you want me to comment on it.
The alpha is A and the omega is W in Greek.
Yes, it appears like a "W" in "Greek". But what is omega in Latin/English?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183611
05/11/17 05:41 PM
05/11/17 05:41 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
The alpha is A and the omega is W in Greek.
Yes, it appears like a "W" in "Greek". But what is omega in Latin/English?

The comments that I have posted on Alpha & Omega (AW - WA) clearly express my current understanding.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183642
05/13/17 09:16 PM
05/13/17 09:16 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Q: Is there only one definition of Kingdom of God defined in the Bible?

THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM

There is the gospel, the kingdom of heaven, likened unto leaven, or a growing mustard seed, etc.
This gospel or kingdom of heaven, the word of God,introduces true goodness, righteousness, and peace into people's lives. This transforms the entire affections and purposes of the individual into conformity to the mind and will of God.

This is the "gospel of the kingdom" which is being preached in all the world.

Matt. 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom,

Matt. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Jesus presents this truth in parables, using varied illustrations to show that this gospel would spread and change lives.

THE GLORIOUS KINGDOM

The gospel of the kingdom of heaven fits human beings for the glorious kingdom of heaven. The gospel of the kingdom is a spiritual awakening and connecting with Christ which purifies the life and ennobles the character and prepares the person to enter into the company of holy beings.

The glorious kingdom is not of this world -- it is the eternal kingdom where there is no sin of any kind, no sickness, no death, but living in the glorious, visible presence of our Lord and Savior, in the world made new.

That kingdom is establish on earth after the 1000 years.

Matt. 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Rev. 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired...

Rev. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven.
21:10 He showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light [was] like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.
21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #183646
05/13/17 11:34 PM
05/13/17 11:34 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The gospel kingdom -- or "spiritual kingdom" the kingdom of grace, that we are to enter into NOW, is also called the "kingdom of light. Basically it is recognizing our Lord and Savior as KING of our lives.

The kingdom of light (being transformed by the gospel of truth in Christ) is contrasted to the kingdom of darkness (where satan is the prince of disobedience).

Col. 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which has made us fit to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
1:13 Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Shall we choose Christ as our Lord, and step from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light?

God's kingdom spans two phases --these are recognized in the Scriptures.
1. the kingdom of grace
2. the kingdom of glory.

Each speaks of a "throne".
Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of grace represents the kingdom of grace; for the existence of a throne implies the existence of a kingdom.

Matt. 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory,....

Matt. 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Here we see the throne of glory upon which Christ will sit when the kingdom of glory comes.

2. The message of the first advent announced the kingdom of grace.
Matthew 3:2 Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matt. 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Repentance is part of the kingdom of grace.

3. The message of the Second Advent announces the kingdom of glory.
Matt. 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven...and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

4. The Second Advent of Christ is a necessary factor in the setting up of the everlasting kingdom.
Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

5. Those who respond to the call to kingdom of grace through the preaching of the gospel, will share in the glories kingdom of Glory.
Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him], that we may be also glorified together.

6. While the "gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world", and fill the earth with light, it will be spurned and rejected by the majority. There will be NO kingdom of glory in this world. Only after the 1000 will the kingdom of glory fill the earth when it is made new.

Matt 24:14-16 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them flee....

Rev. 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. ...Come out of her, my people.

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183647
05/14/17 12:39 AM
05/14/17 12:39 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
dedication

I like your use of scripture to explain such an important topic. This makes "the message" much easier to grasp, in verity. smile

One "rejection of the testimonies" can be easily understood by Luke 17:26. As we know, unbelief on this text alone, would be just that.

Quote:
Thus the inhabitants of that long-lived race perished in the Flood, and even the beasts perished, except those that were in the ark. Christ said, “As it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.” Thus shall it be when Christ shall be revealed at His second coming. {CTr 58.3}

When ever, and where ever it is shown how "the testimonies" do not contradict scriptures, there will then be a "message" and a "testimony" about that message.

To reject such "testimonies" works against all that the church stands for.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183659
05/14/17 05:25 PM
05/14/17 05:25 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Very true --
When people understand the bible they have no problem with EGW's testimonies, for they do NOT contradict scripture.

Page 33 of 46 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!